_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1581 1582 [1583] 1584 1585 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931686 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23730 on: February 08, 2014, 02:00:52 pm »

//recieving encrypted file//
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23731 on: February 08, 2014, 02:10:14 pm »

((Welcome to the crew Dorsi, with our upcoming battle we'll need all the cannon fodder valuable comrades we have.

Also, nice chart, but I think PW will appreciate ir if you also post it in a regular text version, so he can just copy-paste it into his documents.
Do you want to join next mission? If yes, assault team ok?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23732 on: February 08, 2014, 02:38:52 pm »

((@ Phoenix: welcome to the crew, we can always use more dead meat cannon fodder.

And don't worry about the speech skill dumping, neither the HMRC nor ARM has ever been big on talking before shooting.
If you want, you can go to the wiki (see link in my sig) and read the new player introduction, if ya want.
Oh, and do you want to join next mission? If yes, assault team ok?))

((Thanks, and sure, stick me wherever, assuming I get the ok from Piecewise, whilst by choice Angel is telling me he'd prefer defense he's also the kind of person who'd take on an avatar of war with a sharp rock if ordered to... he's not a Sod don't get me wrong but a lot of that military indoctrination is liable to transfer over (just don't make the mistake that corporate official made I'd hate to have him use the ship he's assaulting as a KKV on his first mission... I'd have to think up a new character then :D )

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23733 on: February 08, 2014, 03:48:33 pm »

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23734 on: February 08, 2014, 05:01:22 pm »

((Ok, chalk me up as another "joined the forum because of piecewise" member... although I've been a reader and lurker for years and a DF player for longer than that, but this spurred me into finally creating an account, not sure if this is still the right thread for sign-ups if Piecewise is still taking them but I'll submit the below anyway: comments and criticism are welcome for everyone, especially if they help me tighten up the backstory a bit, I've read all the mission threads up to date and most of the new OOC threads but I'm kind of sleep deprived at the time of writing so it may be complete incoherent blathering))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((So... A Space Marine ? :P.))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23735 on: February 08, 2014, 05:05:19 pm »

((HERESY!
But yeah, I can see your point. Clearly a Dark Angel.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23736 on: February 08, 2014, 05:22:07 pm »

((HERESY!
Not like it says so in the first four lines or something.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23737 on: February 08, 2014, 05:30:19 pm »

((HERESY!
Not like it says so in the first four lines or something.

((
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
What makes you say that?))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23738 on: February 08, 2014, 05:44:38 pm »

((coughOcoughOcoughCcoughThreadCough))

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23739 on: February 08, 2014, 05:51:02 pm »

((Ok, chalk me up as another "joined the forum because of piecewise" member... although I've been a reader and lurker for years and a DF player for longer than that, but this spurred me into finally creating an account, not sure if this is still the right thread for sign-ups if Piecewise is still taking them but I'll submit the below anyway: comments and criticism are welcome for everyone, especially if they help me tighten up the backstory a bit, I've read all the mission threads up to date and most of the new OOC threads but I'm kind of sleep deprived at the time of writing so it may be complete incoherent blathering))

((So... A Space Marine ? :P.))

((Heh, weirdly I wasn't thinking of space marines when I created this... I mean I'm a 40k nut so it may have been filtering around in my head but that wasn't actually my inspiration... what I was thinking of was actually creating something as a bit of a counterpoint to Jim... as well as playing with a few ideas based on Sods. Whereas Jim is a clone bred for combat who is steadily becoming more... "human" for want of a better term with a keen sense of morality, I wanted to go the other way: someone who voluntarily gave up their humanity for war, for potentially good reasons but was in some ways consumed by it. Also I rather liked the idea of a project starting to create better soldiers then realising the truth of the maxim "When all you have is a hammer, the whole world begins to look like a nail": hence the whole mine thing: the MGAXTs will do exactly what you tell them, and unlike sods they have enough creativity left from their original personalities to handle... what I suppose you might call "Out of paradigm" problems... it's just that they tend to do it by throwing more explosives at it if possible, they generally have a bit of a hard time getting their heads around non-combat scenarios, not that they *can't* just that it simply isn't likely to occur to them, once they have the idea they can run with it a bit but this is one reason the program failed: Tell an MGA that they need to locate additional food for the mess hall and you're liable to find they've deployed an armoured cavalry division to lock down the local supermarket and ransack it for supplies.

Similarly the "Dark Angel" Callsign wasn't based on the space marine chapter (although I'll freely admit the Phoenix Reapers did get a bit Space Marine-y towards the end... though I'd like to think of that as convergent evolution, remember how Steve said he did what he did because that was his purpose, what he was created for? It's somewhere back in the archives when someone asked him, The Reapers were the same: they were created for war, and were left unable to really handle anything else hence the massive suicide rates on discharge), it was more the idea of the "Fallen Angel" I wanted: the best of intentions but possibly the worst of outcomes and after a while you're left in so deep that you can't find your way back. but yeah paris is right, I'm happy to talk more about the character but it probably ought to be in OOC)) 

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23740 on: February 10, 2014, 02:12:59 pm »

"Uh, ma'am, I'm not an engineer, I'm more of a negotiator or public speaker..."

((You can have my designs I posted in the Tinker thread, since Miya isn't staying here anyways.))

To Tavik:

Quote from: Miya to Jack
Heya, I heard you are volunteering for piloting that beetlebot thing. Are you sure about this? I won't lie to you, that thing looks like a deathtrap to me. And are you willing to take responsibility if something goes wrong?

"Much better. Oh hey a new message."

Quote from: Jack>Miya
Yes I know this is a deathtrap. Still going to pilot it though. And yes to the secound question. Now, I need to wake up properly.

Slowly go through the controls for the mech.

Alright so...this button makes it...oh god, oh god, why is it programmed to to do backflips?! Maybe this button? No that just plays music!

I assume this is a dynamic bonus thing.

That's real interesting. Enough of that, though.

Instead, try to find an example of a famous speech by one of the Magistars on the Internet. They'd want to keep those around, right? Preferably something from the Altered Wars. Look through multiple speeches, maybe read the most famous one in its entirety. Pay attention to the name of the author.

Oh, and maybe find one of that old Shamshial fellow's speeches. Those ought to be good.

Hmm gonna roll
[6]
Well apparently Martin Luther King jr was a magistar. So was Abraham Lincoln. Huh.

Amp questions now?

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

Sure.

((I was thinking of tinkering, but I wouldn't want to make piecewise explode, so...))

Go try out that giant red thing I bought! With my battlesuit! Somewhere far, far way from the ship and any other useful stuff! Hope that it's some kind of big ass sword or rifle or paralyzing spray or freeze ray and not some sort of giant alien nuke or coffeemaker! Do actions with exclamation marks!

EDIT: About the monorazor, does it have an on-off button?! Is it made from the same grey metal as the MK1s?! Is the monofilament visible?! And does it make an ominous hum when activated?! Because I've written in my character description that it does!
(It has an on off button, is dull gray, the filament is about as visible as a human hair is, it does hum. I assumed you were just looking for secrets.)

Inside the capsule is something odd. It's a long, smoothed, black object, almost like a laser rifle but with the corners smoothed and much larger and longer. It has no visible detail along it's sleek form, other then a giant, partially enclosed grip and trigger at the back and a dial on the side just before the grip. The dial has no writing or numbers or anything; it just has faintly glowing colored sections that it can click between. Red, orange, yellow Green, blue, indigo and Violet.

Thomas stirs a bit and tries to wake up. In his experience, intoxication was unpredictable, so he checks how intoxicated he still is. If he can get up, he does and goes to the VR. If he can't, go back to sleep
To VR you go. You are no longer drunk as a skunk.

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)

"You may have gone slightly demented from several hundred years in stasis"? Might as well be a clean bill of health! Erin loiters around the Infirmary for a while longer, examining and sketching things while trying to keep out of the way of the medical staff, occasionally winding up her headscrew contemplatively, before hailing who she assumes to be the chief medical officer: given the white lab coat, respirator, shiny glasses, and particularly the uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach every time he looks in her general direction, this was clearly a Man Of Science And Authority.

( ) "Ah, excuse me please, Herr Doktor! If you're not too busy, there are a few things I'd like to ask you about..." She says, scooting up to him to present him her notes and drawings. "Since we've got this whole rebellion business going on, I imagine at some point there's going to be a lot of bloody front-line infantry skirmishes, and I've been thinking about the creation of an armored medical vehicle, since it might not always be practical to ferry people back to the ship..."

Consult with The Doctor, and get his take on some potential designs!

( ) I've also been doing some looking into synthetic bodies, and had some ideas for an improved custom model..." Erin says by way of explaination as she flips through a few pages to the second design. "Mostly spitballing based on gadgets I've seen available... Sure, the flesh is weak, like they say, but it's flexible, and I've always thought that a truly superior being should have the amenities of both man and machine, you know?

...My biotechnology's more than a bit rusty, though, so I'm not sure how much of this is practical, or even possible, but I was hoping you could set me straight on some things. And if you have any ideas..."
Trailing off, she pauses for a moment to scratch her head.

( ︿) "Admittedly, I did get a little carried away with the cat motif."

EDIT: Edited with the second half of the post... at 3 am!  :P ((I am so sorry for these gigantic spoilers.))

ok, before we get into any of that, you realize you're gonna have to murder someone to get that stuff right? Probably Lukas. God help you if you have to fight his other friend.

Well, fair bit of stasis dementia there but it's not really a problem! The present is the thing that matters, after all!

You flop, naked and goo covered, out of a stasis pod in the barracks.

Teach jack the controls for the thundertron.

Ask AM how much some sort of kinetic dampener for my exosuit would cost, both technological and chemical variants.
Buy Microwave manipulator.

Now,when you say "Kinetic Dampener" do you mean an automanip or a suit made of bubble wrap?

Micro manip bought.

"Fuck, I think part of my fingertips melted off."
"At least we ain't cooking anymore"
"What's that hissing noise?"
"Best case scenario, poison gas"
"How, again, is that a best case scenario"
"Think, ya dingus. We don't have lungs anymore. Worst case scenario, a fuckton of tnt is going to go off."
"TnT? really?"
"Gotta stick with the classics, man"

Try to make a sphere of force around me to negate incoming force or shrapnel, pray that it's just poison gas, becasue I have no lungs anyway
oh...forgot you were a robot. Hmm. This round is gonna a bit too easy. Lets move on to the next.

A voice comes on. It sounds like it's coming through a speaker, though you can't see any.

"3. 2. 1..."

//recieving encrypted file//

I applaud the extra effort but would you mind putting that in text form so I can copy paste it into my notes rather then transcribe it by hand?

Just like that. Cool. Welcome aboard. You know anything thats going on or need an overview?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23741 on: February 10, 2014, 02:37:12 pm »

((@PW: Thanks for the info.))

((You know what this means right? Dual wielding heavy lasers! Or whatever that thing is. Hopefully, it won't self destruct. Hmmm.... colours.... portal gun? Maybe it has a shield function? Maybe it's something like an oversized Lawgiver! Hope one of the settings is non-lethal.))

I can handle this with the battlesuit, right?

First things first. Equip the thing. Empty my head and focus on it. Does it talk to me or do anything to my mind? You can never be too careful with that alien (or sufficiently advanced human) stuff.

Look inside the barrel of the gun. Can I see anything inside?

In what position is the dial right now? If it's nothing or in some quantum state of not-chosen/null then choose Green.
((May the green of Steve aid me.))

See whether or not you can choose mixtures of adjacent colors or if it can only be one color at a time.
((EDIT: Oh, wait a minute. It goes with the RYB model, right? That's nice. That means the "combinations" are already there, in a way. Wonder why it has two combinations of blue and red...))
EDIT:Does that mean that the color change is gradient or are they distinct colors?

Find an unimportant far away rock (or better yet, rock formation) to shoot at, ask Steve if it's ok to shoot it and if yes, shoot it. Make sure to get into cover and steady myself before firing. Also ask Steve to be on standby with competent medical professionals (or HMRC medics if others can't be spared) in case this thing backfires.

After firing (assuming I'm still alive), check if the state of the dial has changed in any way. Is any color glowing less?

EDIT2: Do NOT use NAV's character as a firing range or for target practice.

((I love experimenting with new stuff!))
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:01:22 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #23742 on: February 10, 2014, 02:55:28 pm »

Exit VR. The Internet has failed me for the last time... well, today, anyway. Dance on out of the ship. It's time to go on real adventures! Until Steve/Mom/Sandy calls me back, if such a thing is likely to happen.

Look around for interesting fauna on the surface.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23743 on: February 10, 2014, 03:11:17 pm »

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:16:26 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #23744 on: February 10, 2014, 03:23:51 pm »

((I'm only up to mission 9, so an update would be surely appreciated. Something about planetary defense?))

Crawl out of stasis. Try not to throw up.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:35:41 pm by Dorsidwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 1581 1582 [1583] 1584 1585 ... 2101