_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1580 1581 [1582] 1583 1584 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931163 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23715 on: February 07, 2014, 06:59:11 am »

Most of your job in there is observation, alright? You need not participate, but I wouldn't mind if you did.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23716 on: February 07, 2014, 11:47:31 am »

"Uh, ma'am, I'm not an engineer, I'm more of a negotiator or public speaker..."

((You can have my designs I posted in the Tinker thread, since Miya isn't staying here anyways.))

To Tavik:

Quote from: Miya to Jack
Heya, I heard you are volunteering for piloting that beetlebot thing. Are you sure about this? I won't lie to you, that thing looks like a deathtrap to me. And are you willing to take responsibility if something goes wrong?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23717 on: February 07, 2014, 11:48:10 am »

Push the buttons! One at a time, preferably. While still and while flying! Should the rocket armchair perish as a result, spawn in another one! Experiment until I have found out the secret abilities of this device!

Lets see. One of them appears to make all the rockets on the rocket bike fire at once. Which is...a thing to do, You guess. Another turns them all off and then reactivates them when it's pressed again. Two others do aileron rolls in different directions, another scatters flares and the last one seems like it would jettison damaged rockets.
((You assume correctly.))

Continue to be in meeting. Continue to be bodyguard. Look imposing.

If everything is quiet and I am inside my battlesuit, familiarise myself with Gilgamesh's computer to gain a dynamic bonus. Ask the AM if she has some tips or a manual or something like that.

If everything is quiet but a battlesuit is a bit too large to be in the briefing room, inspect my mono-razor.

Mono-razor resembles something like this

It's a wire stretched two points on a metal frame with the vibration mechanism in the handle, which resembles a normal knife grip.

"You know, even in virtual reality, getting cooked alive doesn't sound all that fun, you know?"

Kneel down to make myself somewhat smaller, then use microwave amp to cool down a sphere large enough to contain all of my body and maintain a pleasant temperature
[2+2]
You get a pretty bad sunburn, but manage not to get melted at the very least.

The humming stops, replaced instead with a dull sort of hissing noise.

((Figured as much.  Oh well, one of my long-term plans is to make a command & control network that connects everyone's systems, so it won't be a problem forever.

And Toaster, it is very, very useful for an AUX char.  MKIII suits have exoskeletons.  Robobodies have interpreting computers.  Both of those can be overridden and controlled, to recover wounded or to use bodies as meat shields.

And the UWM uses both of those.))

Dynamic AUX bonus: +/-1

Continue charging AUX bonus.  Text Jim, and if he allows me to, set up a wireless connection to his robobody's computers.

Quote from: Text from Steve Saint to Subject 19-3 James Kelly "Jim"
Hey, I'm working on an exoskeleton program that is useful for recovering wounded from the battlefield without risking other personnel.  I have access to an exoskeleton, so that part is simple, but I think I may be able to expand it's functionality to robotic bodies if I had access to their software.  Would you be okay if I set up a wireless connection to your onboard computers, so that I could examine the software's architecture?  I will be as careful as possible to not touch anything.

Also, as a side note, may I ask about your username?  It seems like the type of thing that would have a story behind it.

Charging...
Heat the presumed location of the cockpit if I'm still able to do anything.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
[exo:5+1]
Oh dear. 

Yeah, it goes poorly for you and everything in the room. Game over. Good try though.

Quote from: Auron to miyamoto
Im gonna stick a big honking electrolaser on it, dont worry ill keep it within the budget you gave me.

As for the pilot, knowing hes accountable if he fucks up is pretty obvious, but feel free to wake him if you want confirmation.

replace tanks gauss artillery with a basic tank scaled heavy laser, spend all remaining RU from the 15 budget getting the most powerful tesla coil i can. (weapons should be reactor driven, no batteries but capacitors are fine.))
Gauss replaced by laser and tesla coil added. Make sure to update your info with that stuff.

((PW, I'm going to preemptively say that I am so, so sorry for this. Especially since I've seen what's going on in the Tinker thread already (hopefully that will quiet down during missions).))

My decision is that I want to see how they work. Nothing major, mind.

Okay,
[she turns to the rest of the group] the final thing I would like you to do is come with me. I want to see how you work in an engineering context with a specified goal and restrictions on what you can use to achieve it. Note that it's not representative of what you will be doing here - you'll have a significantly freer hand, but I want to see how each of you works. Namely, the goal will be to kill, or at least, severely damage a Battlesuit, with 3 major restrictions: It must be a conventional weapon, by the Armory's definition, it must be unique - no copies or facsimiles, and you can only use parts from cutting lasers and above, and not the full weapon. While it's an easy solution, simply spawning a heavy gauss rifle doesn't tell me anything. Categories other than Conventional are not affected by the last restriction, use them as you will. [she turns to Milno, Jim, and Miyamoto's projection] Generals, you need not attend this if you do not wish to, I'll have a record of the session. You're only here in case someone you want to stay with you ends up wanting to stay with me, really.

And... Charles, wasn't it? Yes, I'm going to want someone to help deal with the niceties. Especially considering that most of the workforce here were indentured workers, bound by contract with companies and the UWM. If you're volunteering as a spokesman, I'll keep that in consideration. I'd still like you to come and do this little project with the others.

To Virtual Reality, all participants in a single Tinker session, set to record and automatically download the file for later review.

((Everyone involved, this is your cue to move to the Tinker thread. Hopefully, our stuff won't get lost in the horde that's there already. Unless PW wants to further segregate Tinker and Hephaestus stuff, now we have a subforum.))
Tinker is increasingly the rope I gave others with which to hang me.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #23718 on: February 07, 2014, 12:12:02 pm »

"Uh, ma'am, I'm not an engineer, I'm more of a negotiator or public speaker..."

((You can have my designs I posted in the Tinker thread, since Miya isn't staying here anyways.))

To Tavik:

Quote from: Miya to Jack
Heya, I heard you are volunteering for piloting that beetlebot thing. Are you sure about this? I won't lie to you, that thing looks like a deathtrap to me. And are you willing to take responsibility if something goes wrong?

"Much better. Oh hey a new message."

Quote from: Jack>Miya
Yes I know this is a deathtrap. Still going to pilot it though. And yes to the secound question. Now, I need to wake up properly.

Slowly go through the controls for the mech.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 03:44:44 pm by Tavik Toth »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23719 on: February 07, 2014, 12:28:45 pm »

That's real interesting. Enough of that, though.

Instead, try to find an example of a famous speech by one of the Magistars on the Internet. They'd want to keep those around, right? Preferably something from the Altered Wars. Look through multiple speeches, maybe read the most famous one in its entirety. Pay attention to the name of the author.

Oh, and maybe find one of that old Shamshial fellow's speeches. Those ought to be good.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #23720 on: February 07, 2014, 01:14:13 pm »

Amp questions now?

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23721 on: February 07, 2014, 03:40:26 pm »

((I was thinking of tinkering, but I wouldn't want to make piecewise explode, so...))

Go try out that giant red thing I bought! With my battlesuit! Somewhere far, far way from the ship and any other useful stuff! Hope that it's some kind of big ass sword or rifle or paralyzing spray or freeze ray and not some sort of giant alien nuke or coffeemaker! Do actions with exclamation marks!

EDIT: About the monorazor, does it have an on-off button?! Is it made from the same grey metal as the MK1s?! Is the monofilament visible?! And does it make an ominous hum when activated?! Because I've written in my character description that it does!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:34:46 pm by Parisbre56 »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23722 on: February 07, 2014, 09:36:04 pm »

Thomas stirs a bit and tries to wake up. In his experience, intoxication was unpredictable, so he checks how intoxicated he still is. If he can get up, he does and goes to the VR. If he can't, go back to sleep
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:38:20 pm by Spinal_Taper »

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23723 on: February 08, 2014, 03:58:36 am »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)

"You may have gone slightly demented from several hundred years in stasis"? Might as well be a clean bill of health! Erin loiters around the Infirmary for a while longer, examining and sketching things while trying to keep out of the way of the medical staff, occasionally winding up her headscrew contemplatively, before hailing who she assumes to be the chief medical officer: given the white lab coat, respirator, shiny glasses, and particularly the uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach every time he looks in her general direction, this was clearly a Man Of Science And Authority.

( ) "Ah, excuse me please, Herr Doktor! If you're not too busy, there are a few things I'd like to ask you about..." She says, scooting up to him to present him her notes and drawings. "Since we've got this whole rebellion business going on, I imagine at some point there's going to be a lot of bloody front-line infantry skirmishes, and I've been thinking about the creation of an armored medical vehicle, since it might not always be practical to ferry people back to the ship..."

Consult with The Doctor, and get his take on some potential designs!

( ) I've also been doing some looking into synthetic bodies, and had some ideas for an improved custom model..." Erin says by way of explaination as she flips through a few pages to the second design. "Mostly spitballing based on gadgets I've seen available... Sure, the flesh is weak, like they say, but it's flexible, and I've always thought that a truly superior being should have the amenities of both man and machine, you know?

...My biotechnology's more than a bit rusty, though, so I'm not sure how much of this is practical, or even possible, but I was hoping you could set me straight on some things. And if you have any ideas..."
Trailing off, she pauses for a moment to scratch her head.

( ︿) "Admittedly, I did get a little carried away with the cat motif."

EDIT: Edited with the second half of the post... at 3 am!  :P ((I am so sorry for these gigantic spoilers.))
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:33:03 am by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23724 on: February 08, 2014, 05:35:52 am »

((Ok, chalk me up as another "joined the forum because of piecewise" member... although I've been a reader and lurker for years and a DF player for longer than that, but this spurred me into finally creating an account, not sure if this is still the right thread for sign-ups if Piecewise is still taking them but I'll submit the below anyway: comments and criticism are welcome for everyone, especially if they help me tighten up the backstory a bit, I've read all the mission threads up to date and most of the new OOC threads but I'm kind of sleep deprived at the time of writing so it may be complete incoherent blathering))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #23725 on: February 08, 2014, 05:49:57 am »

((Ah speech still the ultimate dump skill... anyway welcome aboard, hopefully you will last more than 15 minutes in the HMRC / ARM))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23726 on: February 08, 2014, 05:53:25 am »

((Ah speech still the ultimate dump skill... anyway welcome aboard, hopefully you will last more than 15 minutes in the HMRC / ARM))

((Thanks, yeah I almost feel a bit guilty about going Grunt to dump Speech given how little it's used rather than just going merc but since I had a mental image of a kind of "Behind enemy lines" operative some of the merc negatives felt a bit wrong...))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23727 on: February 08, 2014, 07:12:52 am »

Teach jack the controls for the thundertron.

Ask AM how much some sort of kinetic dampener for my exosuit would cost, both technological and chemical variants.
Buy Microwave manipulator.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23728 on: February 08, 2014, 11:35:41 am »

"Fuck, I think part of my fingertips melted off."
"At least we ain't cooking anymore"
"What's that hissing noise?"
"Best case scenario, poison gas"
"How, again, is that a best case scenario"
"Think, ya dingus. We don't have lungs anymore. Worst case scenario, a fuckton of tnt is going to go off."
"TnT? really?"
"Gotta stick with the classics, man"

Try to make a sphere of force around me to negate incoming force or shrapnel, pray that it's just poison gas, becasue I have no lungs anyway

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23729 on: February 08, 2014, 12:42:29 pm »

((@ Phoenix: welcome to the crew, we can always use more dead meat cannon fodder.

And don't worry about the speech skill dumping, neither the HMRC nor ARM has ever been big on talking before shooting.
If you want, you can go to the wiki (see link in my sig) and read the new player introduction, if ya want.
Oh, and do you want to join next mission? If yes, assault team ok?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1580 1581 [1582] 1583 1584 ... 2101