_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1576 1577 [1578] 1579 1580 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932136 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23655 on: February 04, 2014, 10:30:38 pm »

((Oh, okay.  I hadn't realized you were already talking.  Checking back, that should have been pretty obvious.  Saint wouldn't have interrupted Jim's conversation, either...  Ah well, I'll just chalk it up to fluid time weirdness.

Feyri's wearing an MKIII, right?))

As Feyri starts to get more agitated, Saint looks up for a few seconds, but quickly goes back to his wristpad lookig thoroughly disinterested.

Quote from: Text from Steve Saint to Subject 19-3 James Kelly 'Jim'
Here's hoping you get texts inside that robot head.

Is the child... actually a child?  Would you like me to remove him from the area?  This looks like it could go bad.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #23656 on: February 04, 2014, 10:50:40 pm »

Simus looks around in the briefing room, looking for who all had decided to attend, and noting a lack of response from The Doctor to her last message, resends it more concise:

Quote from: Simus>The Doctor
This message is to confirm an earlier one's receipt.

Go ahead and get him back together again, but I would like 1 request with it, if you would:

No cybernetics. He can regrow what he's lost, not take the quick way out.

((Just making sure I'm 100% on everyone who's here. With this being rather important, I'd like not to miss anyone if I'm wrong about who all is in the room.))
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:16:46 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23657 on: February 04, 2014, 10:57:20 pm »

Quote from: James Kelly to Steve Saint
Grate? I'm... 75% certain he is a child, albeit a strange one given that he continually revives after death. Anyway, I appreciate the offer, but I don't think Feyri is going to shoot him. Even if she does, he'll still be alive... and I'll do something about her actions.

Jim barely stopped himself from adding '...even if it is Feyri who did it.'
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23658 on: February 04, 2014, 11:03:27 pm »

Quote from: >grate
You can try it first but frankly all I do know is that it requires flesh to function, I highly doubt that is could cause any harm to you
Grate does not respond because he is sad. He's calming down now, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23659 on: February 05, 2014, 12:42:45 am »

After a few moments of silence as he ponders something, Milno moves his prosthetic arm forward slightly, clenching his fingers in a fist. "You know, during the last mission there weren't many problems, but are there effective ways to hide this or would I have to deal with it in a different way?" he questions the AM, opening his hand. Strange as it could be to normal people, he's already used to the piece of tech replacing the arm he had eaten as an armburger after it was turned into mincemeat.

"Guess it's about time I learn how to take care of myself out of the suit." Even out of his suit his reflexes do work better than before he was dragged off to the HMRC, at the very least.

Ask AM about the arm thing.

@piecewise question: Are Strength rolls during hand-to-hand combat replaced for Unconventional ones if someone learns how to fight properly with more than just brute force?

Spoiler: Updated Timeskip Quote (click to show/hide)

After waving the AM good-bye, Milno arrives at the briefing room for the meeting or whatever was announced at the message sent to his wristpad. "Hey, Jim and Robo-lover." he says, nodding first to Jim then to Feyri.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23660 on: February 05, 2014, 12:46:56 am »

Jim nodded to Milno. "Hey. I thought about challenging you to a third spar, but it would be even less fair now than it was the previous two times," he said with a joking smile.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23661 on: February 05, 2014, 12:53:49 am »

"It'd just stop being fun, eh? Been out of sparring partners ever since that last match, but then again things have been pretty busy anyway." he replies, smirk unseen behind the helmet's closed faceplate.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23662 on: February 05, 2014, 12:59:57 am »

Jim nodded. "True. No one really wants to pick a fight with a body like this and I don't blame them. Simus and Faith are the closest matches I have, but I still have two arms over them, and neither of them like to fight anyway. I suppose I could try Miyamoto, when I feel like losing." He shrugged. "Speaking of keeping busy, what have you been doing?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23663 on: February 05, 2014, 01:28:39 am »

get healed already, i don't care if its organic, roboguts or a full conversion. just make it happen.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23664 on: February 05, 2014, 01:31:58 am »

"The usual. Mostly going around searching for stuff that may help me keep kicking around. Can't trust my armor all the time anymore." he answers, patting the shoulderguard of his loyal and long-lived MkIII - so heavily modified by now it's almost a different model. "How 'bout you?"
>Yes?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #23665 on: February 05, 2014, 02:02:07 am »

"no response, might as well wait around"
Quote from: >All
Engineer/pilot/cleaner available, will do work for tokens,something or barter for magic bangle (Grate has already expressed intrest)

send message wait in corner of briefing room,
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23666 on: February 05, 2014, 04:04:16 am »

( ︿) "Don't you think the shock part of the gauntlets are a little pointless since they're punching everything into a fine red mist anyway? It seems like kind of a waste of battery power..."
( ~) "Hmmm... Nah, keep it. The shock function could be useful for targets the user wanted to incapacitate instead of killing, or in hypothetical grappling situations where throwing amp shockwaves around willy-nilly would be too dangerous. Might as well keep the functionality and not need it rather than needing it and not having it."

( _) "We'll have to make our own shells, looks like. They are railgun ammunition, after all, so people haven't exactly been shooting them out of a lot of things that aren't railguns."

Since we don't have the shells, make them! If that's not feasible for whatever reason, use the most powerful non-reactive military grade explosive I can find (Whatever the UMW uses as space-C4), and put an impact fuse in the tip of the round.
-Investigate how practical it would be to just put a compact gauss gun on the back of the gauntlet instead, retaining the rotary ammunition feed.

What are the specs of the synthflesh full body prosthetic? I plan on tinkering with those soon, and don't want to make redundant changes.

Erin looks... uncertainly at May's proposal.
( ~) "I... don't know how to wrestle. So no thanks? Anyway, I'm gonna go hit the Infirmary now; I have some ideas, and there are some people I want to talk to and things I want to look at."

Whatever the results of the latest tests are, save and exit the VR, then head to the Infirmary, swinging by the Armory to request a notebook and something to write with on the way, if possible.
-Get that full checkup. I want to know just how long I've been out and how much they've tampered with me, and make sure all of my faculties are in full working order... and also that I'm not going loopy from stasis side-effects.
-Investigate! What sort of robotic surgery suite or regeneration tank are inmates soldiers of the glorious revolution dumped into to piece them back together when their charred remains are scraped off the surface of blasted alien hellholes with a spatula, here in the future?
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23667 on: February 05, 2014, 11:00:58 am »

Spoiler: @Unholy (click to show/hide)

"Trying to figure out what to do with a situation between Auron and Simus. Already had to ask Miyamoto to get involved. Basically, Auron was building some kind of thing using our resources against orders that all projects had to be approved first, he and Simus argued about it, Steve shocked him, and he tried to shoot her in the back - where it would kill her, although he argues that his aim was off and he only meant to blow her legs off." Jim shook his head. "Anyway, he missed, blew up some volatile substance, caused some damage that resulted in his death and Simus being injured. Simus then decided to put him in a chemical coma before telling anyone else what the situation was, and now Auron is calling for her blood for 'killing' him. Whole thing is a mess."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23668 on: February 05, 2014, 12:04:26 pm »

"okay, we've got experience with guass rounds. We can do this"
"Ten tokens says you fuck up"

RUn sidewways the other way. Send out waves of pulses to knock down the guass rounds and maybe damage the cannons themselves, like the am explained I should have done with the bridge defence. If these waves do not damage the cannons, heat up standard 1 foot sphere on the cannons in between pulse waves

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23669 on: February 05, 2014, 12:55:33 pm »

Milno glances aside and snickers. "Not like it's the first time we had to deal with brain-damaged people, anyway. Steve'll probably keep a tighter leash around anyone who may cause our little revolution trouble so that's something." The young soldier checks his wristpad and continues. "I have to search for more permanent members of the Joker team now and probably train them in case it's needed. Thomas is the only soldier who's sure to join Joker unless he's drunk somewhere or having fun with his albino freak."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 1576 1577 [1578] 1579 1580 ... 2101