_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1575 1576 [1577] 1578 1579 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5822251 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23640 on: February 04, 2014, 08:18:57 pm »

I legitimately tried. Sorry.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23641 on: February 04, 2014, 08:22:21 pm »

(@Syv: I'm not sure if he is or not. I didn't override Simus's orders at the time, but he has since then been messaging Miyamoto, so... it's a Schrodinger's Cat situation until PW says one way or the other. Either they put him back out as soon as I walked away, or they've been too busy to until now or something.

@Tir: Piecewise was making a pun on 'great' sounding like 'grate.' 'It has that same grate(great) taste.' He didn't actually say you licked him, just that he pictured it happening.

@U_P: If you overheard the conversation, then you'd know two things: Simus did not kill or attempt to kill Auron, she put him under, and even had the Doctor there to ensure she didn't kill him. No murder or even intent to murder occurred, so you can drop that complaint. It's not a valid one. The second is that she asked the doc to regrow your old body instead of you getting 'rewarded' with robot parts. The Doc hasn't agreed to that yet, so it's up to him on that one and why he hasn't done either yet.

Finally, you're asking me to punish for intent, not what actually happened. This isn't Minority Report. Yes, she wanted to do bad things to Auron, but she didn't - even if only because they were unfeasible. Meanwhile, Auron's being punished for insubordination (that is, disobeying direct orders from the person in charge by building the tank in the first place when standing orders were to get approval before starting any projects), assault with a deadly weapon (whether you were shooting to kill or are actually telling the truth about shooting to maim, the fact remains that you took a deliberate action to shoot someone else and were looking to take them out of action, temporarily or not), and property damage - all things he actually did. Simus only put Auron under unnecessarily and slightly delayed his recovery process. Comparing the cases, her single offense isn't as bad as any of your three. But you're right. I'll drop the Tinker ban. She actually needs access to Tinker to plan for the defense, and keeping her from it would hurt all of us in the long run.

Long story short, if you didn't want to deal with all the consequences, you never should have taken the shot. I honestly wonder how you would have tried to spin things if Simus hadn't been able to dodge the shot.)

"Yeah, it was. And there have been massive explosions. There was one mission I didn't go on, but I heard about it. A rebellion was holding a dam, and some guy on the team overloaded his microwave manipulator. Blew up the whole dam, killed all the rebels and some of the team. Lousy way to go." Jim shook his head. "As for A.R.M.s, eh. We've only done one, and that was take this planet. It went fairly smoothly. The only difference is this time it wasn't OK if civilians got caught in the crossfire."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 08:24:35 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #23642 on: February 04, 2014, 08:39:23 pm »

((PW has put me between you three and the normal troops. Upwards diagonal to Lars, who himself is above the regular guys. oh, and you'll need to drop the Tinker ban in-character - and that post ninja'd this one with an argument against it.))

All right. Like I said, it is what it is, and my position being shuffled around to put me in charge of Hephaestus makes it a bit murky, to me, at least. Then again - no military background, I was a civilian contractor, not a colonel, or whatever rank I could be attributed.

As to the issue of me 'going vigilante', I have to disagree. From my perspective, at least, it would be an officer's job to handle discipline on their subordinates, though I suppose I went further than I should have, but I don't know enough medicine to have not killed him temporarily no matter what I did, and having The Doctor do it with me in absentia would not send the message I wished. However, if you feel differently on the matter, then you're the general on scene, and I respect your opinion on that - though I have to say, I was unaware you were even out of stasis at the time - if you were in the room, I didn't see you.

As to keeping him off Hephaestus, you needn't do anything. Steve can handle that quite capably, though I will make the one exception for the upcoming defense. Only starting when it is imminent, mind - not from now until the end of it. Staying away from him will not be difficult - he'll be stuck under The Doctor's care for the regrowing of his chest cavity for quite some time, I imagine. And I trust Miyamoto to make an informed decision as to Auron's project - mind, I didn't want it dismantled, simply rearmed more appropriately. And while Auron may not have had the intent to kill, he certainly would have done so - you have video evidence of that in the logs.

As for the punishment of restriction from Tinker, I must object - we have very limited time before any designs we are to use is finalized. At the least, I request the punishment be delayed until after this critical deadline has passed - as to why it should be granted, consider this: Anton has made a rather ingenious design for a pure fusion device, but it is expensive. I could make a device of similar power, also of pure fusion, but at at least a half of the cost - considering it wouldn't involve any kinetic amps at all, compared to the multiple in his design. With such limited resources for our defense, such projects are critical, and while it sounds arrogant, especially to myself, I am probably one of the best engineering minds on this ship.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23643 on: February 04, 2014, 08:43:55 pm »

"I'd like the truth, mister. What happened before? Why the numerous stories of you in absentia?"
"Huh?"
"You lied to me."
Feyri tapped his shoulder with her finger and kneeled to look him at his level.
"Why?"
Grate is confused.
"Wait, what did I lie about?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #23644 on: February 04, 2014, 08:50:33 pm »

(@Tir: Piecewise was making a pun on 'great' sounding like 'grate.' 'It has that same grate(great) taste.' He didn't actually say you licked him, just that he pictured it happening.)
((I'm too old for these jokes you people make. x__x
Yeah.))

"You died-or should I talk to the simulacrum instead? Who are you and what did you do to the real Grate?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23645 on: February 04, 2014, 08:52:17 pm »

(@Tir: No, you're too young for these jokes. :P)

"All right. I'll think of something else to do with you that doesn't compromise our defenses. Anyway, we should probably get to the briefing. We can continue this after that."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 08:54:06 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23646 on: February 04, 2014, 08:53:08 pm »

((Is Simus physically walking up to Jim, or talking to him through radiohead shenanigans?  Assuming the former.))

Saint turns to look at Simus as she approaches, but says nothing.  He starts focusing on his wristpad when she begins speaking, but continues listening.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23647 on: February 04, 2014, 08:56:24 pm »

"You died-or should I talk to the simulacrum instead? Who are you and what did you do to the real Grate?"
"What? I am the real Grate! I dunno what happened!"
Grate is on the verge of crying. Miss Feyri thought he was a fake?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #23648 on: February 04, 2014, 09:04:03 pm »

((Is Simus physically walking up to Jim, or talking to him through radiohead shenanigans?  Assuming the former.))

Saint turns to look at Simus as she approaches, but says nothing.  He starts focusing on his wristpad when she begins speaking, but continues listening.

((She's been next to him this entire time. You've overheard this entire conversation between them and not batted an eye.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23649 on: February 04, 2014, 09:06:52 pm »

Grate sees the headlamp (...yeah. Lacking terminology :I) of Feyri flicker for a bit.

...The Armory Master never lies.

She shows Grate her wristpad.

Spoiler: Logs #296-302 (click to show/hide)

"No surprise, huh? Now hear this."
["Hello there Ma'am, could I ask what happened after the Command Center got captured? Specifically-after all teams were finished with their duties?"]
Hmm
Well, grate went nuts and turned into an angry god that the armory master killed.
people helped repair the ship
they also surveyed the destroyed base
They are currently exploring a flesh beast that is now living in the tunnels of the underground sections of the base.
There's a bit of an argument going on between simus and auron; Flint is waiting for his chance to smash auron to impress simus' non-pants off and jim is trying to police the situation.

Feyri couldn't help but still be hurt by Grate's coming tears.
She wondered if this was a fake despite the shocking realization earlier.
Her gun was angled towards him, but not directly.
"Now I want the truth."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23650 on: February 04, 2014, 09:12:56 pm »

Grate starts crying when he sees Feyri's gun.
"I don't know! I don't understand anymore! Nothing makes sense!"
Sig

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23651 on: February 04, 2014, 09:18:46 pm »

(AFAIK/R, Grate was following Jim, so... wherever Jim turns out to be, I'm going to assume Grate and Feyri are nearby.)

Jim reached over and put a hand on Feyri's gun. "Easy... it's him, and it's not him. I don't understand it either, but the way I was told... after Grate was crushed by the rocks, he appears again after being killed. So... it's not the Grate we first met, but in a similar sense to you and I not being exactly the same people we were when we first came out of stasis."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23652 on: February 04, 2014, 09:25:11 pm »

(Piecewise DID say you and Grate are explicitly in the room..the meeting room I guess? He did. :P)
"I know where I was!" Feyri shouted, not minding that it echoed in the room.

"However I do not like being lied to anymore. Others said Grate came back--nobody knows how it feels from my point to once hear him confirmed gone, and back."
She took care not to aim it at him, but it was technically not packed by her side.
"I've heard details about the use of pills and what have you. By him. Now if someone can please explain why Grate if he really is, Grate, is here-Through the use of said devices, then I'd be happy to hear it.

"Or whoever gave him that pill dispenser."

She pictured Stacy.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23653 on: February 04, 2014, 10:11:41 pm »

Quote from: Dubley > Jack Hansan
Hey Jack. You seem like the type of guy willing to try crazy shit for the greater good. Y'know that biomass horror amp overload thing? I was thinking we could just pour a barrel of maldavian mind rot or roofies or something down it's throat. Get it all piss drunk and easily suggestible. So that the folks down there can just rescue that guy without it noticing or getting angry.
You in?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #23654 on: February 04, 2014, 10:28:16 pm »

Quote from: >grate
You can try it first but frankly all I do know is that it requires flesh to function, I highly doubt that is could cause any harm to you
To the briefing room for simus brief
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 1575 1576 [1577] 1578 1579 ... 2101