_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1562 1563 [1564] 1565 1566 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930699 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23445 on: January 31, 2014, 04:51:56 pm »

((She sedated you through death.))

((That's a good way to put it. If she had planned to leave you until you permadied from lack of support, she wouldn't have brought The Doctor, anyways.

And while the theatrics weren't strictly needed, as The Doctor said, if what I'm doing goes right, Auron won't be in a position to appreciate theatrics again for a very long time. He'll still be useful, though - just not as, how should I put it... impassioned.))

((What an interesting way to say 'impromptu lobotomy'. Or an enslaving computer component in his brain? Options, options...))
((Come on, let us all do our best evil plan laugh together!))
Search the internet for information on the altered. Specifically, theories on how they were able to communicate and/or organize over such long distances. How they were able to coordinate enough for the outbreaks on different worlds happened at the same time?
Also, were there any dramatic or gradual shifts in the way they worked? Their strategy, tactics, movement patterns, weapons (I know they don't have weapons, I mean weaponized biological forms)), ship designs, behavior (especially on planets and civilians), etc.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 05:00:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #23446 on: January 31, 2014, 04:58:43 pm »

(If you were dead, piecewise would have said so. As it is, yeah she's messing with the machines (turn doesn't say, I'm assuming so though), but I have a conditional in my action to stop her from permakilling you and the nurses over with her would probably prevent her from doing that as well. Now calm down.)

((Piecewise did state i was dead, read the survey team post again. And if you allow simus to go through with the bluesmoke enslavement plan Auron permadies anyway because his personality and free will dissapear.))

((For one, dead does not equal permanently dead. Had she wished, Simus would have shot Auron in the head (and promptly been torn apart by Jim).

Auron, however, is useful. The treatment will be just enough to turn his emotions from reckless to mild-mannered. Anyone else remember what Simus said towards the start of her first mission?

If a teammate comes at me, they will be handled only slightly less violently than an enemy.

She might have mellowed out a bit, but the sentiment still holds: Anybody who presents a threat to her will be dealt with.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23447 on: January 31, 2014, 05:02:20 pm »

(If you were dead, piecewise would have said so. As it is, yeah she's messing with the machines (turn doesn't say, I'm assuming so though), but I have a conditional in my action to stop her from permakilling you and the nurses over with her would probably prevent her from doing that as well. Now calm down.)

((Piecewise did state i was dead, read the survey team post again. And if you allow simus to go through with the bluesmoke enslavement plan Auron permadies anyway because his personality and free will dissapear.))

((For one, dead does not equal permanently dead. Had she wished, Simus would have shot Auron in the head (and promptly been torn apart by Jim).

Auron, however, is useful. The treatment will be just enough to turn his emotions from reckless to mild-mannered.))
((Damn, I was considering having Charles speech-rolling him into thinking that those tendencies were symptoms of his repressed love and passion for Simus :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23448 on: January 31, 2014, 05:15:22 pm »

If a teammate comes at me, they will be handled only slightly less violently than an enemy.

She might have mellowed out a bit, but the sentiment still holds: Anybody who presents a threat to her will be dealt with.))
((That is the exact logic behind why Auron shot you, you electronically assaulted him so he attempted to shoot you in the legs instead of your face.

He may have fucked his aim but i can easily blame that on the electrocution.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #23449 on: January 31, 2014, 05:21:59 pm »

((That is the exact logic behind why Auron shot you, you electronically assaulted him so he attempted to shoot you in the legs instead of your face.

((Except she didn't, she asked Steve to tell you that yes, she is your commander, and left the option of electrocution up to him.

And good luck with passing a deliberate aim off on the electrocution - that's not how electrocution works. As soon as the current stops, the effects (that is, in this case, the neuromuscular disruption) stop, and even if they didn't, their continuation would've made it impossible for Auron to even raise his arm to aim.))
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 05:27:23 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23450 on: January 31, 2014, 05:34:26 pm »

((Except she didn't, she asked Steve to tell you that yes, she is your commander, and left the option of electrocution up to him.

And good luck with passing a deliberate aim off on the electrocution - that's not how electrocution works. As soon as the current stops, the effects (that is, in this case, the neuromuscular disruption) stop, and even if they didn't, their continuation would've made it impossible for you to even raise your arm to aim.))
((Electrocution is extremely painful, extreme pain causes an adrenaline surge, adrenaline causes your body to shake and  exaggerate your movements slightly, the difference between aiming (whilst prone) at your waist and thighs as opposed to aiming at your chest is only 10-20 degrees.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23451 on: January 31, 2014, 05:46:51 pm »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #23452 on: January 31, 2014, 05:51:24 pm »

"Hmmm"
put bracelet on wrist
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23453 on: January 31, 2014, 06:00:50 pm »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)
+5x10^9685525883689535745867
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23454 on: January 31, 2014, 06:03:08 pm »

"Hmmm"
put bracelet on wrist
((Could you go outside first?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23455 on: January 31, 2014, 06:44:25 pm »

"Hmmm"
put bracelet on wrist
((Prediction: The bracelet is will transform you into whatever the bracelet was made to fit.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23456 on: January 31, 2014, 06:48:05 pm »

((Hilarity ensues.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23457 on: January 31, 2014, 06:48:24 pm »

"Dude"
"Yeah?"
"Lasers"
"I know"
"She never explained how to beat lasers with amps"
"I know"
"Clever girl"

Send out a strong pulse, like the AM explained, with the aim of breaking the mechanical arms the lasers are on.

If this fails and I end up dying a horrible virtual death, message the AM for advice on how to beat lasers

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23458 on: January 31, 2014, 06:57:34 pm »

"Dude"
"Yeah?"
"Lasers"
"I know"
"She never explained how to beat lasers with amps"
"I know"
"Clever girl"

Send out a strong pulse, like the AM explained, with the aim of breaking the mechanical arms the lasers are on.

If this fails and I end up dying a horrible virtual death, message the AM for advice on how to beat lasers

((Take cover! Unless they are magic phase lasers.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23459 on: January 31, 2014, 11:40:11 pm »

((Congratulations you are too late. As you just witnessed simus murder auron in cold blood after discovering that Auron had tried to murder Simus (assuming you can trust Steve's version of events), i suggest you save him from her and the doctor if you want anyone Auron to take jim seriously ever again.))
((FTFY))

-snip-
((All things considered...
You have yourself made the defense that trying to murder people is not wrong. After all, Xantalos killed the fishguy and no one cared, and all he wanted was power. Simus is trying for justice. And she'll bring you right back.

You should be glad you angered Simus and not the Doc.))

((Electrocution is extremely painful, extreme pain causes an adrenaline surge, adrenaline causes your body to shake and  exaggerate your movements slightly, the difference between aiming (whilst prone) at your waist and thighs as opposed to aiming at your chest is only 10-20 degrees.))
(("He claims he was only trying to wound, sir!"
"Accounted for. This is the HMRC. If it wasn't a headshot, it's a wound."
"Also, um, we are kinda needing to believe his statement..."

And what was Auron's line of thought? "Simus told Steve to shock me after I flouted her orders! I'll shoot Simus, that's not something Steve would shock me for!" Seriously, if you survived Steve probably would have administered more shockies.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1562 1563 [1564] 1565 1566 ... 2101