_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1552 1553 [1554] 1555 1556 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934722 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23295 on: January 28, 2014, 02:34:14 pm »

((Let's try something silly...))
Go find the Doctor or if I can't find him, send him a message. Ask the Doc if he can make me a horse. ((Note: By "make me a horse" I mean make some sort of flesh abomination for me. Not turn me into a fleshy abomination. And definitely not turn me into a pony.))
Specifically:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((I don't really need this since I got a mobility battlesuit, just doing this for fun. Perhaps after I train it, I could donate it to someone using the melee or the heavy weapons kind of battlesuit. It was one of the things I wanted the Doctor to build me since the first mission and I want to see if it was ever possible.

I guess I could ask Xan to do it, but I'd prefer not to.))

((CRAP ON A POGO STICK.
I wanted him to make my "angel" into a ammo generator :(
Basic idea started when I thought about how "angels" tended to be armed with flaming swords, so I imagined it would have some organ that produced gasoline or somesuch from food to spread on the blade and ignite.
THEN I thought, why not expand on that idea and include things like gauss generators and such so it could effectively become a walking reload station.
GARGLE YOU STOLE MY THOUGHTS!))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23296 on: January 28, 2014, 02:39:41 pm »

((Let's try something silly...))
Go find the Doctor or if I can't find him, send him a message. Ask the Doc if he can make me a horse. ((Note: By "make me a horse" I mean make some sort of flesh abomination for me. Not turn me into a fleshy abomination. And definitely not turn me into a pony.))
Specifically:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((I don't really need this since I got a mobility battlesuit, just doing this for fun. Perhaps after I train it, I could donate it to someone using the melee or the heavy weapons kind of battlesuit. It was one of the things I wanted the Doctor to build me since the first mission and I want to see if it was ever possible.

I guess I could ask Xan to do it, but I'd prefer not to.))

((CRAP ON A POGO STICK.
I wanted him to make my "angel" into a ammo generator :(
Basic idea started when I thought about how "angels" tended to be armed with flaming swords, so I imagined it would have some organ that produced gasoline or somesuch from food to spread on the blade and ignite.
THEN I thought, why not expand on that idea and include things like gauss generators and such so it could effectively become a walking reload station.
GARGLE YOU STOLE MY THOUGHTS!))
((Didn't you invent stealing thoughts?

Also, a mechanical horse would be superior. Heavier on the maintenance, but superior.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23297 on: January 28, 2014, 02:58:25 pm »

((Yeah, I know. But you have to think about the... Hmm... I don't know what the right word is.
Anyway, I need a fleshy horse because a cowboy-lone ranger guy should have a horse that is also his best friend, like Lucky Luke and Jolly Jumper or Bravestarr and Thirty Thirty. And it's harder to get friendly with a robotic animal. Fleshy animals are easier to understand and manage. Not to mention build and maintain. The horse should be like a dog.
And maintenance is a concern. If it is wounded in battle, it is easier to have your horse eat some of the enemy troops to regenerate then find some tech and the necessary spare parts. And there's nothing preventing me from making it a cyber horse. In fact, a cyber horse is what I have asked for.))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:02:40 pm by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23298 on: January 28, 2014, 03:03:42 pm »

((While a mechanical one would be far superior for fabrication purposes id say a biological horse with redundant organs, hypergolic fluid glands, a mithril carapace (possibly pill machine induced), enhanced brain functions and increased cellular regeneration would be far better as a whole.

Its not like you cant surgically implant a titanium encased generator in its body then mount energy weapon turrets on its shoulders.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23299 on: January 28, 2014, 03:16:08 pm »

((While a mechanical one would be far superior for fabrication purposes id say a biological horse with redundant organs, hypergolic fluid glands, a mithril carapace (possibly pill machine induced), enhanced brain functions and increased cellular regeneration would be far better as a whole.

Its not like you cant surgically implant a titanium encased generator in its body then mount energy weapon turrets on its shoulders.))
((It'll have more trouble controlling the turrets though. And combining an organic creature with complicated machinery gives you a double helping of both the advantages and the drawbacks. It would require both food and maintenance to function, if injured it would require both healing and repair, etc. If you're using a biological creature as nothing but an equipment frame, you could just use a fully robotic one with an organic brain (see: Artee) and skip half the hassle. A robotic unit cannot be "injured" - it suffers damage. It won't feel pain, it won't burn up, it won't succumb to hostile bioweapons or something as trivial as being accidentally cannibalized by another of its kind. You pay for those things with having to manually repair it, and with the absence of the questionable enjoyment of having a living, breathing embodiment of death and nightmares as your personal battle mount, but Anton would find robots to just be much more practical.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23300 on: January 28, 2014, 03:39:01 pm »

((I dunno, a pill enhanced exoskeleton seems pretty condusive to not burning up and not getting cannibalized. Also the turrets would not be hard to use as they could be operated via AI like my hardmounts and those gunner bots.

And why would it need healing? if you get it from the doc its gonna be able to have trauma partition membranes, redundant organs, increased regen, genehacked pain receptors and all sorts of other genetic modifications that make it pretty much immune to all but heavy weapons and explosives.
All you would need to do is repair the mechanical components once in a while... can sharkmist be used to make self repairing equipment?

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #23301 on: January 28, 2014, 03:43:44 pm »

can sharkmist be used to make self repairing equipment?
((NANOBOTS DON'T WORK THAT WAY. STOPPIT, WE DISCUSSED THIS, GWG *JUST* ASKED FOR THE LINK TO THE EXPLAINS!))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23302 on: January 28, 2014, 03:47:54 pm »

((Plus, sharkmist is just a very creative bacteria. Being able to form protocrystalline growths and self-replicate does not qualify it for repair work more complex than patching superficial holes in armor plate. Even then, temporary, as the constructs it makes are not particularly sturdy.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23303 on: January 28, 2014, 03:54:18 pm »

((Iwasnt expecting it to make turrets or anything,  just stuff like sword blades and armor or structural components.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23304 on: January 28, 2014, 03:56:09 pm »

Muck around in a VR combat training sim.
((Its fightin time))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23305 on: January 28, 2014, 05:08:02 pm »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)

Deep within the haze of a stasis pod, a pair of robotic eyes flicker to life. Even if had seemed like only an instant, it had been far too long. But where would she emerge? A museum? Some secret government lab? Buried in a radioactive crater in a post-apocalyptic wasteland? Time to find out.

Once feeling returns to her limbs and the door to the stasis chamber hisses open, Erin practically leaps to the edge amid a manic cackle.
( ) "Hellooooooo, Future!" Quickly, she snaps her left arm into place, twisting and flexing it a bit to make sure everything's in full working order. She didn't hear any guns being pointed at her yet- definitely an auspicious sign!
( ) "Suck it, HR-whateverthefucks. Now--" Her smug smirk drops instantly, replaced by an expression of bemusement, and she unconsciously reaches up to crank at the screw in her head, producing a soft ratcheting sound, as she looks around the chamber.

Some kind of... barracks, fitted with stasis cells? More importantly, this wasn't her pod. Had she been tampered with? Just how long had she been out, anyway?
( _) "...Where the bright blue Hell am I?" She demands of nobody in particular.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:19:03 am by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23306 on: January 28, 2014, 05:13:06 pm »

And with another new addition to the team, the de facto Greeter makes her way to the statis area. Upon arrival, May comes across some lady naked and gooey from her second exiting of a womb-chamber.
"Hi! Welcome to A.R.M!"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23307 on: January 28, 2014, 05:26:58 pm »

Noticing May rush off to greet a new arrival, Denzel just sighs, having just finished his work. "Always more of us, aren't there? Oh well, more bodies for the crew. Maybe this one will actually know how to fight, too."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23308 on: January 28, 2014, 05:28:03 pm »

Quote from: Pancaek -> AM
I see, I'll just have to hope to get some competent teammates when the UWM comes.

Another question, if you would indulge me. During the VR training, you told chin and me that a 1 foot sphere, heated up about 100-150 degrees takes the least amount of effort with the microwave amp. Does the MMA also have someting like this, a 'stadard' setting if you will?

Love and Huggles, Pancaek

Send to AM, recieve wisdom

"Oi, wake up"
"What?"
"You've just been standing in this hallway. Not moving. I think that whole internal messaging thing you robot people do might freak some people out. Also, May just passed, beware."

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23309 on: January 28, 2014, 05:42:14 pm »

Erin stares briefly at the welcoming committee before responding, looking her up and down, hand paused mid-turn.
...Well, whoever this bimbo was, she supposed, and whatever it was she was on about couldn't be all bad...

( ︿) "Welcome to the Who-What now?" She replies somewhat groggily, as she starts wringing her hair back out into the tank.

Spoiler:  OOC Edit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 05:48:41 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.
Pages: 1 ... 1552 1553 [1554] 1555 1556 ... 2101