_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934104 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23250 on: January 27, 2014, 06:01:53 pm »

((If any game needs an OOC thread right now, it's probably ER. The chatter is incredibly distracting, to say the least. Not to mention that it makes thread navigation quite difficult.))

No, no, no. I do not give two slices of piping hot excrement about the complaints of the populace! I care about celebrities, unusual happenings among high society, fun bits of history! The sort of thing that news is made for! Obtain more of that wonderfully entertaining, informative journalism in the vein of the Shamshial story!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:15:01 pm by Harry Baldman »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23251 on: January 27, 2014, 06:11:29 pm »

"Thank you for your time."

With that, Steve wanders out of the infirmary and into the research area.  Then he follows Dubley (NAV's char), while typing a message to Miyamoto.

Quote from: Steve Saint to Miyamoto De Bergerac
Hello.  My name is Steve Saint.  I'm a new recruit, although to what I've been recruited, I have no idea.

You are the pilot of an Avatar of War, correct?  I've been told that you would be the person to ask for information, especially information about a 'coming conflict' that will be happening soon.

Can you explain the situation to me?

((Just FYI, NAV, Mesk bought a small red triangle w/ diagonal line, and ended up with the artifact that made the HEP possible.  So that's probably a good combination to get.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23252 on: January 27, 2014, 06:27:09 pm »

((HEP?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23254 on: January 27, 2014, 07:33:05 pm »

((I vote for a sub-forum for ER so that we can have a OOC thread, because it really derails everything. I mean, how much faster could we do things without philosophical discussions about religion, technological advancements and the like? I +1 this. Alot.))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23255 on: January 27, 2014, 07:36:55 pm »

((I vote for a sub-forum for ER so that we can have a OOC thread, because it really derails everything. I mean, how much faster could we do things without philosophical discussions about religion, technological advancements and the like? I +1 this. Alot.))
((+1 to OOC thread, indeed. It's incredibly distracting when reading the thread. For PW's posts and other player's actions.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23256 on: January 27, 2014, 07:39:39 pm »

((Yes.))
Sig! Onol

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #23257 on: January 27, 2014, 07:40:54 pm »

((Also, how is a 30 man force going to take down an invasion fleet equipped with OtG bombing systems and a field army of infantry? Or do we have access to the population of Hephaestus and their resources?))

((Say hello to Hephaestus' Neo-Magistrate (at least until the war is over): Simulacrus Aurea-Inanis, my own character. We've got the population, the resources, and all of the factory equipment. We'll be making infantry of our own, plus some other special surprises for the fleet and associated groundpounders.

Helps they likely won't engage in Ortillery operations, though - 1, they think this is a worker revolt (until we reveal ourselves, that is). 2, they'll want this planet intact. 3, our laser batteries will slag anything they try tossing at us, and possibly the ships themselves if they stray too close.

Also, OOC thread would be a good idea, but for one potential snarl: OOC from one thread being cut across by OOC from another, and the other cutting across the last one yet again. Just a potential illiteracy issue, since there's usually multiple conversations on in different threads and combining them could excaberate that.

Also, this thread was once the OOC thread as well as the On-Ship thread. We're a growing monster, worse than Xan. Especially since we'll probably have a dedicated engineering thread soon enough.))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 07:42:51 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23258 on: January 27, 2014, 07:42:07 pm »

((Also, how is a 30 man force going to take down an invasion fleet equipped with OtG bombing systems and a field army of infantry? Or do we have access to the population of Hephaestus and their resources?))

((Say hello to Hephaestus' Neo-Magistrate (at least until the war is over): Simulacrus Aurea-Inanis, my own character. We've got the population, the resources, and all of the factory equipment. We'll be making infantry of our own, plus some other special surprises for the fleet and associated groundpounders.

Helps they likely won't engage in Ortillery operations, though - 1, they think this is a worker revolt (until we reveal ourselves, that is). 2, they'll want this planet intact. 3, our laser batteries will slag anything they try tossing at us, and the ships themselves if they stray too close.

Also, OOC thread would be a good idea, but for one potential snarl: OOC from one thread being cut across by OOC from another, and the other cutting across the last one yet again. Just a potential illiteracy issue, since there's usually multiple conversations on in different threads and combining them could excaberate that.

Also, this thread was once the OOC thread as well as the On-Ship thread. We're a growing monster, worse than Xan. Especially since we'll probably have a dedicated engineering thread soon enough.))
((You'll look back at this after a while and laugh.))
Sig! Onol

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23259 on: January 27, 2014, 07:49:53 pm »

((Well, if we have a sub forum, we can just make an OOC thread for each current thread. Like my grandma always said, the more threads you have, the warmer the sweater. Or something like that.))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23260 on: January 27, 2014, 07:51:33 pm »

((Well, if we have a sub forum, we can just make an OOC thread for each current thread. Like my grandma always said, the more threads you have, the warmer the sweater. Or something like that.))

((...Good gods. We're all gonna cook in this thing.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23261 on: January 27, 2014, 07:53:32 pm »

(...I would honestly be in favor of an ER subforum. Everything could be neatly divided: a general on-ship thread, a general on-Hephaestus thread, a thread for each mission, a thread for character sheets so they're all easy to keep up with... even as disorganized as I am personally, I love organization done well. And PW clearly is a machine or something so he can keep up with it all. :P)

Jim checks his communicator for any messages he might have missed. If there are any, he reads them. If not or after he does, he goes to the barracks and lies down on a random bunk.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23262 on: January 27, 2014, 09:03:33 pm »

((...I'm not sure if we should message Toady to do this or not.
We))
Sig! Onol

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23263 on: January 27, 2014, 09:06:36 pm »

((...I'm not sure if we should message Toady to do this or not.
We))
((You should message him probably. If you don't I might. Or maybe GWG should? We should gather some arguments first, though.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23264 on: January 27, 2014, 09:08:38 pm »

((...
We need more threads.
Or something.))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 ... 2101