_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1544 1545 [1546] 1547 1548 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934158 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23175 on: January 25, 2014, 08:29:07 pm »

((...I count as a veteran, right? Right?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #23176 on: January 25, 2014, 08:30:38 pm »

((Yay! We may have more veterans back in time for the defense!))
. . .
((..Is it that bad?! o_o
Radio Controlled, why didn't you advertise it harder?! Dx Ok, reading the other threads x__x bluh.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23177 on: January 25, 2014, 08:33:56 pm »

((Poking at it in the nicest way: Yes, it is pride in the way of your posting.
((I never said otherwise.))

The example at hand speaks of taking things literally-and the matter at hand being what is in the Bible. Most things, are not to be taken literally--they were written at a timeframe where the people would understand the metaphors, yet by time passing the line between us understanding the written text; given how it is transcribed and translated as-is, is blurred by how the ancients understood it. A line that is hard to understand without prior research.
((So, you're saying that the stuff the Bible says isn't literally what it means? Better than most Christians, but it does bring up a point.
Isn't this book the basis of Christian religion? Hence, wouldn't the basis of such a religion in modern times be based on interpretation? And wouldn't whatever principles you followed from it be one that you assume is correctly the word of God?
Who's prideful now?))

Do not impute what you-or as a general matter, the populace of today sees in a book, and takes for granted-or in the least at hand, as determined fact-towards the time it was written and the people who wrote it.
((I'm not. I'm just saying that, as written, God is a jerk and anyone who claims otherwise has no right to use Biblical quotes to defend any point. Less so than normal, I mean.))

For posterity: I have, and have never intended, to target anyone in particular--just the aspect of the person that is showing instead of the person. I also have not said anyone is an idiot-though the term may have gone into misunderstanding to how its usage stems. Do not take it personally, and I advise to take a moment and calm down before continuing this. Apologies if certain areas were hurt, but none of that was ever in my motive or intent.))
Unless you'd want me to counter-point your...oh, ignorance on the matter. Given your brevity and lack of intellectual discussion.
((I see. Not insulting at all.))

((Rerailing, Radio Controlled contacted me and two others about joining the game back--I've been browsing through the..literally hundreds of pages to catch up. x__x That's a lot of chat, dudes. Anywhoo, still watching with interest! :D))
((Glad to have you back.))

((Yay! We may have more veterans back in time for the defense!))
. . .
((..Is it that bad?! o_o
((We don't know, but Grate briefly turned into a living amp overload, Auron (Anton?) is making a giant robot from spaceship bits against the orders of Simus and Anton (Auron?), and we're going to be fighting off the UWM in about a year.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23178 on: January 25, 2014, 08:42:46 pm »

((Yeah, we need shepards for our herd.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23179 on: January 25, 2014, 08:47:10 pm »

((PMs, GWG! :P
You don't have to poke back at it publicly D: Unless..you need to somehow?))

((Yeah, we need shepards for our herd.))
((I just need to wonder where exactly to post. Got lost a while back.
Edit: Noneed, I'll handle it! x__x))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23180 on: January 25, 2014, 08:59:02 pm »

((Another of those little quirks I'm always a tiny bit surprised when people forget about, given how often I'm called out for pulling arguments from PMs into the thread.
...Not that often, actually, but still.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23181 on: January 25, 2014, 09:54:17 pm »

((How do I officially join the defense force? Messaging RC got me nowhere.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #23182 on: January 25, 2014, 10:14:33 pm »

((You just say which team you want to be on and whether you want to be part of the boarding squad if you survive, in the combat thread. It doesn't need to be IC.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23183 on: January 25, 2014, 10:24:23 pm »

((Another of those little quirks I'm always a tiny bit surprised when people forget about, given how often I'm called out for pulling arguments from PMs into the thread.
((Id have called you out in the survey thread but frankly you arent worth it, id rather let the original argument die then call you out publicly for pulling it back and piss everyone off by starting another.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23184 on: January 25, 2014, 10:28:17 pm »

((Id have called you out in the survey thread but frankly you arent worth it, id rather let the original argument die then call you out publicly for pulling it back and piss everyone off by starting another.))
((Oh lord here we go again.))
Sig! Onol

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23185 on: January 25, 2014, 10:31:03 pm »

((...Not sure if serious.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23186 on: January 25, 2014, 10:38:39 pm »

((Yay, Tiruin's back!  Will Serious be coming back too?  FeyrixJim is a pretty good plot. 

Saint, my character, is really RP-heavy.  Plus Feyri's the polar opposite of Saint--a manipulative sociopathic fleshtech--so that's practically guaranteed to be fun.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23187 on: January 25, 2014, 10:39:04 pm »

((I also have a tendency to poke beehives with poor wording, that not an insult to GWG as i feel noone is worth it.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23188 on: January 25, 2014, 10:40:35 pm »

((Yay, Tiruin's back!  Will Serious be coming back too?  FeyrixJim is a pretty good plot. 

Saint, my character, is really RP-heavy.  Plus Feyri's the polar opposite of Saint--a manipulative sociopathic fleshtech--so that's practically guaranteed to be fun.))
((Oh, his meeting with Xan's going to be interesting.))
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23189 on: January 25, 2014, 10:55:36 pm »

o__o
((I'd say you're thinking of Faith-IronyOwl's char, but that doesn't describe her...in my viwpoint. Though if it really is Feyru you're talking about then I am really intrigued to why you say so. :3
Where is that combat thread? >_>))

((I also have a tendency to poke beehives with poor wording, that not an insult to GWG as i feel noone is worth it.))
((I be drawin' ye line here! No fighting guys, we loves yous both! :x))
Pages: 1 ... 1544 1545 [1546] 1547 1548 ... 2101