_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1536 1537 [1538] 1539 1540 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935936 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23055 on: January 20, 2014, 12:45:22 pm »

Carry Thomas to the Clinic.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23056 on: January 20, 2014, 01:49:47 pm »

((Minor bit of retconjuration:  let's just say that back when Saint was messing around with his wristpad, he found a spacechess game.  He liked spacechess as a kid, and started an open server on the wristpad network.  So if you want to play IC, just look at your wristpad and open the spacechess game.  Piecewise, are you fine wih this?

Also, are you sure about the infirmary and research labs being on different sides of the ship?  The map I downloaded, from you, shows the infirmary being centrally located with the entrance at the bottom, facing the docking bay.  The research labs are in the lower left corner, just down the hallway from the entrance to the infirmary.))

Anyways, turn:
If the Doctor seems to be busy, just look around the infirmary.  What wounds do the patients have?  How busy/damaged/organized/supplied is the place?

Otherwise, if the Doctor seems idle, walk up to him smiling and offer to shake his hand.

"Hello, I'm new here, so I'm looking around and meeting people.  My name's Steve Saint, what's yours?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23057 on: January 20, 2014, 02:27:03 pm »

Upon arriving back in the ship, Brother Lars approaches Steve, throwing himself on the floor before him.  "O Most Glorious Leader, Ruler of All the Cosmos, I have completed the task as assigned.  I thank you for your divine providence, and humbly request what you will next have me do!"

Report in.  Shout praises.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23058 on: January 20, 2014, 04:42:43 pm »

See if I can get up. Proceed to lunge at pie eating moron. Then get him to take me to the clinic.
((Ouch. How the hell can someone rupture their stomach? On the topside, I should be vomiting like crazy now.))
((EDITED cause circumstances changed, yo.))
Swear loudly. Aim incoming vomit at the idiots face.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 04:49:49 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23059 on: January 20, 2014, 04:45:41 pm »

"See?! Do you see what such gluttony causes?! You reap what you sow, my friend."

>Loudly berate fail-vomit-man whilst dragging his ass to the infirmary.

>Cheerfully great any familiar faces.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #23060 on: January 20, 2014, 07:21:16 pm »

"Understood, although any scrap would be appreciated, also any new orders?"
say above, bow slightly then leave, follow any orders
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23061 on: January 21, 2014, 04:01:58 am »

((I feel like the butt monkey of ER at the moment. Lovely.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #23062 on: January 21, 2014, 06:09:37 am »

((Nah, not even close. To read out the entry for Butt Monkey from our TVTropes page: Jim. A clone who was obsolete almost as soon as he was made and so was given to the HMRC with the others of his kind. In the first mission he was the first to die when he lost his lower body, and his remains were shot in the heart by Ivan as well as used as a skateboard by Feyri. In the third mission he was the first infected by an alien life form that caused him to see walking corpses and attempt to kill teammates. He also got shut down, reactivated, and lost his right arm and head during the rest of the mission.

And that's only two missions (this being before he became badass).))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23063 on: January 21, 2014, 06:13:53 am »

((Yeah, don't be silly. You know who the real butt monkey of ER is, though? Everyone without at least 5 missions and a very good decompensator.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23064 on: January 21, 2014, 08:00:26 am »

((Of course. You are:
1. not finding anything useful to do and hence resorting to silly actions
2. a newbie
3. coming in at the tail end of a rather serious mission...mission-and-a-half? *whistles innocently*))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23065 on: January 21, 2014, 10:17:34 am »

"Never thought amp users needed to stretch their abilities now and then." Milno remarks before asking a question. "Remember you told me there was someone you miss who died during a mission? Back then you were very busy. Think you can tell me that story now?"

Talk to the AM.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23066 on: January 21, 2014, 10:43:58 am »

Quote from: Pancaek->AM
Most revered Armory master,

I am sending you this mail to once again express my admiration of your prowess with all things amp related. The way you handled the overloaded grate was truly inspiring, and yet at the same time showed my that I have much to learn if I ever want to have even a fraction of your power. Last time I send you a request, your wristpad was switched off, so I am not sure if it went trough. Regardless, I hereby once again request to become your apprentice and learn your ways. Seeing as our time on this planet will be spent building defences and I am not trained for these things, I believe I will have plenty of time to prepare for the inevitable UWM counterassault, and this preperation will have a much higher output when being guided by one such as yourself.

Love and huggles,
Admiration and high expectations,

Pancaek

Leave medbay, send message to AM. If positive reply, go to armory. If negative reply, go huddle up in a corner and produce a constant, low buzzing noise

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23067 on: January 21, 2014, 02:00:03 pm »

Fantastic! Time to warm up that VR again. Enter it! Start VR! Yeah!

Then open up Tinker. Spawn an automated field manipulator. Examine it from the outside, don't mess with anything further.

It basically just looks like a metal box with some wires coming out of it. Then again, I'm not really sure what you expected it to look like. They don't look like statues of space gods or something, if thats what you were wondering.

Carry Thomas to the Clinic.
You carry thomas to the clinic for yet another detox. Oh thomas, your self destructive substance abuse issues are so adorable.

((Minor bit of retconjuration:  let's just say that back when Saint was messing around with his wristpad, he found a spacechess game.  He liked spacechess as a kid, and started an open server on the wristpad network.  So if you want to play IC, just look at your wristpad and open the spacechess game.  Piecewise, are you fine wih this?

Also, are you sure about the infirmary and research labs being on different sides of the ship?  The map I downloaded, from you, shows the infirmary being centrally located with the entrance at the bottom, facing the docking bay.  The research labs are in the lower left corner, just down the hallway from the entrance to the infirmary.))

Anyways, turn:
If the Doctor seems to be busy, just look around the infirmary.  What wounds do the patients have?  How busy/damaged/organized/supplied is the place?

Otherwise, if the Doctor seems idle, walk up to him smiling and offer to shake his hand.

"Hello, I'm new here, so I'm looking around and meeting people.  My name's Steve Saint, what's yours?"

"My name is of no consequence.  What is it that you need?"

He doesn't shake your hand.

Upon arriving back in the ship, Brother Lars approaches Steve, throwing himself on the floor before him.  "O Most Glorious Leader, Ruler of All the Cosmos, I have completed the task as assigned.  I thank you for your divine providence, and humbly request what you will next have me do!"

Report in.  Shout praises.

>Miyamoto appears to be arranging thing for the coming battle. Talk to him. If he doesn't need you, then do as you like.

See if I can get up. Proceed to lunge at pie eating moron. Then get him to take me to the clinic.
((Ouch. How the hell can someone rupture their stomach? On the topside, I should be vomiting like crazy now.))
((EDITED cause circumstances changed, yo.))
Swear loudly. Aim incoming vomit at the idiots face.

I'm afraid you're vomiting into your own chest cavity at this point. And you ruptured your stomach via eating a massive amount of food and then trying to fire it out as a projectile. And your body (end) couldn't take the strain.

[End:3]
You manage the swear loudly part, between bouts of pain and dry heaving.

"See?! Do you see what such gluttony causes?! You reap what you sow, my friend."

>Loudly berate fail-vomit-man whilst dragging his ass to the infirmary.

>Cheerfully great any familiar faces.
You drag the screaming man to the infirmary, tipping your invisible hat to anyone who looks familiar on the way.  Lots a robots around here...

"Understood, although any scrap would be appreciated, also any new orders?"
say above, bow slightly then leave, follow any orders
This man will do anything you order him to do.

Anything.

Yes, even that.

Newbies who act silly sorta end up that way.  Sooner or later you were gonna get a bad roll.  Once you actually get stuff to do and participate, then things will get better for ya. Miyamoto went from faceless no one to Avatar of war Pilot in like 3-4 missions.

"Never thought amp users needed to stretch their abilities now and then." Milno remarks before asking a question. "Remember you told me there was someone you miss who died during a mission? Back then you were very busy. Think you can tell me that story now?"

Talk to the AM.
"I suppose, but there are aspects I can't get into. Secrecy and such." She says, putting her book down. "If you're fine with that, I don't mind telling you."

Quote from: Pancaek->AM
Most revered Armory master,

I am sending you this mail to once again express my admiration of your prowess with all things amp related. The way you handled the overloaded grate was truly inspiring, and yet at the same time showed my that I have much to learn if I ever want to have even a fraction of your power. Last time I send you a request, your wristpad was switched off, so I am not sure if it went trough. Regardless, I hereby once again request to become your apprentice and learn your ways. Seeing as our time on this planet will be spent building defences and I am not trained for these things, I believe I will have plenty of time to prepare for the inevitable UWM counterassault, and this preperation will have a much higher output when being guided by one such as yourself.

Love and huggles,
Admiration and high expectations,

Pancaek

Leave medbay, send message to AM. If positive reply, go to armory. If negative reply, go huddle up in a corner and produce a constant, low buzzing noise

Willpower cannot be taught. All I can is guidelines for its use.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23068 on: January 21, 2014, 02:12:11 pm »

How large is the automated manipulator? Do sizes vary between different types?

How large was a regular manipulator, by the way? Do their sizes tend to vary?

Also, check if I can access the Internet from here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23069 on: January 21, 2014, 02:42:47 pm »

Lars bows deeply again.  "Thank you, your glorious awesomeness.  I aim to appease you in every way!"

Brother Lars leaves to find Miyamoto.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1536 1537 [1538] 1539 1540 ... 2101