_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1516 1517 [1518] 1519 1520 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938213 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22755 on: January 10, 2014, 05:14:12 am »

((These future humans are lame. IRL research has got some ideas on creating microtechnology that can reproduce itself and follow programs. I'll settle for reverse engineering sharkmist and creating programmable versions of the little bastards, as they may or may not be able to replicate already.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22756 on: January 10, 2014, 05:16:00 am »

((As long as the future humans have mastered the art of tiny power sources, the nanoforge is possible. Its basically trillions of self-replicating nanobots, which can assemble to form weapons, armor, tools, vehicles and ammunition. Basically turn lumps of debris into Avatars of War, so long as you have them programmed to do so. Also allows for bottomless clips of a sort, as you make make ammo in a clip as you fire.

Grey goo is just nanobots that eat shit. Fire at biologicals and they get dissolved.))

((I don't think future humans have mastered such a thing, or any way to create an actual, programmable nanobot (which, I believe, is quite impossible, at least in the way you describe). Gray goo (sharkmist) is the most advanced nanotech we've seen, and that's an alien artifact of some kind as far as I know. There are microbots, though, which can be seen by the naked eye.))
((Sharkmist isn't machines. It's a synthetic mobile bacteria strain, a macroscale bioweapon with a penchant for building more of itself out of anything available. The closest we have to nanomachines is the sonic sand from the Samsonite Abyss. It's literally the remains of a long-gone civilization, that respond to sound and arrange themselves into any required form, while absorbing light.

Also, sorry, but these future humans are A) under a technology development ban, and B) don't need nanomachines for construction. The Armory Master doesn't have all the various crap we sometimes request of her, but she has slabs of carbon isotopes stacked in the back, and creates all that stuff without nanoforges.))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:25:32 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22757 on: January 10, 2014, 05:27:09 am »

((These future humans are lame. IRL research has got some ideas on creating microtechnology that can reproduce itself and follow programs. I'll settle for reverse engineering sharkmist and creating programmable versions of the little bastards, as they may or may not be able to replicate already.))

((Microscopic technology, not nanotechnology. You can theoretically program nanotechnology as much as you could program a virus, and a virus does absolutely nothing unless plugged into a greater machine like the cell. The mechanisms required for replication and fabrication simply require too much energy and material to be possible to carry out on a level smaller than a single cell as far as I know.

Also, these future humans are quite lame indeed. They seem to have banned most avenues of technological research (that is to say, anything beyond basic reverse-engineering of alien and post-human artifacts) entirely. And the most powerful technology they have, space magic, is so strictly regulated and kept secret that you need top-level clearance to even know what it might be.))

((Sharkmist isn't machines. It's a synthetic mobile bacteria strain, a macroscale bioweapon with a penchant for building more of itself out of anything available. The closest we have to nanomachines is the sonic sand from the Samsonite Abyss. It's literally the remains of a long-gone civilization, that respond to sound and arrange themselves into any required form, while absorbing light.))

((Oh, right, the sand. Forgot about that. The sand's reverse-engineered form's real expensive, though, and doesn't seem very practical for anything other than forming basic shapes. I mean, 5 tokens for a bag. That's highway robbery for what it actually does.

And yes, the sharkmist is alive, but it does fit the bill for what he wanted nanomachines to do.))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:31:41 am by Harry Baldman »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22758 on: January 10, 2014, 05:53:03 am »

((Tech development banned? As rebels, I support the creation of zany superweapons. It may be time for some research and development. I'll produce some framework for micromachines that can follow orders while capable of reproducing themselves using external elements. I'll study the sharkmist, plus crystalline storage vectors, complex crystal structure and microcircuitry (which we pretty much have today anyway). This should lead to some rather interesting weapontech.))
((Can we buy carbon isotope slabs and the tools to use them? Time for battlefield constructions.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22759 on: January 10, 2014, 06:03:40 am »

((Tech development banned? As rebels, I support the creation of zany superweapons. It may be time for some research and development. I'll produce some framework for micromachines that can follow orders while capable of reproducing themselves using external elements. I'll study the sharkmist, plus crystalline storage vectors, complex crystal structure and microcircuitry (which we pretty much have today anyway). This should lead to some rather interesting weapontech.))
((Can we buy carbon isotope slabs and the tools to use them? Time for battlefield constructions.))

((As a rebel, I support tech ban repeals as well. Let's get some more quiet worlds, shall we?

As for the carbon isotope slab utilization, that requires a 20-token Matter Converter Amp, carbon isotope slabs and 20 Will. Not something that you can easily get. The AM, as an amp demigod, naturally has all of these. You do not.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22760 on: January 10, 2014, 06:10:37 am »

((Too bad I'd get crushed by Will attacks. There goes my plan of looting the armory.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22761 on: January 10, 2014, 06:17:34 am »

((Too bad I'd get crushed by Will attacks. There goes my plan of looting the armory.))

((As a side note, also be nice to the medical staff.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22762 on: January 10, 2014, 06:53:43 am »

((The AM actually has a Universal Amp, or an equivalent thereof. She also seems to have either impeccable memory or incredibly detailed equipment manuals on hand, because she essentially creates that stuff with her mind. Think about that for a moment. Intricate mechanisms, complex chemicals, custom microchips...))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22763 on: January 10, 2014, 07:02:04 am »

((The AM actually has a Universal Amp, or an equivalent thereof. She also seems to have either impeccable memory or incredibly detailed equipment manuals on hand, because she essentially creates that stuff with her mind. Think about that for a moment. Intricate mechanisms, complex chemicals, custom microchips...))

((There is no Universal Amp that we know of. There's a Universal Field Manipulator, but, considering how she doesn't seem to be typing up instructions into one every now and then, she's probably not using that. And apparently there is no Matter Conversion Field Manipulator, judging from the armory list.

From what we've seen of the AM so far, she seems to have a Mass Manipulation or Gravity Manipulation Amp, an Organochemistry Overrider Amp and a Matter Converter Amp, if she is actually subject to the 3 amp limit. But the AM, as we all know, is made of cheese, so these guesses may be incorrect and there may indeed be a Universal Amp. Why we can't have would be an interesting question, though.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22764 on: January 10, 2014, 07:10:01 am »

((AM has universal amp, it's not stated in the armory but PW said so. Also, you can use the universal manip to convert matter, Miya made a block of C4 out of dirt.))

((@Smurf: Miyamoto bought the namite thrower off of Pancaek, who designed it and has used it to melt a murderous robot once. Miya killed a bunch of sods with it, but currently loaned it to someone on the biohorror team. Also, it is great at overkill, it can melt sods away.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:13:48 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22765 on: January 10, 2014, 07:45:00 am »

((Ah. I see. Must have missed that. I wonder how much does the universal amp cost, though. Or is it entirely forbidden to us?))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22766 on: January 10, 2014, 07:56:10 am »

((@smurf: If you ever consider rebelling, don't do it in the coup d'état style. There's been a few attempts of that before, all of which have ended very badly. The Armory Master and Doctor appear to be way more powerful than anyone in ARM, (I don't know that for sure, but I feel more secure about saying that of the former's strength), then there's the crew, and the loyal ARMs, and even people who aren't super loyal would have issue with someone trying to interfere with their business. Plus, I believe Steve still has access to an electrical implant in your spinal chord that he can activate on will, resulting in everything from brief paralysis to instant death. The best option for resistance would probably be running away and finding another place on the planet with someone/something that can transport you to another planet, though the odds of this are negligible, at best.)) 

Get two jugs of water from the Armory Master, carry them back to the workers while discussing their plight with Steve.

"Steve, does the mechanical crew have to work in such cramped, hot spaces? I know that's their job, but can't we help them out a little, or are you to adamant on keeping your dreams of forced labor alive?"

((See, it wasn't perverted. You guys just thought that, in fact, you probably assumed that all the maintenance crew were men. Thus, you are the perverts. :3))

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22767 on: January 10, 2014, 08:44:23 am »

((AM has universal amp, it's not stated in the armory but PW said so. Also, you can use the universal manip to convert matter, Miya made a block of C4 out of dirt.))

((@Smurf: Miyamoto bought the namite thrower off of Pancaek, who designed it and has used it to melt a murderous robot once. Miya killed a bunch of sods with it, but currently loaned it to someone on the biohorror team. Also, it is great at overkill, it can melt sods away.

((Things to make/get/steal:
Universal amp or Microforge
Namite thrower or 'converted' sharkmist))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22768 on: January 10, 2014, 08:56:10 am »

((Things to make/get/steal:
Universal amp or Microforge
Namite thrower or 'converted' sharkmist))
((Have fun with that. The Armory Master is pretty much rule zero personified. Fighting her, or the Doc for that matter, is pretty much Piecewise rolling a 1d6 for if you succeed, and you only succeed on a roll of infinity.

Or he would just say no and instakill you. That's also possible.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22769 on: January 10, 2014, 10:51:21 am »

((posting this here as well))

Quote from: Pan=>squad leaders + Milno
I have completed my work with the survey team, only one survivor and in bad shape. Is there another team that needs a joker team member for civilian questioning?
Pages: 1 ... 1516 1517 [1518] 1519 1520 ... 2101