_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1510 1511 [1512] 1513 1514 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937344 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22665 on: January 08, 2014, 03:03:14 am »

"the leak could be on the indsid... wait no... uh maybe underwater or something"
if available use a metal rod to poke around under the water otherwise use hands, systematically search for leak
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22666 on: January 08, 2014, 06:56:50 am »

Alright, sounds like another team needs air support. I'm going to finish cutting out this one's supports, then go help them out. I'll send a replacement your way once I'm back in the hanger, but you can finish this one without someone on this side.

Try to cut the supports again, then head back to the hanger at Anton's behest and ask Steve to direct me to the shuttles with the lift gear.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22667 on: January 08, 2014, 08:38:02 am »

"... they were standing in a circle, letting their tongues dry... they're coming for me! Like thieves and ghosts, stealing songs and whispering poems about nonsense and existence! I don't wanna die..."

Keep singing and overseeing the repairs of puny, frightened fleshlings. If no repairs occur, ask one of them a question.

"So, what can you lot report presently? Seen anything unusual? Disturbing? Surreal? Dangerous? Funny? Amusing? Heartwarming? Inspiring? Otherwise notable?"

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22668 on: January 08, 2014, 10:49:42 am »

The console versions, however, should be mostly identical to the PC ones. And definitely get Enemy Within.))
((The big difference of course being that with the PC version you could theoretically make a Einsteinian Roulette mod....))
((Someone should totally try that.))
((I believe we'd have better chances modding Xenonauts. We'd have better chances using Unity to make a new game, really.

Hmm...))
((After some trawling around... scratch that.

There's a project right now, called OpenXCom. It's pretty much exactly what it says on the tin - like OpenTTD to Transport Tycoon. Open-source, and as moddable as that implies. Actively developed, and almost complete now.

Anybody want to make an ER mod? ;) ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22669 on: January 08, 2014, 12:29:21 pm »

The console versions, however, should be mostly identical to the PC ones. And definitely get Enemy Within.))
((The big difference of course being that with the PC version you could theoretically make a Einsteinian Roulette mod....))
((I believe we'd have better chances modding Xenonauts. We'd have better chances using Unity to make a new game, really.

Hmm...))

There's a project right now, called OpenXCom. It's pretty much exactly what it says on the tin - like OpenTTD to Transport Tycoon. Open-source, and as moddable as that implies. Actively developed, and almost complete now.

((I'm sure everyone WANTS to, but the real question is who the hell is QUALIFIED to do so?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22670 on: January 08, 2014, 12:50:12 pm »

Hmm...))

((I'm sure everyone WANTS to, but the real question is who the hell is QUALIFIED to do so?))
((I'm a part-time artist and coder, I'm sure PW will be interested in providing technical ideas, and, well, there's a lot of talented people around in general. Who cares who is qualified, there are no people to pick from but everyone present. ;) ))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22671 on: January 08, 2014, 02:05:42 pm »

((I'd be willing to add my novice modeling skills. Although I would have almost no time to do it, I'd be willing to add-in.))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22672 on: January 08, 2014, 02:23:13 pm »

Hmm...))

((I'm a part-time artist and coder, I'm sure PW will be interested in providing technical ideas, and, well, there's a lot of talented people around in general. Who cares who is qualified, there are no people to pick from but everyone present. ;) ))
((Note that by "qualified" I meant "able to actually contribute in a meaningful way"))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22673 on: January 08, 2014, 02:38:54 pm »

((Let's put it this way. If nobody starts it and it remains an idea, will anyone contribute at all?

So regardless of whether or not people can contribute in a meaningful way, if the idea itself is sound and interesting, why not try? Someone has to start, and every little bit helps after that.

(I'd really rather just point out the moral of a certain animated show episode named "Hurricane Fluttershy", but I'm afraid that given past events, not a whole lot of people would understand, or appreciate, that. >_>) ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22674 on: January 08, 2014, 02:51:26 pm »

((Piecewise: Can I eschew the constant charging of dynamic bonuses and just learn to use the arms?  Like how Mesk can fly a shuttle with no rolls?))

Dynamic AUX bonus: +/-2

Continue to charge my AUX bonus.  If I can be helpful in any possible way, be helpful instead.  Contemplate whether I could just take the power tools from Marcius and use them with the arms.

Give it one more good usage and yeah.

((I remember sending Thomas with the Rescue Team and Pancaek with the Survey Team. I checked the other thread and Thomas seems to be with the Survey team as well, leaving Rescue de-Joker'd.))
Someone should probably get in there...

Arrive. Look around. How bad have things got?
Things are pretty much the same as when you left, at least as far as you can see. Though there's a lot less people around.

Attempt to get my partner to come in with my. Use my Toolkit and my +1.3 bonus to Handiwork to fix the fan thingy.

...Try not to overshoot again. Especially not a 7-8. That would be bad.
[handi:3+1+1]
Oh hey, that worked out better then expected.

The fan spins back up to full speed and the machine begins working at full power once again.

"That got it. Now we just gotta wait for the others to reconnect the damaged power lines and we should have power back to prisoner sector." The man in orange shouts into the hole. "Come on out."

See what Piecewise wants, if anything.

Then see if there's anyway to raise the morale of our decimated crew.

Piecewise would like more hours in the day, To be paid to work on RPG's, the ability to run 10 more games without dying, More hardsci anime besides PlanetES, which was really good but I can only watch it so many times, The ability to resurrect Heinlein and a few others, the ability to finish a love story and not feel wistful, a sequel to hammerfight and phantom dust, and...

Wait, you're talking about the lizard right?

Oh.

He would like a steak and to nibble on people's toes.

As per moral...I dunno. Could ask around.

Head to the next plate

((I would character build... but i don't feel like it right now, and it doesn't seem like an opportune time. Also, there is a game for the iOS system, Aliens vs Humans, i think, that is almost exactly like the old X-COM. Little more streamlined and less management (And content, since its iOS) but very similar in difficulty and equipping your men.))
You scoot over to the next plate. And charge a dynamic bonus, to save time.

A terror mission in Calcutta. I'm still playing it, but apparently aliens like to one-hit my rookie soldiers.))

((And your grizzled veterans.  Just wait until you meet the nastier aliens.))

"It appears you are all ready for evacuation.  What did you see of the incident?"

Interrogate.  If no reason to worry, evac them to the Sword and prepare to move to next objective.  Check with Almighty Steve for any updates.
Most say they just ran when the fighting started, and that they either didn't see anything, or just saw sods moving through. A few, though, talk about hiding in a different area of the building and seeing strange lights and figures before they had to run as the building collapsed.

Charles uses his dynamic bonus to lie and tell them that the incident was the result of the UWM releasing hallucinogens everywhere in an unscrupulous manner and that they need to take the antidotes to the side effects.
You don't even need to use that roll, they already trust you enough to just take them without issue.

IF ONLY YOU HAD THEM.

"the leak could be on the indsid... wait no... uh maybe underwater or something"
if available use a metal rod to poke around under the water otherwise use hands, systematically search for leak
[intuition:5-1]
You think you find it; a thin crack right at the base of the core. Now all you need to do is use the expanding putty and metal plate they gave you to fix it. That, and figure out how to kneel down in this thing.

Alright, sounds like another team needs air support. I'm going to finish cutting out this one's supports, then go help them out. I'll send a replacement your way once I'm back in the hanger, but you can finish this one without someone on this side.

Try to cut the supports again, then head back to the hanger at Anton's behest and ask Steve to direct me to the shuttles with the lift gear.
[Handi:3+1]
Eh, close enough.

You head to the hanger and get in one of the shuttles, which has been prepared for you with lift gear. Just gotta wait for the other pilot now.

"... they were standing in a circle, letting their tongues dry... they're coming for me! Like thieves and ghosts, stealing songs and whispering poems about nonsense and existence! I don't wanna die..."

Keep singing and overseeing the repairs of puny, frightened fleshlings. If no repairs occur, ask one of them a question.

"So, what can you lot report presently? Seen anything unusual? Disturbing? Surreal? Dangerous? Funny? Amusing? Heartwarming? Inspiring? Otherwise notable?"
I like how the entire diplomatic team is doing the job of the missing Joker member, but with none of the tools they should have.

Hmm...))

Of course I would be. 

Theoretically, I wouldn't be hard, depending on how far you want to go and in what way.  Do we want to stick to basic Xcom format with what amount to simple edits of the models and naming?

Or do we want to go all out and change the gameplay around to fit with ER more?

And which phase of ER? The current one or the past one?  Fighting aliens or humans?

Which aliens?

Don't get me started, I won't stop.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22675 on: January 08, 2014, 03:25:16 pm »

Of course I would be. 

Theoretically, I wouldn't be hard, depending on how far you want to go and in what way.  Do we want to stick to basic Xcom format with what amount to simple edits of the models and naming?

And which phase of ER? The current one or the past one?  Fighting aliens or humans?

Which aliens?

((Something of a future one I'd say, the tech ban would need lifting to progress technology, and we'd need an out-of-the-way, inhabited, civilized planet under tentative ARM control, so that when stuff starts happening ARM takes the role of XCOM and must earn the trust and support of the planet's various nations and regions, in order to amass sufficient resources to fight the threat off instead of having the planet just surrender to the invaders. Exactly what stuff starts happening is a good question though. Aliens is a good generic enemy, but some unique twists could be made. I'd prefer to stick to regular XCOM format as much as possible though, as going beyond that is going to introduce too many variables and it'd be too much like making a whole new game, which, even optimistically, we don't have the resources for.

I am entirely uncertain exactly how the modding of the planetary map would need to be done in OpenXCom, but since it's open-source there isn't exactly much that isn't open to editing in some shape or form. It's just going to take a whole lot of doing.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22676 on: January 08, 2014, 03:53:35 pm »

Of course I would be. 

Which aliens?

((Something of a future one I'd say, the tech ban would need lifting to progress technology, and we'd need an out-of-the-way, inhabited, civilized planet under tentative ARM control, so that when stuff starts happening ARM takes the role of XCOM and must earn the trust and support of the planet's various nations and regions, in order to amass sufficient resources to fight the threat off instead of having the planet just surrender to the invaders. Exactly what stuff starts happening is a good question though. Aliens is a good generic enemy, but some unique twists could be made. I'd prefer to stick to regular XCOM format as much as possible though, as going beyond that is going to introduce too many variables and it'd be too much like making a whole new game, which, even optimistically, we don't have the resources for.

I am entirely uncertain exactly how the modding of the planetary map would need to be done in OpenXCom, but since it's open-source there isn't exactly much that isn't open to editing in some shape or form. It's just going to take a whole lot of doing.))

Probably best. One way to handle it is just to have the weapons progress up the armory list. Have everything available to buy in the beginning, just make it too expensive. Then use things gathered during the mission (Bodies for autopsy, for instance) give a nice chunk of cash.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22677 on: January 08, 2014, 03:58:14 pm »

((I can lend my (admittedly lackluster) art skills to this project, if ya want.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22678 on: January 08, 2014, 04:17:23 pm »

((I'm not trying to do Joker team's job, really. I'm just making conversation. Horrible catastrophes are great icebreakers.))

"Don't be shy, good people. I'll tell you, I've had a pretty interesting day myself. Why, not fifteen minutes ago I fell down an elevator shaft - this place really needs maintenance, as I'm sure you've noticed. And earlier I met this guy - didn't talk much, had a wheelchair, was on life support... he was pretty cool, even if more than a little bit cheesy. Oh, and I also just got this really cool gun. What's been happening to you all, by the by?"

Make conversation, dammit!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22679 on: January 08, 2014, 04:26:05 pm »

Find worker people.

"Hey guys, could I get any of you anything you want? :3"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 1510 1511 [1512] 1513 1514 ... 2101