_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1507 1508 [1509] 1510 1511 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938134 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22620 on: January 07, 2014, 12:18:49 am »

((First, there are no abductions. Your mission types are UFO assault (crashed or landed), terror missions, alien base assaults, and base defense (if you shoot down too many UFOs, the aliens will look for your bases. If they find one, they will invade it).

And like I said, you can have multiple Skyrangers (Or Lightnings/Avengers, those two you have to manufacture), so you can have multiple teams in the air at once. Not that you need to, as I recall, multiple missions don't usually come up simultaneously. The only reason to (with Skyrangers, at least. The other two can function as interceptors as well as transports) is the mandatory refuelling after they return to base. Same reason to have multiple interceptors (which need to rearm and repair as well as refuel, and you do need to keep ammo in stock at their base), except they can be destroyed in combat too.

Oh, and craft are only limited by their fuel range. You can fly a Skyranger around the world twice (and do so in one and a half days) before it runs out of fuel.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:10:27 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22621 on: January 07, 2014, 01:08:07 am »

((Also there's no satellite network, and you can put bases anywhere you want. Multiple.
I mean... Shoo))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22622 on: January 07, 2014, 05:13:31 am »

((I agree with the shoo.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22623 on: January 07, 2014, 09:40:29 am »

Attempt welding! There is NO WAY this can go wrong. Again.

((Does anyone know the significant differences between XCOM for a mobile device - I have it for my  ipad - Or the console version? I can't get the PC version right now.))

((and if so, should I go with Enemy Unknown, or Enemy Within?))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22624 on: January 07, 2014, 10:38:00 am »

-snip-
((Starting to wish I had bought the old version...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22625 on: January 07, 2014, 11:05:38 am »

((Does anyone know the significant differences between XCOM for a mobile device - I have it for my  ipad - Or the console version? I can't get the PC version right now.))

((There's Enemy Within for the iPad? I am, honestly, somewhat surprised that it can run it decently.

...after some research, apparently Enemy Unknown was indeed released for iOS as well. Huh. Well, if the review I read is to be trusted, apparently there's a significant reduction in graphics (not surprising), and a reduction in the variety of available mission maps (also not surprising). Also there is no Slingshot pack (no big loss). And Enemy Within apparently hasn't been released for the iOS yet. So your choice is kinda limited there.

The console versions, however, should be mostly identical to the PC ones. And definitely get Enemy Within.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22626 on: January 07, 2014, 11:17:27 am »

The console versions, however, should be mostly identical to the PC ones. And definitely get Enemy Within.))

((The big difference of course being that with the PC version you could theoretically make a Einsteinian Roulette mod....))

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22627 on: January 07, 2014, 11:19:14 am »

((The big difference of course being that with the PC version you could theoretically make a Einsteinian Roulette mod....))
((Inasmuch as you can mod Enemy Within at all...))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22628 on: January 07, 2014, 11:21:18 am »

((Someone should totally try that.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22629 on: January 07, 2014, 11:24:23 am »

((I believe we'd have better chances modding Xenonauts. We'd have better chances using Unity to make a new game, really.

Hmm...))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22630 on: January 07, 2014, 12:10:01 pm »

((I believe we'd have better chances modding Xenonauts. We'd have better chances using Unity to make a new game, really.

Hmm...))
((Ah, I guess I'm just used to getting games that all but throw their insides at you screaming "THESE ARE YOURS TO DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH!"))

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22631 on: January 07, 2014, 12:25:15 pm »

((I have never had a game do that.))
Sig

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22632 on: January 07, 2014, 12:47:41 pm »

((Men of War does...))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22633 on: January 07, 2014, 01:10:52 pm »

((Surgeon Simulator is like that!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22634 on: January 07, 2014, 01:40:19 pm »

Good to know.

Spoiler: X-Combustion (click to show/hide)

piecewise: I'm a bit wary of just going for the high ground ever since my best sniper got killed due to lack of cover. And I eagerly await figuring out how to just run back to the Skyranger. It's probably something simple like moving everyone into the glowing rectangle, but meh.

Attempt to clean and fix the bloody gore-fan.
"If that was me, don't tell me."

Now, this can go one of two ways. You can try and get Tavik to come down in here to help you, which may prevent another incident with the fan. Or you can try and do it on your own, because you don't really care about death anyways. This way will require you to hang upside down and fix the fan with no tools. And I haven't looked, but I'm fairly sure you don't have a handiwork bonus.

((That is hilarious.))

Wait to see if grate dies again.
We're putting the odds at 13:8  for death.

((Yeah, I don't really know what to do to charge a bonus either.  I already went through everything that makes sense charging my previous bonus.  Which doesn't carry over to my next action...  can I spend these actions on getting a permanent bonus, like how Mesk learned how to fly a shuttle?))

Dynamic AUX bonus: +/-1

Continue practicing kung fu with the arms.  Take care not to punch Marcius.  Try to catch anything he drops.

Wiggle arms, Wiggle arms, Wiggle all the way!

(Reading GWG's AARs is an exercise in face-palmery.  Keep it up.)

Repair the people with Stacy's help.
[med:2+2]

You patch up the other one's shoulder, at least enough to stop the bleeding and stabilize him.

((Missed me PW))

Carefully enter water looking out for surprises, search for the leak again
The Stairs are a bit of a thing
[Aux:4]
It's a rather harrowing trip down the stairs, carefully adjusting the throttle on the machine's movement to let the automated movement systems handle the differences in terrain and not go tumbling down into the water below.

You reach the bottom and wade into the water. The warning systems start yelling at you even louder, warning of potentially dangerous levels of radiation. You start wandering around the reactor, looking for the problem.
[intuition:2-1]
Maybe...the leak isn't on the outside...maybe it's on the inside!

[int:3]

Wait...no...something about what you just said seems wrong. Hmm.

(( Sunday update says wat! ))

Right, my side is done. I'm moving down to the next panel, good luck.

Move to the next damaged panel, remove the panel from the mounting points.
(I lost track of days, So I spent yesterday building things.)

[handi:3]
You sort of lazily hack at the plates mounting points with the cutter, doing all of nothing to them.

Lars praises his team over the radio.  "May the Most Holy Steve watch over us all."

Be generally helpful.  Dance if skills are not needed.

"Does joker team even have a representative around here?" You say, in the midst of doing the Charleston

"I saw thirteen black crows, as black as 3 AM and as big as vultures' eyes, their wings hanging by their sides like laundry on the line..."

Sing and help Mesk! Preferably in a constructive way, too!
Mesk does it all on his own, without killing anyone. Good for him!

[handi:6-1]
Actually everything goes perfectly and you weld it into place like a steel worker with 40 years of experience and a wife who hates him.

-snip-
((Starting to wish I had bought the old version...))
Original is only 5 bucks
http://store.steampowered.com/app/7760/

Or free if you want to torrent it, since I think the original makers aren't getting paid for it anymore regardless.

((Surgeon Simulator is like that!))

HA

Basically, when it comes to Xcom vs X-com

XCOM: Updated, modernized version that scales back customization and level of control in favor of streamlining and overall easing the experience to a more general audience.

X-COM: A completely old school pc game that eschews time saving and explanation in favor of massive amounts of freedom and control; which you will of course need since it's also much harder.
Pages: 1 ... 1507 1508 [1509] 1510 1511 ... 2101