_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1506 1507 [1508] 1509 1510 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5939110 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22605 on: January 06, 2014, 03:46:27 pm »

@STEPHEN HAWKING
Why didn't you just tell Lars that Toaster had misspelled your name?
((Isn't it obvious?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22606 on: January 06, 2014, 04:18:55 pm »

((My bad))

Lars just looks confused.  "Um... sure?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22607 on: January 06, 2014, 04:38:43 pm »

((My bad))

Lars just looks confused.  "Um... sure?"

((Wow...STEPHEN HAWKING legitimately confused the zealot XD
I mean usually Lars just bounces back from things he doesn't understand, but this seems to have actually thrown him through a loop))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22608 on: January 06, 2014, 04:52:28 pm »

((Well, since we're officially past the One Steve Limit, the question "which Steve" is absolutely applicable, even if it would take massive ignorance and/or a brainfart scoring 5 on the Richter scale not to understand it from the context. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22609 on: January 06, 2014, 04:55:04 pm »

(("Hey Steve, what are your plans for after the revolution?"))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22610 on: January 06, 2014, 04:57:07 pm »

((If spoken by Lars, that's definitely addressing the new guy. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22611 on: January 06, 2014, 05:00:48 pm »

(("O Most High Steve, He who controls the Universe, what shall be your desires for us, your minions, following your glorious rising?"))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22612 on: January 06, 2014, 07:40:24 pm »

(("O Most High Steve, He who controls the Universe, what shall be your desires for us, your minions, following your glorious rising?"))
((... Let me guess...

It's the new guy?  :P )
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22613 on: January 06, 2014, 08:19:08 pm »

Spoiler: X-Competence (Ha!) (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22614 on: January 06, 2014, 09:17:41 pm »

Should I buy the new x-com or the old x-com? One costs a lot more, but I'm wondering if I would get a similar experience.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22615 on: January 06, 2014, 09:28:46 pm »

XCOM and X-COM have some pretty big differences in the little things, and no real differences in the big things.

I'd say if you really, really don't care about graphics, then UFO: Enemy Unknown and X-COM Terror From the Deep will be fun.
But if some sweet and shiny interests you, grab XCOM, because the game-play is just as good, and the Enemy Within expansion is all new (And exciting) content.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #22616 on: January 06, 2014, 11:13:07 pm »

((Also, if you enjoy more micro, X-COM is the one you want. XCOM simplified a lot of things (not entirely a bad thing, mind, but consider the inventory: in X-COM, each item had a weight and a size, and each soldier had different-sized slots all over the place (shoulder pocket, anyone?) and their strength allowed them to carry more weight before losing Time Units (no 2-action limit, every move has a 'time' and you spend time units to perform actions), compared to every soldier has 1 (2, for assaults) primary, dependent on class, a pistol (or rocket launcher, for heavies), an armor slot, and a single item), and certainly gave it a nice polish.

Just don't get attached to your soldiers if you go with any of the X-COM games. They're even more fragile than the soldiers in XCOM.))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:15:26 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22617 on: January 06, 2014, 11:38:25 pm »

((Wow. That's kinda complex. Maybe if you only had one soldier, but for a 4-6-man squad?))
Sig

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #22618 on: January 06, 2014, 11:51:01 pm »

((Wow. That's kinda complex. Maybe if you only had one soldier, but for a 4-6-man squad?))

((2-14-man squad, depending if you took Heavy Weapons Platforms (works a bit like the SHIV, but you can purchase/research and produce different models (cannon, rocket, laser, plasma, and launcher, the latter two of which can fly), and they take 4 space each). And that's with just the starting Skyranger (which you can have multiple of and missions will not occur simultaneously, but they do have to refuel). With an Avenger, you have 26 slots.

And in Apocalypse, you can send as many soldiers as you have transport for, which can be every single soldier you have if you want (as far as I know).))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:56:52 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue ]
« Reply #22619 on: January 06, 2014, 11:55:25 pm »

((Can you still only respond to one abduction at once?))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1506 1507 [1508] 1509 1510 ... 2101