_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1472 1473 [1474] 1475 1476 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929372 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22095 on: December 23, 2013, 03:48:41 am »

((Hey guys, anything happening?))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22096 on: December 23, 2013, 03:50:49 am »

(( A 'generic winter holiday bonus' would be simple :P
Um... one free small Nyars box? That should increase the level of insanity rapidly.

Though I will say, I like the 'Spirit of Capitalism' assault idea, though I'm not sure how many non-mission players we have right now. I suppose if all repair teams finish quickly, they could do it. ))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22097 on: December 23, 2013, 04:22:39 am »

((By the way, anyone who can name the game where you settle in a new home inside a giant paramilitary industrial base, and the first thing you do afterward is blithely rob a horribly unlucky freighter named "Spirit of Capitalism", will immediately get a box of e-cookies.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22098 on: December 23, 2013, 04:23:22 am »

((Well, it's the HMRC, so how about overcompensators which enhance overshots? And/Or a quantum manipulator?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22099 on: December 23, 2013, 04:24:38 am »

And/Or a quantum manipulator?))
((We'd have to grind down STEPHEN HAWKING to make it. I'm sure at least several characters wouldn't mind. :P))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22100 on: December 23, 2013, 04:46:34 am »

((We'd have to grind down STEPHEN HAWKING to make it. I'm sure at least several characters wouldn't mind. :P))
((Maybe just a Grate corpse.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22101 on: December 23, 2013, 06:53:35 am »

((I like the free nyars box idea, but I doubt that's gonna work. Though corsairs idea for a small mission with a small item that is tailored for the individual characters would be awesome. ))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22102 on: December 23, 2013, 07:23:08 am »

((Now that begs the question, would Auron get a loot magnet or a predator cloaking device?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22103 on: December 23, 2013, 09:16:21 am »

((Have the UWM freighter "Spirit of Capitalism" arrive at Hephaestus for a regular, though horribly ill-timed supply run. I'm sure we and all rookies involved would like a chance at an easy assault mission (via shuttles) and some loot.))
((I like this idea.))

((One free ammunition refill/extra magazine/battery/tank/whatever?))
((Only one? Those refills are what turned me off from manipulators. A refill machine installed would be awesome.))

((Oh yeah, is Feyri x Jim still goin on? Cause I'm at the point when they have their romantic date on-ship xD))
((Sadly, both Tiruin and Serious Concentrate are at a point where they don't have enough time to RP ER. So, kinda, bot not on-screen.))

Um... one free small Nyars box? That should increase the level of insanity rapidly.))
((Ooh. One small Nyars box for everyone?))

((Maybe just a Grate corpse.))
((Let's try STEPHEN HAWKING first. He invented being turned into a quantum manipulator, after all.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #22104 on: December 23, 2013, 09:26:01 am »

((I was thinking a 'Nyars gift card', but I wouldn't mind getting to raid the nearly-defenseless supply ship, either.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22105 on: December 23, 2013, 10:23:38 am »

((No, no. We all get a break, we exchange gifts with our friends and loved ones if we want to, and then Steve gives us a little Nyars box as a gift. We can call it Life Day. Okay, maybe not that, but you get the idea.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22106 on: December 23, 2013, 10:33:47 am »

((How about a secret santa?))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22107 on: December 23, 2013, 10:47:08 am »

((So your backstory is "IM TOTALLY NOT A MURDERER. NO REALLY. BY THE WAY COULD YOU LOOK OVER THERE FOR A SECOND? *Stabs repeatedly*"))
...Yes?  Without the stabbing bit.  Steve is the type who gets others to do his dirty work. 

Really, it's there to make fun of the fact that we have people who are here for things like "Paperwork mixup" or "Jaywalking", which look exactly like a lie fabricated by a convict.  And we have people here for mass murder, who don't lie about it.  But not a single person who's a murderer and tries to look like an innocent.

((I modified my guys bio, cause I really want it to be cannon. Oh yeah, is Feyri x Jim still goin on? Cause I'm at the point when they have their romantic date on-ship xD))
Just gonna say, there's no way your bio is canon if it actually involves a disconnected planet fighting any amount of altered.  Quite literally, they cheat.

And that's not even all of it.  Pretty much, your world's military would have had to be only a tiny percent organic, with those organic bits very well protected.  There couldn't be any civvies, unless they were so well hidden nobody that the altered could absorb could possibly find them.  And they would find it very difficult to "defeat" the altered- you have to burn every. last. cell.

Remember, the UWM's SOP was basically glassing any unimportant worlds that showed any infection.

That said, it's entirely possible that you fought a different strain of Altered, like Ivan.  One that wasn't so OP.

And Feyri x Jim still exists, but both the players find it hard to play with all these people- the thread just grows too quick.  So it's dead in effect.

Um... one free small Nyars box? That should increase the level of insanity rapidly.

I like this idea.  Remember how Steve said that we don't have qualms about using crazy xeno tech?  Well, we need to experiment with the stuff before we can start using it on our ships.  Just think, soon we'll have phantom plating that makes an entire ship intangible!  We'll be able to fly through a planet, and drop bombs inside the UWM's buildings.  Directly.  Without being shot at.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22108 on: December 23, 2013, 10:50:22 am »

(("A little box from Nyars for everyone" can easily turn into a "Horrible Death Day". Just sayin'.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22109 on: December 23, 2013, 11:32:08 am »

((Firstly, welcome to both syvarris and whitiusopus! Always nice to see some new lemmings for the meat shields additions to the team.

About holiday present, I propose the wonderful gift of PARANOIA.
Allow me to elaborate:

In the last post before hiatus, PW adds a few spoilered messages, each labeled 'do not read before X' with x being days of the week, e.g. Wednesday 12.00 EST. Those spoilers contain a little snippit of info about ER, going from innocent ('the Doc's first name was Bob, back when he was human') to background related ('Forever war was a big inspiration for ER') to foreshadowing ('THE STAR GODS ARE COMING TO CLAIM THEIR DUE').

(("A little box from Nyars for everyone" can only turn into a "Horrible Death Day". It is the only way'.))
((FTFY))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1472 1473 [1474] 1475 1476 ... 2101