_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1464 1465 [1466] 1467 1468 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928513 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #21975 on: December 19, 2013, 03:49:13 pm »

((The combat teams are in the larger mission thread. Links should be on the first page.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21976 on: December 19, 2013, 04:13:20 pm »

Armor plating... wonder if Steve has some or if we'll have to lug some across the facility.

Head back to the blackship, take a closer look at that rear right engine. Takes notes on the damage on the datapad.

Head back to Steve if he makes the call to start aiding the Sword repair teams.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: OSHA nightmares
« Reply #21977 on: December 19, 2013, 04:48:03 pm »

-snip-
((Why is HAWKING barred? I'm sure he can convince you to let him stay with his son once the time comes :)))

((Reasons of insanity. His argument would only make it worse.))

((HAWKING isn't insane. VERY ODD yes, but insane no. He is perfectly capable of sound decision making, and also perfectly capable of presenting his case logically (well y'know, as long as the dice say so :P). The perceived insanity is him confusing his current self with his potential future memetic god self.

This is due to some heretofore unknown brain disorder or somesuch caused by however the hell he got to the future. Probably some quantum mechanical nonsense. 

So yeah, HAWKING isn't insane, he's handicapped. And you wouldn't discriminate against someone because of a handicap would you?
granted said handicap involves being able to resurrect small children repeatedly and quasi-magically avoid danger by somehow forcing said danger around himself, but I digress

Also the gore-angel was a leftover effect from the crazyknife. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21978 on: December 19, 2013, 05:06:28 pm »

So yeah, HAWKING isn't insane, he's handicapped. And you wouldn't discriminate against someone because of a handicap would you?
((If the "discrimination" is keeping the blind man from driving a taxi, yes.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #21979 on: December 19, 2013, 05:15:26 pm »

((The perceived insanity is him confusing his current self with his potential future memetic god self.))

((And as far as Simus is concerned, that is insanity. It's practically schizophrenia.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21980 on: December 19, 2013, 05:18:46 pm »

((What exactly is the taxi in this metaphor? Inventing things? Honestly that seems safer for a perceived "insane" person then going out into combat heavily armed and with people relying on them to survive :P))

((The perceived insanity is him confusing his current self with his potential future memetic god self.))

((And as far as Simus is concerned, that is insanity. It's practically schizophrenia.))
((I would equate it more with alzheimers. Though I see your point. But he hasn't really hurt anyone so far, which is more then ANY OTHER PERSON ON SHIP can say for themselves :P
Even the 11 year old. ESPECIALLY the 11 year old.))
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 05:21:12 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21981 on: December 19, 2013, 05:30:37 pm »

((What exactly is the taxi in this metaphor? Inventing things? Honestly that seems safer for a perceived "insane" person then going out into combat heavily armed and with people relying on them to survive :P))

((I would equate it more with alzheimers. Though I see your point. But he hasn't really hurt anyone so far, which is more then ANY OTHER PERSON ON SHIP can say for themselves :P
((Unless you consider that STEPHEN HAWKING's presence allowed the 11 year old to do all that damage in the first place. So indirectly... ;) ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21982 on: December 19, 2013, 05:32:37 pm »

((Unless you consider that STEPHEN HAWKING's presence allowed the 11 year old to do all that damage in the first place. So indirectly... ;) ))

((Well STEPHEN HAWKING is the only one who knows that he resurrected Grate. IC at least :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21983 on: December 19, 2013, 05:33:13 pm »

but he hasn't really hurt anyone so far, which is more then ANY OTHER PERSON ON SHIP can say for themselves :P
((Do you only include other player's character in this statement, or do enemies count as well? Because, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure we have quite a few people who haven't hurt a teammate yet))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21984 on: December 19, 2013, 05:36:20 pm »

((Jack for example. As Ivan was technically no longer a teammate.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21985 on: December 19, 2013, 05:37:21 pm »

((For Stephen, maybe.))

((But he hasn't really hurt anyone so far, which is more then ANY OTHER PERSON ON SHIP can say for themselves :P))
((Amazingly, I can't think of a counter-example. Well, an explosives-laden clock can fail to explode twice a day.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21986 on: December 19, 2013, 05:43:16 pm »

((Anton never really hurt anyone either. He only shot a teammate once in VR, and once himself as his own teammate, also in VR. Even the latest episode never actually hurt anyone around him. Besides that he only created some trouble for other people when they had to rescue him out of Gilgamesh, but mostly he ends up only hurting himself. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #21987 on: December 19, 2013, 05:54:09 pm »

((I don't think Simus has actually hurt a teammate yet.

Opponents, though, is another matter.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21988 on: December 19, 2013, 05:54:51 pm »

((May has only saved people, thank you very much. And sure, you can argue in OOC, but if Stephen Hawking has wanted to portray himself as a responsible and capable person ready to head out with the big kids, he's been doing a pretty damn bad job.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21989 on: December 19, 2013, 06:07:55 pm »

No. What is going on?
Pages: 1 ... 1464 1465 [1466] 1467 1468 ... 2101