_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930659 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: OSHA nightmares
« Reply #21930 on: December 18, 2013, 03:18:18 pm »

Charles hands in his current tokens as the first repayment.
"Understood, out of curiosity, who's Nyars?"

"Brother Lars, I am now ready."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21931 on: December 18, 2013, 03:20:26 pm »

((So...anyone wanna troll Jim with a crazy convo that drags on for pages and pages? :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21932 on: December 18, 2013, 03:21:23 pm »

Lyra, lost and confused, follows Jim out the room and goes with him on whatever task he's been assigned.
((Shifting over to the combat team thread.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21933 on: December 18, 2013, 03:21:43 pm »

((So...anyone wanna troll Jim with a crazy convo that drags on for pages and pages? :P))
((No.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21934 on: December 18, 2013, 03:27:49 pm »

"I'm ready too, great prophet of mighty and all-seeing Steve! Take me on adventures, sir!"

Adoringly dance and hope that we get moving sometime soon. I've got a Xeno sprayer to test!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21935 on: December 18, 2013, 03:30:46 pm »

((Aaww. Oh well, IC knowledge gained.))
Felix didn't say a word during Miyamoto's exposition. He didn't say anything afterwards, either. He saluted Miyamoto, properly this time, and then walked away. He went to the locker room and checked to see if any of the intact lockers had his name on it; if one did, he put on the MkI suit inside it. Then he went to the armory, and either bought and had installed a microwave amp or frowned at the unattended kiosk. Then he headed to the briefing room, unless he passed the four-armed synthflesh man matching Miyamoto's description of Jim along the way, in which case he follows Jim instead.
He just ignores the giant lizard thing hanging around the armory, since Miyamoto presumably mentioned Xan somewhere in that abstracted exposition.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21936 on: December 18, 2013, 03:59:53 pm »

(I'm not on a team.  I'll join if someone needs me.)

((Lars is forcibly recruiting you then.))

Lars shrugs at STEVEN.  "I had only planned to take five, but I suppose you can come along."  Lars grabs Mesk by the collar.  "General Jim, I am requisitioning your chewtoy as our medic.  I believe he has experience as a medic in civilian rescue." 

Lars looks around.  "Brothers, let us go.  To the ground floor!  For the glory of Steve!"

Grab team* and head to ground floor.

Team Rescue:
Lars
Charles
Thomas
Stacy
STEVEN HAWKING
Mesk

Rescue Gear: Lars  (He is strongest and has exoskeleton)
Medical Supplies: Mesk (Only medic)

MISSED THIS

Lars and his team of Negotiators, diplomats and crazy people head outside and take the cage elevator down to the ground level.

>Alright, there are several clusters of people to talk to. One is near here, but many stories straight down, so you could either find an elevator or wait for combat ops to bring the cutter and go down that way.

Another is on the 15th floor, near the back, left corner of the building. I've got sketchy sensor data for that area but it appears to have taken some damage. People there might be in need of rescue.

The third is one I'm not entirely sure even exists anymore. It was somewhat near the new crater that Grate caused, so you might not have anyone left to talk to.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21937 on: December 18, 2013, 04:10:15 pm »

Lars bows in the direction of the Sword.  "Yes, your Gloriousness.  We shall allow the combat team their space, and go to the second group first.  Onward for the glory of Steve!"

Seek an elevator to the 15th floor, or failing that, stairs.  Failing either, just start moving toward the back left and we'll figure out how to get up when we get there.  Keep an eye out for damage on the way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21938 on: December 18, 2013, 04:21:25 pm »

Awaken.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #21939 on: December 18, 2013, 04:28:36 pm »

Lars and his team of Negotiators, diplomats and crazy people head outside and take the cage elevator down to the ground level.
(Did you just call Mesk a diplomat?)

"Uh... yeah!  Gloriousness!"
Follow Lars, keep an eye out for survivors.  Apply technical stuff to broken stuff that needs technical unbreaking.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21940 on: December 18, 2013, 04:30:57 pm »

((Reminds me.))

Lars addresses the team.  "Brothers, Mesk here is our Medic.  I've heard he's worked with civilians before, so he should be well equipped to handle any injured people we find...  though he can get carried away.  Brother Mesk, please restrain your most forceful applications of medicine- we want to bring the most glory to Steve, as you surely recall."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21941 on: December 18, 2013, 04:44:58 pm »

Leo looks down at himself.

"You know the difference between a slave and a HMRC member?  A slave can recieve freedom upon death."

"In all honesty, Steve, the off buttons don't seem to work.  I suppose it doesn't matter, but even though this mission was really, really successful and well ran, my only contribution to it is probably now a life-sized Jello mold, because one of the least threatening and powerful members pushed a button during the debriefing.  Or something.  I don't know how the hell that went down."

"Anyway, I'm going to keep following orders and trying to help out.  I'm perfectly okay abiding to restrictions in equipment and gear, and I'm fine with following orders.. but if we're going to pretend we're a bunch of freedom fighters in a military organization, that comes with a chain of command, and responsability flows both ways in a chain of command..  officers are responsable for the men under their command.  I don't see how it would be possible to reprimand you, Steve, and almost blowing up planets is not 'liberating' them."

"Do what you like, call us what you like, but as long as I have this shock collar, I'm going to know what I really am.  A slave to a computer that wants to change the world.. and one of my basic rules is to never trust anyone who says they want to change the world."

"I'm going to head out and re-arrange some deck chairs for you now."

Speechify.  If still alive and ambulatory, try to find a group leaving or just left.  Preferably the diplo group, but any would do.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21942 on: December 18, 2013, 05:00:51 pm »

Steve, I've got a list of parts I'll need to repair the blackship, for your reference later. Let me know when you'll need me for something else, I'll be working on this until then.

Oh, and there any chance I could get a MKIII? I'd be willing to turn in my manipulator to reduce the amount of tokens I'd owe you.

Talk at Steve, record down a list of where the damage is and what parts I'll need on the datapad and send it to Steve, then wander around the outside of the ship studying the damage and taking notes on the repair tasks. Take particular note of the damage to the rear right engine.
( Engage dynamic bonus I can pick up later if Steve interrupts me :P )

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21943 on: December 18, 2013, 05:37:02 pm »

GreatWyrmGold's Patented OOC-Exclusive Post

"Oh, and it's Miyamoto. Mi-ya-mo-to. Or just Miya."
Tell the Grate what happened, then release him, sans pill machine.
((I was wondering how long it would take you to correct him.))

((Why you little! He's only had 1 permadeath under his direct command, or 2 if you include Grate.))
((How many times would we count Grate?))

The Tyranids would also probably do poorly. Again, The Altered cheat.
((But as has been said before, Tyranids cheat to. So I guess it comes down to either having scientific plausibility, in which case the Nids win by a large margin, or having a cool enemy but throwing believability to the wind, in which case it's anyone's guess. Can't have your cake and eat it too after all.
((I was about to make another comment about the scientific plausibility of everything in WH40k, before realizing that when it comes to the Altered and stuff, ER is even worse. Especially since the 'Nids are one of the less reality-screwing factions.))

Really, if the Altered are even more powerful than depicted up till now (like in battle of Hexbarax), and even on par with the Tyranids, then I am very curious what kind of trick (aka spess magick) the UWM pulled to eradicate them.))
((The pill machine had to come from somewhere, didn't it?))

since digestive juices aren't exactly organic matter
((Yes they are. The acids and peristaltics and the like involved in digestion aren't, but digestion is done in large part with digestive enzymes, which are biomolecules.))
((Last I checked, digestive juices had good amounts of water, acid, and stuff. The Altered would have a bit, but I think that the ratio of enzymes to fluid is low enough that the digestive pod has a fighting chance. Especially if they get a small enough piece.))

>Don't think of it as a shock chip. Think of it as a button I can push to stop you from doing something stupid. Because it's that or the explosive collars.
((Assuming he notices, of course.
...How did Steve not notice Grate making the pill?))

((Huh. How do they cheat, or is that spoilers?
((Who, the Tyranids? A few ways. I was referring to their ability to incorporate the DNa of things they fight into new 'nids; they can also make more soldiers from the corpses of the dead on both sides, including more "grunt troops" (capable of killing a typical soldier easily) than the enemy is likely to have bullets as well as large numbers of soldiers capable of soloing tanks with ease, plus they have a hive mind so strong it messes with WH40k's magic. And there's probably other stuff I'm forgetting.))
incorporate the DNa of things they fight
This will go extremely poorly for them.
((Oh?))

And thats all I'm gonna say on the matter since Jim appears to be cracking his knuckles in my general direction.
((Just bring back Grate Mk. III for a bit.))

((I'd visit quantum vengeance upon Stephen Hawking, but I can't think of an IC justification.))
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:43:32 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21944 on: December 18, 2013, 05:38:12 pm »

GreatWyrmGold's Patented IC-Exclusive Post

That was fun. Say, can we get that pill machine back?
No, we are NOT doing that again.
"My machine! Um, I bought it from the one guy, and I got a gun, and I went to kill the amp guy, and everything exploded, and I woke up, please don't hurt me Mister Minimotor..."
"Oh god, you don't even remember. Listen, what you did was very bad and destructive, so if you ever feel like doing something like this again, just don't. Or ask the AM first. Oh, and it's Miyamoto. Mi-ya-mo-to. Or just Miya."
Tell the Grate what happened, then release him, sans pill machine.
"Okay, Mister Miya..."
Grate listens, with the previous Grates speaking up every so often.
"Okay...can I have the pill machine back? Pretty please? I promise I won't put anything I don't understand in it without asking a bunch of people first. Pretty please? I paid for it and everything!"

Plead with Miya. Once that is resolved, locate someone in charge or repairing stuff and ask them what I can do to help. If they don't give me a job, find another repairperson and repeat the process until I find something helpful to do.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:42:55 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 ... 2101