_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1458 1459 [1460] 1461 1462 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933526 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: OSHA nightmares
« Reply #21885 on: December 17, 2013, 10:20:05 pm »

((No, I was referring to the Altered. I know the Nids don't really cheat beyond adapting moderately well for a species of their caliber and having an apparent shit ton of numbers, plus attacking an Imperium that can't muster a force to attack them. If the Imperium didn't have everyone else in the setting ragging on them they'd kick the shit out of the Nids.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21886 on: December 17, 2013, 10:21:01 pm »

Look around, then go to the briefing room... again. Try to figure out what happened. Volunteer to be on the mission ((going to nod/shake my head if asked, regarding communcation style)) if anyone asks or explains what's going on.

((I want to go on Lar's team strange as it sounds. I can explain why if asked. my secondary pick would be Simus's team. I can work with being on any of them though.))
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:53:00 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21887 on: December 17, 2013, 10:35:15 pm »

((No, I was referring to the Altered. I know the Nids don't really cheat beyond adapting moderately well for a species of their caliber and having an apparent shit ton of numbers, plus attacking an Imperium that can't muster a force to attack them. If the Imperium didn't have everyone else in the setting ragging on them they'd kick the shit out of the Nids.))
((Really, if the Imperium only had one enemy, they would win all their wars. Or at least most of them. That being said, the Eldar and Tau don't really count as enemies, per se. More like neutrals. I may have been reading Dan Abnett Recently))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21888 on: December 17, 2013, 11:02:30 pm »

Cool, let me know when we can get to work Steve. I'm going to go take a look at the blackship damage in the mean time.

Head to the blackship, start up the ship computer and get a damage report

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21889 on: December 18, 2013, 12:10:39 am »

((They adapt really well, and there are a crapton of them. They attack planets with literally enough "troops" that the defenders run out of bullets, plus things like quiet invisible giants (lichtors) and really frakking big ones (??), plus 'nids with all sorts of weapons. They can recycle their dead, the enemy's dead, and the local wild- and plant life into more troops. They devastate planets quickly, and their warp presence prevents interstellar communications and travel; by the time they get checked on, the planet is long dead. And their total numbers...well, their fleets are on the scale of galaxies. The Imperium would have a huge problem dealing with Tyranids, even without everything else. They would survive for a while, but eventually they would almost certainly die if they didn't get some absolutely incredible new tech or the Emperor to wake up again.

In other words, they're a bit above average in terms of threat to the Imperium. The WH40k 'verse sucks.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21890 on: December 18, 2013, 12:15:43 am »

((The Altered's cheating may be due to tactics such as:))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:28:46 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21891 on: December 18, 2013, 12:17:42 am »

((May isn't "synthetic", by the way. She just has prosthetic arms and legs (painted white like her skin) since she was torso'd in China-9, if I recall correctly.

And I really wish I have time enough to have Milno poke much more tech.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21892 on: December 18, 2013, 12:22:51 am »

((Oh shit. I just thought of something horrible.

What if the Altered got Grate?

Seriously, he is effectively an infinite supply of biomass, and they turn biomass into themselves ._.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21893 on: December 18, 2013, 12:29:28 am »

Seriously, he is effectively an infinite supply of biomass, and they turn biomass into themselves ._.))
((...Crap. You just gave piecewise an idea.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21894 on: December 18, 2013, 12:29:36 am »

((Tell the Doctor. This could be quite !!FUN!!))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21895 on: December 18, 2013, 12:34:18 am »

((Come to think of it...Scratch the Altered, we need to keep Xan away from Grate.))
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21896 on: December 18, 2013, 12:44:04 am »

((They adapt really well, and there are a crapton of them. They attack planets with literally enough "troops" that the defenders run out of bullets, plus things like quiet invisible giants (lichtors) and really frakking big ones (??), plus 'nids with all sorts of weapons. They can recycle their dead, the enemy's dead, and the local wild- and plant life into more troops. They devastate planets quickly, and their warp presence prevents interstellar communications and travel; by the time they get checked on, the planet is long dead. And their total numbers...well, their fleets are on the scale of galaxies. The Imperium would have a huge problem dealing with Tyranids, even without everything else. They would survive for a while, but eventually they would almost certainly die if they didn't get some absolutely incredible new tech or the Emperor to wake up again.

In other words, they're a bit above average in terms of threat to the Imperium. The WH40k 'verse sucks.))
((Except not all that much really. All the current Tyranid Hive Fleets are either destroyed or preoccupied right now. Behemoth got smashed at Maccrage; sure they devastated the planet, but the Imperium's on such a massive scale that even the chapter world of the smurfs is replaceable - they recovered, after all. I forget how exactly Kraken died, but IIRC it split into a bunch of tiny fleets that either starved to death in transit between worlds or died whenever they hit any resistance - hell, the frikkin Tau managed to kill a Hive Fleet! And Leviathan got all tied up in fighting the Orks thanks to Kryptmann, which actually isn't the dumb move a lot of people seem to think it was considering that if they really wanted to, the Eldar or a Necron dynasty or someone with access to sun busting tech could go to Octarius and make the sun go supernova, wiping out that particular threat. Even if we do accept the conjecture that the Nids have galaxy sized fleets, that really only equals into several thousand fleets at most. Sure, the Imperium would take heavy losses, but if every other faction stopped attacking them and let them recover for a bit they'd kick the crap out of the bugs from space.
But that's a bit too off topic for me right now.

...oh you mean in the quantum cloning sense. That wouldn't make a meaningful difference I think.

Empiricist, that doesn't really seem to be cheating. S'what shapeshifting creatures do in an assault.))

((Come to think of it...Scratch the Altered, we need to keep Xan away from Grate.))
((Well now you gave me the idea.
Hell, it could work, though I don't really need it what with the kitchens.))
Sig! Onol

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21897 on: December 18, 2013, 12:47:30 am »

((So, we can infer from that point, the Altered absorb biomass at an incredible rate, something the Tyranids cannot do. The Altered could literally just absorb them on the run, as in, suck them in like some giant fleshy vacuum cleaner. Out evolve that suckers!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21898 on: December 18, 2013, 12:49:08 am »

((If you accept the no limits fallacy of them evolving counters enough you can apparently believe that they can become immune to the Halo effect.
Someday I will be able to doublethink to such an extent.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21899 on: December 18, 2013, 12:51:33 am »

((Except not all that much really. All the current Tyranid Hive Fleets are either destroyed or preoccupied right now. Behemoth got smashed at Maccrage; sure they devastated the planet, but the Imperium's on such a massive scale that even the chapter world of the smurfs is replaceable - they recovered, after all. I forget how exactly Kraken died, but IIRC it split into a bunch of tiny fleets that either starved to death in transit between worlds or died whenever they hit any resistance - hell, the frikkin Tau managed to kill a Hive Fleet! And Leviathan got all tied up in fighting the Orks thanks to Kryptmann, which actually isn't the dumb move a lot of people seem to think it was considering that if they really wanted to, the Eldar or a Necron dynasty or someone with access to sun busting tech could go to Octarius and make the sun go supernova, wiping out that particular threat. Even if we do accept the conjecture that the Nids have galaxy sized fleets, that really only equals into several thousand fleets at most. Sure, the Imperium would take heavy losses, but if every other faction stopped attacking them and let them recover for a bit they'd kick the crap out of the bugs from space.
But that's a bit too off topic for me right now.
((And there are trillions more where they came from. It's all just a drop in the bucket. And um...how big of galaxies are you imagining?))

...oh you mean in the quantum cloning sense. That wouldn't make a meaningful difference I think.
((It depends on how fast the clones form. 50 kilograms of biomass, several times a second, makes for an impressive rush.))

((Well now you gave me the idea.
Hell, it could work, though I don't really need it what with the kitchens.))
((Like that makes me feel better. "I don't need an infinite supply of biomass until I get cut off from the kitchens or they run out of food."))

((So, we can infer from that point, the Altered absorb biomass at an incredible rate, something the Tyranids cannot do. The Altered could literally just absorb them on the run, as in, suck them in like some giant fleshy vacuum cleaner. Out evolve that suckers!))
((One of the Tyranids' secondary schticks is copying the tricks of their enemies. Drop a lump of Altered flesh into one of their digester pods, and they'll start making Tyranids that have the same quick-biomass-absorbing properties as the Altered, plus the Tyranids' other tricks.))

((Which makes me wonder...who would fare worse if the UVM and the Imperium had a number of portals connecting the two universes?))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1458 1459 [1460] 1461 1462 ... 2101