_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457] 1458 1459 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931678 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: OSHA nightmares
« Reply #21840 on: December 17, 2013, 11:24:03 am »

(Ugh. I think I'm going to have to drop RPing Jim as a character and just only post actions in response to Piecewise/turns. There's too many people to keep track of, too much OOC chaff to wade through to even figure out what's going on, most of the thread's activity is while I'm at work... I just don't have the time or the patience to try to figure out what anyone else is doing or if anyone is trying to talk to Jim anymore. :\)
((I'm sorry to hear that. Do you want to appoint an official Jim-RPer, so Feyri and the others aren't deprived of their Jim?))

((I'm about to become a living Organo-tissue dominator psychokinetic amp.))
((...You're turning into space-magic.
Who wants to take bets on hos long it takes for him to accidentally himself and/or everyone around him?))
((Looking through the thread and found this. Kinda hilarious considering what Grate did soon after :P))
((Yes, it is. The trope page has a new trope.))

"Need amps. Where are they stored?"
((Quick question. Do you understand that May is a probably-nude creepy synthetic woman with...attributes like a caricature of a fertility goddess? And maybe some stuff I've forgotten?))

((Not really. The majority of the players are staying aboard the Sword as normal, and participating in ARM operations. Me and a few other players that I decide are going to stay here on Hephaestus and manage ARM's resources and technological development. It'll be like we're on an extended-duration mission.
((Which reminds me, what are your thoughts on letting Grate stay?))

((Chuck me some amps why don't you?))
((Quick question. Do you understand that amps are implanted thingies put into one's brain, and therefore not something that one should be chucking about wantonly? Or that most people have sufficient access to to chuck about wantonly?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21841 on: December 17, 2013, 11:32:09 am »

((My thoughts, whatever they may count for, are that Grate is infinitely more likely to cause less catastrophic damage if he is A) as far away from potential random annihilation artifacts as possible, and B) not put into a position where he would have to contemplate his combat uselessness.

I'd say that being away from the Sword's Nyars and Armory is good for the first point, and staying on a planet with lots of targets for applied handiwork (and little in the way of direct combat) is good for the second.

Plus, we'll be staying in objective time. It'd be a chance for him to literally grow up a bit. :P ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21842 on: December 17, 2013, 11:33:06 am »

((My thoughts, whatever they may count for, are that Grate is infinitely more likely to cause less catastrophic damage if he is A) as far away from potential random annihilation artifacts as possible, and B) not put into a position where he would have to contemplate his combat uselessness.
((...Thanks?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21843 on: December 17, 2013, 11:35:18 am »

((...Thanks?))
((I could have Jack try and train grate how to use at least basic weapons like my laser or gunpowder rifle. Preferably in VR first.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21844 on: December 17, 2013, 11:41:09 am »

((...Thanks?))
((You're welcome. ^_^

Seriously though, the latest bit with the runaway amp disaster is the only argument against him staying. On every other front, Hephaestus is a much better place to be for him - both for him, and for the ARM. You're asking for thoughts, I provide 'em.

Though I'm sure that even from an entirely different standpoint, Anton would be glad - if confused - to have Grate around. :)

I should perhaps point out that IC, he still doesn't know that Grate survived yet. Or, well, not "survived", exactly, but eh. At any rate, he'd be relieved, but somewhat alarmed and highly curious. He's still not sure whether or not the first time he's seen Grate die-and-not-die was a hallucination.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21845 on: December 17, 2013, 11:52:47 am »

((And it just occurred to me that Grate would be ideal for repairing dangerous bits of machinery. It's just like the 19th century mills...))
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21846 on: December 17, 2013, 11:59:37 am »

((Grate is the new Doritos.

Crunch all you want; we'll make more!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21847 on: December 17, 2013, 12:27:20 pm »

(Ugh. I think I'm going to have to drop RPing Jim as a character and just only post actions in response to Piecewise/turns. There's too many people to keep track of, too much OOC chaff to wade through to even figure out what's going on, most of the thread's activity is while I'm at work... I just don't have the time or the patience to try to figure out what anyone else is doing or if anyone is trying to talk to Jim anymore. :\)
((I'm sorry to hear that. Do you want to appoint an official Jim-RPer, so Feyri and the others aren't deprived of their Jim?))

(No, I do not. Who do I really even interact with these days besides Lenglon/Lyra anyway? I don't think Jim and Feyri have said a word to each other in weeks of real-time, Jim and Grate spoke only once or twice, and...? I guess Miyamoto sometimes asks Jim a question, but that's about it really. He's usually only doing it to be polite since I'm not exactly a good leader and his plans are better anyway. Lenglon still has Tiruin at least. No one is going to be put out.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21848 on: December 17, 2013, 12:37:05 pm »

(No, I do not. Who do I really even interact with these days besides Lenglon/Lyra anyway? I don't think Jim and Feyri have said a word to each other in weeks of real-time, Jim and Grate spoke only once or twice, and...? I guess Miyamoto sometimes asks Jim a question, but that's about it really. He's usually only doing it to be polite since I'm not exactly a good leader and his plans are better anyway. Lenglon still has Tiruin at least. No one is going to be put out.)
((That's only until the downtime starts, SC. Once the Sword is done being in danger and gets back to traipsing the galaxy for targets of strategic or scientific importance, I'm sure there will be a lot of time and opportunity for character interactions.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21849 on: December 17, 2013, 12:44:20 pm »

((Einsteinian Roulette: Where Roleplaying increases in direct proportion to Danger))
Sig

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21850 on: December 17, 2013, 12:46:28 pm »

"Need amps. Where are they stored?"
((Quick question. Do you understand that May is a probably-nude creepy synthetic woman with...attributes like a caricature of a fertility goddess? And maybe some stuff I've forgotten?))
((And my character is a mostly asexual transhumanist.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21851 on: December 17, 2013, 01:11:15 pm »

((That's only until the downtime starts, SC. Once the Sword is done being in danger and gets back to traipsing the galaxy for targets of strategic or scientific importance, I'm sure there will be a lot of time and opportunity for character interactions.))

(Um...)

(Ugh. I think I'm going to have to drop RPing Jim as a character and just only post actions in response to Piecewise/turns. There's too many people to keep track of, too much OOC chaff to wade through to even figure out what's going on, most of the thread's activity is while I'm at work... I just don't have the time or the patience to try to figure out what anyone else is doing or if anyone is trying to talk to Jim anymore.)

(Did you miss that part, Sean?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21852 on: December 17, 2013, 01:30:36 pm »

(Um...)

(Ugh. I think I'm going to have to drop RPing Jim as a character and just only post actions in response to Piecewise/turns. There's too many people to keep track of, too much OOC chaff to wade through to even figure out what's going on, most of the thread's activity is while I'm at work... I just don't have the time or the patience to try to figure out what anyone else is doing or if anyone is trying to talk to Jim anymore.)

(Did you miss that part, Sean?)
((No I did not, but people would still want to talk to Jim, given that he's a leader at the very least. Since you're abandoning the cause of following Jim's roleplaying aspects, and don't want to have a designated replacement roleplayer for the purpose on account of assuming that people aren't talking to Jim often enough anyway, I saw it fit to point out that the latest events made talking and socializing problematic, and that you can expect a lot more talking in the future once the mission schedule settles back in.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21853 on: December 17, 2013, 01:35:38 pm »

Just keep wandering. Might find something or meet someone.

You follow the signs down the hall and end up at a crossroads of sorts. There's a lab one way, and an armory the other. Hmm. These halls seem fairly empty right now...except for that guy dancing around a fire in the middle of the hall in the direction of the armory. You wonder why he's doing that...and yet you're not entirely sure you want to go find out.

Continue transformation.

((Hey PW, how badly could that have gone if I hadn't informed everyone?))

I'm not useful in anything but killing people and I probably shouldn't be seen by anyone until I get better at this shapeshifting thing.

((THEY'RE IN THE VENTS MAN! THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALLS, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE GODDAMN WALLS!))

This is gonna take a bit. Dragons are large, even if you're more turning into a giant Komodo Dragon.

As before, I'm volunteering for repair/survey duty. Does the Repair Pit still need to be examined? If so, can I get that rad suit and get to work?

And I take it if I want the blackship soon, I'll have to fix the hull damage myself?

... and is someone going to go look for that guy that got stuck in the basements?

Chat at Steve, volunteer for repair/survey damage duty.

(( Also, to save time later PW, could I get a price check on selling my Manipulator and refilling my advanced kit? ))

>Gonna get the survey team to take care of the shipyard pit, and Miyamoto's combat squads are gonna take care of the underground. We'll give them the tools to cut their way in for now. Before I was worried about minimizing damage to the structure but, eh, it's a bit late for that.

And yeah, if you want it to have priority you'll have to do it yourself. Otherwise I'm just gonna send you where the Maintenance teams need you.

Mwahahaha! Burn motherfucker! You burn like everything else.
Take a victory shot of some random fun looking alcohol.
Then find a medical looking person, make them attach the scalp to my head.
Then, if there is still a mission to recover that person from the amp overload, volunteer for that.
If not then join the repair team.

Looks like you'll want to join up with Miyamoto's Combat Ops team. "Big guns and Small life spans." is their motto.

((Just going to paint the APC. Probably take a few tries though.))

"I'm just going to go my APC. So if anyone needs me, they can find me there."

first get a whole bunch of vehicle pain then head over to the APC.

You walk over to the APC and proceed to slam the driver's side door on your hand a half dozen times

"AAAAAAAAA THE VEHICLE PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!"

((Whew. That only took three months. Now then:))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Crawl out of stasis pod. Cough up goo in lungs, put on clothes. Observe surroundings.
You get roughly ejected from your pod, roughly injected into your clothing and then wander around dark, emergency light lit halls looking for someone. You find a naked man standing at an intersection. He's watching a crazed man in a space suit dance around an alcohol fire down on the other side of a hallway.

Seems fine.
"Eep! Mister Minimotor, what are you doing? ...And how did I get here?"
""I don't know how, or even why, but somehow you just caused more damage to the Sword and your teammates than anyone before, yet you also survived the AM somehow. So unless you want me to put you in a locker and weld it shut, you will now tell me everything you remember. For starters, what did you do with this thing he said, as he showed him the pill machine.
That reminded him:

Quote from:  To Milno
Hey Milno, if you have the time could you come over to the hangar and see if your technology gauntlet can tell us anything about this pill machine? It's not urgent though, it can wait.

Jim and Miyamoto, you and your combat teams are gonna be doing a combination sweep of the area and planning offensive positions. This planet is too important for them to just use planet killers to wipe us out. They're gonna try and come in and retake the facilities. We have to make sure they can't do that.
Team leaders, choose your teams. We'll equip you once you're ready.
((Damn, with SC not posting a lot, this could be problematic organisation-wise.
Lenglon, you still controlling Jim?

On the other hand, ARMCHAIR STRATEGIST POWERS ACTIVATE.))

"Hey Steve, what about that guy still stuck down in the tunnels? What team should go get him out? Cause I don't feel like leaving a man behind, even if the chance that he's still alive rather low. Should the surveillance team do this, or can Jim do it while I sweep above ground?

Speaking of which, why do we need a combat team? I thought all opposition was taken care of by now. And do you want us to plan the defense for the whole planet? Or is this the only viable invasion point? And since we have at least a whole year to plan and prepare, aren't there other more pressing matters now to assign manpower to?
Oh, and how many people can we take in total? Just two teams, or can we have more?"

Question Grate, let him go once he has answered. Put broken pill machine in locker for now, or give it to Milno for testing. Then questions for Steve. See if I can get some crewmember to repair my leg.

Also, previous turn I got a (3+1) for int. shouldn't that be (3+1+1) due to Avatar bonus? And would this influence the quality of the C4?

He then opens general comms:

"Crew, Miyamoto here. I'm sure you all heard Steve just now. So if anyone wants to join the combat teams to do a general sweep and help with planning the defense, send a wristpad message to me. Newbies are welcome, but I won't be taking only rookies of course."

Yeah, assume you got normal c4 and your leg is fixed and blah blah expedite the mission process.

And yeah, part of the sweep performed by combat teams is of the area where that shit went down. You can't really join em though, so make sure to send some people you trust, when it comes to it.

find AM, ask how much it would cost to get an impact gel lining for my exosuit that will prevent fall damage.

Also ask steve about prototyping a heavy hardpoint.

Head to hangar and begin poking at my hovertrolley with a screwdriver, dynamic dismantling bonus get.

She's not in the Armory and no where else you can see.

>That sort of thing is gonna be handled by Simus here soon enough, so we'll wait for that.

I'm assuming you're gonna try and take it apart to get at the hover bits? Those only really work over metallic surfaces and have a limited time span, remember.

How long am I dead?
Not any more. I think I had something about you waking up in the infirmary with a sweet new scar at some point? Eh, whatever, you're alive and around.

"Urgghhh. Assholes."

Walk/crawl/whatever over to the medbay and see if they've got anything for amp overuse. Then rest brain.
Really, you just have to wait a while. You'll be fine by the time these missions start, so feel free to volunteer.

Though it's the team leaders choosing, remember.

... Overseer of the planet. Interesting opportunity you're extending to me, it would certainly be my biggest project yet. I could make it work, I think, even with the mess Grate's left me to work with.

I accept.

Anyone who wishes to voluntarily stay with me, don't bother asking yet, we've got a job to do first. Find me afterwards.

Speaking of the job, Anton, you're with me for more technical assistance, especially on the software side of things. You too, Bishop. Flint, I need you and Gilgamesh, and that mining laser if you still have it, to help clear away debris. And you too, Auron. All of you take care of anything you need to do before we go, and meet me in the hanger. We've got a lot of work ahead of us sorting this out.

And Xan, I found and took care of that Xantling you released. Please don't do that again.

Go to the Hanger to await the arrival of the rest of the team.
You choose your team and walk out to the hanger, waiting for them to join you.

Simus team:
Anton
Bishop
Flint
Auron

((@piecewise: Milno had concentrated for the Willpower dynamic bonus back then, though judging by the alien nature of the glove, I can always try again.

@Miyamoto: I don't believe I've ever mentioned the glove's abilities IC, though I may be wrong.))

"Understood." Milno answers upon being informed of what needs to be done. "You heard him. Pancaek, you can go with the survey team. I don't think Flint'll be jealous since he'll be with Simus." From then on, the remaining choice is slightly harder since Faith seems to be on robo-drugs and Thomas is probably on drugs and missing an arm... And he's considering either doing a sweep of his own or joining one of the teams on a whim. "Thomas, as soon as you get re-limbed, join the crazy preacher's team."

Poke the MkIII armor itself with the alien gauntlet. If the teams begin leaving, make a quick solo sweep around the ship for any witnesses to the Class III events.

[Will:1+1]
Blah.

No one in this ship is dangerous as a witness. Mostly because steve can go all Chinese fire wall on their attempts to update their live journal about this. It's people outside the ship that are dangerous.

OUTSIDERS! UNCLEAN!

((What? No, it's referencing the manipulators/amps. They were the savior of the father (the UWM in the Altered Wars, likely via literal deals with Outer God-like beings that power the things), but they'll be the enemy of the son (ARM). Doc's gonna bring back the Altered to fight off whatever horrible gribbly happens like if the AM turns evil or something, or for the endgame.
Am I close here, PW?
Also while I'm at it, how would the Flood from those Halo games do against the Altered?
))
I can neither confirm nor deny your crazy ass theories.

Poorly. The Altered cheat. Remember, the ones in that VR sim are heavily toned  down for the sake of making the game beatable.

((What?
((Hey, could you describe the look on your face when you read that?))

No, it's referencing the manipulators/amps. They were the savior of the father (the UWM in the Altered Wars, likely via literal deals with Outer God-like beings that power the things), but they'll be the enemy of the son (ARM). Doc's gonna bring back the Altered to fight off whatever horrible gribbly happens like if the AM turns evil or something, or for the endgame.
That makes...some sense. And maybe the Doc is one of those critters?

Also while I'm at it, how would the Flood from those Halo games do against the Altered?))
Or the Tyranids of WH40k?

The Tyranids would also probably do poorly. Again, The Altered cheat.

Go do whatever Simus wants me to do.

....Kinky.

You join her in the hanger, ready to go.

Teal, hearing the massive outcry from Steve, decided to head to the Briefing room.

Already he saw the crew lined up against the far wall, captains choosing teams.

He got this.

Stand in line! Don't be picked last! Be a Team Player!

You attempt to look helpful, though in reality you'll probably just be drafted into Combat OPS.

Speaking of the job, Anton, you're with me for more technical assistance, especially on the software side of things.

Anton stops, sighs, and turns around. It's been happening rather too often lately. "Aye, XO. Executive Overseer now, heh.

Say, can anyone loan me some tokens? Or a used Mark Three? I have a feeling I won't be able to keep up unless I strap some rockets to me rollerskates, and I don't remember that working out well for anyone.
"

Join Simus' crew. Check if the Armory is open at all right now, in case I need to make a purchase.

Remind Auron to make a decision on the Gungnir. Either I pay him back three token and get the conversion kit plus saber back, or he pays me for the saber and keeps the whole thing.

((I mean, seriously. Simus has rocket pods. Gilgamesh has rocket pods. Bishop is in a Mark 3. Only me and whoever has the mining exosuit are incapable of rapid transit. Speaking of which, I can't remember anymore. Was it Flint or Auron who bought Gilgamesh?))

Well, the armory master isn't there now, but if you really want to buy something, I'm sure steve could go grab it from the back for you. Assuming it's standard, obviously.

You join up with Simus.
"Alright. Just give me a moment to get a toolkit or something from the armoury and I'll be right with you."

Go borrow a full toolkit, a datapad and some interfacing cords for plugging in the datapad into whatever computers I come across from the AM. Pay for it if I must. Then go follow Simus to wherever she's going.
Don't worry, you're gonna get some tools before you leave. As soon as Simus and crew are ready to head out, I'll give them their final instructions and have someone bring around a big box of shit for them to use.
((Wait, is HMRC or whatever it's called now splitting? Dammit, shouldn't have joined blind.))

((Not really. The majority of the players are staying aboard the Sword as normal, and participating in ARM operations. Me and a few other players that I decide are going to stay here on Hephaestus and manage ARM's resources and technological development. It'll be like we're on an extended-duration mission.

You don't really have much to worry about it, it's just a few players getting to take an extended break from normal operations (though there might be some missions branching off for us, especially with what Grate did) and getting to decide on what equipment the rest of the players will have access to, though I think that the stuff in the armory will stay (it's implied that the Sword has thousands of those items aboard, at the least), and we just provide new stuff.))

(This isn't happening yet, but yeah, once that whole "Defend the planet" thing is done, it will)

"You heard him. Pancaek, you can go with the survey team. I don't think Flint'll be jealous since he'll be with Simus."

"Not that I have any complaints against going with them, chief, but I'm not exactly as mobile as some of them." He gestures towards his robo-body "You get what you see, which doesn't include rockets or anything fancy. If that isn't a problem, I've got no objections to joining the survey team"

If my limited mobility is not a problem, join the survey team per Milno's command

You slip in with simus' team as "Negative PR Liaison", along with a metal briefcase you were given for the occasion.

Lars bows to Saint Milno.  "Brother Thomas is welcome to join us, Saint Milno."

Lars team so far:

Lars
Charles
Thomas
Stacy

Did I miss anyone?

Your team should head out to the ground level using the Cage elevator (the cage being the structure the Sword is suspended in right now). Steve will direct you from there.

Alright so duties are basically breaking up like this:

Simus Team:
Survey the remains of the base, mark out dangerous areas, follow steve's instructions to check vital stuff and repair or stabilize if damaged but not destroyed. (THIS IS NOT THE GROUP STAYING ON PLANET PERMANENTLY. THAT'S LATER. The reason Simus is doing this is so she can get a bit more familiar with the locale though.)
Goodies:
Big ass box of Repair tools, climbing gear, Rad Suits for the pit, various sensors, etc.

Lars team:
Head down to the ground floor and then follow steve's instructions to find and rescue the pockets of survivors that he can detect.
Goodies:
Some gear to aid in getting into hard to reach places and cutting people free, as well as first aid stuff.

Miyamoto and Jim's Combat OPS:
Take care of the AMP overload downstairs
Sweep the area around the base
Plan for defense of base
Head down to the ground level with Lar's team when ready.
Goodies:
Mostly just a device for getting into the lower parts of the base from ground level. That and a few Flamethrowers.

Everyone else:
Repair duty on the sword. Once all the other missions are underway, you'll be sent to help various Sword Crew teams in repairs.

Simus Team, when ready to leave, go here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123854.0

Combat ops Team, when ready to leave, go here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.0

Lars team, When You're ready to leave: Say so, but we're keeping you in this tread.

Repair team: same, stay here.

Joker Team: Follow milno's orders and head out with your respective teams. Check the briefcase you get for orders.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21854 on: December 17, 2013, 01:38:46 pm »

Go looking for whoever in charge since I'm not sure where they are right now.
Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457] 1458 1459 ... 2101