_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1442 1443 [1444] 1445 1446 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934923 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: OSHA nightmares
« Reply #21645 on: December 15, 2013, 10:35:15 am »

((I vote we rename Grate Napoleon.))
((Why?))
((He is saying Napoleon had an inferiority complex, due to his height.))
((His cripplingly short 5'7" height, above average for the day and only mocked because of a unit conversion issue due to him being slightly over five French feet in height, and said French feet being about 20% longer if my calculations aren't off.))
((Nice insult. >_>))
((...how did I/we insult people?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21646 on: December 15, 2013, 12:21:16 pm »

Anton looks around the place, admiring his new extremities. He gets off the bed and stretches a little.

"Well, crisis is a crisis. Limb replacement break over, back to work."

Correlate with, and assist, any active groups performing damage assessment and repair in the ex-HMRC quarters of the Sword.

Attempt not to fall due to rollerblade feet too much.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21647 on: December 15, 2013, 01:10:33 pm »

Help anyway I can. Or at least stay out of the way and do not harm anybody.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #21648 on: December 15, 2013, 03:15:42 pm »

((Oops.))

Shift into a form more suited for battle. A dragon would be nice.

Quote from: Xan->All teammates, Doc, AM, Steve
A part of me just gained sentience before scuttling off somewhere. We should go hunt it down before it gets to some flesh reserves and starts growing.
Someone should shut down the food intake thing for now.

"You'd think we could go a ####ing hour without ####ing incidents."

Go hunt the abomination of science this Xan created.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21649 on: December 15, 2013, 03:17:38 pm »

((OK so question for Radio and Pancaek. Will STEPHEN HAWKING get access to the pill machine after you confiscate it? Considering he is literally the only person to have suggested a practical, not completely retarded use for it so far :P))
((I'm not sure what I'll have Miya do with the pill machine after he's done questioning Grate. If GWG really wants it back I may just give it back ,though that would make no sense whatsoever IC. And giving it back to Stacy would be weird too, since he gave that thing to a damn child after all. Maybe he'll just hang onto it and loan it out to people when they want to experiment, but with some ground rules laid out first. I dunno, I'm a bit torn between doing the logical thing IC and not screwing players over OOC.))

((I vote we rename Grate Napoleon.))
((Why?))
((He is saying Napoleon had an inferiority complex, due to his height.))
(Nope.  Also, your understanding of quantum mechanics is... flawed.)
((To be fair, even physics professors' understanding of quantum mechanics is flawed, seeing as how we, as a species, know so little about it.))

"I guess, I'm just on an errand for the chief, you know, on account of him being too fat to walk in these halls. You'd have to ask him what he's planning to do with it. "
((He's not fat, he's just big-boned! Also several tons of pure muscle and armor. That too.))
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:28:48 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21650 on: December 15, 2013, 03:29:12 pm »

((I'm not sure what I'll have miya do with the pill machine after he's done questioning Grate. If GWG really wants it back I may just give it back ,though that would make no sense whatsoever IC. And giving it back to Stacy would be weird too, since he gave that thing to a damn child after all. Maybe he'll just hang onto it and loan it out to people when they ant to experiment, but with some ground rules laid out first. I dunno, I'm a bit torn between doing the logical thing IC and not screwing players over OOC.))

((Only thing I've got in mind to try right now is to throw some bluesmokes into it, see what happens. But yeah, probably shouldn't give it to Stacy. He won't even mind in all likelihood as long as you let him have limited access.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21651 on: December 15, 2013, 03:29:24 pm »

((Speaking of which, isn't it possible for the Avatar's user to separate from the machine?

I mean, given the propensity of the local populace to lose their whole bodies to robotics, it would have been much simpler to install the user's brain box into the Avatar directly. So the user must be able to disconnect.

All he needs is a mobility rig to help him move. Kind of a semi-selfpropelled hemi-exosuit, basically just power legs holding up a form-fitting torso chassis with basic armor and support systems.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21652 on: December 15, 2013, 03:36:30 pm »

((Speaking of which, isn't it possible for the Avatar's user to separate from the machine?

I mean, given the propensity of the local populace to lose their whole bodies to robotics, it would have been much simpler to install the user's brain box into the Avatar directly. So the user must be able to disconnect.

All he needs is a mobility rig to help him move. Kind of a semi-selfpropelled hemi-exosuit, basically just power legs holding up a form-fitting torso chassis with basic armor and support systems.))

((Yeah, it's funny how Miya has retained more of his physical body than even the people that are full robot. Make you wonder why they didn't just install the brain box inside the armor, especially since the chance of pilot dying before Avatar would be lower (smaller vulnerable organic target after all).

About that moving: probably, but remember Miya has a load of tubes and other stuff sticking out of him right now, so any system needs to be adjusted for that.))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21653 on: December 15, 2013, 03:51:12 pm »

((Whew. That only took three months. Now then:))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:27:38 pm by swordsmith04 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21654 on: December 15, 2013, 03:55:19 pm »

((Whew. That only took three months. Now then:))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Heya there, glad to have you on board! Did you read all of it before joining? All three threads? Cause if yes, kudos to you, it's a hella long read ain't it?
Well, let's hope you survive for a while (no really, it's an accomplishment  :P ))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21655 on: December 15, 2013, 03:59:04 pm »

((Yeah, that's what the 'three months' thing was about. Definitely worth the time I spent reading it, though.
I am well aware of the casualty rate in ARM, hence why the character is called 'good luck'. :P ))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #21656 on: December 15, 2013, 04:30:17 pm »

((OK so question for Radio and Pancaek. Will STEPHEN HAWKING get access to the pill machine after you confiscate it? Considering he is literally the only person to have suggested a practical, not completely retarded use for it so far :P))
((I'm not sure what I'll have Miya do with the pill machine after he's done questioning Grate. If GWG really wants it back I may just give it back ,though that would make no sense whatsoever IC. And giving it back to Stacy would be weird too, since he gave that thing to a damn child after all. Maybe he'll just hang onto it and loan it out to people when they want to experiment, but with some ground rules laid out first. I dunno, I'm a bit torn between doing the logical thing IC and not screwing players over OOC.))

((You could leave it here on Hephaestus. Speaking of, I'm fairly sure that I've decided to stay. Anyone want to join me?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21657 on: December 15, 2013, 04:45:17 pm »

((You could leave it here on Hephaestus. Speaking of, I'm fairly sure that I've decided to stay. Anyone want to join me?))
((I know Anton wouldn't mind, except he'd be torn between staying to rebuild and maybe get some of his ideas into mass production, and remaining on the Sword to be a part of the Engineering Corps and be a more direct help to the people in the field, especially now that there are people he's come to consider comrades.

Plus the whole mortality thing, but I'm fairly certain that he wouldn't mind eventual full roboticization in order to overcome that obstacle.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21658 on: December 15, 2013, 05:03:39 pm »

Plus the whole mortality thing, but I'm fairly certain that he wouldn't mind eventual full roboticization in order to overcome that obstacle.))

((He seems to be going for the piecemeal approach right now, anyway.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #21659 on: December 15, 2013, 05:04:50 pm »

((I'll put it the way PW put it to me, sans technical concerns (threads and whatnot, we may be getting a dedicated engineering thread). That is to say, I'm going to quote him directly.

Overseeing Hephaestus would entail choosing the technological path for ARM equipment to follow, deciding which systems get researched and built, managing the planet in general.
You're not removed from the game so much as on a very extended mission or series of missions. It's not like you can't talk to people on the sword (assuming it's not in a jump) or that the sword will never be back to that planet. I'm almost certain it's gonna get shot up at some point and be back for repairs.

I won't lie to you, it will change things, but you're not being cut from the team.
As per cut off from missions; don't bet on it. Shit is gonna happen in those years, especially now with the damage grate caused to reality. You'll probably have many opportunities to do first hand missions, should you want to.

((He seems to be going for the piecemeal approach right now, anyway.))

Yeah. Sooner or later, I think Anton's going to end up completely robotized. And I don't think he'd mind.))
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 05:07:50 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 1442 1443 [1444] 1445 1446 ... 2101