_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1435 1436 [1437] 1438 1439 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935137 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: OSHA nightmares
« Reply #21540 on: December 14, 2013, 03:07:30 pm »

((Looks like the reusable test subject is still functional.))
Charles gazes outside, aghast, before promptly dismissing it as yet another hallucination.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Team Killer edition
« Reply #21541 on: December 14, 2013, 03:12:44 pm »

Check on the important things: Namely, the felafel ingredients and status of the kitchen.

((...You are an IDIOT. Okay, maybe that's a bit harsh, but your statement grates so much with reality.
Three Mile Island--the incident I referred to, and a decent parallel since the AM is quarantining this pretty well--was not a meltdown, it was merely close to one. As for nuclear power in general, it does not "kill tons of people". All the deaths from nuclear power plants have been from the two, count them two, meltdowns, which were both caused in part by outdated designs and either a rather stupid experiment (Chernobyl) or absolutely everything going wrong that could (Fukishima). It's safer than coal mining, oil drilling, or really any other practical power source we have. The only competitors either require fairly substantial amounts of space and capital (wind, solar) or are only possible in a few areas (geothermal, hydroelectric).))

(( 2Ecofriendly4You.

W0t mate? U madd brah.))

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21542 on: December 14, 2013, 03:15:20 pm »

So, from my perspective, one moment I was in Jim's arms trying to not get kidnapped, and the next I'm waking up in the infirmary, surrounded by the dead and dying?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21543 on: December 14, 2013, 03:16:58 pm »

((Uh oh.))

Go find someone who is willing to have a conversation.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21544 on: December 14, 2013, 03:21:52 pm »

((I wonder what the philosophical implications of this are, Grate was killed. The new Grate is not the same entity as the old one though he will think he is. So, the question is, are they two separate souls? Or do such phantasmal essences not exist, the mind the mere sum of the parts?))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21545 on: December 14, 2013, 03:22:10 pm »

((What have I gotten myself into?))

((One tip - the number of sides on a figure seems to indicate power (and associated danger). So heptagons are your friend, triangles are mostly not a good deal at all.))
((WRONG, Heptagons are pretty much impossible to understand and require will rolls just to HOLD. The Clean-Cut Knife was a heptagon, and all its useful for is possible doctoring and for a short while watching Xan absentmindedly amputate. That was fun at least :P))

((Has anyone thought of restricting the pill box? Locking it up somewhere that can only be accessed by specific people? Or if that's impossible, destroy it?))
((Once again, THIS IS LITERALLY THE LEAST DANGEROUS THING OUT OF A NYARS BOX. It is predictable and generally safe for those who AREN'T COMPLETELY RETARDED. The only reason it has become so scary is because the people who have used it are, in order: A Dancing Robot, A Psychotic Abomination Wannabe, and a Child with Inferiority issues.
There are plenty of safe uses for the pill box. See my Painkiller idea. So I suppose I agree with restricting it, but DESTROYING it is just insane.))

((I like how the pill machine hasn't been used in a sensible way yet. Everyone is too focused on horribly abusing it.
((I was planning to do some controlled testing, but I wanted to get this test out of the way first.))
If I had access I would just put a simple painkiller into it and eat the result. Instant lack of pain rolls forever.
((Going without pain would be bad between firefights.))
((How so? And don't feed me the "Pain is so you can tell when you're damaged" line, This is the HMRC, any damage you sustain is probably gonna either be "Instant Death" or "You have been horribly mangled" and in either case, not feeling pain is good.

This is a world where DEATH is an inconvenience so long as you have a head left over. I'm pretty sure we have the technology to accurately tell when someone shouldn't be moving around or such without distracting them with signals of agony.))

((I wonder what the philosophical implications of this are, Grate was killed. The new Grate is not the same entity as the old one though he will think he is. So, the question is, are they two separate souls? Or do such phantasmal essences not exist, the mind the mere sum of the parts?))
((From what I understand, Quantum Mechanics works by pulling things from alternate realities into this reality. So not the same. Though he might REMEMBER some things from his old selves due to his mind being just as Quantum as his body. This is basically how STEPHEN HAWKING knows that his future self invented everything.))
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 03:24:57 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21546 on: December 14, 2013, 03:23:22 pm »

((Well, that would be a last resort, we could just give it to the AM and have her screen its use.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21547 on: December 14, 2013, 03:31:29 pm »

Wait.

For.

It.
((Can't tell if this is condemnation or recommendation. If the former...in my defense, you're keeping everyone in the dark on what's going on. I have no clue if Grate is alive, dead, conscious, unconscious, controlled, out of control, turned into an Illborn, a portal to the Warp, or what.))

You accidentally make the proto brain too large and it skitters off on it's own accord, looking rather hungry.
Oh great. You just created The Thing.
((We need a motto. How about: "We don't even wait for one disaster to finish before starting another"?))

I know, I just find the mental image funny.
((...Can't argue with that.))

I don't believe I ever said that the two phenomena were unrelated.
((You also never said that the AM and Timmy were unrelated. Clearly the AM created Timmy as a botched attempt to ascend to power.))

>Don't bother. If we're not getting power it means all three of the backup lines have been severed as well as the main. I'm having someone in maintenance check it out as we speak. Once they're done I'll direct repairs up here.
((...
I wish Grate was half as good at screwing up the enemies as he is at screwing up us.))

This is why we can't have nice things, Grate. This is why we can't have nice things!
((I'M SORRY! Geez, how many times do I need to apologize and explain before you let it drop and stick to poking fun at me about it every so often?))

The Doors to the hanger creak for a second and then slam open. The armory master comes walking back in, carrying an uninjured, very human looking Grate in her arms. Behind her, the sky is a deep crimson, crackling with purple-blue lightning. Strange displays of twisting light and shadow and things that look like flame but don't act like it curl and flicker in the distance. The administration building itself is badly damaged and only half the gangway remains, hanging lonely and strangely monolithic, pointing toward the crater in the building where it used to connect. Even from a distance it's clear that the building and the land around it isn't just damaged; it's changed.
The Armory Master Hands the unconcious grate to Pancaek.
"I killed the dangerous one and this one popped into existence a moment later. Not sure how, or why. Don't really care at this point." She says, seeming rather tired.
"Hey Steve, I didn't mange to stop him before things went Class 3 out there. Sorry."
She pats Pancaek on the shoulder and wanders off down the hall, seemingly oblivious to the damage around her.
((This is...good? Well, Grate's still quantum, that's pretty clear.))

(( 2Ecofriendly4You.

W0t mate? U madd brah.))
((Either this is facetious and I can ignore it, or it is nonsense and I should ignore it.))

((Has anyone thought of restricting the pill box? Locking it up somewhere that can only be accessed by specific people? Or if that's impossible, destroy it?))
((Once again, THIS IS LITERALLY THE LEAST DANGEROUS THING OUT OF A NYARS BOX. It is predictable and generally safe for those who AREN'T COMPLETELY RETARDED. The only reason it has become so scary is because the people who have used it are, in order: A Dancing Robot, A Psychotic Abomination Wannabe, and a Child with Inferiority issues.
There are plenty of safe uses for the pill box. See my Painkiller idea. So I suppose I agree with restricting it, but DESTROYING it is just insane.))
((Thank you!
I think the permanent painkiller was less dangerous, though.))

((I like how the pill machine hasn't been used in a sensible way yet. Everyone is too focused on horribly abusing it.
((I was planning to do some controlled testing, but I wanted to get this test out of the way first.))
If I had access I would just put a simple painkiller into it and eat the result. Instant lack of pain rolls forever.
((How so? And don't feed me the "Pain is so you can tell when you're damaged" line, This is the HMRC, any damage you sustain is probably gonna either be "Instant Death" or "You have been horribly mangled" and in either case, not feeling pain is good.
This is a world where DEATH is an inconvenience so long as you have a head left over. I'm pretty sure we have the technology to accurately tell when someone shouldn't be moving around or such without distracting them with signals of agony.))
((On the other hand...well, there is a real medical condition where people cannot feel pain. They tend to ignore damage that most people pay attention to and account for. Forget firefights. Think about accidentally biting off the tip of your tongue, not noticing infections, or joint damage from not shifting enough while sitting still. Pain is important in stopping us from accidentally and slowly destroying ourselves in our day-to-day lives.))

((Well, that would be a last resort, we could just give it to the AM and have her screen its use.))
((As long as Grate remembers the incident, there's no chance of him doing idiot stuff again. Anything questionable will be ran by the Doc, the AM, possibly Steve, and probably the nearest trustworthy adult. Anything possible to do so will be tested on animals first.
In any case, it's all that makes Grate more than a reusable meat-shield with technical skills right now, so I'm not keen to give it up.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21548 on: December 14, 2013, 03:36:03 pm »

As long as Grate remembers the incident, there's no chance of him doing idiot stuff again.
((They are other people than Grate. Such as Mr. Calculator-Overdose over here.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21549 on: December 14, 2013, 03:38:18 pm »

Check on the important things: Namely, the felafel ingredients and status of the kitchen.

((...You are an IDIOT. Okay, maybe that's a bit harsh, but your statement grates so much with reality.
Three Mile Island--the incident I referred to, and a decent parallel since the AM is quarantining this pretty well--was not a meltdown, it was merely close to one. As for nuclear power in general, it does not "kill tons of people". All the deaths from nuclear power plants have been from the two, count them two, meltdowns, which were both caused in part by outdated designs and either a rather stupid experiment (Chernobyl) or absolutely everything going wrong that could (Fukishima). It's safer than coal mining, oil drilling, or really any other practical power source we have. The only competitors either require fairly substantial amounts of space and capital (wind, solar) or are only possible in a few areas (geothermal, hydroelectric).))

(( 2Ecofriendly4You.

W0t mate? U madd brah.))

Yo May, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but Nuclear power has one of the best Track records for safety of all time…one of the best track records of all time!

No, but really, Nuclear power is really safe. Even Chernobyl, the worst one, wasn't actually that bad unless you were a fireman there are the time. Theres a lot of misinformation about it, mostly coming from a documentary called " Chernobyl hearts", which had less research put into it then a damn middle school paper. Really, I think the number of deaths from nuclear power is a few hundred, at best. While Coal power as killed millions, one way or another. And isn't as efficient.

Oh, and GWG, there were other fatalities from nuclear power. Remind me to tell you about the grave in Arlington National Cemetery that you aren't allowed to be around for more then a few minutes at a time and the lead sarcophagus that lies there. 

So, from my perspective, one moment I was in Jim's arms trying to not get kidnapped, and the next I'm waking up in the infirmary, surrounded by the dead and dying?
Yep

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21550 on: December 14, 2013, 03:39:46 pm »

As long as Grate remembers the incident, there's no chance of him doing idiot stuff again.
((They are other people than Grate. Such as Mr. Calculator-Overdose over here.))
((Well, we'd need to improve locker security. Or, if it's good enough already, sleep easily.))

NinGM:
Oh, and GWG, there were other fatalities from nuclear power. Remind me to tell you about the grave in Arlington National Cemetery that you aren't allowed to be around for more then a few minutes at a time and the lead sarcophagus that lies there.
((...
News to me.))

Wake up. Try to remember what went on so I don't forget.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21551 on: December 14, 2013, 03:40:59 pm »

[/quote]
((On the other hand...well, there is a real medical condition where people cannot feel pain. They tend to ignore damage that most people pay attention to and account for. Forget firefights. Think about accidentally biting off the tip of your tongue, not noticing infections, or joint damage from not shifting enough while sitting still. Pain is important in stopping us from accidentally and slowly destroying ourselves in our day-to-day lives.))
[/quote]
((That is what I was attempting to convey in the last sentence. But even if you can't sense it, slowly destroying yourself is so trivial in HMRC terms that its an ACCEPTED PASSTIME. Y'know smoking XD. But in all seriousness long-term consequences are pretty much off the table as soon as the goo is washed off :P
And even IF BY SOME MIRACLE you survived long enough for it to be a problem, its fixed so quickly and efficiently that its hilarious to consider it a problem))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21552 on: December 14, 2013, 03:42:02 pm »

((Well, we'd need to improve locker security. Or, if it's good enough already, sleep easily.))
((Or give it to the AM and have her regulate it. I don't see why that would be so much of a problem.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21553 on: December 14, 2013, 03:42:08 pm »

(( 2Ecofriendly4You.

W0t mate? U madd brah.))
((Either this is facetious and I can ignore it, or it is nonsense and I should ignore it.))

((Both, I see no need for anyone to get hyped up about energy matters in an RTD.))

((It's mostly an IC reason, as May values her own safety above the makings of any crazy bitches scientist people tinkering with a machine that, in general, causes some needed ruckus. Also, saying that the it's safe if it isn't handled by anyone incompetent, isn't very convincing when we're talking about these people.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21554 on: December 14, 2013, 03:56:01 pm »

((Or give it to the AM and have her regulate it. I don't see why that would be so much of a problem.))
((In my last turn, I was going to let Miya confiscate that machine until he knew what to do with it. Decided against it because I wanted to know if GWG would be revived or not, but now that I think about it again, there's no way in hell he'd witness something like this and not take action.))

Miyamoto turns to Pancaek, holding the unconscious child.

"Hey, would you hand him over to me? I wanna get to the bottom of this.

Also, while you're at it, could you please go get that 'pill machine' he apparently used? Before he, or someone else, tries something like that again."

Take Grate from Pancaek. See if he wakes up, and hold him down if he does (don't hurt him of course, just keep him from moving).
Also take that pill machine if Pancaek manages to get it this turn.
If that thing Xan spawned happens to move into view, burn it away completely with manip.

((I see you gave Miya a +1 to int in his last turn. Shouldn't that be +2 (one from stats, one from avatar?) and if yes, would that impact the quality of the C4?))
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:30:57 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1435 1436 [1437] 1438 1439 ... 2101