_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1416 1417 [1418] 1419 1420 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5818979 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Grate's attempts at Apotheosis
« Reply #21255 on: December 10, 2013, 05:32:28 pm »

... Ffff, if someone wants to tell me it's a bad idea, I can pull it later XD ))
((Yeah, this has the potential of worsening the situation if you roll badly, but when has that ever stopped us before eh?))

(( Indeed it does, but hey, at least there would be a roll. And thus far I've been pretty insanely lucky on do-or-die rolls. Which means this one would be the one to kill me, I'm sure.
I'll probably pull the action and let you take point, it was mostly an 'in case no one more qualified steps up' action ))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21256 on: December 10, 2013, 05:37:32 pm »

"Whoa, Miya, personal bubble man"

Get put in a bearhug by Miyamoto, if possible, try to put a half dome shield behind miya's wall with my mass amp

((I believe, right now, we cannot have enough layers of shielding))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21257 on: December 10, 2013, 05:41:42 pm »

"Well." Unable to help in any way and already in a fairly safe place, Milno sits down on the floor and crosses his legs. "I'd appreciate a video feed to what's happening."

Get a video feed from Steve, relocate to safer place only if necessary. Try to create a small sharkmist growth on upper left arm once again then poke it with the glove.

((I just realized something: the glove can give perfect knowledge on tech if I poke the object and succeed on a Willpower roll. Maybe that means Milno should steer clear from manipulators.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21258 on: December 10, 2013, 05:57:13 pm »

(( Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. I think the only role that will actively harm us would be a 1. A 6 might cause issues, but as long as it helps defend us from what appears to be a universal manip overload, whatever it leaves behind will likely be way easier to deal with xD ))

((I just realized something: the glove can give perfect knowledge on tech if I poke the object and succeed on a Willpower roll. Maybe that means Milno should steer clear from manipulators.))
(( ... dooooo eeeeeet. Or give it to some newbie and let them touch it :P
"Hey, you out of the tube. Have this gauntlet, it's pretty sweet. Yeah, put it on, it's yours. Got it on? Good. Catch." ))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21259 on: December 10, 2013, 06:22:18 pm »

"Whoa, Miya, personal bubble man"
Get put in a bearhug by Miyamoto, if possible, try to put a half dome shield behind miya's wall with my mass amp
(("What? No, I'm not your personal bubble man. Hell, I'm nobody's bubble man. I don't roll that way."))

((Androsynth are not here. Orz are here.
You are not the same too much like Androsynth. You are *happy campers*.
Do you want to see our surprising toys*? No!! Do Not!!
Androsynth are so silly. We do not *tell stories* a lot about them.
No more Androsynth stories.))
((I can see someone has been playing some Star Control.))

(( Indeed it does, but hey, at least there would be a roll. And thus far I've been pretty insanely lucky on do-or-die rolls. Which means this one would be the one to kill me, I'm sure.
I'll probably pull the action and let you take point, it was mostly an 'in case no one more qualified steps up' action ))
((Hey, do what you want man. It's not like this situation can go much more ploin-shaped than it already is. If putting up ice walls is what your character would do in this situation, go for it, cause it's not like Miya has the time to stop you in-game.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21260 on: December 10, 2013, 06:48:32 pm »

(( Ploin-shaped? That's an odd word. And what my character would do is protect, with an icewall being the best thing I have. Still, going to go back and modify the action a bit later. ))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #21261 on: December 10, 2013, 07:43:45 pm »

((Androsynth are not here. Orz are here.
You are not the same too much like Androsynth. You are *happy campers*.
Do you want to see our surprising toys*? No!! Do Not!!
Androsynth are so silly. We do not *tell stories* a lot about them.
No more Androsynth stories.))
((I can see someone has been playing some Star Control.))

((The fee for this information is 120,000 Credits.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21262 on: December 10, 2013, 07:49:53 pm »

(( Ploin-shaped? That's an odd word. And what my character would do is protect, with an icewall being the best thing I have. Still, going to go back and modify the action a bit later. ))

((Warhammer 40k for pear. I think it's some kind of tuber with a thick rind.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #21263 on: December 10, 2013, 07:55:46 pm »

[I'm missing a lot. Woohoo.]

Quote from: Feyri > James Kelly...
...So this is it, huh. They always tell us when its too late--as if ignorance will not bother them with questions before action can be done.

If Grate isn't Grate. Then why? There is a cause for everything, and I'd love to know why someone was heartless enough to turn a child into the 'monster' some people are setting out to kill.

Ironic how we aren't informed in the first place by those who know, huh. I mean, yes we were told, but were we given backing details?

Can you get anyone with an extended knowledge of synth-tech knowledge in here? I'd like to know if this 'electro-shock collar' is still in "me". Or whatever would resemble forced apoptosis in myself.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21264 on: December 10, 2013, 08:04:32 pm »

Well, I'm out of options.
Go to the VR, select tinker. Load a medieval scale armour, and put a kinetic amp on each scale. Test the armour against various weapons:
Fist, hammer, sword, kinetic amp, mono razor, gauss rifle, and laser rifle.
Also check the price.

((Gonna save PW some effort on this, a amp on EVERY SCALE is gonna come out to about a million billion tokens. Things are expensive man.

Also I updated the TVtropes thing to account for STEPHEN HAWKING requiring Insistent Terminology. STEPHEN HAWKING invented editing. And screwing up his editing. And then fixing his editing.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21265 on: December 10, 2013, 08:04:44 pm »

((Well i have some ideas for HRMC-mon but the vast majority still elude me.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 09:01:46 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21266 on: December 10, 2013, 08:05:56 pm »

I'd go Hitmonchan for Mesk because that one kicks.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #21267 on: December 10, 2013, 08:08:28 pm »

((Machoke?! DX I wanted would prefer a vulpix.
But I've no idea on how to integrate pyrotechnics at this point..unless I go into amp. usage >_> Bluh. My bias against that kind of weaponry grows again. D:
..And I'm unsure if the part on Grate really makes sense. I mean, now, he's like so because of external factors not even under his own choice. It does make sense though if he...gets knowledge/experience from those around him as a good influence.
Xan doesn't look much like a magikarp. He's deadly from the start.
Also Blastoise kills with that kind of water pressure.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21268 on: December 10, 2013, 08:09:55 pm »

((No, I'm Ditto the shapeshifting pokemon, only I'm Ditto taken up to eleven.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21269 on: December 10, 2013, 08:12:09 pm »

((In other news, manipulators, similar to soylent green, are apparently people. Because LEFTOVER SYNAPTIC RESPONSES.))
((So here we have this little contradiction: Word of Piecewise says 'humans have no inner ability for spess magick, they obtained that power through SCIENCE' (source: one of the ER talks); Word of Steve (?) says 'humans don't have psychic powers' (source: armoury list ExoWep entry note), and Word of Doctor says, well, that. Even if Steve is lying (which, in all fairness, could quite possibly happen as a sort of precaution), Piecewise himself said pretty much the same thing, and he does not share any of Steve's possible motivations. And then Doctor lying is unlikely, has no ostensible reason for. ))
No electric charge?.. Latent synaptic activity?.. What the hell are the manipulators and amps, after all? I should look into the mystery later, when this situation is sorted out and I have the time.
And if I don't survive that long? If something kills me before I have the chance to do that?.. Whom can I trust with the information, then?
Simus, certainly. Renen, perhaps... He and Faith, if anyone, certainly have the clearance not to be endangered by the knowledge. Lukas too, but he doesn't look like someone interested in that sort of information. Just like the Snark.

A few seconds later Maurice had sent copies of the Doctor's reply to Simus, Renen and Faith, followed by a short message of his own:
This might be important in the long run.
Go to the rec room and use a free VR machine to enter Tinker.
Search the database for a Mk IV, as well as any other advanced suit designs, such as Level 3 Hazmat suit. Skim through the publicly available tinker designs to get acquainted with them and possibly learn a trick or two.
Check how big the smallest of human-wetware AIs are, and what their price range is.

((@GM The stats in 'Idiots in Space' are short of the last level-up (+5 Int, +3 Exo). ))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 08:17:42 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1416 1417 [1418] 1419 1420 ... 2101