_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1415 1416 [1417] 1418 1419 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5819022 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Grate's attempts at Apotheosis
« Reply #21240 on: December 10, 2013, 04:34:02 pm »

((Psh, that's a lame idea.  Go hop into the Void and get Timmy involved.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #21241 on: December 10, 2013, 04:36:28 pm »

@Remalle, how do you want me to make these HMRC-mon?
Pokedex style with a few battle scenes?
Individual summary view with battle scenes?))
(I was mostly joking.  I don't know, if you really want to, be creative!)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21242 on: December 10, 2013, 04:40:23 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING goes and gets his "angel" before heading on over to visit the dok.

"Oh Dooooooooktor, I got you a preeeeeeesent!"

Look around for the spare Grate while waiting for response.

((In other news, manipulators, similar to soylent green, are apparently people. Because LEFTOVER SYNAPTIC RESPONSES.))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 05:01:59 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21243 on: December 10, 2013, 04:43:37 pm »

@Remalle, how do you want me to make these HMRC-mon?
Pokedex style with a few battle scenes?
Individual summary view with battle scenes?))
(I was mostly joking.  I don't know, if you really want to, be creative!)
((Yeah, its not going too well...
stupid worthless action replay codes, whats the point of setting my entire national pokedex to being caught if you dont mark them as seen first?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21244 on: December 10, 2013, 04:50:33 pm »

Hmph. Nothing able to be done. Only people in the place are rubberneckers and those running and hiding, and the AM.

Go jump in the Blackship
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21245 on: December 10, 2013, 04:52:21 pm »

((Psh, that's a lame idea.  Go hop into the Void and get Timmy involved.))

((Dammit am I that predictable?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21246 on: December 10, 2013, 04:55:31 pm »

Ah! So I do have unnaturally steady limbs. Does that help with aiming in any way?

Regardless of that, keep on moving away from pretty much everyone.

"Hey, Steve! Since we're not prisoners anymore, can we access the other crew sections, please?"

If yes, dance away to safer locales! If not, dance and cower in mortal fear! The end times are nigh! Ours is deserved damnation!

Anton whips around in the doorway and looks at Steve's avatar, doing his best to manage a death glare through the opaque faceplate of his suit. He takes out his Microwave Manipulator, holding it like one would a grenade.

"If these are such dangers, that it takes ignorance to protect us from their nature.." He throws the manipulator at his feet with force. "..then why do you even allow them to be used?!" With that, Anton crushes the device under the heel of his prosthetic foot, and stomps off to the Rec Room, plugging into VR.

((If Steve doesn't electrocute you to death before you can do that, you and anybody near you is so dead. Unless they really do build them to last.

Let's hope there's a Strength roll and you have penalties to it.))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 05:04:48 pm by Harry Baldman »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21247 on: December 10, 2013, 04:58:50 pm »

Anton whips around in the doorway and looks at Steve's avatar, doing his best to manage a death glare through the opaque faceplate of his suit. He takes out his Microwave Manipulator, holding it like one would a grenade.

"If these are such dangers, that it takes ignorance to protect us from their nature.." He throws the manipulator at his feet with force. "..then why do you even allow them to be used?!" With that, Anton crushes the device under the heel of his prosthetic foot, and stomps off to the Rec Room, plugging into VR.

((If Steve doesn't electrocute you to death before you can do that, you and anybody near you is so dead. Unless they really do build them to last.

Let's hope there's a Strength roll and you have penalties to it.))
((I'm pretty sure that if these were capable of being set off by damage not even an insane engineer would allow them anywhere near a battlefield. These things are being carried around by people, and people can get suddenly crushed at any moment. Recent case in point, even. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21248 on: December 10, 2013, 04:59:38 pm »

((Yeah, wasn't he carrying the manip when he got squashed?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21249 on: December 10, 2013, 05:03:36 pm »

((I'm pretty sure that if these were capable of being set off by damage not even an insane engineer would allow them anywhere near a battlefield. These things are being carried around by people, and people can get suddenly crushed at any moment. Recent case in point, even. :P))

((Maybe it can sense malicious intent and works off that. That would make sense in the way that manipulators make sense. After all, it does have connections in your brain and whatnot. Trouble is, I have no idea. But we're about to find out.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #21250 on: December 10, 2013, 05:07:35 pm »

((Androsynth are not here. Orz are here.
You are not the same too much like Androsynth. You are *happy campers*.
Do you want to see our surprising toys*? No!! Do Not!!
Androsynth are so silly. We do not *tell stories* a lot about them.
No more Androsynth stories.))

Simus turns angrily to Lars.

Lars, you should stop heading in that direction right now, because that path leads to zealotry. And while I tolerate a lot from you, unbridled zealotry will not be something I tolerate, do you understand? Worship Steve and your little pantheon all you like, but not those things. They are not holy relics, but weapons, usually capable of mass destruction.

Even nuclear arms are cleaner.

Simus leaves the briefing room and heads for the rec room, to VR, Tinker program. On her way, she talks aloud to Steve.

I have to say, I'm siding more with Anton on this. I don't like the manipulators or amps. Yes, they're useful, but they're simply too chaotic, and are just plain unnatural. The latter I can deal with, the former not. Is there any way we can change that? An autoabort feature, or something, to stop it activating if what it will do is wildly off from the intended effect? It wouldn't stop something like this, but to be honest, this probably could have been avoided with a sharp shock to the boy before he did this.

Once in Tinker, she sends a short message:

Quote from: Simus>Anton
You are not alone in your opinion of what has just transgressed.

And spawns a fresh, empty shell for her grenade launcher, fill it halfway with 2-chlorobenzalmalononitrile pellets, a volatile solvent container (with the detonator linked to rupture the container upon activation), seal that half from the rest of it, and fill the remainder with black smoke composition, also rigged to the detonator. Punch 8 holes in each half of the grenade case, to allow the gases, once produced, to vent, but the constituents be unable to escape the case. Detonation parameters are on command or impact outside of a 5 meter radius from the launcher (as with all other grenades except ClF3)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21251 on: December 10, 2013, 05:11:19 pm »

((Maybe it can sense malicious intent and works off that. That would make sense in the way that manipulators make sense. After all, it does have connections in your brain and whatnot. Trouble is, I have no idea. But we're about to find out.))
((That would be a psychokinetic amplifier. Manipulators are pocket calculators with magical batteries.

As much as tearing an implant out of your own brain and crushing it underfoot to make a point would be a much more impressive gesture, I don't think Anton is quite that angry yet. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21252 on: December 10, 2013, 05:24:04 pm »

Well, you manage to get yourself what amounts to a flesh drone, but its eyes and ears are no better then your own.
((Now this, this I see as an interesting development, cause this confirms that Xan can indeed create lifeforms separate from himself on a whim. Now to test what the limitations on the complexity of said organisms are.))

You head out to the edge of the hanger and see the armory master walking toward the glowing point of anomalous physics that is grate. You decide to let her take point.
((Aaw, no action again. Oh well, it seems Miya's prediction about Grate 'going supernova' wasn't that far from the truth.))

"Hey, if you need any help whatsoever, just tell me what to do!" He yelled to the AM over the noise of everything going on.

Use manip to create large dense barrier using material from the ground (and surroundings if needed), if the hangar floor gets damaged that's no problem. Make sure the shield is very sturdy and firmly attached to the floor so teammates can safely hide behind it.

After that, if AM asks for any sort of assistance, do what she asks, whether it be helping out with my manip or shooting the Gratemonster with the laser or something else.

If she doesn't ask for help, grab all non-armored teammates standing near (like Pancaek) and pull them behind the wall I created, shielding them and myself from whatever will happen next with my body and cloak, aka protective bear hug time.
If I failed to create that barrier, still do protectohug but while moving as far away as possible.

... Ffff, if someone wants to tell me it's a bad idea, I can pull it later XD ))
((Yeah, this has the potential of worsening the situation if you roll badly, but when has that ever stopped us before eh?))

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 06:20:23 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21254 on: December 10, 2013, 05:29:39 pm »

Well, I'm out of options.
Go to the VR, select tinker. Load a medieval scale armour, and put a kinetic amp on each scale. Test the armour against various weapons:
Fist, hammer, sword, kinetic amp, mono razor, gauss rifle, and laser rifle.
Also check the price.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 1415 1416 [1417] 1418 1419 ... 2101