_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1409 1410 [1411] 1412 1413 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5822446 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #21150 on: December 09, 2013, 02:16:40 pm »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #21151 on: December 09, 2013, 02:22:23 pm »

Stay put. Don't panic.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Grate's attempts at Apotheosis
« Reply #21152 on: December 09, 2013, 02:57:29 pm »

Any further information on the mission, Steve? Additional data on hazards or hostiles, secondary objectives, et cetera?
Briskly walk to to the armoury to ask the Armory Master a few questions before she leaves.
Hello, ma'am. Busier days have come, haven't they? Glad to see your loveliness untarnished a tiniest bit. May I have a minute of your time, please?
What would you recommend for non-lethally dealing with ones mutated by an organo-amp overload? Of sedatives, stun grenades and shock weapons, which ones are most likely to remain effective despite the bodily changes? Or maybe I am missing something of the most common and easily available solutions?
Also, do you happen to have any books by Dr. VonNost? Publicly available libraries seem to lack his works. Censure, I guess,

((@GM Is the 'Idiots in space' inventory correct? Because Maurice's stats there are outdated, and 'Men' has no inventory for Maurice. Also, do I still have that cooler from the AM?
Would your rather I tinkered a bit after the mini-mission, or is it fine for the moment?))

EDIT: Send a message to the Doctor:
Can the boy be helped?
Can you save him?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 04:41:40 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21153 on: December 09, 2013, 03:00:32 pm »

"I don't want to kill a child, especially one on our team, Steve. If he actually does become a threat to us then I'll think about it, but right now he hasn't harmed anyone."

(Also, asking me to PvP? Yeah, sure. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21154 on: December 09, 2013, 03:02:38 pm »

((Well, looks like we get to see the AM amp battle. Good thing I'm making that organo-scout eye.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21155 on: December 09, 2013, 03:09:48 pm »

>How about we do this when grate isn't shitting all over the laws of physics.
((In the immortal words of Elan: "Fight, fight, fight, fight the urge to say I told you so!"))
Find somewhere farther away from people. Keep under control!
((How dare you stand in the way of progress... you are dead to me.))

ask AM if i can borrow a manipulator capable of killing that little progress impeding midget.
Join the "Grate must die" posse.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21156 on: December 09, 2013, 03:19:21 pm »

-snip-
((Um, yeah. The Armory Master doesn't have anything better to do right now, does she?))

((Relatedly...))

>How about we do this when grate isn't shitting all over the laws of physics.
((In the immortal words of Elan: "Fight, fight, fight, fight the urge to say I told you so!"))
Find somewhere farther away from people. Keep under control!
((How dare you stand in the way of progress... you are dead to me.))
((Progress is fine, but if I correctly predict the effects of your timing you can hardly blame that on me.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21157 on: December 09, 2013, 03:28:53 pm »

((I can still blame you for eating that pill against all advice and common sense thus preventing me from getting my hardpoints standardized.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21158 on: December 09, 2013, 03:32:20 pm »

((He didn't tell me not to! ...And yeah, sorry about that. At least it shouldn't be more than a few turns before Grate is either dealt with or has fled far enough away that Steve can work on other stuff.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21159 on: December 09, 2013, 03:35:29 pm »

((No, no matter how far away you run they're gonna have to kill you for the PR.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21160 on: December 09, 2013, 03:37:38 pm »

Is he clear of the hanger? Awesome.

Head to the hanger! Examine the destruction and, most importantly, see if the Blackship took any damage. :P

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21161 on: December 09, 2013, 03:45:23 pm »

Go, grab the prepared scalp, then try to calm Grate down with the power of music. (Charisma roll activate!)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21162 on: December 09, 2013, 03:46:07 pm »

((No, no matter how far away you run they're gonna have to kill you for the PR.))
((Regardless, Steve should have the ability to help with Auron in a few turns.
Besides, if it comes out that it was a kid...And I'm sure we can spin it as some kind of UWM-caused thingy anyways. Not the first amp-overload-thing to come up. Say it was a final act of spite.))
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21163 on: December 09, 2013, 03:47:01 pm »

>No, seriously, Jim. You wanna go kill your kid for me? Because honestly, granting him death before he becomes something beyond our control is about all we can do right now.

Though not directed at him, the sentence still makes Anton turn his head.

"Kill him? We spent near a damn year in the company of things no more messed up than he is, far as I can see - courtesy of you, I might add. Steve. Don't tell me this planet is so small that you can't allocate a space for a single being like him." He starts gesticulating and pacing as his speech gradually becomes louder. "When he came to fight that damn wheelchaired space wizard, I gave him a rifle! I could have sent him away, I could have prevented him from being killed in the first place, but I did not! I am not going to condemn a child to death, for becoming... an abomination, against physics - just because he tried to become useful! Not any more than..." Anton looks around, trying and failing to find Xan in the room. He passes his gaze over the various people in the room instead, the assembly of robots, synthflesh constructs, and modified humans, settling on Lyra. "...not any more than I would condemn any of us, for trying the same."

He turns to walk out of the room, but pauses in the doorway.

"If anyone else feels or thinks that way... feel free to start coming up with ideas to save him. I'll go see what I can see."

Head to the gangway, keep the drone flying after Grate. Try to keep him in view of the drone, but remain at a safe distance.

Message AM.

Quote from: Anton Chernozorov, text message to the Armory Master
You must have been already notified of the issue with one of our rank. The effects seem related to a manipulator malfunction, therefore must be grounded in the same principles. You have been around here probably longest of every other Sword crewmember, and you have the best knowledge of the manipulators, as far as I was able to gather. Over the years, the UWM must have come afoul of powerful users of this technology, and must have found ways to counter. Not dampen the effect, but suppress the operating principle of the manipulator itself.

We could very much use one right now.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21164 on: December 09, 2013, 04:01:04 pm »

-snip-
((Aw, thanks! I think the ER trope page could use a CMoH entry right about now.))

P.S. If any of the more experienced veterans want to add something, go ahead.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 04:05:16 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1409 1410 [1411] 1412 1413 ... 2101