_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1407 1408 [1409] 1410 1411 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5947408 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Grate's attempts at Apotheosis
« Reply #21120 on: December 09, 2013, 05:59:42 am »

((I may just get it to see what all the fuss is about.
Though if I do I likely won't play it for 3+ years. I'm just now getting into my copy of Dragon Age Origins which I've had since 2009, let alone my copies of Skyrim and the Mass Effect trilogy and X3.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21121 on: December 09, 2013, 06:12:38 am »

((Ill save you some time. X3 is boring, Keep it for last.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21122 on: December 09, 2013, 06:17:20 am »

((I've played a bit (around 30 hours) of it and I actually found it quite intriguing. Plus exploiting the stock market to get really really rich was fun to do.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21123 on: December 09, 2013, 06:18:29 am »

((More specifically, X3 is to the X franchise what DooM III was to the Doom franchise - mostly more of the same with pathetic attempts at furthering story involvement and massive, misguided, and superfluous graphics improvement. At least it felt that way.

I really recommend trying the old Edge of Chaos instead.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21124 on: December 09, 2013, 06:53:19 am »

((I don't actually think it's procedurally generated, especially as you can google where weaponsmiths and facilities are.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21125 on: December 09, 2013, 06:59:00 am »

((More specifically, X3 is to the X franchise what DooM III was to the Doom franchise - mostly more of the same with pathetic attempts at furthering story involvement and massive, misguided, and superfluous graphics improvement. At least it felt that way.

I really recommend trying the old Edge of Chaos instead.))
((So what do you think of X4, which is the one I got and can't play because I am an idiot and bought it even though I don't have the minimum required RAM :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21126 on: December 09, 2013, 07:08:48 am »

((I don't actually think it's procedurally generated, especially as you can google where weaponsmiths and facilities are.))
((i think that it is procedurally generated but everyone starts with the same universe seed, or something... they need to make an option to change that.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21127 on: December 09, 2013, 07:34:01 am »

((HOLY BALLS. I was reading through the whole TV remote fight thing and saw Lars reading the book of "gods" and realized that whatever kept getting scratched out must be the foe that awaits us on the horizon. The one prophesized by Quantum Grate after his revival. This "En" (Ender of All Things?) is apparently in our future.

Also I think that the Doc might be that "Clockwork God" it seems to fit in my mind at least. Either that or STEPHEN HAWKING is that. Because he invented everything.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21128 on: December 09, 2013, 07:43:57 am »

((It was an ending, but not the ending, as the wheel of time turns over and another age begins))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21129 on: December 09, 2013, 08:28:27 am »

((Lars has been a busy bee and hasn't had a chance to finish that book, or question the AM about the scratched out bits.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21130 on: December 09, 2013, 08:39:16 am »

((On the topic of the book, I remember thinking that Vo-Nos (IIRC the name) is likely a linguistic mutation of VonNost - based on either the near-mythical historical figure... or the Doctor who didn't (or couldn't?) keep his identity secret at the time (if that particular theory about him is correct, of course).
Speaking of which, the Doctor could certainly have been around when the book was written - maybe we should just show it to him and ask a few questions about its contents and origins? I mean, that should be quite safe compared to asking him personal questions. Unless we are on the right track, of course. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Death count from Cursed Tournament: 4
« Reply #21131 on: December 09, 2013, 09:15:35 am »

((I went back to check the quotes on that, Nik.  And... well...))

“Vo-nos: God of Blades:Vo-nos the Cutter, Vo-nos of the Melee, Vo-nos the Silver Club.”

The image on the opposing page shows what looks like a man wearing a shining, silvery mask and a red robe. In one hand he holds a Gleaming, blood flecked club, in the other a large curved knife. Behind him looms a monstrous aura of  shadowy fangs, flesh, madly rolling eyes and convulsing limbs. The symbol at the bottom of the page is a sword.

“Vo-nos is the god of the melee, Patron of the blade and the cudgel, and fastest of the gods. Those who would join battle with knife or club or spear or sword or any weapon of close death fight and die with him at their side. Inscribe his mark upon your weapons and brand it across your soles to move as he does and bring effortless death to all who oppose you.”

You allow the goggles to continue focusing your strange new vision, the level of detail you can see slowly increasing, new layers coming into view. You begin being able to see the vague innards of the doctor's mask, as well as something else, even stranger. There appears to be some sort of...field or bubble around the doctor; it's a dark purple, thick and slowly vibrating, encompassing him very tightly like a second skin.

"May I ask what you're staring at?" The Doctor says as you continue to glare at him.'
You remove your goggles and wink at wink your bad eye at the doctor. In that moment of enhanced sight you see something; it's just a flash, a glimpse. A glimpse of dozens of eyes and fangs and twisted flesh, and countless skeletally thin arms reaching toward you. And then it's gone as you open your eye, banished back to whatever nether realm it came from.

"Oh, I'm not worried." The doctor says, walking away, "I've got eyes in the back of my head."

((WELP.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21132 on: December 09, 2013, 09:51:31 am »

((Well.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21133 on: December 09, 2013, 09:53:29 am »

((The plot is thickening...))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21134 on: December 09, 2013, 10:01:55 am »

((Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in a cross-post of a skyrim screenshot LP for a zero-experience, zero shout run?))
Pages: 1 ... 1407 1408 [1409] 1410 1411 ... 2101