_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1404 1405 [1406] 1407 1408 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5947484 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Grate's attempts at Apotheosis
« Reply #21075 on: December 08, 2013, 03:56:47 am »

((Idea added to list.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21076 on: December 08, 2013, 07:53:28 am »

((How about something lightweight that stores food for a set amount of time before consuming it? You could feed it a manipulator battery pill and launch it so that during its flight, it generates an anomaly around itself.))
((Won't work. It needs to have a brain for it to work, preferably a normal human brain with high willpower. The God needs a human to call out to it and that human must be close to an Access Point for him to have any chance of being heard by the God.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21077 on: December 08, 2013, 08:07:48 am »

((... What would Xan DO with the tokens he earned from selling his bits?))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21078 on: December 08, 2013, 10:22:04 am »

((Buy decompensators, probably.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21079 on: December 08, 2013, 11:58:24 am »

((If it's 9, then I'll price mine at 7, or lower if the buyer agrees to do a certain number of favors for me depending on how much the price is lowered.))
((Im not sure people are gonna want to pay you seven tokens for something you made for free.))
((It won't be for free on my part - it's my biomass after all - but why not? It's a good source of tokens for me, and a cheaper alternative to the 9-token exoskeleton. Why wouldn't they pay? I can adjust the price anyhow - it is my (theoretical) product, after all.))
((I'm with Xantalos on this one. It's his body, he should be able to choose what he wants to do with it. Although, from a business standpoint, he should consider lowering the price until he's gotten the hang of it. Possibly a lot.
In other words, charge what you want, but you probably want to charge less.))

((How about something lightweight that stores food for a set amount of time before consuming it? You could feed it a manipulator battery pill and launch it so that during its flight, it generates an anomaly around itself.))
((Won't work. It needs to have a brain for it to work, preferably a normal human brain with high willpower. The God needs a human to call out to it and that human must be close to an Access Point for him to have any chance of being heard by the God.))
((No, a manipulator battery pill, aka "Let's weaponize Grate's experiment!"))

((...We need to come up with a snappy name for that pill.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21080 on: December 08, 2013, 01:03:53 pm »

((And what do you think the battery is? It's either an Access Point or a piece of the God. The only way you can hope to weaponize it is by throwing the battery itself at the enemy. That's my theory anyway. Why do you think using manipulators through remote keypads or drones doesn't work? Only automanipulators can do that.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21081 on: December 08, 2013, 01:17:30 pm »

((You know, this totally makes up for nobody making a Timmy Tear pill.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21082 on: December 08, 2013, 01:27:21 pm »

((The battery is Black Box Tech. In some ways literally. As far as I understand, the "battery" is a sort of an array of self-contained interpreters for universe machine code, with a given "potential energy" held within for activation. The manipulators, in turn, are merely add-ons, developed to interact with that "battery" in semi-conventional ways. In a way, the battery is what does the work - the rest of the manipulator is there to incite it in a specific way in order to produce a desired result.

I don't think a proper similar example exists in conventional physics, so think of the "battery" as a cluster of super-buffed stem cells. Each cell can, given the right push and materials, become anything, any given organ or even a whole creature. The manipulator, then, is what gives it that push.

I guess Amplifiers work in a somewhat similar fashion, but somehow synergize with the mental energy of the user, so they actually hold just one "cell" that uses the user's energy to work, rather than the manipulators, that use blocks of 20 "cells" per battery, each with its own single-use charge.

Also, I believe I haven't posted an action.))

Anton frowns at Steve's words.

"Newbies as in literal newbies, or just people who still wear Mark Ones? I'd like to think that a year of HMRC service, even if it was just one mission, qualifies for something. But more to the point, the latter still applies. Anybody have any idea what went horribly right this time?"

Prepare for something unexpected happening. Red Hand to taser mode, safety off. Carefully pilot one of my drones with the upgraded OS out of the briefing room and through the corridors, seeking the source of the disturbance. Make sure to stop before the drone is in danger of being destroyed, if something obviously dangerous is visible.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21083 on: December 08, 2013, 01:35:21 pm »

((I rather imagine that what is going on is loud enough to clue everyone that something is going down.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21084 on: December 08, 2013, 01:46:07 pm »

((And what do you think the battery is? It's either an Access Point or a piece of the God. The only way you can hope to weaponize it is by throwing the battery itself at the enemy. That's my theory anyway. Why do you think using manipulators through remote keypads or drones doesn't work? Only automanipulators can do that.))
((You misunderstand the idea. The idea is to make more pills like the one Grate just ate, then fire the critter at an enemy, then have the critter eat the pill. The result? Well...look at what's going on. The critter turns into space magic, Fun happens.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21085 on: December 08, 2013, 01:55:54 pm »

((And I'm saying I'm pretty sure it won't work without a human brain or something close to that.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21086 on: December 08, 2013, 01:56:53 pm »

((Why not? Do manipulator issues stop working once brains stop working on them? Do amp overloads shut down once the amp user dies?))
Sig

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21087 on: December 08, 2013, 02:03:04 pm »

((If I can, I'd like to borrow Miyamoto's nanite thrower, in which case I'd use the spare tokens to buy hopefully an engie suit, (unless Radio Controlled wants to make one for me?), but if I can't get either of those, then a MK2.
And if I can have all of my cake and eat it too, then I'd like to spend the leftover tokens just buying grenades and a new 1/8kt charge.
And if I can't have the nanite thrower, I'll just buy the budget flamethrower.))

((So yes, RC if I am allowed to borrow the Nanite, then thank you. How do we spin this IC?))

((Sure, you can borrow it, but on one condition: it's namite thrower, not 'nanite'.  :P

Since we're a bit busy with the Grate situation, once you leave for your mission just put it into your action that you're borrowing that thrower from Miya, be sure to also take the spare fuel canister.
Also, you might want to quote a part of this post, in case I forget putting it in my action, so that PW knows you're allowed to take it. We can just abstract the IC part for all I care.

About that suit... I'm not sure if it's within Miya's capabilities to build complex machinery like that. I mean, it'd need a complex system of sensors and matching software to be usable, and I don't know if that's possible. Besides, I'll need to do quite some research and testing first before I try something like that, so it wouldn't be ready for your mission anyway. I think stuff like exoskeletons will still have to be bought/acquired one way or another, though Miya should be capable of then constructing some decent armor plates for it (since that's just a few plates of a uniform material, after all.))

((Heh, GWG asked if I could think of something that grate could specialize in to be helpful to the team, but it seems whatever I thought of might be completely moot depending on how this pans out.

And about Xan's bioconstruction powers: of course he can ask whatever the hell he wants, but personally I wouldn't give more than 4/5 tokens for something with the same functionality as a exoskeleton. Though if it had some upgrades, like an integrated armor polymer made of... No, bad RC, you already had enough rants about this, shut up.
Anyways, once he figures out how potent his equipment/biomorph construction capabilities are, I think he and Miya could work together to fill the gaps between each other's skill (I can't do organics, he can't do the rest).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 03:03:38 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #21088 on: December 08, 2013, 02:18:27 pm »

((I'm talking about this:))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((You need to be in range for it to start working. And the Armory Master said that it hears you and that it uses your soul on one occasion. And you got a will roll, which means whatever is happening is connected to your mind. From the above, I come to the conclusion that you need a brain for it to work.))

Now that I saw this, it would be good to search for what kind of errors you can get with a manipulator. Would be enlightening or at least fun.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21089 on: December 08, 2013, 02:23:23 pm »

((Heh, GWG asked if I could think of something that grate could specialize in to be helpful to the team, but it seems whatever I thought of might be completely moot depending on how this pans out.
((I'd appreciate your thoughts anyways. Worst-case-scenario, we need to revive the extra Grate corpse and he'd appreciate the help.))

((I'm talking about this:))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((You need to be in range for it to start working. And the Armory Master said that it hears you and that it uses your soul on one occasion. And you got a will roll, which means whatever is happening is connected to your mind. From the above, I come to the conclusion that you need a brain for it to work.))

Now that I saw this, it would be good to search for what kind of errors you can get with a manipulator. Would be enlightening or at least fun.))
((I don't get your point. Are you saying that the manipulator battery pill would do absolutely squat to anything that doesn't have a "soul"?))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1404 1405 [1406] 1407 1408 ... 2101