_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1398 1399 [1400] 1401 1402 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5947419 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Grate's attempts at Apotheosis
« Reply #20985 on: December 07, 2013, 04:10:37 pm »

((Yeah, we still have that!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20986 on: December 07, 2013, 04:53:54 pm »

...I have the feeling that I will need that shortly.

Since I'm close to the AM, go hide behind her counter.
If I'm not, jump onto Steve and hide behind him.
If I'm close to the Doc, go hide with him.

Quote from: Xan->Doc, Armory Master, Nyars
Something may have gone catastrophically wrong. If you manage to disable the anomaly, please preserve it for me. I wish to look at my goal.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20987 on: December 07, 2013, 05:04:25 pm »

Quote from: Xan->Doc, Armory Master, Nyars
Something may have gone catastrophically wrong.
((REALLY.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20988 on: December 07, 2013, 05:05:54 pm »

((Though I see it requires a Will roll.
I may try this out later if the pill machine survived.))
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20989 on: December 07, 2013, 05:06:42 pm »

((Please do that as far away from the ship as possible.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20990 on: December 07, 2013, 05:09:41 pm »

((I have 20 Will! I'll be fine.))
Sig! Onol

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20991 on: December 07, 2013, 05:10:49 pm »

((Please do that as far away from the ship as possible.))
((And with the AM/Doc supervising.))

Duck and cover.

((Also, Grate must really be power-hungry. That's two times he's tried to become more than human now. :P))

((I have 20 Will! I'll be fine.))
((Until you roll a 1, resulting in a 2.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20992 on: December 07, 2013, 05:13:34 pm »

((I'll be doing it in several levels.
Once I have 45 or 60 Will, maybe.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20993 on: December 07, 2013, 05:14:21 pm »

((Though I see it requires a Will roll.))
((Yeah. If I survive this, I'm buffing Will.))

((Also, Grate must really be power-hungry. That's two times he's tried to become more than human now. :P))
((1. He's a kid surrounded by cyborgs, robots, inhuman monstrosities, and the Armory Master. He's also got a bit of a "useless complex" right now. What did you expect?
2. What was the first time, again?))
Sig

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20994 on: December 07, 2013, 05:20:34 pm »

"For three tokens? Not...really. A MK III would do it, even just a exoskeleton would do it. But three won't buy you an exosuit good enough to boost it to what you need."
((You know, there are several people who are swimming in tokens right now. Like Lukas, who has more than 20 sitting around. He isn't around much nowadays, but I'm sure other people could help out. And you can have that 1 token back if you need it, I didn't expect to get so many back from that manip. We'll just say you bought it for 3 then. Or maybe you can borrow someone's Mk.III or something.))

So you get that perfect decomp installed. I'll save you the work of having to wander around, get your suit opened and operated on, because stuff.
"There aren't any limits beyond the fact that you can't get any more subatomic then atom innards. No messing with quarks, but you can pull apart atoms and rearrange the numbers of protons, neutrons and electrons to make new things. Mostly, the limits are your own capacity. Making a lump of iron into a sword is fairly easy, converting the atmosphere around you into steel and then into a machine gun is possible, but hard. And don't try to make anything living. Again, it's possible, but not smart."
((Thanks, keeps things moving. Though I noticed you haven't deducted 20 tokens from Miya's Space Idiots file, might want to do that if you get around to it.))

""Ah yes, thanks for the info. Since Steve won't be needing me anytime soon it seems, I'll just busy myself with trying out my newfound skill, and training with it.
However, just as he's about to order a load of practice materials with the AM, the quantum shit hits the fan.
He tries to run and the wall melts in front of him, letting him burn his way straight into the hanger.
((I assume Miya is in his regular place in the hangar? If not, just ignore my post.))

"Holy hell, what is that? Where did that even come from? WHY DOES THIS STUFF KEEP HAPPENING?
How do I stop it, or stabilize it or something?"
he frantically yells to the AM while patching her through so she can see what's happening. "Any idea whatsoever will do."

Back away from the Grate thing. A good amount.
If AM has any sort of advice on how to stabilize him or help him using my manip, do so.
If not, just try to stop or slow down whatever is going on with him, if that fails or I have no idea of how to do so, just use manip to push it away from the Sword and other teammates, but not off of the gangway if possible.

((No idea if this will work at all, but it's the only thing I could think of to help. Adding more space magick to the situation might just make it worse though.

Looking at the thread title, I'm curious about 2 things:
-If he had passed that will roll, would he have become some sort of powerful being capable of bending physics? Or would it just have lowered the bad effects?
-If Miya had failed his will roll during his 'Apotheosis', would it have resulted in him going mad with power and Steve putting him down before he wrecks the ship? Might want to research later what could happen in a worst-case scenario then.

Anyone ever seen that movie Akira? I like that movie.
((Of course you do, who doesn't right?))
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:26:17 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20995 on: December 07, 2013, 05:29:58 pm »

((1. He's a kid surrounded by cyborgs, robots, inhuman monstrosities, and the Armory Master. He's also got a bit of a "useless complex" right now. What did you expect?
((The first time was Steven Hawking reviving you. Not really under your control, but it's you becoming quantum.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #20996 on: December 07, 2013, 05:31:35 pm »

"May, let's leave for a bit. I'm not liking those noises."
Thomas halts the cooking and runs.

"Oh no. If this is happening....then Grate...he might...he...he's going to....HE'S GOING TO RUIN MY FELAFEL. NOOOOOO~"

Reluctantly run away with Thomas away from horrible Grate Monster.

"Steve! Is Grate's electroshock implant still working to any extent?"

((With the entirety of the Sword possibly in danger, that makes me think; aren't there hundreds of other people in different parts of the ship that we haven't seen yet? Or was Steve lying about that too?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #20997 on: December 07, 2013, 05:56:25 pm »

((With the entirety of the Sword possibly in danger, that makes me think; aren't there hundreds of other people in different parts of the ship that we haven't seen yet? Or was Steve lying about that too?))

(( Huh, that's an interesting point. He did imply that we were not the only prisoner unit on the ship, see mission 1 where 6 teams were sent down from the sword, implicitly from 6 different prisoner units on the sword. However, we were the only ones involved in this assault. Or at least, the only ones visibly involved. Perhaps other prisoner units have simply been converted to 'crew', with us being somehow special in terms of the units on this ship. Judging by the gangway, there certainly seem to be an extremely large amount of crew on the sword. ))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20998 on: December 07, 2013, 05:57:41 pm »

((Know what? I know who Xan is. I have obtained this knowledge from old cartoons.
Long ago, I, Aku, shapeshifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil upon the world!))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20999 on: December 07, 2013, 06:02:17 pm »

Looking at the thread title, I'm curious about 2 things:
-If he had passed that will roll, would he have become some sort of powerful being capable of bending physics? Or would it just have lowered the bad effects?
-If Miya had failed his will roll during his 'Apotheosis', would it have resulted in him going mad with power and Steve putting him down before he wrecks the ship? Might want to research later what could happen in a worst-case scenario then.
((I'm REALLY hoping that the Will roll is something I can repeat every turn to get under control...or, at least, repeat at some point so I have a chance of ever interacting with someone again.))

((The first time was Steven Hawking reviving you. Not really under your control, but it's you becoming quantum.))
((Well, Grate wasn't trying that time. He was just...succeeding.))

((Know what? I know who Xan is. I have obtained this knowledge from old cartoons.
Long ago, I, Aku, shapeshifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil upon the world!))
((Someone alert Samurai Jim!
...Or Miyamoto, since he has a Japanese name and is probably better-suited to fight Xan, but Samurai Miyamoto doesn't roll off the tongue so easily.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1398 1399 [1400] 1401 1402 ... 2101