_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 [1397] 1398 1399 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5822370 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #20940 on: December 06, 2013, 09:42:56 pm »

Volunteer for the survey work. Get details of the job.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20941 on: December 06, 2013, 11:21:01 pm »

Remember that time the human spaceship pile drived a man to death over the TV remote?
((Wait what? Also, sigging. P.S. I wonder how many of the quotes in my sig are from ER...))

((I'm starting to wonder if we should force Grate out of active duty. Not gonna do that, because obviously awful for GWG, but using child soldiers sure won't get us any brownie points with the general populace. And knowing PW he won't just let us ignore the fact he's a kid just for the sake of making it easier on us, I'm wondering if and how we'll have to deal with that in the future.))
((Good question...think I could make a decent remote-controlled robot or something for 7 tokens? Or can you think of some other support position he could take?))

Begin autopsy.
remove all organs and bits of tech from the body.
Remove the scalp and face as two seperate and whole entities.
Sever the skull from the spine and remove the back of the skull thereby converting it into a shoulder guard.
((...I am somewhat disturbed.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20942 on: December 06, 2013, 11:50:25 pm »

((I'm starting to wonder if we should force Grate out of active duty. Not gonna do that, because obviously awful for GWG, but using child soldiers sure won't get us any brownie points with the general populace. And knowing PW he won't just let us ignore the fact he's a kid just for the sake of making it easier on us, I'm wondering if and how we'll have to deal with that in the future.))
((Good question...think I could make a decent remote-controlled robot or something for 7 tokens? Or can you think of some other support position he could take?))
((If you want ill give steve my combat data from the mission and ask him to prototype my aux hardpoint so you can get one from the armory for cheap.))

Begin autopsy.
Sever the skull from the spine and remove the back of the skull thereby converting it into a shoulder guard.
((Why? that bald guy wants hair, i want to check for a changeling mask, there may be a recoverable amp in the skull and im already wearing an SUV worms skull and ribcage.
How is my practicality disturbing you?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20943 on: December 06, 2013, 11:53:45 pm »

Remember that time the human spaceship pile drived a man to death over the TV remote?
((Wait what? Also, sigging. P.S. I wonder how many of the quotes in my sig are from ER...))

((Oh man, this bit was glorious.  Honestly, you should follow the first quote link and just read for a while- there's some great stuff in there, including three permakills.))

((Jim's tourney killed more players than anything else besides the Dam Disaster and it never even ran!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20944 on: December 07, 2013, 12:01:00 am »

((I would hope it only killed the characters, not the players. Oh god, what did I sign up for?))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20945 on: December 07, 2013, 12:03:14 am »

((Ooooh lets rehost the tourney now that jim has handed out weapons.
:D))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20946 on: December 07, 2013, 12:11:23 am »

((If you want ill give steve my combat data from the mission and ask him to prototype my aux hardpoint so you can get one from the armory for cheap.))
['/quote]
((At first, I thought you were talking about Steven Jerle. For maybe three seconds, sure, but still...bed soon.))

Begin autopsy.
((Why? that bald guy wants hair, i want to check for a changeling mask, there may be a recoverable amp in the skull and im already wearing an SUV worms skull and ribcage.
How is my practicality disturbing you?))
((...))

((Ooooh lets rehost the tourney now that jim has handed out weapons.
:D))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20947 on: December 07, 2013, 05:44:27 am »

((In that case, go for a namite thrower, it's a really nice flamethrower that melts away unwanted pests (like sods, for example).))

((Radio, you know you can't just go and buy a namite thrower, right? Same goes for the Gungir, my grenade launcher, Bishop's monofilament bolas gun, or any of the other prototypes that have not yet been made standard equipment. The only prototype that's gotten that distinction so far is my previous character's Sibilius. The Namite thrower you offered to lend is the only one.))

((I'm pretty sure you can buy a Namite thrower, it'll just be more expensive that it would be if it were in the standard armory listing. You can buy all sorts of weird custom-made crap, so why not another namite thrower? Those prototypes were made one way or another, and if other people start buying them then that is even more proof that the prototype is a good design and therefore worthy of appearing in the armory. Unless Steve enforces some kind of copyright law, in which case you'd only need the inventor's approval.))
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:47:36 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20948 on: December 07, 2013, 09:06:05 am »

"Good luck dealing with that overload. There's probably enough flesh for several meat sandwiches down there." Milno says. And he is very knowledgeable about flesh sandwiches.

Wait for more Steve stuff, like planning what we will do from now on. If nothing of the kind happens: go to an airlock, remove the armor covering the upper left arm and try to make a small ridge of sharkmist appear over the skin. If successful, poke it with the strange alien gauntlet.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20949 on: December 07, 2013, 10:04:34 am »

If we bring you the ingredients, care to cook us Milno's Special? Maurice grinned.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #20950 on: December 07, 2013, 10:14:57 am »

STEPHEN HAWKING volunteers for overload duty. Because that is totally a good plan and nothing could possibly go wrong. Get a price check on a gauss type wrist mounted shuriken launcher before leaving.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Stacy Butter
« Reply #20951 on: December 07, 2013, 11:51:25 am »

Now spontaneous TV remote deathmatches he'd probably just put on YouTube.  I bet his channel is popular.  Spoiler- the HMRC is funded by ad revenue from it.
Hey, is this channel still up? We should consider if this could help our revolution.

STEPHEN HAWKING invents overload duty. Because that is totally a good plan and nothing could possibly go wrong. Get a price check on inventing a gauss type wrist mounted shuriken launcher before leaving.
((FTFY.))
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #20952 on: December 07, 2013, 01:08:54 pm »

Mission 10. Avatar of war. Heavy beam projector and a fission instigator.
Do you want to turn on Procedural back Building?

(( @Tavik, the Mission Replay's are essentially built on our perspective, in addition to whatever other data Steve had. What we didn't know, the simulation didn't know.
I assume the 'procedural back building' is procedurally adding on in the blanks of what we didn't see (i.e, cribbing a look at PW's notes to see what he would have had in the mission :P ) ))

I volunteer to examine the Shipyard. I helped break it, only seems right I'd help fix it.

Volunteer, Shipyard Pit
Got ya.

Depends on how damaged the suit is. If it's undamaged, full price, any damage and it drops to half.

((Errr... not sure?  The only time it got in a scrap was the Stacy Manip Snafu that blew up Grate.  It resulted in a broken leg for Lars but no damage mentioned for the suit itself.  Relevant text quoted below- I'll let you make the call.))

Lars' prayers get cut off about halfway through and he finds himself in a corner, leg broken and arm pinned beneath rubble; his MK III Busily pumping pain killers and immobilizing the bone.

Lars popped out of VR when he heard the call for service.  "Glorious Steve, I am always ready to serve you!  I will do anything you ask of me, but I would love to spread your name to the nonbelievers!" 

Exit VR and volunteer for the preaching job.
Meh, I didn't say the suit was damaged so yeah.

Signed up

Volunteer. Would Gilgamesh be useful for a specific job? If yes, volunteer for that. If no, volunteer for either the diplomats or the amp overload.

Amp overload would require going in without Gil, You ok with that?

"I'll go down and check the manipulator aftermath. Any idea of what we'll find, or more specifically, will it try and eat us? And if it does, would you prefer we kill it or capture it?"

Volunteer to check out the overload aftermath.

>Not sure, really. Too many variables. Something interesting, no doubt.

I got the corpses.

Volunteer for corpse duty, go lock my mannequin and suit (I think it's undamaged) in a locker somewhere after selling my remaining 1 med thing for the 1 token. Then go start absorbing the dead bodies.
Hold your horses.

"...Dangerous...um...one at a time, I guess."

Make both pills, if I haven't already.
Put manipulator pill in locker, safely away from the potential test subjects. Also make sure pill machine is in locker. Lock locker. Move to a room closer to the infirmary, AM, and such.

Eat the battery pill, examine self.
If still, you know, functional, volunteer for bot duty.

Complain about ninja.
Nah, too meta. But seriously, I got ninja'd twice thrice.

*Sigh* so now this is happening. There goes all attempts to do something quickly. See bottom of this post.
"I could try helping with the diplomacy side of things, if my comrades are willing to accept me of course."
Charles volunteers for diplomacy.
((Are there any speech decompensators?))
(Yes)

Got ya

"Ooh, Steve! I'll go for the worker roundup, if I may!"

Volunteer for the calming of workers and diplomacy. I should be good at that, right? I've got a laser shotgun, after all!

Fine.
"Thanks, "Joseph sees miyamoto with the mining laser"I will give you four tokens for that mining laser my good man"
buy mining laser for 4 token, drag laser back to am
"Would you happen to have a method of carrying this easily for 3 token?"
@steve "I volunteer for the shipyard"
"For three tokens? Not...really. A MK III would do it, even just a exoskeleton would do it. But three won't buy you an exosuit good enough to boost it to what you need. "

((Not even a roll, Piecewise?))

Buy a pick or mattock at the armoury, then volunteer for the overload.

A pickax? Sure, why not.

Would getting the head shot off of the MKII half it's price? If so I may just sell it to Nik.
Yeah, thats some damage there.

Actually, you shouldn't have your MK II since they just took your head and your body was vaporized by the nuke.

Quote from: Lyra to Steve
I want to help.
volunteer

>Not entirely sure where to put you. You're not exactly a great fighter, you'd probably scare the survivors,You're probably afraid of Xan and We've got enough people to go get irradiated already.

Just pick one and we'll run with it.

The manip for what you bought it for, the civ gun, for nothing.

Miyamoto making bank yet again.

((You betcha! But really, I've been incredibly lucky up till now when it comes to earning tokens. In fact, previous mission was the first mission where Miya didn't earn most the tokens. And that mining laser has been sittin' in my inventory up till now being useless, yet I just made a good profit on it. Really lucky indeed.))

Sell the Microwave manip for 3 tokens, bringing my total to 21 according to idiots_in_space. Send AM message to ask if I can buy a uncon-decomp, and where I need to go to get it installed. If there's no problems, get that uncon decomp installed.

Ask her what the limitations (hardware wise) on the matter manipulation are. Can I convert atoms into different atoms? Rearrange molecules into new complex substances? How precise is the control? How complex can I go?

>Ok, So we might as well get this started. Lets see, what needs getting done.
Alright, we need a few people to go down and check on the after math of that amp overload. A few to handle some survey work for me, one to inspect the damage to the shipyard pit, we'll give you a suit for that, a coalition of hopefully good diplomats to go start rounding up the workers from the deep places they've hidden. And finally, I need a few cleaners to help the bots clear out all the dead bodies. Hopefully before the workers see too many of them.
Any volunteers?

"I'm volunteering for whatever part of that job you need me. But since I've also got other stuff to do, and to give someone else a chance at some action, be sure to put me at the very end of the list. So only take me if you really need my services."

((@SC: seems I won't be needing any loan after all. But thanks for the offer.

I'm wondering what drawbacks the heavy laser battlesuit will have. Maybe it lacks some of the features a normal 'suit has.))

Mission 10. Avatar of war. Plasma projector and a gauss cannon.
((Remember: an Avatar of War with standard armament options comes with a Rapid fire Gauss Cannon. So you might want to change the gauss cannon with something else. Or just dual-wield them for some overkilly goodness. You also cannot use the built-in grav amp, could change that for something else too. Although the +1 from the Avatar could mean you do reach the stat requirement, not sure.))
If still, you know, functional, volunteer for bot duty.
(Don't worry about that.)

So you get that perfect decomp installed. I'll save you the work of having to wander around, get your suit opened and operated on, because stuff.

"There aren't any limits beyond the fact that you can't get any more subatomic then atom innards. No messing with quarks, but you can pull apart atoms and rearrange the numbers of protons, neutrons and electrons to make new things. Mostly, the limits are your own capacity. Making a lump of iron into a sword is fairly easy, converting the atmosphere around you into steel and then into a machine gun is possible, but hard. And don't try to make anything living. Again, it's possible, but not smart."

Teal wishes he could raise his hand.
Teal attempts to say 'I'm good at cleaning'.
Instead he says 'Glub'.

((Am I going to need to sit this one out? I'm feeling like I should've gone robbut.))

If able to, leave tank and join mission.

((P.W. Also re: explosives. I don't know exactly how many tokens you gave me, so I figured if i just said they're all going into explosives, then you could just pick one and throw it at me.))
(Although if I'm joining the cleanup crew I would prefer a flamethrower.)
A rather low quality flame thrower is possible for your funding. And...eh whatever, you can leave your tank to go on missions. Which one though?

Begin autopsy of the Urban Executor.
Check brain and inside of skull for amps.

((@piecewise, My idiots in space inventory is still wrong, heres the correct version.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You going all predator on us eh?

You hack up the corpse of the UE, tearing out bits of metal and melted tech before hacking up the body into trophy pieces and strapping them onto yourself. Now you just have to make sure Milno doesn't start gnawing on them...

But anyway, Denzel will volunteer for survey duty. And maaaaybe buy a microwave amp.

>Actually, I think I'll send you out on survey duty with the Doc. He wants to scout locations for his flesh pits.

Volunteer for the survey work. Get details of the job.
>You too.
((I would hope it only killed the characters, not the players. Oh god, what did I sign up for?))

IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME YOU DIE FOR REAAAAAAL!

"Good luck dealing with that overload. There's probably enough flesh for several meat sandwiches down there." Milno says. And he is very knowledgeable about flesh sandwiches.

Wait for more Steve stuff, like planning what we will do from now on. If nothing of the kind happens: go to an airlock, remove the armor covering the upper left arm and try to make a small ridge of sharkmist appear over the skin. If successful, poke it with the strange alien gauntlet.
You wander off and into the airlock.
[will:2+1]
You can see your skin discolor a bit and bulge, but no ridge forms, at least this time. Hmm.

Steve stops talking for a moment and looks in the vague direction of the hanger.

>I feel a great disturbance in the force. As though the concept of common sense suddenly cried out in terror and was then silenced.

He looks back at the people still in the briefing room.

>The newbies might want to duck.

In the locker rooms, Grate takes his pill and for a moment everything seems fine. Then his skin fades to a pure white and his flesh budges strangely, till he half resembles a tiny, synthflesh child.
[will:2]

The lights in the room glow far too bright and then explode. Lockers bend and bow, being forced away from him. He tries to run and the wall melts in front of him, letting him burn his way straight into the hanger. The shuttles rattle on their racks and metal crates begin to rise into the air, glowing red hot. The ground beneath his feet rapidly cycles between different materials and light shimmers and behaves in ways not normally seen outside gravity wells and pulsars. His body glows, streams of condensed energy flowing off of it as he holds his head, trying to control whats happening, trying to calm the unimaginable amount of information he's receiving. Every atom screams, every string of weak nuclear force rings like a tiny bell, gravity is a far away roar.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20953 on: December 07, 2013, 01:14:06 pm »

((Forgot me volunteering for either Shipyard, or Survey.

Also, wow. This is going to be... interesting.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20954 on: December 07, 2013, 01:14:29 pm »

Yes.
Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 [1397] 1398 1399 ... 2101