_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 [1394] 1395 1396 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5947425 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #20895 on: December 06, 2013, 12:13:53 pm »

((Well yeah, but the one I have right now is far too conventional.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #20896 on: December 06, 2013, 01:29:20 pm »

((Just ask for a *really* stretchy MkII with a large intake port.))
((NoNo, have the Doc GROW you a suit. Out of the Quantum Grate corpse :P

And then go say hi to Grate while kinda wearing him >:D))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20897 on: December 06, 2013, 01:32:06 pm »

Really, I just need a radiation shield.
Sig! Onol

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #20898 on: December 06, 2013, 01:45:10 pm »

Really, I just need a radiation shield.
((When has "I only need this one thing" ever been acceptable in a RTD? YOU NEED TO GET GREEDY MAYN!))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20899 on: December 06, 2013, 01:47:52 pm »

What's funny about the Tau is that they started as the seemingly 'unambiguously good guys' until the 40K setting caught up with them and they were implied to forcefully sterilize the populace of conquered planets and employing brainwashing to pacify their own people.
Grimdark ensued.
Ah, yes. Lovely.
They're still a bit better than Nazis, which is way more than most factions can say.

(("Hey, Miyamoto, can you determine how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?"))
"HAHA! MY OBSESSION WITH CENTERS HAS RUBBED OFF ON MY QUANTUM PROTEGE!"
((1. That was OOC.
2. That was not Grate. (Check the text color.)
3. That's a pretty sturdy meme.))

((NoNo, have the Doc GROW you a suit. Out of the Quantum Grate corpse :P))
((Wait what.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20900 on: December 06, 2013, 02:04:15 pm »

((To be fair, the Tau's goodness actually felt a bit forced. Even before the grimdark rewrite, I suspected some kind of mindfuck via Ethereal to keep all of the Castes together.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #20901 on: December 06, 2013, 02:36:47 pm »

mission replay.

((Time to do some silliness with this!))
Which mission? What load out? Activate Procedural backbuilding?

Ask the AM how much the following are worth (per item if it's not too much of a bother):

Microwave manipulator (19/20) 
civilian gauss pistol (14,2,5/14 rounds)

Sell the Mining laser to Joseph for 4 tokens.
Then sell Anton the 2 mapping drones for 1 token. That's 1 token for both of the drones.

((If anyone wants to buy any of these, just give a yell, and we can work something out. Mining laser = cutting laser but heavier and can be recharged. Mapping drones = scout drones once upgraded, can also work automatically. Rest is what it says on the tin.))

Well, that player description does need update badly. But that death list doesn't. Take that as you will.

((Dum dum duuuuuum.))

You're an interesting case, mr. Alarith. You will have the chance of being recovered. And you will have the chance to level up. In fact, you'll be the focus of a mini-mission thats coming up. So sit tight for a little bit sir. You'll have fun soon.

((Ooh, curious to what this will be about. Miya will most certainly not be going though. Stupidly small tunnels.   :P  ))
The manip for what you bought it for, the civ gun, for nothing.

Miyamoto making bank yet again.
...Are you sure you want to do that?
Yes. What's the worst that could happen? It's not like this will be the worst thing to happen to the Sword.

Worst-case-scenario, I discover if Grate is still quantum.

((Ninja'd...))

((Daaaamn.
Say Grate, perhaps you should tell the Doc before you eat the manipulator pill.))
((Well, when the horrible omnicidal crime against nature playing another such being is showing caution...))

Go tell the Doctor what I'm going to do. If he doesn't react extremely negatively (let's say a minimum of "Better me than you," exclusive) eat the pill(s).
Such things may be dangerous, Manipulator batteries do not carry electrical charges.

((InB4 Alarith goes full Altered.))

"Prohibitively expensive? Hmm....I suppose I'll just settle with normal shuriken for the wrist mounted variant, would that make the price reasonable? And still effective in combat?

I'll just save the monoatomic ones for the Anti-Orbital version...."

Just shooting shaped metal rounds out of a modified Gauss gun is a cheap enough way of handing it. It's the monoatomic filaments and the motors for them and everything else that would be too expensive.

((Can I buy that mining laser off of you RC?))
"Excuse me, what generator does the mark suits run on these days?"
ask am

"It's a nuclear reactor of sorts, but one that doesn't need bulky turbines and steam power. It's based of a modified version of the Johnson thermoelectric energy converter, with controlled fission a heat source. Its effective life is around a decade, assuming it's not damaged or altered."

Hey Mesk, can I steal your scalp? Mine's broken.
Steal Mesk's scalp. Then go to the med bay and ask them to transplant it onto my head.

You try to scalp mesk, but mesk keeps dodging into your knife and embedding it in himself so that you can't use it.

"What an unorthodox fighting method! Masochist style!"

((You missed me Piecewise, but that's quite alright considering how many people are posting. I see you did update my stats in the Idiots file though. And the reason Mesor did not bleed when cut was because he asked for modification, and pissed off the doctor. He felt no pain, at least until the medication he was on wore off. He was also violently allergic to all other kinds of painkiller except the one the Doc gave him. Oh, and he was no long able to be treated by medbay. He had to rely on teammates for treatment.))

Go buy a Mass Manipulation Amp, and have it installed.

Done and done.

Go ahead and let him chop it off if I have time to regrow it fully before the next mission. See if he's got something that could make the regeneration go faster, and if not, keep eating a lot.
Before these next series of mini missions? Nah, not enough time then.

((Holy crap there's a lot of us.))

Teal uses whatever tokens he recieved from Steve's pity fund to Buy more explosives.
What kind?

"Thank you, Sandy!"

Return to the Briefing Room, examine what the High Energy Projector looks like. Check for interesting-looking buttons, but don't press any of them.

I don't remember the energy projector having anything special on it. Did it? I know the crystalline projector has something that no one has used successfully.

Start watching the previous missions. See what I can learn from them.
Watch them where? The program on the VR is a way to participate in them, more then watch.

practice performing autopsies in a vr machine.
Toward what end? I generally don't do rolls when it comes to carving up corpses.

Wait a little, see if any new briefing information is forthcoming.

If not, get the drones from Miya, leave for the Rec Room and get into Tinker.

Summon a copy of one of the mapping drones I have, and a standard Scout Eye. Examine both thoroughly.

Are the designs related, internally? Is one based off the other or are they entirely different? Which, if so, is a more "advanced" design, in terms of flight time, maneuvering, comms range, and other capabilities? Which uses more advanced tech?

Summon a drone rack, and compare the same parameters of an individual "softball" drone to the scout eye and mapping drone.

Basically, determine which drone would be best used as the basis for a maneuverable "sensor swarm" around a user, as per the previously outlined "army drone" concept.

Waaaaait for it

((Grimderp is an awesome word.))

Head to AM, get a price quote on turning in the MkIII.

Head to VR, spawn a Heavy Laser Battlesuit, and examine its systems.  Test out the heavy laser it comes with on various targets, including a MkIII, Battlesuit, and AoW.  See how it compares to the Cutting Laser in terms of power.

Depends on how damaged the suit is. If it's undamaged, full price, any damage and it drops to half.

Also, the heavy laser is gonna be more powerful. It's not even gonna notice a mkIII, but the Battlesuit and AOW have laser resistant armor, so it's gonna have more of a problem there.

Go get that mannequin from the AM if I haven't. Also get a price check for what I'd get for turning in my MKII.

Again, depends on damage.

You get your human analog.

>Ok, So we might as well get this started. Lets see, what needs getting done.

Alright, we need a few people to go down and check on the after math of that amp overload. A few to handle some survey work for me, one to inspect the damage to the shipyard pit, we'll give you a suit for that, a coalition of hopefully good diplomats to go start rounding up the workers from the deep places they've hidden. And finally, I need a few cleaners to help the bots clear out all the dead bodies. Hopefully before the workers see too many of them.

Any volunteers?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20902 on: December 06, 2013, 02:45:44 pm »

Mission 10. Avatar of war. Heavy beam projector and a fission instigator.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 05:48:48 pm by Tavik Toth »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20903 on: December 06, 2013, 02:52:03 pm »

(( @Tavik, the Mission Replay's are essentially built on our perspective, in addition to whatever other data Steve had. What we didn't know, the simulation didn't know.
I assume the 'procedural back building' is procedurally adding on in the blanks of what we didn't see (i.e, cribbing a look at PW's notes to see what he would have had in the mission :P ) ))

I volunteer to examine the Shipyard. I helped break it, only seems right I'd help fix it.

Volunteer, Shipyard Pit
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:01:01 pm by Kriellya »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20904 on: December 06, 2013, 02:57:04 pm »

Depends on how damaged the suit is. If it's undamaged, full price, any damage and it drops to half.

((Errr... not sure?  The only time it got in a scrap was the Stacy Manip Snafu that blew up Grate.  It resulted in a broken leg for Lars but no damage mentioned for the suit itself.  Relevant text quoted below- I'll let you make the call.))

Lars' prayers get cut off about halfway through and he finds himself in a corner, leg broken and arm pinned beneath rubble; his MK III Busily pumping pain killers and immobilizing the bone.

Lars popped out of VR when he heard the call for service.  "Glorious Steve, I am always ready to serve you!  I will do anything you ask of me, but I would love to spread your name to the nonbelievers!" 

Exit VR and volunteer for the preaching job.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20905 on: December 06, 2013, 02:58:45 pm »

Volunteer. Would Gilgamesh be useful for a specific job? If yes, volunteer for that. If no, volunteer for either the diplomats or the amp overload.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:08:35 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20906 on: December 06, 2013, 02:59:42 pm »

"I'll go down and check the manipulator aftermath. Any idea of what we'll find, or more specifically, will it try and eat us? And if it does, would you prefer we kill it or capture it?"

Volunteer to check out the overload aftermath.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20907 on: December 06, 2013, 02:59:59 pm »

I got the corpses.

Volunteer for corpse duty, go lock my mannequin and suit (I think it's undamaged) in a locker somewhere after selling my remaining 1 med thing for the 1 token. Then go start absorbing the dead bodies.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:35:57 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20908 on: December 06, 2013, 03:00:16 pm »

"...Dangerous...um...one at a time, I guess."

Make both pills, if I haven't already.
Put manipulator pill in locker, safely away from the potential test subjects. Also make sure pill machine is in locker. Lock locker. Move to a room closer to the infirmary, AM, and such.

Eat the battery pill, examine self.
If still, you know, functional, volunteer for bot duty.

Complain about ninja.
Nah, too meta. But seriously, I got ninja'd twice thrice.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20909 on: December 06, 2013, 03:02:07 pm »

I'd go check the amp overload results as well. At the very least, it should be enlightening.
Volunteer for the amp overload aftermath mission.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 [1394] 1395 1396 ... 2101