_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1380 1381 [1382] 1383 1384 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937129 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #20715 on: December 04, 2013, 11:42:30 am »

As per Unholy and the loot debacle, I understand his
annoyance, but I also understand the other arguments. So
hows about this compromise:

If you directly kill someone or something, their Loot is yours,
period. If you just find stuff sitting around, then it goes in the
community pile BUT people who actually found stuff get first
pick of the pile, since it's their work they're sharing.

Fair?
Not really, characters like jim and miyamoto have a major advantage when it comes to killing stuff and its not really fair to be able to claim something as your own thirty turns after abandoning it.
That said it could probably work out with a few tweaks.

I have a much simpler compromise, if radio matches the two token donation he volunteered me for and gives it to a zero token newbie ill simply shut up and move on.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20716 on: December 04, 2013, 11:43:32 am »

Grate had started to take cover from the impending, probably-space-magic-including fight. He considers his options.

He has a gauss rifle; this could do for now.
He has a manipulator and a little idea how to use it. The battery life is...problematic, though.
He has 6 tokens.

Grate decides to save his tokens for now, since he doesn't know what to do with them. He briefly considers trying to make a token pill, but decides that that's silly.
What could he do with the manipulator? He was a bit...uneasy about using it, all things considered. Bad juju. On the other hand, he wanted to do something with it...
Token pill. Manipulator. Manipulator pill?

Head to the locker and open it, removing the pill machine. Remove the battery for the manipulator and see if either the battery or the rest of the manipulator will fit. If either does so, put them through the machine.
(Assuming at least one works:)
Grate stares at the pill. He had no idea what would happen. It could be great...or horrible.
Was this really such a good idea? This wasn't just using bad juju; this was eating it. Maybe he should test it...but manipulators are expensive. Well, only a few tokens, but that's half of Grate's pocket change. And he doesn't even know if the tests will be helpful.
Maybe he should just throw away or sell the pills.
"Um...okay..." Grate wipes his eyes and wanders about.

Wander about, confused and sad. (And slightly useless at the moment.)
You walk in a little circle of depression.
Grate, back at the ship, kicks a wall.
"Ow. That was dumb...almost as dumb as going out with Miss Feyri. What can I do? Glare them to death?"
He formalizes his wandering into a path for the dormitory.
"I'm useless. I can't do anything, unless maybe something gets broken and I need to fix it. And when something breaks...everything always breaks.

What am I good at? What makes me not dead weight?
Well, I guess I could be a bullet sponge, but I'm not big or threatening enough for anyone to intentionally shoot at me when other people are around, so that's even stupider than it sounded a minute ago.
I guess I could use some kind of techy stuff...

"I could get what, a Scout Eye? Medicine? Maybe some better armor? There's tons of eyes already, and they're not that useful really. Medicine? I'm no medic. It's better than nothing, but I can't do anything. Especially when people get stabbed in the back with chunks of frozen air or exploded by their own magic sand or blown apart with layshow rifles or something. I guess I could take heads back, maybe get a monorazor, but Head Recovery Guy isn't very useful."

"...Who am I kidding, I'll take what I can get."

Wish I wasn't so useless.
Also say hi to Grate when I pass him (WE'RE USELESS BUDDIES :P)
"...Who am I kidding, I'll take what I can get."
Pray to every god I have ever heard of. Isallam, Zeus, Thor, Quantum...even Steve. Can't hurt, right?
Pause, nervously.
Eat any pills the machine makes, before I have second thoughts.

(If neither fits)
Grate stares at the two oversized objects and puts the battery back in the manipulator. Time to think of something else.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20717 on: December 04, 2013, 11:45:30 am »

((manipulator batteries are not removable))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20718 on: December 04, 2013, 11:46:28 am »

((Then how do you replace them?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20719 on: December 04, 2013, 11:47:01 am »

((you replace the entire manipulator))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20720 on: December 04, 2013, 11:47:46 am »

(I think you just buy a new one. Ninja'd. Also, you should get some of your blood and a bit of synthflesh, then take that pill and see if you can get yourself a synthflesh body. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20721 on: December 04, 2013, 11:49:20 am »

((I can't even begin to imagine what kind of hilarity can result from pill-arizing a kinetic amp..

Also, you don't quite buy a new one, you just get the old one replaced via unspecified means, which costs 3 token regardless of manipulator cost.))
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:50:58 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20722 on: December 04, 2013, 11:52:31 am »

+5 to Dex. +3 to Con. 6 tokens (2 Miya, 4 Steve).

Go see the doctor about my stupid mutation and get it fixed back to normal. NO EXPERIMENTING!

((Please make a note of my rocket rifle! I plan to trade it in soon!))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20723 on: December 04, 2013, 11:53:53 am »

+1 Charisma, +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity.
+1 handiwork, +1 speech, +1 intuition. 1 token (miyamoto).

Go to VR and check all options.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20724 on: December 04, 2013, 11:56:29 am »

((you replace the entire manipulator))
(I think you just buy a new one. Ninja'd.
((EVERY manipulator mentions extra batteries. Which have a somewhat better use:battery ratio than I remembered, but still.))

Also, you should get some of your blood and a bit of synthflesh, then take that pill and see if you can get yourself a synthflesh body. >.>)
((I'd prefer to A. test that first and B. have something...unique.))

((I can't even begin to imagine what kind of hilarity can result from pill-arizing a kinetic amp.
((I considered doing that, but I decided that the manipulator that killed me would be more...interesting.))

Also, you don't quite buy a new one, you just get the old one replaced via unspecified means, which costs 3 token regardless of manipulator cost.))
((Worth a shot.))
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20725 on: December 04, 2013, 12:15:54 pm »

(( Hey Toaster, you said you were looking to turn in a MK III? ))

((That's right- I'd like to get Lars a battlesuit.  I'm curious what the trade in value on this one will be first, though, since it's very lightly used.  If it's less than full, I'll let you have first refusal.))

@GM Requesting status check. Any notable events that happened with Maurice during his internship? Oh, and what part did he play in the recent events? Just hoping here he was at least somewhat useful (say, by working in the infirmary) and didn't hide in the corner doing absolutely nothing.))

((Welcome back!  Maurice settled in well to his role of doctor's apprentice, and has been seen many times getting people back to health.

Basically, Steve has been plotting a rebellion against the UWM for hundreds of years, and he has finally executed the first step of the plan.  We (and the rest of the HMRC) are his army.))

Manipulator batteries

((As for the manip batteries, they're black box batteries just like the manips themselves are black boxes.  Since the battery for the manip costs just as much as the manip itself, why not feed in the whole damn thing?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20726 on: December 04, 2013, 12:34:02 pm »

+5 Strength, +3 Conventional Weapons - having a robot body has really helped Stacy overcome the weakness and unsteadiness that the flesh is known for! Of course, he still needs to learn how to aim, but that may change soon!

Stacy currently has 5 tokens, two of which are from the mission!

Run for the armory and see if I can trade in the kinetic hammer for the original price of 4 tokens, considering it has gone completely unused in all the time I've had it. If yes, purchase the High Energy Projector!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 01:29:01 pm by Harry Baldman »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20727 on: December 04, 2013, 12:43:08 pm »

Kills: ?
Tokens: 0
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #20728 on: December 04, 2013, 12:46:23 pm »

((Welcome back, Nik!))

+1 Token (1 Miya, 0 Steve)
+3 Will, +2 Cha
+1 Exo, +2 Aux

((Got the +1 Exo bonus, and +1 Will bonus. And I won't put more into Exo for a while I guess, since I don't want to become an overshoot machine...))

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20729 on: December 04, 2013, 12:51:33 pm »

Level up!
+5 willpower, +3 Exotic. Token from mission, 4 bonus, 2 payment, total of 6. Head to the armory and grab a mass amp.

((Look out teammates. Morul's getting an amp. Hrmm. I think I've got seven token, so I could get the mass amp, or the microwave. Choices choices. Edit: Mass amp it is! And oh man, Maurice is back. You've been doing good man. You were vaguely like Jurgen, a buffer against the hordes of potential experimental subjects, so the Doctor had more time to violate the genetics ban.))
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 01:14:04 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 1380 1381 [1382] 1383 1384 ... 2101