_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1356 1357 [1358] 1359 1360 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5939155 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #20355 on: November 28, 2013, 01:48:08 pm »

((Nothing here, part of an accidental triple- post streak.))
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 01:54:19 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #20356 on: November 28, 2013, 01:51:39 pm »

((Okay, that was a weird error. Accidental triple-post.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #20357 on: November 28, 2013, 01:53:02 pm »

"Nah, think about how we spin it - we're the oppressed underdogs, wrongly imprisoned by a corrupt government and forced into deadly slave labour.  Just a small shift in thinking and we can reclaim our name for ourselves, and turn public opinion away from the UWM in one fell swoop.  Just as long as... just as long as they forget about what the HMRC has actually, y'know, done."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20358 on: November 28, 2013, 01:58:14 pm »

"Nah, think about how we spin it - we're the oppressed underdogs, wrongly imprisoned by a corrupt government and forced into deadly slave labour.  Just a small shift in thinking and we can reclaim our name for ourselves, and turn public opinion away from the UWM in one fell swoop.  Just as long as... just as long as they forget about what the HMRC has actually, y'know, done."

"That's true. Also, people aren't really familiar with standard HMRC operating procedure. It's all rumors so far. And all the records and real evidence are either in the possession or under the control of Steve himself, so there's no problem."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20359 on: November 28, 2013, 02:10:46 pm »

"A feat much easier accomplished if we don't go flaunting the name of the HMRC everywhere, especially before we got around to doing the good deeds to change the public's opinion of the organization. Make a name for ourselves, a new name, something that will allow us to go and do things without the ever-present "evil eye", without the suspicions and resentment. People may dislike the UWM, secretly or openly, but the reasons for a person's being in the Corps are typically limited to those that still label each and every member a criminal of the worst kind. There are exceptions, perhaps, as there always are, but for every one man or woman sent here for political or military reasons, how many are here on charges of murder? Mass murder? Or worse than that? And that's just us, on this here ship. Like it or not, the name of the HMRC is a curse. If we want to have any positive traction with the public in this endeavor, we have to leave that name behind, at least until we've established ourselves as the good guys."

((I am so putting my next skill point into Speech with all this arguing.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20360 on: November 28, 2013, 02:20:10 pm »

((Thank you for reminding me about speech rolls :P))
Compelled by the phantasmal bold text - which strangely described itself and its action for some enigmatic reason - Charles uses a speech roll in favor of having a name other than HMRC.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20361 on: November 28, 2013, 03:48:59 pm »

yay for HMRC

moneys get
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20362 on: November 28, 2013, 04:23:30 pm »

I'm in the HMRC! Yaaayyy!!!

Yay HMRC
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20363 on: November 28, 2013, 04:41:03 pm »

"Nay."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20364 on: November 28, 2013, 06:01:40 pm »

"Gonna say nay to keeping HMRC. It's where horrible criminals go, and suddenly attempting to overthrow the UWM isn't going to change that."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20365 on: November 28, 2013, 06:03:53 pm »

going back around the Pony Predator towards Jim, walk over to the far side of Jim from the PP, and keep him between me and it at all times.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20366 on: November 28, 2013, 06:24:42 pm »

"I have already made my opinion pretty clear, but just for clarity I officially vote NAY. We rreaaaly don't need the stigma that the HMRC carries with it, it'll be hard enough already without that."
Miyamoto's team had a bit more trouble then the others and a lot more property damage, but considering the circumstances I can't really blame them.

Now, after we get this name thing worked out, we can start the planning for the next step in this war.
"Yeah well, in our defense, we did encounter the most resistance out of all the teams. Hell, we probably took out more sods and UE's then the other squads combined! But, lesson learned: better distribute firepower next time.

Wait, are we going to be part of the planning? Sweet."

(So, current balance for the reward fund is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
@ Kisame: how much of the mission fund ammo left?
Sorry, but you guys will probably have to wait a day or two more before you get your tokens, depending on how fast SC, Cael, pw and me can work this out.
The way we'll do this: all the stuff from the mission fund gets returned and added to the fund. The other loot will be rated for their token worth, and that amount will be added to the pool. Then, people can decide if they want their payment in tokens, or in an equal amount worth of gear (or a combination of the two, of course).

@ PieceWise: could you please, for each item on the following list, tell us how many tokens we'd get if we returned these to the AM?
Also, in the beginning of the mission, you said that 'bonuses ' could be awarded, will this be the case? And will these be awarded to individuals, or rather extra tokens for the reward fund?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh god I hope I got everything now, darn if this isn't annoying. What am I, an accountant?))

((@ SC: just in case you hadn't noticed yet, check your inbox please.))
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 07:14:24 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20367 on: November 28, 2013, 06:46:25 pm »

((The 5 grenades cost 1 token, 1 of them was used.
The 5 cameras cost 1 token, 2 of them remain. Edit: The rest are in the overload area, might be recoverable.
The shield cost 3 tokens, it is completely unused.
Total is 5 tokens, could probably return what I got for 4.

Edit: Although I probably shouldn't had posted this, since piecewise was likely to forget how many of them I used.))
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 06:51:13 pm by Parisbre56 »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20368 on: November 28, 2013, 07:06:09 pm »

I'm with the Nay camp, though if the rest of us can't agree on a name otherwise, perhaps the path of least resistance is best. The HMRC is a tool of the UWM, and a tool of fear. We aren't either, though it is perhaps not worth losing the name entirely. I'm sure there is still use for the name, but not as the name of a revolution.

(( On the 'tallying up the return value', my drones were 12 tokens, and 3 of 10 have been destroyed by my count (cause I feel like being helpful, PW :P) So I would expect a maximum return value of 8 tokens, more reasonably probably 4 to 6 tokens from the drones. ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20369 on: November 28, 2013, 07:31:08 pm »

going back around the Pony Predator towards Jim, walk over to the far side of Jim from the PP, and keep him between me and it at all times.
"Bye, Lyra..."
(Um...)

"Why are we so worried about the name? ...Why are we naming it, anyways?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1356 1357 [1358] 1359 1360 ... 2101