_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1352 1353 [1354] 1355 1356 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5939156 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #20295 on: November 27, 2013, 09:53:58 pm »

((I'm not present at briefing when Steve mentions the name, but I have a few suggestions.

Heroic Marines Rebuilding from Corruption has a nice ring, although it might be a bit pretentious.
Humanity's Malady-Removing Coalition isn't bad either.
The United Men of the Worlds is a nice play on the UWM, and emphasizes a "for-the-people" attitude. I think I like that one the most.))

Spoiler: Random Crap (click to show/hide)

Grate awakes.
"...Ugh...I don't feel...I feel fine. Wasn't I crushed by stuff?"
Grate looks around.
"Where is everyone? Are they at one of those briefing things? Maybe debriefing? I'll go look."
He shakes his head as he gets up, vague images of higher dimensions in his mind.
"Maybe I'm not so fine."

He heads to the (de)briefing.
"Miss Feyri? Mister Jim? Lyra? Everyone else? What did I miss?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20296 on: November 27, 2013, 09:55:24 pm »

((You asked me about the hat thing?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20297 on: November 27, 2013, 10:01:31 pm »

(To be blunt, Tiruin's not around enough for it to ever be a thing, GWG. I'm probably going to drop or change the Feyri angle for Jim since it's been in a holding pattern for some time and I don't see that changing any time soon; it's kind of a weight around the character if I want to try to retain it as is. I'm more interested in developing these possible new dynamics between Jim & Lyra and Jim & Grate, and if TCM wants to hang out with Jim that could be interesting too.)

"Not much, Grate. Good to see you up and walking around." Jim patted the youngster on the shoulder with a spare hand. "We're trying to decide on a new name for our group, but I don't have any ideas. What do you think?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20298 on: November 27, 2013, 10:08:58 pm »

((No seriously I don't ever remember you asking me about the hat thing. It's a new 'dapper' fad (monocles and top hats on everything) avatar fad going around. It'll go away in a few weeks.))

Whatever the name is, it will have to appeal to the emotion of hope. That will empower the foolishness of the people long enough to get them to rise up.
Steve computer, why was the UWM formed in the first place? How did the Altered happen? There is a story there that I believe is important.

Ask Steve about history
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20299 on: November 27, 2013, 10:47:40 pm »

Lars shook his head.  "This is the time to bring glory and honor to Steve!  We should be singing his praises with every battle hymn we cry forth!  Why not choose a name that honors him appropriately?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20300 on: November 27, 2013, 10:58:34 pm »

((There's a difference between almost killing a third of the crew because you were brainhacked, and almost killing a third of the crew on a whim.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20301 on: November 27, 2013, 11:01:11 pm »

Lars shook his head.  "This is the time to bring glory and honor to Steve!  We should be singing his praises with every battle hymn we cry forth!  Why not choose a name that honors him appropriately?"
The flesh is weak and cowardly. Showing how our efforts are coordinated by a massive computer/brain hybrid will frighten the cowardly from our cause.
Sig! Onol

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20302 on: November 27, 2013, 11:33:44 pm »

Bishop blinks at the lump of misshapen flesh that is Xan.

"You do realise that you are almost completely made of flesh right now, right?

And as for names... The hell if I know. Just make something that doesn't make us sound like idiots, please Steve?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20303 on: November 27, 2013, 11:35:25 pm »

True, but my flesh is something entirely different from that of the lot of humanity. I am not bound by your form, and I plan to eventually surpass even these limitations.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20304 on: November 27, 2013, 11:40:32 pm »

(To be blunt, Tiruin's not around enough for it to ever be a thing, GWG. I'm probably going to drop or change the Feyri angle for Jim since it's been in a holding pattern for some time and I don't see that changing any time soon; it's kind of a weight around the character if I want to try to retain it as is. I'm more interested in developing these possible new dynamics between Jim & Lyra and Jim & Grate, and if TCM wants to hang out with Jim that could be interesting too.)
((Well, I like the dynamic of Feyri/Grate and Feyri/Lyra mixed with Grate/Lyra on the side. So I hope that Tir sticks around (or lets Lenglon keep playing her) so we can retain all those neat interactions with the quartet.))

((No seriously I don't ever remember you asking me about the hat thing.))
((It was probably in one of my megaposts.))

"Not much, Grate. Good to see you up and walking around." Jim patted the youngster on the shoulder with a spare hand. "We're trying to decide on a new name for our group, but I don't have any ideas. What do you think?"
"Oh...How about the United Men of the Worlds? It's sorta the reverse of the UWM. It makes us sound like a good People's Revolution, too. It's like the People's Republic of Something..."

"What about Steve's Team of Evangelical Virtuous Evangelists? Is that Stevey enough for you?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20305 on: November 27, 2013, 11:41:15 pm »

((Got sick yesterday, got worse today. I may try to contribute if an idea comes to my mind.))

Milno shrugs when Steve asks about a new name for their group. "Are you going to use the name we choose here only for this group or will you create a name using the most voted ones between all HMRC ships?"

Ask Steve.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20306 on: November 27, 2013, 11:42:36 pm »

Lars looks at Grate with a smile.  "There you go, son, that's a good idea... aren't you dead?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20307 on: November 27, 2013, 11:43:42 pm »

Xan stares at Grate oddly intently.
I saw you die. How are you here.
Sig! Onol

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20308 on: November 27, 2013, 11:54:07 pm »

Jim coughed and looked at Lars and Xan. "People die and are brought back all the time around here. Happened to me once." He couldn't explain it - from what he had heard, he couldn't explain it even if he had seen it with his own eyes. Best to just gloss over it. He turned back to Grate. "I'm not the best at naming things. I'll probably just go with what everyone thinks is best." He leaned closer and whispered. "But even if Lars can't tell what you're doing, there's no need to be sarcastic at him. He's a good man, if a little... enthusiastic."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20309 on: November 27, 2013, 11:56:39 pm »

No, no, not anything that the doctors here can bring organic life back from. He was irreversibly dead.
How are you here.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1352 1353 [1354] 1355 1356 ... 2101