_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937931 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: He is the One!
« Reply #19950 on: October 31, 2013, 03:33:39 pm »

then get into cover and wait and see if any bogies comes up.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19951 on: October 31, 2013, 04:26:19 pm »

"Hrmm. This may take a while."

Head to the armory, order a few beers and a new clip for my rifle. Drink beers, load clip, and get back to the gangway. Pick up a few batons if possible.

((Obviously the best plan here is to drink the pain away!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19952 on: October 31, 2013, 05:12:27 pm »

"Alright, alright. Don't mind me, I'll be a little distance away, discussing skateboards with scientists."

Find the science lab, or at least its entrance, look for somebody who looks like a doorman or representative for it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19953 on: October 31, 2013, 05:41:34 pm »

((I thought there were a few left. Whoops.))
"Oh. That's good."
Head back in. Go and take some recreational drugs. The norm.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19954 on: October 31, 2013, 06:36:40 pm »

Quote from: To Pancaek
Hey man, nice to hear you're still alive back there, despite shit apparently going down there as well. I knew you wouldn't go down that easy though, what with surviving that first mission together... Remember that? I think we should redo that mission in VR sometime, just to see how much robot ass we'd kick at this point. My guess: all of it.
However, at the moment, I'm not doing very great, also because I almost overdid it with the spess magicks. Maybe we should start a club or something.

By the way, that flammenwerfer you sold me? Great thing, very powerful.

Greetings,

Chunky brain salsa mix

Quote from: To Renen
Not sure where it came from exactly, but it looked like it came from somewhere around the towers near that giant pit, y'know, the one that got nuked or something. Maybe have someone with cameyes take a closer look.

Maintain my (was my action skipped even though you quoted it? you didn't say anything about it) new post on top of the cage. watch for incoming LESHO fire and be ready to make a vertial disk of heat in front of it for it to pass through, frying the electronics inside.
((i think miyamoto handled the earlier LESHO round the hard way))

((I'm not sure if this'll work. What you are trying to do is heat a certain area in front of the LESHO round, meaning you are heating the air molecules inside that space up to dangerous levels. However, as Zako has pointed out before, the outer shell of the projectile will be heat shielded, so if you don't actually heat the area itself the round is in, I think it'll just pass through undeterred.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19955 on: October 31, 2013, 06:46:33 pm »

((I'm not sure if this'll work. What you are trying to do is heat a certain area in front of the LESHO round, meaning you are heating the air molecules inside that space up to dangerous levels. However, as Zako has pointed out before, the outer shell of the projectile will be heat shielded, so if you don't actually heat the area itself the round is in, I think it'll just pass through undeterred.))
((I plan on keeping the amp active as it passes through - I'm not trying to heat the air, i'm trying to heat the location.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19956 on: October 31, 2013, 06:49:23 pm »

((Which is the same thing. Because there is air in that location.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19957 on: October 31, 2013, 07:01:03 pm »

((not quite - like i said, the idea is to leave it active as the round passes through. meaning as the round passes through the amp will be actively heating it, not simply relying on the air to transfer the heat to the round.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19958 on: October 31, 2013, 07:06:52 pm »

((I plan on keeping the amp active as it passes through - I'm not trying to heat the air, i'm trying to heat the location.))

((So you are going to continuously heat all the matter in that space for a prolonged time? Then wouldn't it be easier to just heat the whole projectile at once with a heatball? Or just heatblade the thing? Because most, if not all, actions with the amp until now were heating up a certain space once, then letting regular physics do the rest. I mean, what is the purpose of heating up an area in front of the projectile instead of the area that thing is currently occupying? Cause if that thing deviates even a little from its path it'll miss your patch of heated space completely.

I think any sort of gain you get from not having to get the aim right on one axis is negated by having to continuously heat it and lowering your chances of hitting it.  ))
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:11:27 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19959 on: October 31, 2013, 08:29:27 pm »

"Oh, right, the mission. With wounded people. That's importanter." Grate sighs. "Whatever's going on here is a lot more important than anything I'll ever be able to do."

Grate quickly leaves the infirmary, also leaving a message for the Doctor.
Quote from: Grate -> Doctor (Minimal Priority
Dear Doctor,
I found some animals I might test with. Would you like one to experiment on, dissect, etc? And either way, could you sequence the DNA of one so I could get more if I ran out?
Sincerely,
Grate

Then, he heads for the barracks and tries to find a place to keep his pets/subjects.

Leave message for Doc to read when he has time. Search for pet-keeping place. Wish I wasn't so useless.
"I mean, there are people getting shot at, and I can't shoot them, or shoot the bullets. What if it was Miss Feyri that got shot with the lesshow bullets because I couldn't help? I hope I start being helpful soon..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19960 on: October 31, 2013, 10:59:06 pm »

Colors inverted? That's strange.

Next time the doc walks through, ask about the side effects.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19961 on: October 31, 2013, 11:15:43 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING grabs up assorted body parts and retreats to the Sword. Mission: Frankenstein.
Also say hi to Grate when I pass him (WE'RE USELESS BUDDIES :P)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19962 on: October 31, 2013, 11:17:46 pm »

"Um, hi."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19963 on: October 31, 2013, 11:24:13 pm »

"Um, hi."
((Its probably bad that a old guy who attempted to "traumatize" Grate can walk by, dragging corpse parts behind him, casually say hi and get a similar response.
Grate trauma level: over 9000))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19964 on: October 31, 2013, 11:41:25 pm »

((Well, what should[/] he do, run in the opposite direction?))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 ... 2101