_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937627 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19170 on: October 06, 2013, 08:55:12 am »

((Why is it so much harder? They are each just two simple syllables.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19171 on: October 06, 2013, 09:07:23 am »

((Why is it so much harder? They are each just two simple syllables.))

((Yes, when you try to rationalize it, they most certainly are. They just don't mesh together very well, with the "m" and the "n" next to one another. As a result, it doesn't roll off the tongue nearly as well as "genocide".

Not to mention that "genocide" is a far more popular term, as well as somewhat charged with meaning from history, contrary to the completely made up "omnicide". As such, "genocide" sounds cooler.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19172 on: October 06, 2013, 09:29:19 am »

-snip-

Quote from: Astra --> Lyra
Was that you saying yes to the buddy system? wait you want me to keep stroking don't you

proceede with the stroking of lyra, using the hand that does not have the viewscreen strapped to it
Start purring again, the tip of my tail occasionally twitching, one ear pointed towards Astra, and one still aimed down the gangway.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19173 on: October 06, 2013, 12:05:36 pm »

>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"That bad, huh? Last I heard - specifically, last mission - the HMRC seems to be more apt at killing indiscriminately than simply killing. If the objective were to level the place, I'm sure these people would succeed as thoroughly as humanely possible. But against someone skilled in killing specific, exact people? An assassin? I think we'd better double up on our contingency plans."

Anton keeps staring at the drone's video feed, watching for hostiles. He makes the drone do a pass over the roof, to see if there are any nearby places a sniper or scout could use to get a visual on the gangway.

"Speaking of contingency plans. Do we have a lockdown procedure? Say, we are aware that there is danger incoming. Could we, I don't know, seal up the hangar doors to prevent anyone from gaining entry? Could we blow the bridge and fight beyond the docking cradle? Can the Sword restock on supplies by other means, i.e. by shuttle, or would we have to rebuild the gangway?

I'm just thinking of all the possible ways this could go wrong. Because I suspect there are now a whole lot more of those than we anticipated.
"
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19174 on: October 06, 2013, 02:52:30 pm »

flip switch to turn off the emoticon display. stand as still as possible and observe my surroundings for hostiles

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19175 on: October 06, 2013, 03:19:27 pm »

((Hey guys, look what I stumbled upon while doing some research on Avatars:

Thomas seems to have left the channel on some sort of historical program about a sniper because he's too busy cuddling with may.
Watch the historical program
"Oooh, sniping. Let's watch." May turns around and sits in Thomas's lap.

The program is a rather long one that goes over the man's entire lifetime and his service. He grew up on a farm planet and lead a relatively normal and exceedingly boring life before being drafted into the newly formed UWM army at the age of 15. Following the standard UWM enlistment procedures of extensive gene therapy, cybernetic grafts, and speed implanted knowledge of everything from 57 ways to silently kill a man to how to start a fire using nothing but two sticks and a rocket launcher, he is thrown onto Hellion 8, one of 11 moons orbiting a gas giant in the Hexbarax system. He distinguished himself by not only killing a sizable amount of increasingly inhuman altered beings but also surviving, the first being an expectation laid upon all soldiers and the second being a mark of distinction and skill.

From Hellion 8, which was glassed and subsequently pushed into the Gas giant, he made his way up the ranks and around the system until finally landing on Hexbarax, the capital of the eponymous system. At this point he began training sniper units to work with the LESHO rifle, a weapon of his own construction. His units quickly replaced many short range artillery systems because of their peerless accuracy and horrifying destructive power. After the end of the Altered wars he retired to Earth 3, a powerful fortress world, and became the father of the Shadow Walkers, the elite assassination corps of the UWM.

Not extremely helpful, but relevant and interesting nonetheless.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19176 on: October 06, 2013, 10:25:57 pm »

(("How to start a fire with two sticks and a rocket launcher"?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19177 on: October 06, 2013, 11:01:20 pm »

(("How to start a fire with two sticks and a rocket launcher"?))
((Obviously an important skill. I mean, what else are you going to do with two sticks and a rocket launcher?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19178 on: October 06, 2013, 11:03:57 pm »

((Puppetshow?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19179 on: October 06, 2013, 11:06:33 pm »

((No, my question was "Wouldn't the rocket launcher make it really easy?"))
Sig

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19180 on: October 06, 2013, 11:08:22 pm »

((Well, not exactly. You have to know how far away to aim the rocket so you light the sticks on fire, and not vaporize them.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19181 on: October 06, 2013, 11:16:46 pm »

((Why are you lighting the sticks on fire? And why are the sticks counting as being used?))
Sig

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19182 on: October 07, 2013, 12:27:32 am »

((You make fire so you can burn stuff! Preferably your foes, but teammates work in a pinch.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19183 on: October 07, 2013, 07:15:29 am »

((Fire the rocket AWAY from the sticks so the backblast lights them...))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19184 on: October 07, 2013, 08:10:59 am »

((Fire the rocket AWAY from the sticks so the backblast lights them...))
((Note: it said "rocket launcher". A rocket launcher is just a tube. There was nothing mentioned of a rocket.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 ... 2101