_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1266 1267 [1268] 1269 1270 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938971 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19005 on: October 03, 2013, 06:46:53 am »

((I almost posted a not so subtle shroedinger scenario but i lack the prerequisite poisoned fish.
Perhaps i could lock her in a crate with another sandbag?))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:48:29 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19006 on: October 03, 2013, 06:52:32 am »

(It's a good thing Jim has four arms, because he's going to have to choke at least two people. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19007 on: October 03, 2013, 06:55:57 am »

((Fine... i will lock xan in a crate with his favourite knife instead.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19008 on: October 03, 2013, 07:40:04 am »

(It's a good thing Jim has four arms, because he's going to have to choke at least two people. :P)
((Grate would help. No, wait. He would try to help.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19009 on: October 03, 2013, 08:01:55 am »

((Quick, someone see if she's susceptible to catnip!))

((*looks forlornly at lack of sig space))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19010 on: October 03, 2013, 08:23:30 am »

((Quick, someone see if she's susceptible to catnip!))

((*looks forlornly at lack of sig space))
((Easy solution: post on sigthread, put link in your sig. Infinite sigspace))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19011 on: October 03, 2013, 08:42:51 am »

((DAwwwwwwww at cat-lyra, too bad Astra is on the gangway trying to be good little sentry))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19012 on: October 03, 2013, 08:49:52 am »

"Hi, Miss Feyri! When did you get a cat? And why does the cat look...Lyra, is that you?"
turn to face Grate and nod once.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19013 on: October 03, 2013, 10:15:55 am »

Grate walks over to Lyra, looks at her, and pets her.

You know, like one would pet a cat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19014 on: October 03, 2013, 10:27:21 am »

Grate walks over to Lyra, looks at her, and pets her.

You know, like one would pet a cat.
Sit down and brace myself with my hands on the ground on either side of me. curl my tail up against my right side, the tip twitching occasionally. Turn my head to be angled to the right of directly facing Grate. turn my left ear towards Grate, my right ear towards Feyri. and purr.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19015 on: October 03, 2013, 10:37:02 am »

Grate smiles and continues to pet Lyra.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19016 on: October 03, 2013, 10:46:26 am »

turn to face Grate's hand and arm, sniffing somewhat, then go back to looking to the right of him and purring.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19017 on: October 03, 2013, 10:47:49 am »

Maintain vigilant look-out for possible danger.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19018 on: October 03, 2013, 01:53:32 pm »

Hurry and go to the hangar before anyone can object.
Stacy's emoticon face briefly turns to a ": )" as he hears the offer of three tokens, but then it goes right back to ": D" as he realizes that he probably won't die of crushing boredom on the gangway now that he's volunteered for spook duty.

"I'll be seeing you later, Sandy! Not returning the suit yet, sorry!"

Keep the MKII suit for now - perhaps I can pawn it to someone for a bit more!

Dance excitedly to the gangway. Do a headcount of all the other idlers and wonder when Steve will be sure that there's at least five people still guarding. Meanwhile:

"Say, does anybody want to buy a time-tested MKII suit in fairly good condition? I can sell it to one of you for 4 tokens, payable in installments or all at once, your choice!"

Lead fellow HMRC inmates to hangar.

Walk to the indicated stairs, and to the hangar. Or, as far as I can walk in a turn.

Eh, this shouldn't be that much of a problem. If things are going missing, it's probably not a murderer! Maybe someone who could, or like, alien monsters of death, but maybe they're shy enough to let us get away. Hmm...
Go hither to the hanger. Be on my guard, and wait a bit away from the door.

Hey, any tech users want some drones for the defensive line? Otherwise I'm just going to take the pile of them to the hanger.

Hand up to 4 drones out to the defense team, if they ask for them.

Head out with the spook group, use a couple drones to scout ahead and around corners.

"well then..."
start moving off to the mystery hanger
The squad...or really more of a gaggle of semi-coherent, unorganized weirdos, heads inside and takes a right. They follow the concourse in the same direction that Jim's team went, eventually passing the elevator his team took and striking out into new, unexplored lands of banal waiting rooms. The long journey across the great deserts of ugly carpeting and harsh florescent lighting stops when the group comes across something weird.

Several men are sitting in the middle of the concourse, all tied together in a circle. Their mouths have been taped shut and they're sitting slumped over, unconscious.

EDIT:((Hahaha! Oh, Lyra is going to be so adorable.
((FTFY. The surgery is done.))

Flint needs to get some tuna, milk and string.
((Why?))

And the tail might actually make her more expressive.))
((It won't make her less expressive...))

"So you're bad at everything but Aux. Ok. A cutting torch might work. Or drones. Or you might just not want to get into fights."
Grate nods sadly.
"What about when I need to fight? Like now?
"...Do you think that the Doctor or that Nyans person could help?"
"I know you're pretty young and several thousand years out of touch, but have you ever heard of Faust?"
Grate shakes his head.
"...Wait, several thousand years out of touch?"
((I don't recall Grate ever being told how long he was out. Or maybe he forgot.))

After that gets answered:
Get idea.
"Are there lab rats or something I could use on the Sword?"
"Faust was written several thousand years ago. Yes."

"Uh, maybe? Why?"

Quote from: Renen to Doc
So I imagine they are near the level of the Arbiters? Have you participated on their creation too, like the Arbiters? Can you teach me how to kill them?

So they already set fire on it. There's no apparent need for worry.

Send message. Stay on guard.
They're no where near arbiter in terms of pure combat potential. They're assassins, trained never to get into straight fights, to never even be seen. If you can manage to actually find one, killing them should be nothing to you.

"the search party is getting crowded"
"Yeah, it's just asking for friendly fire if you ask me."
"No-one asks you, ever"

stay in the gangway, look out for hostiles or free shiny things
"GANGWAY FOR THE GANGWAY CREW!"

You stick around and watch as the gaggle of men and women wander of to search for something that doesn't officially exist. No sign of murder quite yet.

"Missing a whole hangar? I really don't want to see what they could have cooked up in there, but it's important nonetheless. There's a good number of volunteers already, and we need some people guarding the gangway still."

Get into some better cover if possible. Guard the gangway as before.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

Woah, Deja-Vu

first things first, check lines of sight and, if I'm someplace private, curl up and learn to recognize my own smell. afterwards hop down from the Infirmary bed I assume I'm on and stretch out on all fours, then hop from side to side a little bit, adjusting to my new self. afterwards yawn, then stand back up on two feet, ears erect, hands lightly resting on each other in front of me, tail slowly flicking from side to side, and wander over to the pods, and the pile of clothing there. search through the clothes for a new set to replace the infirmary gown with, probably a dark blue skirt (pants + tail = fail) and a lighter blue short-sleeved shirt, as well as undergarments and suchlike of course. while there, quietly switch between being on all fours and on just my two feet, and make sure the clothing won't bind up in either stance, nor during transitions. next, go on over my locker, and as I'm walking, type out a message the AM.
Quote from: Lyra to AM
Could you make my suit fit me?
and could I please have two tiny clean glass bottles with gauze held tightly over their open top?
I don't have any tokens right now.
Take out my MK1 suit. slowly drag it over to the armory. upon seeing Feyri, stop what i'm doing for a moment, slowly set the suit down, slip on to all fours for the moment, sneak up behind her, and then hop up on to my feet and hug her from behind. take advantage of the hug to learn Feyri's smell too. afterwards, mew once, then go back to my suit, set it on the counter, and try to make eye contact with the AM. If I get my jars with gauze, walk over to near the wall, with my back facing the room, open my mouth wide, have my fangs bite into the gauze, one jar for each fang, and gently milk a tiny amount of whatever my fangs can inject into the bottles, keeping each one separate and labeled L and R for left and right fang.
assuming all this goes well, and take the jars over to the lab people, and type out on my wrist-comp in large letters and then show it to them on the screen the following:
Quote from: Lyra to Lab
What is the substance in each of these bottles?

PW: did I get the retractable claws? they matter for traction and (especially) climbing. you didn't say anything one way or the other about them.

EDIT: When Grate comes over to pet me, memorize his scent too.

Now why would you care about clothing? You're completely covered in fur! No one can see your 6 nipples.

You have 6 nipples by the way.

As per smells, I'll just assume you remember the smells of people you've been around. I don't have you guys memorize people's faces for the sake of actually recognizing them, do I?

Lets see...We'll assume your suit was Catified. As per your fangs...

You go get the bottles from the Armory master, who frowns as the four foot tall cat hops up on her counter, takes the bottles, meows a few times and then saunters off.

"DOC! YOU BEEN BREAKING THE ANTI-GENETIC'S LAWS AGAIN?" She shouts down the hall at the infirmary.

"I'LL ALTER THE DNA OF WHO I WANT, WHERE I WANT AND WHEN EVER I WANT TO. GET OFF MY BACK WOMAN!"

[will:3]
You manage to squeeze the tiniest little drops out of your fangs, but nothing more.

And yeah, you've got claws. But they're just normal claws. Nothing special.

Hold my position.
You freeze like a one man flash mob.

"Not linear, not exponential, I've run out of maths, uhhhhhhhhhhhh. Dammit math, I just wanna use my suit to avoid bullshit and not warp into a wall! WHY MATH! WHY MUST YOU HATE ME SO!"

Lament use of math. Head for the building lobby, find cover, and hold position. If shooting starts, voidwalk back to behind the first barricade, and provide covering fire to any teammates caught in the open.
You stand around and wait in cover near the door but inside the concourse. Never before have you wanted to be dragged into a firefight this badly.

((What? It's true! Cats have no sense of modesty. Have you ever seen a cat wear clothes?... OK, I should rephrase that. Have you ever seen a cat WILLINGLY wear clothes? And shoes are then worst, they keep jumping around like they're on springs or walk funny.

Also, pounce-hug! That's always fun and adorable.))
((Hmph. You may have this point sir Paris, but rest assured that I will soon find a flaw in your ideas!
Remember this day![/vaguereference] :P))

Inquire if the AM would give
5   CamEyes implant
   Ammo:NA
   Range NA
   Description: Replaces your old seeing balls with new, high tech, electronic ones. New vision filters include: Infrared, x-ray, motion tracking, 2-10X zoom, and radiation scanning. Also, it gives you creepy, unblinking, solid black eyes. Just a heads up.
as a modification to the suit-and by that, to the visor instead of as an external add-on.

((I haven't seen a cat willingly do anything except sleep, attack me, walk on my keyboard, hide, and sometimes eat.))
((You're seeing it wrong. :p))
As in replace the cameras in the visor with a cam eye? sure.

Head into the barracks, remove the armor, if it's on, then spray it down carefully. Then put it back on and head to the sniper post to await contact.
You carefully spray down your armor in the light bending substance. You nearly lose a few pieces, but you manage to get them all sprayed and then find them again and put them on. You head back outside and take up position at your post.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19019 on: October 03, 2013, 01:58:12 pm »

"Who wants to go prod them?"

If no one volunteers, find something long to prod the unconscious men.

((XD at Her Doktor.)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 02:01:52 pm by Tavik Toth »
Pages: 1 ... 1266 1267 [1268] 1269 1270 ... 2101