_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938912 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #18975 on: October 02, 2013, 07:45:08 pm »

((He kinda can, since he apparently broke a hole in space and time in order to get onto the Sword in the first place.))
((My personal canon for him goes something like this: The STEPHEN HAWKING interacting with everyone on the Sword I.E. the one I'm playing is the physicist from modern day. He didn't actually invent time travel or FTL yet, or actually ANY of the things he claims to have invented, I.E. EVERYTHING EVER. However there is a FUTURE STEPHEN HAWKING who is basically the "Chuck Norris Mimetic Badassed" version of "normal" STEPHEN HAWKING, and that is the one who sent his past self to the Sword, probably through FTL (which he invented) and FUTURE!STEPHEN HAWKING is the person who invented everything, including time travel, which he used to travel to the past, invent the universe and basically everything.
The reason "normal" STEPHEN HAWKING "remembers" inventing all these things and such is that the FUTURE versions personality is slowly bleeding into his brain, through some weird thing he undoubtedly invented. Possibly the same thing that made "normal" STEPHEN HAWKING regain his walking and such.))

((Or, as everyone else in-character believes, stasis dementia.))

((Or he might have just been on the biggest Sherm-high ever, which eventually led him to going comatose for hundreds upon hundreds of years.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18976 on: October 02, 2013, 07:45:49 pm »

((Oh, and there is no objective time.))
((Pretty sure God actively measures out objective time.
YEAH, TIME FOR THAT ARGUMENT.
((God is dead. Whether this is because He never existed, because He was killed from a lack of belief, or because the HMRC found him and decided to send him a gift that went horribly wrong is up for debate.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18977 on: October 02, 2013, 08:00:20 pm »

((God is dead. Whether this is because He never existed, because He was killed from a lack of belief, or because the HMRC found him and decided to send him a gift that went horribly wrong is up for debate.))
((STEPHEN HAWKING DID IT.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18978 on: October 02, 2013, 08:12:20 pm »

((STEPHEN HAWKING DID IT.))

((The only time God truly died is when Nietzsche murdered him with the Philosopher's Cave Piledriver, breaking God's spine upon impact with the mat. However, God came back and did a Holy Grail Legdrop off the top ropes, landing on Nietzsche and pulverizing his skull.

At least, that's according to the real world.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18979 on: October 02, 2013, 08:21:27 pm »

(pants + tail = fail)
((You could cut a hole in the pants. It would be kind of embarrassing to have your tail lift your skirt. Unless Lyra's cat mentality has removed her sense of modesty.))
((it's actually not that simple. a hole placed in the proper area either is a modesty problem in of itself, or would restrict movement. the range of motion necessary is larger than the tail is wide. This is even more true because I'm going to be switching between a two-legged and four-legged stance, although I could place the hole properly for one of them, it would chafe in the other. in point of fact, long pant legs themselves (and long shirt sleeves) will be problems too. a lot of how cats move quickly is by literally stretching out farther than their normal length, taking advantage of their super-stretchy bone structure and loose skin. using my full range of motion in long pant legs or long sleeves will tend to tear the fabric anyway. additionally, making such a hole without reinforcing the area around it leaves a major structural weakness... the kind where if the pants get caught on something, they rip from the tailhole in both directions. I'll leave the visual for what happens next to you. next, there's the fact that my tail isn't likely to double-back on itself instantly from where it attaches itself to the rest of my backbone. I'll have some room where it curves, even when it's going as close to straight up as it can. It'll lift the skirt a little bit, but not too bad. on top of all that, my handi stat is 0, and with PW as our GM, I wouldn't be surprised if I stabbed myself in the eye with the scissors if I tried to cut a hole in my pants for the tail. and finally, I did kinda make a point of getting undergarments. I'm aware that I'm going to have... issues.. I'll just work with them though. (and besides, skirts are comfy, the unrestricted movement is a nice feeling.)
I may have put too much thought into this.))

Feyri is under attack!
She has been ambushed!

"Kittycat?" Feyri said after standing back up. "Kitty-Lyra? Woah! It's you, isn't it?"

She marveled at the beauty that is cat.
Blush slightly and meow once.
"You know, you'll look a lot more stylish if-ahh can you speak? Hm. Anyway I could help--like perhaps ask a modification to your suit design--like design a collar-accessory to perhaps vocalize your thoughts as a part of your suit? The design would look nice.
Shake my head horizontally twice

"Oh, and I sold the sandbag construct earlier giving me about ten tokens left. Anything you'd need? I've checked the list of previous purchases, and a decompensator-whatever that is-seems to help amp users."

That is one darn beautiful cat. :I
Shake my head horizontally two more times, then hug Tiruin again... more gently this time, and nuzzle her a little as I do so, my tail flicking from side to side, and my ears pointed up and facing her.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #18980 on: October 02, 2013, 08:28:56 pm »

"well then..."
start moving off to the mystery hanger
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18981 on: October 02, 2013, 08:36:38 pm »

((it's actually not that simple. a hole placed in the proper area either is a modesty problem in of itself, or would restrict movement. the range of motion necessary is larger than the tail is wide. This is even more true because I'm going to be switching between a two-legged and four-legged stance, although I could place the hole properly for one of them, it would chafe in the other. in point of fact, long pant legs themselves (and long shirt sleeves) will be problems too. a lot of how cats move quickly is by literally stretching out farther than their normal length, taking advantage of their super-stretchy bone structure and loose skin. using my full range of motion in long pant legs or long sleeves will tend to tear the fabric anyway. additionally, making such a hole without reinforcing the area around it leaves a major structural weakness... the kind where if the pants get caught on something, they rip from the tailhole in both directions. I'll leave the visual for what happens next to you. next, there's the fact that my tail isn't likely to double-back on itself instantly from where it attaches itself to the rest of my backbone. I'll have some room where it curves, even when it's going as close to straight up as it can. It'll lift the skirt a little bit, but not too bad. on top of all that, my handi stat is 0, and with PW as our GM, I wouldn't be surprised if I stabbed myself in the eye with the scissors if I tried to cut a hole in my pants for the tail. and finally, I did kinda make a point of getting undergarments. I'm aware that I'm going to have... issues.. I'll just work with them though. (and besides, skirts are comfy, the unrestricted movement is a nice feeling.)
I may have put too much thought into this.))

((There's also the point that if you consider Lyra's proportions, she doesn't have that prominent of an ass anyways.

Y'all stop staring at me like that.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18982 on: October 02, 2013, 08:38:53 pm »

((There's also the point that if you consider Lyra's proportions, she doesn't have that prominent of an ass anyways.

Y'all stop staring at me like that.))
((That doesn't necessarily mean certain people won't be looking.
Not gonna name any names.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18983 on: October 02, 2013, 08:47:32 pm »

((I've asked before, but I'll ask again: Is Feyri near the AM and Grate?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18984 on: October 02, 2013, 08:49:14 pm »

((And now we've proven that inserting cats multiplies madness. That might explain the state of this forum.))

((@Lenglon: If you think about cats, when they're running or stalking their prey, they usually keep their tail parallel to their spine. The highest they can get their tail is perpendicular to their spine, but that's only used for 'talking' or making themselves look bigger and doesn't aid in their movement. (EDIT: Also, now that I think about it, tails have a slight slope when the tail is up meaning the base of the tail is still parallel to the spine) So you can get pants that are soft and stretch and just make a hole that allows those 90o of movement up and down (not 180 since you don't really need to put your tail behind your legs) and 180o left and right. Then again that assumes the doctor didn't make any improvements. Although inability to lift your tail beyond a certain point would explain the discomfort walking on two legs causes you, coupled with your new legs. It puts you out of balance. But you will probably be in a MK suit during missions so you will be covered in situations when you might be forced to jump around or use your tail.

Bah, why am I arguing for the modesty of a catgirl? I'll just consider it fanservice for when someone decides to draw Lyra or make a comic about ER or whatever.))

((You're all in the armory.))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:55:32 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18985 on: October 02, 2013, 10:07:21 pm »

((Next target on hitlist: TCM. Wanted dead or alive for anatomical ignorance and...certain implied issues.))

[yes. So is Lyra.]

-Wonderful explanation on why pants suck and skirts rule. Also Nu. |:< -
"Aw, ok..So I've got ten tokens..and you don't want anything? Perhaps even something to help you there? A defensive device? Oh, and the sandbag construct cost six, so there's your pay."

She held out her hand showing the six tokens, ready to check if Lyra would get it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18986 on: October 02, 2013, 10:18:41 pm »

((There's all sorts of bad taste jokes to be made here that I'll just ignore in favor of more lolcat pics.

Also, someone needs to jump out and yell BOO at Lyra to see if she fluffs up.  Fluffed up cats are hilarious- one of mine does it at the slightest provocation and it's hilarious every single time.

Spoiler: Like this (click to show/hide)
))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18987 on: October 02, 2013, 10:21:15 pm »

(...Yeah, that's adorable.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18988 on: October 02, 2013, 10:45:26 pm »

"Aw, ok..So I've got ten tokens..and you don't want anything? Perhaps even something to help you there? A defensive device? Oh, and the sandbag construct cost six, so there's your pay."

She held out her hand showing the six tokens, ready to check if Lyra would get it.
Shake my head horizontally twice, then reach up with my right hand and very lightly tap my right ear with my index and middle finger two times. then tilt my head to my left and look up at Feyri, making eye contact.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18989 on: October 02, 2013, 10:49:16 pm »

Shake my head horizontally twice, then reach up with my right hand and very lightly tap my right ear with my index and middle finger two times. then tilt my head to my left and look up at Feyri, making eye contact.
"Hmm, you...want better hearing?"
...Ears. So cute. Blargh.
"Or that you..can't reply to me directly? Hm. Hows about this-"
Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Lyra
Hi :D
Pages: 1 ... 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 ... 2101