_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937770 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18300 on: September 21, 2013, 10:11:22 am »

Realize I have more time than drones, and take it slow.

((dynamic bonus if possible, please.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18301 on: September 21, 2013, 10:14:38 am »

...And yeah. Penetrating spears appear to be a common cause of death among HMRC females.))

((Er....Bowchicabowwow??))
((If I had a token for every joke like this, I'd have enough for an Avatar of War.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18302 on: September 21, 2013, 10:31:28 am »

...And yeah. Penetrating spears appear to be a common cause of death among HMRC females.))
((Er....Bowchicabowwow??))
((If I had a token for every joke like this, I'd have enough for an Avatar of War.))
((If you had a token for every joke like that made since it was pointed out that most female HMRC members died of vaguely Freudian injuries, you'd have enough for...probably a Mk II suit.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18303 on: September 21, 2013, 01:20:25 pm »

((... could I please have more than just my head brought back? I don't want to become a robot))
((I can't think of a reason for Grate to think to bring other limbs, nor am I sure if they can stitch human arms and legs onto a robo-body. Maybe you can be a synthflesh thing?))

((They can, but it's typically not recommended.  Jim had the choice of being a head and arms on a robot body.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18304 on: September 21, 2013, 01:32:17 pm »

((... could I please have more than just my head brought back? I don't want to become a robot))
((I can't think of a reason for Grate to think to bring other limbs, nor am I sure if they can stitch human arms and legs onto a robo-body. Maybe you can be a synthflesh thing?))
((They can, but it's typically not recommended.  Jim had the choice of being a head and arms on a robot body.))
((Well, they can regrow skin and flesh and give her some synthetic bones, so they can probably just replace her missing organs with synthetic organs and make her a terminator like Feyri was.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18305 on: September 21, 2013, 01:43:28 pm »

((Well, they can regrow skin and flesh and give her some synthetic bones, so they can probably just replace her missing organs with synthetic organs and make her a terminator like Feyri was.))
((Feyri was mostly just fried on the inside. Lyra's body mostly lost the structural integrity. So the terminator thing is not an option - at best she'll have a fully robotic torso.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18306 on: September 21, 2013, 04:42:39 pm »

((Darn, first death on the mission and it's from a weapon malfunction. Feel sad for Lyra, and for the fact we won't get to see how that sandbag could've been used in the defense. If she needs tokens to have her flesh body regrown I'm willing to pinch in, though it'll depend on how many tokens I earn this mission since a uncon decomp is what I'll definitely buy first. In fact I'm almost afraid of using the universal manip now because overshooting with that can't end pretty.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18307 on: September 21, 2013, 05:09:21 pm »

((Imagine an overload with a universal manipulator. Reality itself would probably become severely warped around the point of detonation, the fundamental forces of the universe running wild...))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18308 on: September 21, 2013, 05:10:06 pm »

((Imagine an overload with a universal manipulator.. Reality itself would probably become severely warped around the point of detonation, the fundamental forces of the universe running wild...))
((...Do it. NOW! :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18309 on: September 21, 2013, 05:11:57 pm »

((Imagine an overload with a universal manipulator. Reality itself would probably become severely warped around the point of detonation, the fundamental forces of the universe running wild...))
((IIRC a universal manipulator is every other manipulator in one thing. So that's temperature, velocity, gravity, minds...kinetic energy...that's it I think. Still impressive.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18310 on: September 21, 2013, 05:15:52 pm »

(( EXO: 1 + 0 (failed 1/3), DEX: 1 + 0 (failed 2/3), END: 1 + 1 (successful 1/3)))

((...))

((and here I was trying to use the less likely to kill myself piece of equipment in a conditional action that hopefully wouldn't be triggered))

((geez))
I told you about exotic weapons bro. I warned you, dog. IT KEEPS HAPPENING!

Stacy looks over at the remains of Lyra.

"Now, I'm not in the business of expressing undue emotion, but whoa, that shit's crazy! What was that just now? I mean, it looked cool, but damn, I wouldn't want to be standing next to that. Speaking of, you okay, Feyri? That was insane right there, you know."

See if Feyri appears to be okay and not, say, spurting blood and organs wildly over the gangway as one might expect.

"I say, Feyri's a robot! Cool! Erm... maybe someone should clean the bits up, though. I can do it, yes?"

Since I have little better to do, clean the bits of Lyra off the gangway, take her head and other solid bits and dance over to the infirmary, hand her over to medical staff if possible.

Feyri is fine. She's a robot now after all. Robots are always fine.

You try to touch Lyra's bits, but feyri slaps your hands away and makes squealing noises, staring at you with a great but  TT__TT emoticon.

Charles retreats back to Feyri and Grate before attempting to confuse the sods. He scouts out a stealthy path and rigs his ClF3 magazine for detonation.

"...What happened to her?" Charles is left speechless by the brutality in which Lyra was killed. A strange metallic screech emits out of him, instinctively sobbing but incapable of doing to due to his mechanical form. The mournful cacophony eventually ends, fading into grim silence.
It's probably hard to confuse the dead. You rig your stuff to blow.

(( Wasn't really after more eyes, so much as 'pre-placed laser turrets', but alright, I'll let that stand :P ))

... what was that? That sounded like an amp misfire.
Skylar glances around his crate to take a look.
That's a lot of red sand...

Set two drones to defend me, then run over to check on and bandage up Feyri

If she's been adequately handled and the sods the assault team is dealing with are clear, go help the civilians near the assault team.

If the civies have been cared for / there is still a threat near them, bring Lyra (all of Lyra) back to the ship, using one of the cargo lifts if there's an empty one nearby.

[aux:6+1]
You add a zero to the number of drones you want to protect you.

You run over to Feyri, a cloud of drones following you, and look her over. She seems fine, injured but not badly enough to waste resources over. Shes robotic, after all. Besides, more important things to do.

You steal the hover trolley that Auron left for Feyri and zip over to all the injured civies. You pile them on the trolley like firewood and push them back into the ship and to the infirmary, where nurses unload them and drag them off in different directions.

That done, push the hover trolley back over to feyri.

Heh. Good on ya, little one. Now you aren't hideous.

That being said, eat the spoon pill thing, then melt more metal off my hands. Try to keep around 1/2 a pound on each.
If Lyra's blood is near any hostiles, freeze it. If not, heat it until it boils away.

[exo:6+1+1]
You twitch and fall to the ground, only semi-conscious.
>Nope.

Hmm, well, that didn't work.  At least it didn't not work as horribly as some.
Walk the drone across the gangway, behind the assault team.

That should be less likely to be fail-deadly.

Anyway, exploding dwarf.  What is this, IVAN?

((which, given the name, this is indeed IVAN..  Which makes me want to write an IVAN-themed RTD.))
Taking it slow.
Theodore noticed that someone had managed to kill herself.  He stayed behind his cover in a bit of shock.  What kind of place was this were ladies got killed before the fight truly started.
Stay behind cover away from other people, and pay silent respects to the newly dead team member.
((The funny thing is that I moved away from other people so area of effect attacks would be less deadly.))
You continue to stay far away from people who might kill you. Both intentionally and accidentally.

((Oh lol :P I kinda slacked off during the slacking off portion of preparation))

STEPHEN HAWKING gets in the best position to defend the ship. Specifically behind a crate thing. One close to the ship.

You go hide behind a metal storage crate and regale everyone nearby with the story of how you invented metal storage crates.

Noticing all the alarms, Derya moves to a relatively unpopulated area and attempts to hide somewhere that the enemy won't look- such as in a box or a vent- and holds her razor in-hand.

Alarms... Better get ready. Element of surprise and all that...

Does that mean hide out on the gangway or do you literally want to go hide under a table in the Mess hall?

((Only in the HMRC do we react to a messily dead teammate by trying to calculate the blood spilled everywhere.))
Hey, the HMRC just knows how to make the best of a bad situation. Teammate dies? Calculate if their corpse juice is copious to be used as a slip and slide!
((You really have to make it worse, huh buddy.))

"Now, I'm not in the business of expressing undue emotion, but whoa, that shit's crazy! What was that just now? I mean, it looked cool, but damn, I wouldn't want to be standing next to that. Speaking of, you okay, Feyri? That was insane right there, you know."
Quote from: Response
No.

Thrice damn all of this.
Again.

AND AGAIN.

The armory master can't even configure WORKING PIECES OF S-

Feyri turned around to gaze at the rest of 'Squad D'. In her mind, the acronym of Defense soon turned into more sour things given this situation. Granted, without anything else in the way of a mind, she had no recourse to stop the ensuing flow of rage, sadness and anger at how the rest of her team was doing--they were idling as the others got hurt.

"WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING? GET OUT HERE AND DO YOUR DUTIES, SLACKERS! GET OUT OF THE SAFE ZONE AND MAKE USE OF YOUR DARN MEATSACKS YOU CALL LEGS! MOVE UP!

"Cowards! Get into position and stop hiding behind those crates! Search for enemy spotters and marksmen! Anchor down any shields you have!"
[/font]

Good work team. Good damn work. Now one of us is dead. And nobody cares.
Bloody good work team.

Why am I even here.

Berate team. Continue with issued plan one whole turn ago: TO CLARIFY-it is the plan where we assume UMW special forces.
MAKE IT HAPPEN THIS TIME.

Stupid amps.
[speech:2+1]

"Uh...ex..excuse me? We're parts of the U..Uwm special forces and...and you should all just calm....oh...they already ran away...oh.."

"Idiot"
ghost up the walkway a bit more avoiding bumping into people once a clear sight of the sods is obtained, invert (read: screw with) the action potentials of cerebellum (motor-cortex) using magnetic manipulator
All the sods are dead, so you just run all the way up to the end of the gangway, right up with flint and Mesk and all the rest. Hmm there might be more sods inside...Though you shouldn't run far from the gangway...But you want to MURDER!

"CHRIST! What the FUCK! Fuck that, I'm outta here! Save her head!"

Get the fuck outta there, and go assist the assault team take the end of the bridge.

((Got a 12hr shift tommorow, will be unable to respond. Now sleep times.))
You go Join the assault team down at the other side of the gangway. Anything to get away from the detonating midgets.

>Try and remember what I was doing.

>Shake down infirmary workers for drugs if possible.

You wander to the infirmary and start screaming for pills. A nurse politely asks why you're here and not out, defending the ship.

>Counter this by asking why a lovely lady such as herself is working the boring old infirmary at a time like this.

>Attempt to segue into asking her on a date. We can go to the rec room and eat space-food and drink space-wine!

[speech:4-1]
You attempt very feebly to entice her onto a date. She turns you down a lot less feebly, via repeated slaps.

Feyri counted the seconds. It felt like minutes, which felt like forever.

The others were ill-equipped to do anything. She had to do something.

So as an addendum action if PW minds, I'm carrying Lyra back to the infirmary or wherever she can get revived. Head + everything else. >_<

"WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING? GET OUT HERE AND DO YOUR DUTIES, SLACKERS! GET OUT OF THE SAFE ZONE AND MAKE USE OF YOUR DARN MEATSACKS YOU CALL LEGS! MOVE UP!

"Cowards! Get into position and stop hiding behind those crates! Search for enemy spotters and marksmen! Anchor down any shields you have!"
[/font]

"See! Now that's team spirit! Good to have ya back, Feyri!"

Addendum: Allow Grate to have Lyra's head - I'm carrying the arms and legs, of course. Whistle happily as I carry said bits over to the infirmary.

So Lyra, I assume you want to be a robotic torso with human head and limbs attached?

((Also, I believe I forgot to post an IC reaction.))

Anton's attention is drawn away by a nearby scream filled with pain and sorrow. He turns around to look for its source.

"Familiar voice. Feyri? I wonder what hap.. oh hell no. Fuck."

Anton changes cover, running to a different crate to examine the situation from up close. Even a cursory glance tells him that there is no helping the girl.

"Твою мать... Damn alien tech. Nothing good ever comes from this crap." He turns to Feyri. "You should take her to the infirmary. Stick her in stasis perhaps, and ask if it's possible to regenerate her body. I haven't been around her much, but I think she'd find it very hard to adapt to a synthoid frame. If you are any indication."

He steps back and leans against the corner of the crate. "Go. There's nothing to be done here anyway."

Switch cover, be aghast at the alien tech, keep watching the assault team's progress.
You move to different cover and keep an eye on the assault team as they make their way forward and bunch up on the door into the base. You really hope they don't open the door and suddenly 50 sods are charging out...

"Trust me, get out of here now, before the-"

Thomas halts. Some sounds. Some familiar. Those that are, not good ones. Then a scream from the radio. Feyri?
"Goddamn it."

What? What happened? One of those two kids? Now? Had we even shot? How the hell? Friendly fire? What sort of idiot? Ah. Space magic. Damn manipulators. The dam, now this, and dozens of other times. What happened to her must have been awful. What did happen to her?

A certain curiousity welled up, to be pressed back down immediately.

No idea what it was, but it must have been awful. And to a kid? The little girl, too. A first, at least in my thrilling time in the HRMC. Couldn't have happened to a worse person, though. Plenty of sociopaths, and she's the first one to go down. And Feyri. She certainly didn't sound happy.

Then somebody opened their mouth. Thomas cringed a little. This was only getting worse.

Better stay quiet here.

Evacuate civilians. Shoot enemies. Basic stuff.
Civilians gone, Enemies dead. Good work.

((Moral of the event: Alien artifacts and derived weapons. Stay the fnck away from them.

Also.

Feyri: impaled through the back by a spear of super-ice.
Lyra: impaled through the back by a spear of super-sand.

Should our remaining living female members be mindful of turning their backs to spears of super-fire (lasers) and super-wind (shockwaves)? ))

((AAAAAHHHHHHHH, Astra is planning on making a shockwave spear (well i was calling it a lance, but same diff really)))

Oh Shit, that girl ... she just killed herself, that was an accident right, this place is not bad enough to make death preferable right?

Astra stops hyperventilating

Ok, calm down Astra get cover and start looking for enemies through those cameras

Astra Hunkers down, and watches the cameras

The cameras display, in high res and from several angles, images of your teammates wandering around, arguing with each other, scraping corpses off the gangway and otherwise making a great use of their time. It's always amazing just how strange things can become, given a few empty minutes and a copious supply of psychopaths.

"That kinda sounded like Feyri going nuts"
"The small fleshling has temporarely ceased to be"
"Yup. Seems like she fucked up her weapon and got herself minced."
"Hey now, she couldn't help it. These things are pretty volatile."
"I know, but shit, at least she won't be able to kill us now."

Stay in cover, keep a lokout for sods. If I see any sods, make their head do a radical 360° spin.

Doo doo dooo. Nothing to doo doo dooo.

You charge your brain power.

((Darn, first death on the mission and it's from a weapon malfunction. Feel sad for Lyra, and for the fact we won't get to see how that sandbag could've been used in the defense. If she needs tokens to have her flesh body regrown I'm willing to pinch in, though it'll depend on how many tokens I earn this mission since a uncon decomp is what I'll definitely buy first. In fact I'm almost afraid of using the universal manip now because overshooting with that can't end pretty.))
Or better yet, release the inhibitors on your avatar. Thats where the fun lies.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18311 on: September 21, 2013, 05:22:45 pm »

Hacklllllgggggggg
Thanks, Steve.

Get up, eat spoon pill.
Sig! Onol

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18312 on: September 21, 2013, 05:40:28 pm »

Fly my drone through the door at the end of the gangway into the next room.. after the assault team opens it, of course.

((We really should be moving these crates around to create a kill-box.  I'd do it, but I'm on this drone.))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 05:44:31 pm by Devastator »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18313 on: September 21, 2013, 05:42:43 pm »

"Do-de-doo, I love-wait! Idea! OOH! Idea!"

There has to be some red sand around here, right? Scoop it up. Some Lyra-bits as well, yes-yes? Scoop up as much of both as possible. Deposit in pill machine. Await pill to appear.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18314 on: September 21, 2013, 05:43:20 pm »

"Do-de-doo, I love-wait! Idea! OOH! Idea!"

There has to be some red sand around here, right? Scoop it up. Some Lyra-bits as well, yes-yes? Scoop up as much of both as possible. Deposit in pill machine. Await pill to appear.
Request to eat this as well as the spoon pill.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 05:48:29 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 ... 2101