_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930361 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #17850 on: September 16, 2013, 02:05:34 am »

She straightened up and leaned over the schematics, looking over them while hiding her disappointment.
"Speaking of streamlining, if you've any bouts of ingenious intervention, could you try to improve the grip? Like, somehow make it less slippery? Compactness and all, I'd like to see if it can. . .fold up. For easier transport. You know."
((It's not exactly easy for Feyri to show disappointment, what with the lack of facial features and all.
That's not to say you couldn't have some sort of animatronic face grafted on... a handiwork project if I've ever seen one. ^_^))

Anton nods, smiling. "Sure. I'll see what I can do. Not for compactness, I don't think. I'm afraid I'll break something if I do it in spur of the moment. But some better grips, perhaps for better handling in melee, could be possible."

He pauses, looking at the weapon laid out in parts in front of him for a moment, then looking back at Feyri.

"I, er.. I'm still not sure what that was about, earlier. I've spent a lot of time trying to be alone, away from people. I'm slowly changing on that front, I think, but... I'm still more comfortable with machines, than with people. I mean, er.." Anton pauses again, looking over Feyri's decidedly non-biological frame. "I'm... I can't read people too well. Even in this situation, I can't see the machine for the person. So..."

He turns back to the Gungnir.

"..right. Let's get this thing done."

Adjust the grips on Feyri's Gungnir for better handling and ease of use in melee. Try to see what can be done to make the weapon more compact.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17851 on: September 16, 2013, 02:10:17 am »

((Cue bolting it to her forearm.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17852 on: September 16, 2013, 02:37:29 am »

((I'm using modified Picatinny rails to mount weapons on the arms of the Modular Combat Suit, so I wouldn't put it past the realm of plausibility. :P))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17853 on: September 16, 2013, 06:37:52 am »

Exit VR
Get Lyra's attention. Or Lenglon's.
"Um...Lyra...you remember when you were crying on the one robot person...was the person Miss Feyri?"
turn to face Grate, make eye contact for one second, then nod once. afterwards look down and too my left.
"Oh, okay...Lyra, why don't you talk?"

((On a 6, maybe. On a 1, he makes it twice as big, then bolts it to her forearm.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17854 on: September 16, 2013, 07:10:00 am »

((It's not exactly easy for Feyri to show disappointment, what with the lack of facial features and all.))
((Vocal tone. :I
Y'know what? I'll just be your GLaDOS. Happy now?))
Feyri tilted her head in a query.
"You call me a person? How do you know I'm not a machine?"
Oh carp. I'm not using my synthetic tone. Greeeaaaat.
Mistakes: 2
Feyri: 0
I wonder what brought that about? Can he hear my..my thoughts?! Or was it the hug.
Machines hug too, right?
...Cra-
"Anyway, right. What can I do?"

Commence construction of the Gungnir.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17855 on: September 16, 2013, 07:37:32 am »

((I've kinda wanted to get in on this, but never really understood enough about it to feel confident writing up a character. Anyone want to give me a crash course, or direct me to one?))
((Right now everybody not on a mission will be defending the ship from enemy forces. Good time to get in and try a character. Just think of how you want to play, grab some weapons/alien artifacts/genetic augmentations and you're ready for combat.
((It's not exactly easy for Feyri to show disappointment, what with the lack of facial features and all.
That's not to say you couldn't have some sort of animatronic face grafted on... a handiwork project if I've ever seen one. ^_^))
((Actually, she has the standard robot emoticon face, the problem is she hides it and the rest of her body behind the helmet of the MK3 so that nobody can see she's a robot. Maybe she could create a program that projects a human face on her faceplate?))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17856 on: September 16, 2013, 07:57:32 am »

((It's not exactly easy for Feyri to show disappointment, what with the lack of facial features and all.))
((Vocal tone. :I
Y'know what? I'll just be your GLaDOS. Happy now?))
Feyri tilted her head in a query.
"You call me a person? How do you know I'm not a machine?"
Oh carp. I'm not using my synthetic tone. Greeeaaaat.
Mistakes: 2
Feyri: 0
I wonder what brought that about? Can he hear my..my thoughts?! Or was it the hug.
Machines hug too, right?
...Cra-
"Anyway, right. What can I do?"

Commence construction of the Gungnir.
Anton smirks a little. "Heh. I paid attention at the debrief. I'm a little too aware of how easy it is to lose yourself in this line of work. Or parts of yourself.

You weren't there at the big revolutionary reveal, and you've just had a pretty destructive mission... two and two together. Plus, really, I've spent a year living alongside Simus and Lukas. I'm rather keenly aware of how it happens.
"

He waves his hand in a dismissive gesture, trying to change topics back to the item at hand.

"Anyways, it doesn't really matter. Human body or artificial, it doesn't do anything to change the person within. Name's the same, brain's the same... the rest is just... aesthetics.

Ahem. Alright. Well, there isn't much for you to do here. I'm using as many standard parts as possible, so there is minimal assembly required. I think I'll just make a DIY conversion kit and spare myself the time. Heh. Pack it in a neat lil' box, stamp a mock company name, and sell them in the Armory. I'm thinking... "Blackeye Weapons Technologies". Sounds neat.

A-anyways, yeah. You can just sit here and pay attention to what I'm doing. Most of the work here is just making the conversion parts, the rest is just sticking them all together. The generator stock plugs into the standard battery compartment, and the Saber assembly clamps onto the rifle's body, and once that's done it's done.
"

((The most hilarious thing that can happen after all this is a bad handiwork roll. :P
Well, I do have the +1, a 1/3 chance on top of that, and the previous experience should at least be worth one dynamic bonus, but still.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17857 on: September 16, 2013, 08:02:23 am »

((Hm...I've got it! Focus on Speech. Stick 15 points in Charisma and three in Speech, and you have a pretty good chance of convincing enemies to surrender, convert to Stevedom, or maybe even shoot themselves in the forehead.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17858 on: September 16, 2013, 09:06:57 am »

Piecewise, last question. Is it possible to 'enhance' the MKIII visor so that it could project a 3D, VR-ish simulation of the person's desired face?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17859 on: September 16, 2013, 11:40:47 am »

((Just one token remaining now))
"Cool, So how effective is this? also is there a way of connecting a gauss generator/capacitor bank to a manipulator to provide power?"
Ask, then message the doctor

Quote from: Message For the Doctor
I heard you perform modifications on us soldiers with relatively good success rates I was wondering if you desired another test subject?

"Nope. Manipulators can't be powered externally. For reasons."

It requires murder.
((Are defenders doing their thing on the ship thread, or mission thread?))
Defenders will be staying in the ship thread, yes. We've already got 3 threads, don't need any more.
((Not bad. A bit in the uncanny valley, but still impressive.
And, as I guessed, Asian.))

(Note to self: Throw in that Uncanny Valley Mission some time soon.)

I think we can figure out what to get for defense after Joker has deployed. I'm definitely in favor of at least one gunner bot, and in terms of medical supplies for defense, I'd like to note that me and May have advanced kits, and we are located just a short trip away from the ship, so I don' think we should spend defense funds on those.

Skylar then walks over to the AM.

So, I wanted to know more about the mobile drone platform capabilities. More specifically, I'm familiar with the scout's eye and wanted an idea of each drones range and abilities in compared to that, and exactly how strong the laser on them is.

Ask questions about the Mobile Drone platform, then get ready for the mission

-- Skylar, Defense Team, Medic / AUX
"The drones are smarter, more autonomous then the scout eyes. You'll be more giving orders then manually piloting. And their laser isn't very strong on it's own, but you do have lots of them."

"Hey Steve. Your 'appendage', is it really that big? If it is, can I come over to where you are after this mission is over?"

Inquire.
All the bitches be up on steve's dick.

>Thomas, please control your "woman".

Unless anybody objects, use the team fund to buy 5 smoke bombs for 1 token.

Unless anybody objects, use the team fund to buy as many sticky spy cams (they don't have to be high quality,  just be able to transmit behind a closed door or two) as I can for 1 token.

((I don't object, these seem like potentially usefull items for the upcoming mission, though I wonder what you plan on using the spy cams for. After all, once your team takes ARES we'll have 'won' the mission since Steve can then turn the automated defenses on the sods.

So, we now have 13 budget tokens left.))

(You know, if nobody on either Jim or Miyamoto's team has any plans on the last fifteen tokens in the budget, maybe someone ought to get a Shunt just to try it out for this mission. Might be useful to demo it.)

((Actually, unless anyone on our team has a specific request, I'd say we don't use the remainder of our budget. Remember, the less tokens we spend now, the greater the reward will be at the end.))
((Funny how that Gugnir is seemingly striving to become the no.1 friendly fire health hazard currently in use.  :P ))

TEAM LEADERS!

Get your men organized and ready to go. We're landing (Or I'm doing the necessary "time skip" sort stuff) in just a few turns, faster if you can get ready quicker. Lets get to murdering!

((I think team Diamond Heart is as good as ready. Let's get murderin' indeed.))

Sell Laser rifle with battery to Alarith's char for 1 token. Also give him Timmy tear cause I'm such a nice guy  :P

If that tear actually works, I don't understand why you're trying to get rid of it. It's your lucky charm.

((i know, but it's just not like Miyamoto to take a unpredictable risk like that. Remember, he doesn't know anything about those tears other that they caused the messy death of one of his teammates. So unless he somehow found out IC that they were useable and harmless, it ain't happening. Which is also why he'll never buy a Nyars box: he doesn't gamble if he doesn't absolutely have to, unless it's to save a teammate. And even then, reluctantly.))
You sell your rifle and give away your potentially deadly artifact.

((Probably an audio dampener to cover the sound of the energy discharging into the coils.))

((Except that really doesn't make too much noise, if any.

((Presumably it's something that dissipates the sound to make it more difficult to determine the location of the shooter.))

I would love to see something that can cover a noise that is being constantly generated by a moving source.))
It's subsonic. Thats why The armory master warned of it being weaker. It's still got more force behind it then a normal gun, but the bullet is slower.

((How would a subsonic round make a significant sound?))

((It's still a chunk of metal passing through the air at significant speed. Just because there's no sonic boom does not mean that there is no sound. If you were to be shot at with subsonics, you would still hear the bullet passing by you.

"However, the numeric effectiveness of subsonic rounds is, again, misrepresented by media. Independent testing of commercially available firearm suppressors with commercially available subsonic rounds has found that .308 subsonic rounds decreased the volume at the muzzle 10 to 12 dB when compared to the same caliber of suppressed supersonic ammunition."

10-12 dB isn't all that much.))
And Silenced is a misnomer. Quieter is a better way to put it.
Piecewise, last question. Is it possible to 'enhance' the MKIII visor so that it could project a 3D, VR-ish simulation of the person's desired face?
As with most things in ER, it's less of a question of "Is it possible" and more about "How much will it cost".

In this case, you're basically asking for an emoticon face but modified to be a copy of your human face, projected three dimensionally.

The face part isn't hard. The 3d projection is the difficult part. Even the holoprojector uses a physical medium of water vapor to display it's images in 3d space. I don't know if you can get around that.

It looks like almost everyone is ready. We'll give the stragglers one more day, then we're off.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17860 on: September 16, 2013, 11:50:01 am »

Check token count, then smoke cigarette.  Buy grenades if I do indeed have tokens.

((I am ready, but should have two tokens left for some grenades.  Scout eye, 1.  Gauss rifle, 2.))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 11:55:12 am by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17861 on: September 16, 2013, 11:53:24 am »

"Oh, okay...Lyra, why don't you talk?"
make and maintain eye contact.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17862 on: September 16, 2013, 12:00:21 pm »

((PW, I did bold the assembling of the Gungnir for Feyri as an action, and it's not Tinker, so some official confirmation of it would be neat.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17863 on: September 16, 2013, 12:09:51 pm »

My post got eaten up but I can see from the men.txt that I got my equipment. So, how much for that shield and the weld?
See how much  a micro-weld system costs (the one team joker is going to use to seal doors or something similar).

See how much a battlesuit sized shield that can stop a couple of Gauss rounds costs (like the scrap shield I had in the sharkmist mission but capable of withstanding military rifles, not just civilian ones).
After the shield and weld stuff is concluded I'm ready to go.

((Oh, and Feyri has the electrolaser in men.txt, so it's fine Sean.))

Edit:Donate a sticky camera to team Joker if it's possible for them to carry one in their toolboxes. But only if they will be able to see through the camera or ask Steve to tell them what the camera is showing. Wrist pads and data pads can show video feeds, right?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 08:44:12 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17864 on: September 16, 2013, 12:18:37 pm »

((Oh, and Feyri has the electrolaser in men.txt, so it's fine Sean.))
((Ah, alright. But it did kinda get glossed over. ^_^

I like how Auron's is called an "electric laser". :P

Makes me want to make a steam-powered one. :D

Oh, and just so it's even more apparent,))

Anton is ready for the mission to start whenever. Especially since the defense won't actually start until the Joker team is done or discovered.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 12:29:18 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Pages: 1 ... 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 ... 2101