_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1188 1189 [1190] 1191 1192 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930746 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #17835 on: September 15, 2013, 07:48:08 pm »

((I'm envisioning something working more or less exactly like modern firearm silencers.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17836 on: September 15, 2013, 07:53:41 pm »

((I'm envisioning something working more or less exactly like modern firearm silencers.))

((Those are used to reduce the noise from the gas propelling the shot, if you use supersonic ammo, they don't silence that.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17837 on: September 15, 2013, 07:56:59 pm »

((You're sure they couldn't do anything for the first part of the sonic boom, at least?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17838 on: September 15, 2013, 08:00:11 pm »

((You're sure they couldn't do anything for the first part of the sonic boom, at least?))

((The only ones that do lower the bullet's velocity as it passes through, making it effectively subsonic, but it's not as effective as a normal shot, and still have a distinct sound.))
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 08:02:30 pm by PyroDesu »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17839 on: September 15, 2013, 08:13:28 pm »

((How would a subsonic round make a significant sound?))
Sig

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17840 on: September 15, 2013, 08:26:46 pm »

((How would a subsonic round make a significant sound?))

((It's still a chunk of metal passing through the air at significant speed. Just because there's no sonic boom does not mean that there is no sound. If you were to be shot at with subsonics, you would still hear the bullet passing by you.

"However, the numeric effectiveness of subsonic rounds is, again, misrepresented by media. Independent testing of commercially available firearm suppressors with commercially available subsonic rounds has found that .308 subsonic rounds decreased the volume at the muzzle 10 to 12 dB when compared to the same caliber of suppressed supersonic ammunition."

10-12 dB isn't all that much.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17841 on: September 15, 2013, 08:33:08 pm »

((That really isn't much.))
Sig

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17842 on: September 15, 2013, 08:43:58 pm »

((Note - That's how much the noise was reduced, not what level the noise was reduced to.))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17843 on: September 15, 2013, 09:27:43 pm »

((I've kinda wanted to get in on this, but never really understood enough about it to feel confident writing up a character. Anyone want to give me a crash course, or direct me to one?))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17844 on: September 15, 2013, 09:42:39 pm »

((sure, one moment:First read the OP

now then, for our current activity:Mission Briefing

anything else you need to know?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17845 on: September 15, 2013, 10:33:50 pm »

((I've kinda wanted to get in on this, but never really understood enough about it to feel confident writing up a character. Anyone want to give me a crash course, or direct me to one?))
((Uncon and Exo can both be used to operate space magic as well as the more unusual weaponry (as well as monoatomic razors/swords), Con and Dex contribute to more... conventional weapons. Overshoots are bad.

What specifically do you have trouble with?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17846 on: September 15, 2013, 11:01:44 pm »

((I can give you a more in-depth guide tommorow, but if you look over the First couple missions, you should get a good idea. The game has changed a bit in the past couple weeks, but the mission structure is pretty much the same out of plot elements. I can give you a synopsis of each mission tommorow.

Also, don't read the OOC, especially the 'Tinker' stuff. You won't make it if you do.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17847 on: September 15, 2013, 11:06:37 pm »

"...right. Yeah. Let's get to building it. Um. That was unexpected.

I, er, I've already made one for Auron Kell, by the way. Here's to hoping I've streamlined the process enough to reproduce it without issues.
"
"Ah. That's..that's good."

Feyri broke off from the hug quickly, composing herself as she noted the man's. . .apathy towards that.
Nice work sunshine. You should've brought a bouquet of roses too with your remaining tokens and a formal Thank you Anton card.
Yeah..not working out.

If you're going to fail, do it in style, is all I'm saying.

She straightened up and leaned over the schematics, looking over them while hiding her disappointment.
"Speaking of streamlining, if you've any bouts of ingenious intervention, could you try to improve the grip? Like, somehow make it less slippery? Compactness and all, I'd like to see if it can. . .fold up. For easier transport. You know."

Stupid emotions.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17848 on: September 15, 2013, 11:26:54 pm »

((I can give you a more in-depth guide tommorow, but if you look over the First couple missions, you should get a good idea. The game has changed a bit in the past couple weeks, but the mission structure is pretty much the same out of plot elements. I can give you a synopsis of each mission tommorow.

Also, don't read the OOC, especially the 'Tinker' stuff. You won't make it if you do.

((Wait, why don't read?))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17849 on: September 15, 2013, 11:32:55 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Steve
VR has crashed
Exit VR
Get Lyra's attention. Or Lenglon's.
"Um...Lyra...you remember when you were crying on the one robot person...was the person Miss Feyri?"
turn to face Grate, make eye contact for one second, then nod once. afterwards look down and too my left.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1188 1189 [1190] 1191 1192 ... 2101