_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1167 1168 [1169] 1170 1171 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923495 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #17520 on: September 12, 2013, 12:18:15 pm »

@ SC: if the AM can't help me and Irony won't lend me her weapon, could you help out?

(Yeah, no problem. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17521 on: September 12, 2013, 12:40:03 pm »

Just one quickie.  If someone surrenders, is there head money for prisoners?

((Oh, and Piecewise, have you ever heard of Steve the Avatar?))

>Sods aren't going to surrender. Not even sure they know what that is. Their commanders might though, and I guess you could capture them. Though, really, all we'd do with them is throw them in a stasis pod indefinitely. So no, they're not really worth anything to us. But I guess if you're a nice guy...eh.

Gaarguablag. Who the fug are you pinkhippo? Must need more pills.

Attempt to aquire more pills.
[will:4+1]
[will:3+1]

You walk, a little unsure of if you're gonna bump into people, over to Stacy and start shaking him, demanding more pills as best you can with your giant teeth.

pester Steve for help with hard point targeting then skedaddle before Xan goes nuts.

Ask armory master if she has some nice resilient backpacks capable of carrying blown up teammates without spilling them everywhere after being shot a few times.
also mission funds.

((Hey tavik, ill sell you my laser batteries for a token each, buy 2 get 1 free or buy 3 get 2 free.))

Again did you ever actually buy that hard point thing? I don't remember you ever doing so. I remember you messing around with it in VR but never actually buying it. Well, regardless, assume it has a FOF regulator now.

"You're gonna need a pretty big, unweildly backpack to fit a person inside. At least if they're in one piece."

Attempt to acquire more pills.
((Clearly another great idea.

Also, interesting to see the effects of Xeno spit. I should really research what it is once we fix our ship's internet.))

Go do what I'm supposed to be doing. Am I supposed to go to the Armory? If so, do that.

Also, check if I can combine normal vision, heat vision and x-ray vision or, since I have multiple monitors inside the battlesuit, if it would be possible to have one vision mode to each screen.
((I'm thinking I could use normal vision to navigate, heat vision to find people and x-ray to see whether or not they're carrying weapons.))

Finally, do I have cameras at the end of my fingers like the robots? If I don't, see if I can get two small cameras from the AM for free and attach them to the end of my index fingers. If I do (or I manage to get them for free from the AM), see if I can put the index finger cameras on another screen. ((I'm thinking I could use my fingers to safely check around corners.))
AMROY

"Hey, I'm not brain damaged! Well, as far as I know, anyway. Still, Steve, why are we fighting the UWM, anyway?"

Ask Steve, accept blood from Lightning Dragon Viperfish if he somehow manages to give me some.

Stacy looks over at Xan, who appears extremely confused and rather intensely transformed.

"So it is an alchemy machine! Oh, joyous day! Sorry 'bout the Xeno Spit, Xan. I'll help you in a moment."

Dance away from Xan - approach Grate.

"Hey, Grate, could I have that thing I gave you? And perhaps a lock of your hair if you feel like giving some?  I have an idea, and I suspect it might be magical!"

Ask.

((I have an idea - anybody feel like giving up a kinetic amp stamp? I might chuck it into the machine together with a gauss round, see what that does.))

>It's a bit late for me to start explaining things again, from the beginning. Just ask Jim, I'm sure he can explain things.

You take the blood from the human guppy and attempt to get your machine back from Grate.

Head to AM.

"Where would the best place for me be if I used my bolt action rifle?"

"Which team are you on? Also, I'm not really sure what you're asking. A gun is a gun, just get somewhere where you can shoot people."

Alright, I guess Team Ship-bait should start organizing. Could we get a head count of people who aren't planning on trying to ride this out in stasis, and aren't going with Milno or Jim on planet? Can't do much planning until we know who's actually up for this... I, for my part, am a medic who is a terrible shot and thus clearly unsuitable for standing on those exposed railings and getting shot at. Clearly. *cough*

Attempt to organize!
A dozen people immediately run out of the room and begin talking amongst themselves, completely ignoring any semblance of team work in favor of selfish faffing about.

"Allrighty then, guess it's time to go and see what my job actually is."

Pancaek goes to the armory, meeting up with Milno and the gang

"So, chief, uh, what...what's my job, actually?"

"Beep, he is but flesh. Kill him and take control over the fleshlings"
"Shut it already, geez"

Go to armory, report for duty
You head to the armory and report for duty.

Stumble over to armory/doc. Attempt to procure small amount of antixenospit for free. Transport this to Stacy.
Xenospit has always been free in any amount from the armory. Also, stacy HAS xenospit. He as a whole damn spray container of it.

After the briefing, Jim converts as much of his scrap metal as possible into small, incredibly dense spheres (aiming to get at least fifty of them) and gets a sturdy bag from the AM to hold them with, paying a token if necessary. Then grabs a claymore for use in the mission.
[exo:6+2]
You get 10 spheres. 10 massively dense spheres.

"Oh. Well." Jobasio blinked, considering that for a moment.
"Good enough for me, I suppose. I wouldn't mind a bit more of a road-map as to what happens after the tyrants have fallen, been set on fire and thoroughly jumped up-and-down upon, but right now the Acquiring of Stuff seems like the most pressing issue." That's that he said, babbling on as usual like some sort of caffeine-addict going through withdrawals.

He was thinking something more along the lines of, 'Oooh. I wonder how I can profit from this whole situation.'
He also felt mildly shamefaced at even considering replacing poor Whig. He resolved to make it up to her somehow.

"Hmm. Say, would you happen to have anything on the menu for Whig here?" He asked, lifting his blue-painted gauss rifle towards the counter. "Specifically, modifications and suchlike. Those sorts of things are like new shoes and pretty clothes in rifle-terms, from what she's told me. Yes. She requires them."

>Become less and less lucid as Yoink falls asleep Jobasio's mania takes hold.

>Request mods to make Whig more shootier. Throw tokens at Armoury counter until goal is achieved.

>Do all that stuff and then go and shave and then take a shower and then put on my Sunday best and then stroll about the ship arm-in-arm with my dear rifle and make sure to be at that briefing room thingy before the mean man gets mad and does mean things to me

((I know this last post/action/thingy wasn't exactly well-written 'cuz I was half asleep, but I'm at least three quarters asleep just now so I wouldn't count on me being able to write anything better, or for that matter, less terrible. So what I am saying is I will just re-post this thing in case of an action being required for Jobasio. Maybe this former action is no longer relevant but I'm not quite sure oh well.

Don't sweat it, though- poor old JiTB's just a minor supporting character. Heck, he doesn't even have the mild brain damage necessary to provide Charro-style comic relief! D: Maybe he should grow some facial hair... thoughts?!))
So making this Gauss rifle shootier could mean many things. Fire faster, more powerfully, multiple barrels, etc. Care to define that a bit better before I spend your money on something you don't want?

See if it is possible to wake up. If not, continue sleeping and getting altered.

You wake up and sit up on the operating table. You look at your hands. They appear to be made of black metal and have 5 ball joints on each finger.

Huh.

wander out of the crowded room, head to the rec room, and start up VR to practice with my sandbag, replace the bright red sand with bright red clay, but otherwise the process is the same as my last test from last time.

((Lyra is on defense))

EDIT: forgot that I need to contact the AM for funding
Quote from: Lyra to AM
I was assigned to defend the ship, what is my mission budget?
Funds?

You should really be going to the armory or getting together with your team, rather then fucking off to the VR.

But you can mold clay, yeah

((Re-posting my action since it seems the time to do so.))

Move to meet the AM for the mission's loadout and ask her: "What will the remaining members of my team do, by the way? Act as backup in case shit happens?"

"Pretty much. Call if you need them and they can come in with the Assault team. But really, anymore then 3 workers all clustered together and carrying tool boxes might cause some suspicion. Security should be light as you head in, there's gonna be a lot of crew men running around, the guards probably won't even ask to see anything but your badge. We've included some work order papers though, in case they do."

She places 3 tool boxes and three uniforms on the counter for you.

"The first tool box is just a bomb, disguised and hidden so that it's not visible on any scanners or if they open the box. There's no user interface, it's under steve's control. Second toolbox is actually just tools. The stuff you'll need to do your work. The last one is the weapons and a few medical supplies. Silenced Gauss handguns. They're not as powerful as a rifle, but they're concealable and quiet. Don't use them unless you have no other choice."

STEPHEN HAWKING assumes a defensive Kung Fu-sicist stance.

((So what is the defense fund? Do we even GET a defense fund? :P))
Steve did tell you to go to the armory master to learn what it is.

((also try and avoid heptagons, they make you go crazy/dead.
Heptagons are pretty much a Twilight Zone episode waiting to happen.

Actually I'm curious Piecewise, do you think up the stuff in the boxes on the spot, or did you make some crazy awesome chart before the game started?))
The colors, lines and shapes give me parameters, then I make something up. I suppose I could rather easily make a roll chart for this sort of thing, though it would be pretty vague, just giving ideas rather then complete items.

((I have this to say on the pill machine stuff: ClF3 pill.))

To the armory, then.
Armory ho!

T. Gives a "by the way" gesture to milno, following up with a clasped hand in front of his chest. You feel the message he's trying to get across is something like: "if your team had maintenance tags or something it would probably get you through easier- maybe not past humans, but certainly sods. I had a friend once who walked into a class-5 bunker using nothing but a piece of cardboard which said "sECUriTy"
But that's just a guess.

seeing the armory full, T. Makes his previous request to AM (emoticon display for helmet) through interpretive dance
Emoticon led overlay for your helmet and the program necessary to transfer your facial expressions to it will cost 1 token.

Lars quivers with excitement- he had been Touched by the Hand of Steve.  "Yes, your incredibleness!  I will do your task to the utmost of my ability!"  With that, he filed out behind Jim.

Follow Jim to the armory for suiting up.

"General Jim, what's the plan?"

You head to the armory along with jim, ready to kick ass in the name of the lord.

((Cue Milno thinking your name is Tags.))
((It's not that far off from Tack, either.))

Denzel officially joins the defense team.

((In the long run for Denzel, I imagine him as a jack of all trades sort, with extra skill in con and uncon. And probably a heavily modified MkIII or battlesuit. Or maybe just nice armor.))
Defense team, HO!
Thomas turns to May.
"Hey, you want to go get our funds?"

"Funds?"
"Yeah, what Steve was just talking about. We go and get organized with the others, then go to the armory for the funds."

"Oh yeah, let's do that."

Go with Thomas to get mission funds.

"Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M., get the money, dolla' dolla' bill y'all~"
GET MONEY, FUCK BITCHES, SMOKE TREES

(To Am)"Well it turns out that not everyone who actually shows up gets to go so back to the invisibility... considering the specifications what do you have for my price"
ask, look at options

I'm afraid I have no idea what you just said.

"Do defenders get mission funds?"

Go and check with the AM for the mission fund. If it's enough to get a MkII suit, do it.

Go to the Rec Room, enter Tinker. Make a quick, but comprehensive test of the Token of Appreciation's capabilities - how much damage it can deal to a Battlesuit, an Avatar, and a reinforced steel vault door ten meters across and three meters thick. Use dummies in Mk2 suits standing in 10 meter intervals to gauge a distance at which the backlash won't cause injuries.

((The Token is the thing with two kinetic amps and an explosive charge, directional demolition.

I want to see if it's going to be any use to either of the main teams heading out.))
You may want to hear how much it is before buying something, since the money is shared amongst everyone on the team.

As per that weapon, since it's basically just amplifying a shockwave it's most useful if actually attached to a surface and then detonated. Otherwise the force isn't going to do that much damage except at close range in a particular direction. If you can get it attached to something it should do good damage to anything battlesuit or lower, unattached it probably won't kill anything that isn't within a few meters and in the right direction.

"Complicated plans fall apart, so the general gist is that, once Milno's team has done their job, we rush in with Miyamoto's team. We kill any guards or Sods and leave civilians alone. Our goal will be to get to the elevators - or failing that, some stairs down so we can reach our objective, while Miyamoto and his team head up to the control room. That way we force our enemy to divide their forces and hopefully catch them unprepared."

Lukas nods. "Good, I like your plan. It's flexible, and it involves violence."

Follow Jim around. As soon as we reach the armory, ask the AM how much for a paint job (which should have an intimidating effect)

"Free, providing someone else does the work. Paint for it would be free."

so what your saying is... murder tackles are a go?

"Not really how I'd describe it, but that's indeed probably what I'll be doing if all goes as I suspect they will. If they're busy shooting me the two of you should have an easy time picking them off.

contact AM, ask her if she could use part of my scrap metal and make me a naginata-like polearm, seeing how I can't really do it myself right now.

(@ Irony: if the AM can't do this for me, would you be willing to lend your kinetic club to Miya?
@ SC: if the AM can't help me and Irony won't lend me her weapon, could you help out?)

A great big old Polearm for your avatar? Sure, she could handle that. Though, made of scrap metal it's gonna break rather quickly, considering it's size and your strength.

OK, so in terms of funds:

Milno's team: Unfunded, their weapons have been provided for free. However, bonuses for actions taken are available after the mission.

Jimiya Team: 30 tokens, Bonuses available.

Defense team: 30 tokens. Bonuses available.

Remember, this money is shared amongst all members of the team. Saving it allows you to keep it for later. Spending it means effectively lowering your pay, if you don't return the stuff at the end.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17522 on: September 12, 2013, 12:44:32 pm »

Nono, ANTI-Xeno Spit.
Xeno spit antidote.
If there is one.
If not, some sort of dehallucinogen substance.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17523 on: September 12, 2013, 12:45:41 pm »

(Well, that'll work. I'll just have to remember to collect them again.)

Jim takes the tokens for the moment, for safekeeping.

"OK, we have thirty tokens. What do we absolutely need? I'll start. I would like to upgrade my decompensator to the best one, to prevent mishaps during the mission. However, that's 20 tokens and I would plan on keeping it, so if there's anything we need more or anyone objects I'll stick with my current one, which is pretty good."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17524 on: September 12, 2013, 12:46:35 pm »

"So, everyone in the Defence team, how so you suggest we use the 30 tokens we have?."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17525 on: September 12, 2013, 01:08:34 pm »

"So, everyone in the Defence team, how so you suggest we use the 30 tokens we have?."

"Ooh! I know! Get an Avatar of War for someone on the team. Then sit back and watch fireworks! Or maybe purchase something else that's cool, like the high energy projector! Or some rocket rifles, maybe, so we can all shoot at bad people from a distance! Or a magnetic field manipulator! This world's made of metal mostly, right? And maybe some cutting torches for building and tearing things down, you know."

Deposit another gauss round into machine. Then rip out a bit of my hair and put that in there as well. Await results with trepidation.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 01:10:44 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17526 on: September 12, 2013, 01:20:11 pm »

"Anyone else?"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17527 on: September 12, 2013, 01:28:55 pm »

Somehow I don't think an avatar is going to be able to stand on the walkways, much less defend all of the ones we're assigned.

Maybe some AUX gear? The Mobile Drone Platform or the Gunner Bot seem like they'd be good additions, depending on how much of our team is good with conventional weapons. I am certainly not, sooo.... I'd assume that we'll have access to cameras to spot incoming, though, otherwise I'd suggest getting a couple scout's eyes and setting up some stationary cameras.

Ask Steve or the AM about cameras on the walkways.
Also ask the AM about the capabilities of the drones in the Mobile Drone Platform, in comparison to a scout's eye.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:29:48 pm by Kriellya »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17528 on: September 12, 2013, 01:33:02 pm »

"Well, we're on the defense, so I'd suggest we pack defenses. Give everyone who doesn't have any a weapon, and then invest in stuff we could use for dealing with intruders. If anyone here is good with computers I'd propose buying a Drone rack and using the drones to take down enemies. Maybe a Gunner Bot to watch our backs. 30 token isn't much, and I'd rather not spend it on stuff like armor - we're fighting in atmosphere, and a Mark II isn't much of an upgrade over a Mark 1 suit - and we don't really have enough tokens to outfit everyone who needs them anyways. Better just go for useful things that increase our awareness and defensive ability - and that can, at the same time, be returned later so we actually get a little payoff."

((Darn ninjas. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17529 on: September 12, 2013, 01:35:07 pm »

"Gunner bots and Drone plantfroms sound like a good idea. Though what would we give to the people who don't know how to use normal weapons?"

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17530 on: September 12, 2013, 01:45:02 pm »

((@PW: Will Renen participate in the defense?))   

Look at my body, try to see the alterations, check if package is still there. Check if Doc is nearby, ask him for a resume of the modifications. If he is not nearby, send a message.

"What are the alterations, could you tell me?"

or
What are the alterations, could you tell me?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17531 on: September 12, 2013, 01:45:44 pm »

(( Those are for people that don't know how to use 'normal' conventional weapons, they're both AUX items, which is part of why my AUX/MED specialist suggested them :P ))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17532 on: September 12, 2013, 01:51:49 pm »

I think most of us have a basic, if emergency, weapon. I, for example, have this manipulator, which I'd prefer to only use in dire circumstances as I'm not fantastic with it. And you certainly do not want to hand me a gun... I think I'm more likely to shoot myself or miss the broad side of the Sword with it than anything else... And I agree with the Russian, MK II's aren't going to be a great investment in atmo and right outside the Sword. Anyone that gets injured and can't be repaired on-site is just a few minute gurney trip away from the med bay. Maybe if the AM can suggest some cheap armor? That could be worth it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17533 on: September 12, 2013, 01:52:53 pm »

Pancaek turns towards Milno, his screen showing a slighty jagged line.

"I suppose this means I am on the sword defence team unless you call upon me then?"

"You should eliminate the other teammembers to give yourself a greater chance to participate"
"Or we could stay here, and just wait until it inevitebly goes wrong. They'll get to sword at some point."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17534 on: September 12, 2013, 01:55:24 pm »

((Not everyone needs stuff from the group fund. Lyra is an EXO user, and I already have both an amp and a sandbag, so I'm opting out at this time. The most valuable thing I can get is training with my sandbag in an attempt to make my failures less fail-ish. if we have funds leftover, I have +0 with both AUX and MED, so scouts eyes/drone platforms/medkits would be usefull to me. as an EXO user, I want our team to have a lot of cameras, so I can aim from behind cover using their camera feeds.))

Keep practicing, attempt to push myself to my extreme limits (keep increasing the speed of the stuff thrown at me, and keep molding smaller and more complicated shapes with the clay), and try to retain/regain control even when it's all going to pieces. ((aka, try to make my failures less fail))

better idea: switch to a VR sim of the docking area and gangways, place myself concealed and under cover but without good lines of sight in the docking area. place four scout eyes at elevated vantage points throughout the area, and have one patroling and automatically following moving individuals (excluding myself). if necessary have someone inside the ship controlling the scout eyes. have two sods enter the area and attempt to access the ship every 5 seconds. my task: from my concealed position in the room, use the camera feeds from the scout eyes to aim my sandbag and stop all the sods. increase the sod spawn rate by (one sod every fifteen seconds) every (fifteen seconds) have one allied sod spawn inside the ship with orders to go out to the docking area and kill any non-allied sods every 60 seconds.

specific tactics to attempt:
"shred" - encircle target sod(s) with a thin sphere of sand, then have the sand reverse which side of the sphere it is on at high speed and ignoring obstacles (sods) in the way
"pierce" - small high-speed groups of sand attempt to pass through sod vital organs
"disable" - sand forms a band around sod wrist, squeezes, and forces the wrists outwards and into the air while carrying the sod backwards into a wall. attempt to avoid doing any actual harm to the sod while doing this one (intended for use on civilians)
"block" - sand moves in a wheel-like pattern with the lower edge shoving anyone that enters the area the direction I want them to go and the upper edge being to high to realistically travel through. use to block gangways or other narrow areas.
"shield" - sand forms a fog-like could around target, and move to block any incoming attacks at the target but stays out of the way of outbound attacks from the target. use on allied sods.
"carry" - sand forms a band around target ally's waist, and lifts and carries them from one position to another. use to get allied sods to good vantage points in the room.

do not harden any sand for any reason during this.
have replacement scout eyes spawn inside the ship as needed, and automatically attempt to resume scouting, in case the sods start targeting them or I get careless.

specific notes to take:
how effective is each tactic at doing its job?
how much of my sand does each tactic require to be effective?
how much of my attention does each tactic require to maintain?
how hard is it to aim through scout eyes instead of my own?
how likely are sods to target scout eyes?

((hey, um, could the leaderless defense team please get a spot in the team roster sig? I've lost track of who my teammates are))

-Lyra, Defense team-
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:15:16 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1167 1168 [1169] 1170 1171 ... 2101