_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926658 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #17415 on: September 11, 2013, 03:03:40 am »

((I was just searching for Lukas' appearance for my notes and I noticed two things. First of all, Lukas looks and is awesome and terrifying. The guy's a bunch of powerful weapons rolled into a heavily armoured robot. Second, this is just the kind of mission for him, where he slaughters scores of puny little humans. Let us review his arsenal.
3 meters tall, incredibly strong and tough.
A Giant Gatling Gauss Gun in one palm.
A Cutting Laser in the other.
A Skull face with a Tesla Arc that fries everything in front of him with lightning whenever he opens his mouth.
A Particle Cannon that once charged can eliminate anything not protected by space magic
20 defensive laser drones that can cut anybody attacking him to shreds.
Bullseye mode that allows him one round of perfect shots that do not miss every few hours.
A Giant Gauss Shotgun that fires Blackshot, an unholy mix of grenade and shotgun shell.
A Giant Gauss Assault Rifle that rapidly fires Redshot, incendiary rounds.
A Particle Condenser Sniper Rifle that needs no bullets, only a cooldown.

In short, those puny humans don't stand a chance. Hmmm... I wonder if he would be willing to lend one of those Giant weapons to a fellow giant robot.))

((Well, actually Lukas is a bit of a softy, so I think one of his robros can convince him to share.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17416 on: September 11, 2013, 03:04:36 am »

((The lack of telekinetic fireballs and monofilament bolas in my tinker repository saddens me greatly :(

Why the lack of interest? It would help piecewise not forget your creations.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17417 on: September 11, 2013, 03:50:47 am »

((The lack of telekinetic fireballs and monofilament bolas in my tinker repository saddens me greatly :(

((The monofilament bola cannon had failed its chance at prototype testing, technically, and I don't remember the blue fireball passing tests of any kind at all. It's probably the same reason why my Modular Combat Suit, Token of Appreciation, and Daisycutter grenades aren't on that list - those designs are either unviable, incomplete, or only dubiously useful.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17418 on: September 11, 2013, 04:01:47 am »

((The monofilament bola cannon had failed its chance at prototype testing, technically, and I don't remember the blue fireball passing tests of any kind at all. It's probably the same reason why my Modular Combat Suit, Token of Appreciation, and Daisycutter grenades aren't on that list - those designs are either unviable, incomplete, or only dubiously useful.))
The bola didnt fail its test, it was forcibly abandoned and performed quite well in its vr testing before it exploded.
And if the unviable or unfinished designs were included then other prospective tinkerers could try their hand at finishing them.
Also daisycutter grenades? Why would you discard such an entertaining idea?
for me half the fun of tinker is to see other peoples designs and then try to work out ways to improve them or fly off in a completely different direction utilising the same basic concept.

Your daisy cutter grenades for example whilst completely unknown in design to me just gave me the idea of flying monoatomic shuriken bots.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17419 on: September 11, 2013, 04:05:43 am »

((incomplete design, I have some options for how I want to go to handle the token costs, my current plans involve removing the automanip and making having a microwave amp/manip mandatory for useage. here's the relevant quotes from a notepad doc I keep around:
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17420 on: September 11, 2013, 04:09:55 am »

((Thank you lenglon for our kind donation of 1 wall of text, i shall boot up my computer immediately and give your idea the benefit of being read on a television instead of a phone.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17421 on: September 11, 2013, 04:15:49 am »

The bola didnt fail its test, it was forcibly abandoned and performed quite well in its vr testing before it exploded.
And if the unviable or unfinished designs were included then other prospective tinkerers could try their hand at finishing them.
for me half the fun of tinker is to see other peoples designs and then try to work out ways to improve them or fly off in a completely different direction utilising the same basic concept.

Your daisy cutter grenades for example whilst completely unknown in design to me just gave me the idea of flying monoatomic shuriken bots.))
((Daisycutters were an unviable concept unless they were made out of monowire-edged chain-links, which would drive the costs through the roof, or used weighted tips, which would make them prone to malfunctioning. Laser-based Daisycutters could only use the tiny Hand laser emitters without much focusing, making them harmless to all but completely unarmored targets. I don't even have a finalized design for them. They were an area-denial defensive weapon, intended to lay traps or stop incoming stampeding creatures a-la Altered. The limitations made them useless.

The Token of Appreciation, if you're wondering, is the weaponization of the Kinetic Amp Feedthrough effect, squaring the squared force. It's a complete, if unelegant design, a device roughly the size of half a coke can that could potentially pulverize a Battlesuit, or make a decent dent in an Avatar, if my estimates were correct-ish. Maybe I should finalize it and put it out there. Who knows, maybe Team Joker or someone else here could use a compact demolition device that could punch like a kiloton bomb, in a single point and mostly in one direction. Single-use and something like seven or eight token, but hey.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17422 on: September 11, 2013, 04:26:38 am »

((Daisycutters were an unviable concept unless they were made out of monowire-edged chain-links, which would drive the costs through the roof, or used weighted tips, which would make them prone to malfunctioning. Laser-based Daisycutters could only use the tiny Hand laser emitters without much focusing, making them harmless to all but completely unarmored targets. I don't even have a finalized design for them. They were an area-denial defensive weapon, intended to lay traps or stop incoming stampeding creatures a-la Altered. The limitations made them useless.

The Token of Appreciation, if you're wondering, is the weaponization of the Kinetic Amp Feedthrough effect, squaring the squared force. It's a complete, if unelegant design, a device roughly the size of half a coke can that could potentially pulverize a Battlesuit, or make a decent dent in an Avatar, if my estimates were correct-ish. Maybe I should finalize it and put it out there. Who knows, maybe Team Joker or someone else here could use a compact demolition device that could punch like a kiloton bomb, in a single point and mostly in one direction. Single-use and something like seven or eight token, but hey.))

((Why not make a kinetic amplification ring and hook it up to a kinetic shunt? moon bowling anyone :D))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17423 on: September 11, 2013, 06:02:23 am »

((With the daisy-cutter grenade, if you're using it for area of denial you could always make a cylinder which adheres to a wall and shoots a monofilament wire across - Bioshock trap bolt style.
Not nearly as cool, but possibly affordable))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17424 on: September 11, 2013, 06:27:51 am »

((Why not make a kinetic amplification ring and hook it up to a kinetic shunt? moon bowling anyone :D))
((This is one of the basic strategies of "Ultimate" STEPHEN HAWKING. Use kinetic shunt to obtain absurd amounts of energy, then use Kinetic Amplifier(s) to make said energy enough to break a planet. Then punch peoples for ludicrous gibs.
Imagine if a kinetic shunt could absorb the power of a nuclear bomb O.o
STEPHEN HAWKING ASCENDS TO GODHOOD))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17425 on: September 11, 2013, 06:43:24 am »

((He IS still (mostly) human, so yeah. Giant Robots > Human anytime. I could sell my soul to the Doc to gain more power, but I did that last time, and Morul sure as hell wouldn't.))
((Depending on what these pills do, you might convince Grate to give you one.))

((This is one of the basic strategies of "Ultimate" STEPHEN HAWKING. Use kinetic shunt to obtain absurd amounts of energy,
((I like where this is going...))

then use Kinetic Amplifier(s) to make said energy enough to break a planet. Then punch peoples for ludicrous gibs.
Imagine if a kinetic shunt could absorb the power of a nuclear bomb O.o
STEPHEN HAWKING ASCENDS TO GODHOOD))
((Oh. I thought you were going to make a perpetual motion machine to fulfill humanity's energy needs.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17426 on: September 11, 2013, 06:49:48 am »

((Well, the generators in the Gauss rifles are sort of perpetual motion machines.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17427 on: September 11, 2013, 07:09:59 am »

...I need to remember to take apart a Gauss rifle in Tinker to see if the generator includes miniature Kinetic Amps.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17428 on: September 11, 2013, 07:15:20 am »

((Ive always thought of gauss generators more along the lines of subspace capacitors than perpetual motion machines.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17429 on: September 11, 2013, 08:45:55 am »

"Alright, I've got no more questions. Please make sure to give me a copy of everything you want uploaded before we start our part, ok Steve?"

Chill for the rest of the briefing.
Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 ... 2101