_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928145 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Apotheosis
« Reply #17130 on: September 09, 2013, 06:29:37 am »

Lars looked at the kid critiquing his art.  Strange... did he know this young one?
"No, brother, this image is the face that Steve wishes to project to the world."

"...You're sure?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Unlimited Banjo Works
« Reply #17131 on: September 09, 2013, 06:50:14 am »

Guess my... spooky thought has to wait. But it probably is a bad idea anyway... not working.

Gorat goes getting grieved briefed.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17132 on: September 09, 2013, 06:58:15 am »

"Well then. Serves you idiots right. We're probably going to have to replace Xan on the mission though." Jim opened a line to Miyamoto. "Miya, Jim here. Xan got into a fight with two other inmates and apparently has gotten his skin melted off. I don't think he's going to recover in time for the mission. You OK with taking Lars instead, if he wants to go?"

"oh for the love off... You'd think the days of random brawls in the hallways would've be over when we became a full-fledged army, but nope, barfights it is.
Yeah sure, Lars is ok. Or you can pick someone else, like someone without a lot of missions. To be fair, my thoughts are somewhat pre-occupied right now. Like trying to hold back the rage that wants to kill you all and destroy this ship, y'know, the usuall.

Follow briefing remotely.

((Action changed for scaredycats people who don't trust me not to go mad with power. Pussys :p))
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 09:33:58 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17133 on: September 09, 2013, 07:12:15 am »

Take a nap, regrow whatever I lost.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17134 on: September 09, 2013, 08:57:00 am »

Follow briefing remotely. Ask doc if I could try out the laser, if yes give a 3 sec sweep and see how powerfull it is.

((I feel like using anything which would increase your currently barely-checked feeling of empowerment is a bad idea...))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17135 on: September 09, 2013, 09:10:45 am »

((He can just plug into the VR remotely and use that to test the laser.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #17136 on: September 09, 2013, 09:49:54 am »

Go to the briefing room
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17137 on: September 09, 2013, 10:20:30 am »

((Action changed for scaredycats people who don't trust me not to go mad with power. Pussys :p))
((I'm completely fine with you going mad with power. I for one welcome our new robotic overlords. I just suggested you try it out in the VR to conserve ammo. You know, so you could stay mad with power for longer.

Hmmm... They said you can plug into the VR remotely right? Now you have the ultimate way to mess with piecewise and cause Steve to shock you. Tinker during missions!))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17138 on: September 09, 2013, 10:39:31 am »

Jim tapped Lars on the shoulder to get the priest's attention. "Good news. One of the members of the strike team, Xan, just melted his skin off. You've been selected to take his place, so you get to be with us to strike the first blow in Steve's war. Consider it a jihad if you like."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17139 on: September 09, 2013, 10:41:28 am »

Lars dances a merry jig.  "Bless you, General Jim!  May we bring the light of Steve whereever we go!"

Lars jumps up and gives Jim a big hug.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17140 on: September 09, 2013, 10:47:28 am »

Jim was stunned for a moment, given that the only person who ever hugged him before was Feyri and that was in VR, but after that moment passed he relaxed a bit and lightly patted Lars on the back. "Yeah..." He felt a little bad for the way he had manipulated Lars there, but wasn't a leader supposed to keep his men ready, maybe even eager, for battle? "Tell you what. If we all get out of this alive, I want to read the book I know you're going to write about this."

It would probably be the most interesting historical/religious text he would ever read.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17141 on: September 09, 2013, 10:51:31 am »

Lars was taken aback.  Write... a book?  Transcribing the words and deeds of the divine to the masses?  It was more than he could have ever hoped for in life.

"Yes, your wonderfulness.  Do not worry- your job as a right hand... hands of Steve will be well described."  Lars bowed deeply as he said this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17142 on: September 09, 2013, 11:08:57 am »

Go to briefing room.

"Hey Steve, where do you get all these old weapons from?"

>We manufactured billions back in the day. I just take a dozen or so crates whenever we're in port. Been hundreds of years and we're still not through the back log.

Full Robot Body. If possible, one that can still wear an Mk suit.
((Is this considered as a successful test for the turret?))
((You're a funny guy Empi, I like you. Thats why I'm going to kill you last.))

You wake up in a full robot body.

"So...I'm guessing that didn't go exactly as planned." You mumble to yourself before getting up and heading to the briefing room."

((...hmm. Errr...which type of skin is better?))

Synth skin IS more protective, though not by a whole hell of a lot.

(No point going in-depth when it's all based on rolls, PW. :P With fives I could easily do it and with less, well, I can't.

Also, I'll get there, but I believe Xan was on my team and now he's injured, so I gotta get a replacement. >.>)

"Well then. Serves you idiots right. We're probably going to have to replace Xan on the mission though." Jim opened a line to Miyamoto. "Miya, Jim here. Xan got into a fight with two other inmates and apparently has gotten his skin melted off. I don't think he's going to recover in time for the mission. You OK with taking Lars instead, if he wants to go?"
NAHHHHHH he'll be fine. Besides, he's an amp user. Even if he's a half alive sack of burnt tissue in a wheelchair, he can still use his amps.

"Well, I guess that's my cue. Better go see what this is all about"

Briefing room get

Reefing Broom

Hm. Synthskin, I think.
Well, now you look a bit like you've got a latex fetish but your new muscle and skin went on without a problem and you're free and clear to go on the mission. Try not to get it burnt off again.

Also try to go to the briefing room if I get synthskinned fast enough.
Done and done.

You run to the exit of the infirmary but find that Xan and what seems like a deep one are duking it out right outside! You shrink back and bump into a man in a doctor's outfit. His name tag says Maurice. He offers you a soda from a cooler he's got under one arm.

"You way want to stay here for a moment." he says, glancing at the fight. "At least until one of them is dead."
((Maurice is well known to Lyra. He was the first person she opened up to at all on the ship, and is on par with (or higher than) Feyri in terms of levels of trust. she doesn't need to read the nametag to recognize him.
however, that kind of apathy and speech pattern is...
out of character for him, as she knows him))
take the soda, read the label, and if it doesn't seem like it would be mind-affecting, sip it. either way, lean back against him and hold the soda can against my chest with both hands (when not drinking from it of course).
"Why?"
Interact with Maurice

((to save time, I might as well add in Lyra's reaction to an expected misunderstanding))
if Maurice says stuff that indicates that he thinks I asked "why would I want to stay here and wait?":
shake my head twice.
"Why. fight?"
"I don't really know, to be honest." says, tapping his fingers against the side of his own soda can. "Maybe one has something the other wants. Or maybe one just doesn't like the other? Sometimes people fight for no reason at all. They're confusing, huh?" He looks down at you."

You sip your drink.

He takes a step in front of you when Charles fires, blocking you from the potential cross fire before the blast doors slam shut.

"Sorry, I've gotta go. We've gotta get them out of there once the fire ends and put them back together." He turns to the other nurses and doctors in the room "Alright people, lets go, hazmat suits and masks. Get the medigel ready."
shiver in place slightly and slightly shake my head at the same time, then turn to Maurice, nod once, set my soda on the ground to the side of the room, and ask:
"How can I help?"

if i notice the person sneaking up on me with a knife, keep him in my field of view at all times, and do not let him approach within twice his arm's reach of me. if he attempts to do so and I cannot back away fast enough to maintain distance, use my sandbag to shove him away harmlessly. if that fails, switch to shredding him by having the sand surround him in a sphere and then travel from whereever it is in the sphere to the opposite point of the sphere, at high speed, repeatedly. if I can't do that either, then use my amp to form a disc of extreme heat on his neck.

If i can help Maurice, do it. if I can't, and I can safely report to the briefing room, do it. if i can neither help nor report to the briefing room, wait in a out of the way corner.
If I end up going to the briefing room, take my soda with me.

((Xan was going to be on the mission team, is someone going to replace him?))
You ask Maurice how you can help as he and a few others drag the burnt bodies and parts of bodies out of the area enclosed by the blast doors. He starts to answer when he notices the man walking up behind you. He takes a step between you and the man.

"You should go to the briefing now. We're alright here. " Maurice says to you and gives you a bit of a push in that direction. You hesitate a moment, but then follow his instructions.

"..aaand it's all spontaneously combusted. With each passing hour I am more and more surprised that HMRC even exists as an entity after however long it's been around. And isn't all robots."

Anton looks if any of the injured require help he's capable of providing, and if not (quite likely) he heads off to the Briefing Room.
If they require hauling them out of a fire or something before the hazmat crew arrives, assuming it's regular fire that won't eat his hands off, do that then head to the Briefing.

Tinker with the datapad once there, recreating the programs that were lost with the original one, for following an object and for tracking distances by parallax scanning using a single video feed.

You head off to the briefing room. And we'll assume you saved copies of those on the VR machines so we don't have to do 30 aux rolls till you get 5's.

Astra heads to the briefing room, observing before opening her mouth
You head to the briefing room to make what will no doubt be life long, mentally stable friends who won't try to shiv you.

Yep.

((I suspect none of the three people are remotely near combat ready. Or functional. A full magazine detonation destroys anything short of a battlesuit. Sure no-one got directly hit at point blank, but stuff's on fire and no-one had any proper armor.))
(Normally you'd be right, but for the sake of time we're fudging your recoveries. Since none of you were killed and all. It saves us from losing another day for teams to be repicked.

((I was actually in the medbay, but whatever. Also, if this suit works like I think/hope, this could get interesting.))

Head to the briefing room, then ask Steve if he can track my implant after I press the button. While in Voidspace, attempt to move around, and see if movement inside translates to movement outside, i.e if I walk two steps forwards in Voidspace and then exit, do I exit two steps forwards?

"Hey Steve, could you let me know if I disappear off your implant tracking system after I press this button?"
Steve can't track your location in the void, and you can move about and have that translate into moving back on the ship. Only problem being that you have absolutely no idea where you're ending up. You fear telefrags might be very possible.

STEPHEN HAWKING trys to not go crazy. Maybe he just says hi to the little girl woman?
He makes every attempt his considerable intellect allows to not stab her face off.

((Ok well this is getting fun :P
Also am I even able to get to the briefing room at this point?
I'm pretty sure the medical wing is now on lockdown do to the fail in the hallway so am I stuck here? With potential victims? Who are mostly gonna be unconscious people?????))
"You should probably put that knife away." Maurice says, blocking your path as Lyra runs away. "I think it may be having adverse effects on you."
[will:4-1]
You stop moving and just stare at Maurice. Your mind feels cloudy and everything seems very unreal.

Go to briefing room, try to avoid oncoming horrific destruction.

You get your briefs on.
Okay, I have to get some of that stuff loaded in mortar rounds.  And if we're defending catwalks, a mortar.
May grasps her boyfriend's hand, "Thomas, I think we need to put the game on hold. We should go to the Briefing Room."

Take Thomas to Briefing.
So do you. Which is frankly a change of pace, all things considered.

((You're probably better off without me - I'm basically a walking bomb thing without a decomp.))
(I don't have the best one, myself. >.> That's why recently I've been trying to do things with my hands rather than with my amps.)
((You could use the mission fund, if nobody needs the tokens more. I don't think anybody would disagree that giving an Amp user less chances of accidentally murdering everybody around him is a good thing and a good use of mission money. How much do you get for returning the current decompensator?))

Go to the briefing.
It's just raining briefees.

Go to briefing, with gear and all. Is my decomp installed?
Yep. Roomly briefed.
((Hmmm lets just say i cut a rather nice hole straight through crawler then got crushed by a falling pillar.))

exit VR and pick up Gungnir then go see what all the commotion is about in the hallway, send a message to jim asking if it is an authorised duel.

Oh and change the field of fire on my hardpoint to match that of the VR simulation, should be a free roll or dynamic bonus.

Code: (from Auron to Jim) [Select]
uhh jim, we got a rather nasty looking fight out here between the electric eel and a cyborg
space magician under the watchful eye of an automated turret, did you authorise a duel or something?
Well, the fight is over, but more importantly, I don't remember you actually getting that hard point? I remember you trying to get botted, being turned away, talking to the armory master about costs of the hard points and then trying it out in VR, but never actually buying the hard point because you aren't a robot. You crossed the whole "pay off maurice" action out.
((Remeber the action where i bought the exosuit off of flint? It was on the end of that.

The action was something along the lines of: get free scrap metal, buy suit, buy hardpoint, have hardpoint reinforced with scrap and installed on forearm.
It also lacked the robohead interface parts due to them being useless on arm mounts.))

head to the briefing room, poke xan in the liver with the reiterpallasch en route.

((On the subject of my hardpoint, could i write a subroutine that shuts the rifle down if it tries to spin around?))
BRIEFED

I suppose you could, but that would just result in it staying stock still on an aux roll where it was trying to target a moving enemy.

You can never truly remove all eventualities which can cause negative effects. 1's will always fuck you up, It's just a matter of how.
Try for the 352nd time to try and beat this damned level, then head to the briefing room.

Can seamlessly redirect shipments for half a world, can't get past the first miniboss of this damn game...
FREFING BROM

Head to the briefing room, experimenting with the pyramid all the way.  Can I stick it to my elbow?  My foot?  My head?  Can I drop it without cutting my hand off?  Can I make it hover further away or closer to my skin?  Can I eat it with green eggs and ham?
If Milno is in the briefing room:

"Hey, Milno, how did you make your pyramid fire?  I want to try and avoid doing that right now, don't want to accidentally press the trigger or whatever and blow a hole in some kid."
It's exo rolls. Moving it around, firing it, everything it thought based exo rolls. You can stick it to your dick and fire via pelvic thrusting, as long as you exo roll.

They see you exo rolling, they hatin', trying catch you rolling 1.'

((So, I started reading Worm today, and guess who I saw in the comments of Agitation 3.1? None other than our very own GWG.))
((...I'm the one who brought up Worm in the first place. And I'm pretty sure I had at least one comment before 3.1. I think that one had the text deleted due to accidental spoilers, but still.
Anyways. Welcome to Brockton Bay. Hope you like misery!))

You mange to talk them both into, at least momentarily, giving up on their attempts to kill one another. You do this via a flinging the foulest, dirtiest, most loathsome insults you can possibly think of at them. This effectively diverts their aggression off each other...and on to you.
((Charles is screwed. On a related note:))

((I wonder if Charles rolled one or two lower, would he have made the two characters fall in love with each other? :P))
((HALLWAY ORGY!))
((Xan has no genitals.))
((He still has some orifices that certain people insert their genitalia into for sexual pleasure.))

((Someone already got the Avatar of War?

..Welp. Scratch that off my 'things I want to be' list. :P
((There's only one?))

..Get controlled by SC or someone who could play Feyri at the moment because I don't want to hold up Lenglon and GWG in the infirmary as we hug and >__> I can't believe it.

If there's anything that needs my word, please tell >_<))
((Lyra's left and I don't have anything better to do ATM.))

((seriously though guys,
judging by what happened in my duel program whats the bet im going to roll a seven and just clean up both the fight and spectators then have the whole ship chasing after me?))
((The fact that Steve won't let you judging from how he stopped me from rolling an 8 on an amp roll?))
((He's like a shipwide Insanity Decompensator.))

(And I really wasn't lying about both teams wanting Simus. :P)
((As the last post before I left for six hours, and one from the guy I wanted to ask the question to: I take it you aren't taking Tiruin's offer to play Feyri?))

.... Because going back half a day after my action is posted to counter my action is totally not using ooc knowledge to cheat.
((...
Wait a minute, I've done this kind of thing before. Felt like a dick then, felt like a dick now. Unedited.))
((So you can feel human emotion! Next, let's work on those omnicidal urges.))

DEAR EVERYONE NOT IN SURGERY, A DEATH MATCH, OR AN AVATAR: GET YOUR BUTTS TO THE BRIEFING ROOM NOWS LIKE.  I WILL RELEASE THE HOUNDS. BY WHICH I MEAN NYARS.
((I thought only the team'd people were going on a mission now? Alright, well, see below.))
((Incidentally, that turn has what I believe is the most sig-worthy quotes I've seen in any turn post.))

Grate looks up in surprise.
"Um, bye...whatever you are, I've got to go..."
Grate hurries to try and get to briefing.

"...don't want to accidentally press the trigger or whatever and blow a hole in some kid."
Grate twitches.
"I wonder what that was about."

Heading to the briefing room is probably somewhere in there.

..Get controlled by SC or someone who could play Feyri at the moment because I don't want to hold up Lenglon and GWG in the infirmary as we hug and >__> I can't believe it.

You too can have your legs cut off for the betterment of the rebellion!
Tiruin waves around a tiny, red 'Go Rebellion' flag.

((Is there some clause somewhere in the ER universe laws that females in the HMRC aren't allowed to either be or stay normal? Not implying anything bad about Lyra, here, I only found out that she's 24 as of the writing of this post, so in my list she used to be a child. >_> Which would make the list a child, an unnaturally strong virtual child, two different robots, a synthetic She-Hulk, a personification of reality warping and combat prowess... and May. >_<))
((I would rant on this fact and relate it to how I feel, but I've no time to do it and it would be stupid.

...She-hulk? >_>))

Get to the briefing room. Whatever.

This...isn't so bad.

I mean..I could still feel Lyra. And Grate-didn't have the courage to talk to him..glad he respected it. Or so silence goes..

And she hugged me.

...If only they could see my expression now. But..great. There goes Steve's announcement.

Time to be useful, I guess.

We said the briefing room, Feyri, not the depression room.

God, can't you do anything right?

Milno to the briefing room.

You head to the briefing room, practicing a British accent and James Bond lines as you go.
((Lars would have just passed right out if a physical form of Steve was in his presence.  Interesting on how several facets of that were hinted when Lars was discussing avatar forms with Steve.))

[aux:6]

Now steve is giant and has a package that could frighten a horse.

((You know, I considered specifying that in the description.))

"Perfect!"

Lars looks up as the call to the briefing room comes out.  Well, the perfect place to display the work.

Head to the briefing room.  Display the artwork and seek approval of Steve and the rest of the crew.

"Glorious Steve, your face to the world has been made.  Brothers and sisters of the HMRC, behold!"

You head to the briefing room and rub your picture in everyone's face. A very specific part of your picture, to be precise. You get mixed reviews of "GAH" and "Oh god damn it, get that out of my face."

May seems to like it.

As long as I still fit in the Phase suit, I don't want, nor do I think I could afford, anything too fancy.

Procure Synthflesh body, get installed in it, then pick up the rocket pods (with some kind of harness so the Synthflesh can use it) and Phase suit, and head to the briefing room.

((So many frakking ninjas.

Also, I would love to get something other than 100% plain human synthflesh, but the issue arises of 1: cost, and 2: compatability with my phase suit. For example, make it digitigrade, or have a mechadendrite, but that might be prohibitively expensive and incompatable with my awesome suit of intangibility. And a possible point 3 being that I'll stand out even more (though really, the entirety of Team Joker will be sticking out like a sore thumb with elephantiasis.))
Done and done.
"Oh dear. That is certainly unfortunate."

Dance over to briefing room, as we're apparently supposed to be there.
Another misspelling of briefing room

Jim heads to the briefing room; Miya can always respond to his message personally there.
IT CONTIUNES
>If the AM is still in front of me, continue talking to her.

"I... see." Jobasio wasn't about to be brushed off that easily.
"Might I be so bold as to ask- just what is the aim of this Revolution?" He made sure to politely pronounce the capital letter.
"I understand the UWM's many failings as a government, of course, and I certainly do have at least my fair share of dislike for them, but how exactly do you... we plan to improve things? Is there some list of planned improvements? A manifesto, if you will?"

He looked levelly at her for a moment.
"As it is, I am hesitant to throw myself fully into this cause, this Revolution. As much as I like the idea, as far as I can see we are simply going through the same motions as we did before, still killing on command, risking our lives to get ahead in this 'token' system, that we might purchase bigger guns to kill on command more efficiently- only now we are told it is for the greater good."
He shrugged, looking a bit sheepish. "...Of course, not like any of it makes any difference. It is not as though I have a choice in the matter- the tech buried in my spine sees to that. I am simply trying to better understand this great "cause" that has been thrust upon me so suddenly. Oh, and speaking of tokens, let me see..."

>Whilst discussing Revolution with the AM, also find time to purchase a "Sibilus" Rocket/Gauss hybrid rifle. Apparently I have enough tokens, according to the cheatsheets, at least. ((Even without meeting the strength requirement, I can still more-or-less fire the thing, right?))

>Eagerly await the AM's response to my rambling.
"Actually you can leave if you want." the armory master says, leaning on the counter. "We can let you out when we land. No one is keeping you here anymore."

(You could fire that rifle but before you buy it I'm gonna warn you that trying to use it is gonna cause penalties. and those penalties are going to greatly increase your chance of putting a rocket propelled gauss round into a friend's head.)

Purchase enough automated manipulators to completely protect my whole suit and the rocket pods. Buy some armour plating too if I can, and have it placed on my head, neck, vitals, rocket pods and torso sections of my suit first before the rest of it. Get my rocket rifle clip refilled and buy another one if possible, then head to the briefing.

You get 3 of the automated manipulators, enough to give you a good degree of protection vs pretty much anything for a while at least.

May grasps her boyfriend's hand, "Thomas, I think we need to put the game on hold. We should go to the Briefing Room."
Take Thomas to Briefing.
((Wow, I really need to start paying more attention to the forums.))
"Oh, yeah. That would probrably be good."
Be taken.
DONE

[Toaster]

You find an air vent.

Oh.

Wait...is there someone staring back at you from inside the vent?

T gives a silent glare at the figure in the air vent, whose fault it obviously is for this loss of face.

He then heads to the briefing room, appearing in time to notice a man holding a painting of a giant who seems to have done away with underwear, possibly upon realizing that none would ever fit him. Teal does a double-take and then makes a face as though to project "Dear god, that thing would make a skyscraper wilt"
Cautiously, he walks up to the painting and puts a hand across the offending junk, before realizing he couldn't possibly cover the whole thing, gives a single appreciative nod and sits down.

((Edit: Apologies for my slowness on these posts, by the way. I'm on for fairly long periods, but I'm also trying to catch up to the current story, through ship and mission threads, so that eats up a fair bit of my time.))

T, professional censor, joins the crew in the briefing room and admires phalli.

"Well is there anything that simply bends light around due to the properties of the material? Or if that is unavailable something that can work while moving or a at least while doing so carefully? I guess like well an invisibility cloak would be good at least in shape..."
Ask, buy available invisibility gear, Flee the wrath of NYAAAAAARRRRS
"We can get you invisibility at the price, but only if you don't move. Keeping the illusion while moving is a lot harder. Light bending is possible too, but it's imperfect. It has a visible distorting effect; not a big one but obvious if you are really looking or have straight lines around you that people can see bending."

(we'll work out the final buy here after the briefing. You'll have a turn or two to finish getting ready.)

"oh for the love off... You'd think the days of random brawls in the hallways would've be over when we became a full-fledged army, but nope, barfights it is.
Yeah sure, Lars is ok. Or you can pick someone else, like someone without a lot of missions. To be fair, my thoughts are somewhat pre-occupied right now. Like trying to hold back the rage that wants to kill you all and destroy this ship, y'know, the usuall.

Follow briefing remotely.

You sink back into your real body and, with no small amount of effort, lift one of your arms and open a video channel to the briefing.

Take a nap, regrow whatever I lost.

Sleeping in a goo tank-do do do DOOOO- sleeping in a goo tank- DO DO DO DOOOOOOO

Go to the briefing room
Vin Diesel heads to the briefing room.

Ok, I have IRL obligations for the next....11 hours or so. The Briefing will commence when I return this evening. Talk amongst yourselves, admire lar's interpretation of steve's dick, take bets on how long it will take for Miyamoto to take the base single handedly, etc.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17143 on: September 09, 2013, 11:12:41 am »

You too can have your legs cut off for the betterment of the rebellion!
Tiruin waves around a tiny, red 'Go Rebellion' flag.

((Is there some clause somewhere in the ER universe laws that females in the HMRC aren't allowed to either be or stay normal? Not implying anything bad about Lyra, here, I only found out that she's 24 as of the writing of this post, so in my list she used to be a child. >_> Which would make the list a child, an unnaturally strong virtual child, two different robots, a synthetic She-Hulk, a personification of reality warping and combat prowess... and May. >_<))
((I would rant on this fact and relate it to how I feel, but I've no time to do it and it would be stupid.

...She-hulk? >_>))

Get to the briefing room. Whatever.

This...isn't so bad.

I mean..I could still feel Lyra. And Grate-didn't have the courage to talk to him..glad he respected it. Or so silence goes..

And she hugged me.

...If only they could see my expression now. But..great. There goes Steve's announcement.

Time to be useful, I guess.

We said the briefing room, Feyri, not the depression room.

God, can't you do anything right?
((Doesn't seem like I can. Because now I'm either in the briefing room, or in the quarters sitting on my bed..

@Xan: It's my fault. I got the between-humor. It was my emotions. Sorry.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17144 on: September 09, 2013, 11:16:37 am »

Jim laughed. "The hands of Steve... that's quite the title." He placed his upper hands on Lars's shoulders. "But don't forget the rest of them. We all have our parts in that story."

(Yeah, I think we're officially swapping Xan for Lars. Kind of already did that in-character and frankly, things might be better this way since Xan doesn't have a decomp of any sort. >.> I'll try to help him get one as soon as possible but for now it might be best if he hung back on the ship to act as crowd control should it be necessary and we take one of the few guys who's actually got a few points in ConWep. :P)
Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 ... 2101