_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1140 1141 [1142] 1143 1144 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928234 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Apotheosis
« Reply #17115 on: September 08, 2013, 10:50:52 pm »

>If the AM is still in front of me, continue talking to her.

"I... see." Jobasio wasn't about to be brushed off that easily.
"Might I be so bold as to ask- just what is the aim of this Revolution?" He made sure to politely pronounce the capital letter.
"I understand the UWM's many failings as a government, of course, and I certainly do have at least my fair share of dislike for them, but how exactly do you... we plan to improve things? Is there some list of planned improvements? A manifesto, if you will?"

He looked levelly at her for a moment.
"As it is, I am hesitant to throw myself fully into this cause, this Revolution. As much as I like the idea, as far as I can see we are simply going through the same motions as we did before, still killing on command, risking our lives to get ahead in this 'token' system, that we might purchase bigger guns to kill on command more efficiently- only now we are told it is for the greater good."
He shrugged, looking a bit sheepish. "...Of course, not like any of it makes any difference. It is not as though I have a choice in the matter- the tech buried in my spine sees to that. I am simply trying to better understand this great "cause" that has been thrust upon me so suddenly. Oh, and speaking of tokens, let me see..."

>Whilst discussing Revolution with the AM, also find time to purchase a "Sibilus" Rocket/Gauss hybrid rifle. Apparently I have enough tokens, according to the cheatsheets, at least. ((Even without meeting the strength requirement, I can still more-or-less fire the thing, right?))

>Eagerly await the AM's response to my rambling.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 10:56:41 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17116 on: September 08, 2013, 10:52:40 pm »

Lars looked at the kid critiquing his art.  Strange... did he know this young one?

"No, brother, this image is the face that Steve wishes to project to the world."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17117 on: September 08, 2013, 11:02:26 pm »

Go to the briefing room to better understand what's going on.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17118 on: September 08, 2013, 11:08:23 pm »

Purchase enough automated manipulators to completely protect my whole suit and the rocket pods. Buy some armour plating too if I can, and have it placed on my head, neck, vitals, rocket pods and torso sections of my suit first before the rest of it. Get my rocket rifle clip refilled and buy another one if possible, then head to the briefing.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17119 on: September 08, 2013, 11:14:26 pm »

((Damn. Bishop is gonna be sturdy as fuck if he gets all that.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17120 on: September 08, 2013, 11:42:05 pm »

((Milno-style battlesuit armor: Chestplate for three tokens, backplate three, helmet one, pelvis two, pauldrons two, shin pads one each, upper leg three each, forearm plates one, knuckle pads are one for both hands, upper arms one each and knee guards are one for both knees.

Adding more armor than the basic parts (such chestplate, backplate, helmet and pelvis) means your exoskeleton will be working extra to carry the armor. You lose the +1 to Str from the exo and your fuel goes faster.

Don't remember pod armor.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17121 on: September 09, 2013, 12:05:14 am »

((So for complete Milno-style armor, you pay 24 tokens total, are less protected, and lose your exoskeleton's strength modifier.

Yeah... Just get a battlesuit.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #17122 on: September 09, 2013, 12:25:16 am »

"Right, thanks."

(Steve's synthflesh body reminds me of the Truth for some reason.  Be glad he didn't start taking bits of your bodies.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17123 on: September 09, 2013, 02:05:00 am »

(Nope, not happening. :P PW runs a game where not everyone's actions are needed and I'm not going to play a character I didn't create. Unless you want me to have Feyri start trying to seduce Xan because I guarantee I'll go do that just to annoy everyone. >:3)
O.o
But I-
((I'm tempted to have that happen.
'Feyri, why are you molesting the patient with no genitals or skin?'
"I dunno."))
...Not funny.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:16:38 am by Tiruin »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17124 on: September 09, 2013, 02:15:45 am »

((...
Sorry for any distress I may have caused. Poe's Law and all that.
It was in a joking tone of 'voice'; obviously it would've been OOC for Feyri to do that. It was more of a 'of course this is never going to happen because it's OOC and never going to happen anyway, but if...'the humor (black as it is) comes directly from how outrageously distanced from reality the hypothetical situation is.
Again, sorry for all the unintentional derp. Stupid subtext not being conveyed through text.))
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:18:39 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17125 on: September 09, 2013, 02:30:08 am »

May grasps her boyfriend's hand, "Thomas, I think we need to put the game on hold. We should go to the Briefing Room."
Take Thomas to Briefing.
((Wow, I really need to start paying more attention to the forums.))
"Oh, yeah. That would probrably be good."
Be taken.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17126 on: September 09, 2013, 02:54:07 am »

((I'm not going to be able to afford all that armour plating if I get the auto-manipulator shield first. Hence why I just want plating over the most important bits, namely my head, neck, rocket pods and torso.

Can I get the auto-manipulator shield fitted onto a battlesuit? If so, then I will sell off my suit and gear, keep the shield and buy a battlesuit ASAP. I'll need to have Bishop read that manual about the thing and practice moving and doing stuff with it in VR, given my previous experience with battlesuits. What models of battlesuit are available again?))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17127 on: September 09, 2013, 02:54:55 am »

You mange to talk them both into, at least momentarily, giving up on their attempts to kill one another. You do this via a flinging the foulest, dirtiest, most loathsome insults you can possibly think of at them. This effectively diverts their aggression off each other...and on to you.
((Charles is screwed. On a related note:))
((Well at least he was the one who screwed himself with his weapon and incapacitated the other two as well :P I hope this counts as a successful weapons testing session...))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17128 on: September 09, 2013, 03:38:52 am »

[Toaster]

You find an air vent.

Oh.

Wait...is there someone staring back at you from inside the vent?

T gives a silent glare at the figure in the air vent, whose fault it obviously is for this loss of face.

He then heads to the briefing room, appearing in time to notice a man holding a painting of a giant who seems to have done away with underwear, possibly upon realizing that none would ever fit him. Teal does a double-take and then makes a face as though to project "Dear god, that thing would make a skyscraper wilt"
Cautiously, he walks up to the painting and puts a hand across the offending junk, before realizing he couldn't possibly cover the whole thing, gives a single appreciative nod and sits down.

((Edit: Apologies for my slowness on these posts, by the way. I'm on for fairly long periods, but I'm also trying to catch up to the current story, through ship and mission threads, so that eats up a fair bit of my time.))
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:34:04 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #17129 on: September 09, 2013, 04:52:32 am »

"Well is there anything that simply bends light around due to the properties of the material? Or if that is unavailable something that can work while moving or a at least while doing so carefully? I guess like well an invisibility cloak would be good at least in shape..."
Ask, buy available invisibility gear, Flee the wrath of NYAAAAAARRRRS
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 1140 1141 [1142] 1143 1144 ... 2101