_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1131 1132 [1133] 1134 1135 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924212 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Apotheosis
« Reply #16980 on: September 07, 2013, 07:30:12 pm »

((Actually, I changed my mind. Nyars is most likely to give me an unconventional, exotic or will based weapon and I'm not good with any of those. I'll edit my action to paying my debts. I'll just use some of our mission money to buy a gauss cannon to combat the heavy threats, if there isn't anyone who needs the money more. Sorry if my begging annoyed anyone.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16981 on: September 07, 2013, 07:52:46 pm »

((@TCM: It was already mentioned and if I recall correctly, they are like small metal coin/trinket things.

@Paris: Well, I don't think your begging annoyed anyone. In fact, I was considering giving you that token and the offer still stands if you're interested and walked around asking for it IC.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16982 on: September 07, 2013, 07:56:44 pm »

((So, I started reading Worm today, and guess who I saw in the comments of Agitation 3.1? None other than our very own GWG.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #16983 on: September 07, 2013, 08:01:43 pm »

((I think that's the first time The Doctor has used painkillers during major surgery without knocking you out. Also, I wonder, is there some kind of braincase system for the Avatars for those who no longer have bodies?))

Head over to the armory.

Can I get a synthflesh body that is the same proportions as this normal robotic one? And could you hang on to my rocket pods and phase suit while I get it? The former I might need some kind of harness for, the latter is far too valuable for me to leave it with anyone else.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16984 on: September 07, 2013, 08:14:59 pm »

Go sit in APC.

((So it looks a bit like a M113 or something similar?))
You go sit in the driver's chair in the APC. It's got a rather simple layout; just two throttles, one for each thread, some switches for the engine, lights and such.

(looks like it)

"Black, purple, turquoise and blue, these are the pills I will give you..."

Look for Grate. If found, hand him the pill machine with a knowing, conspiratorial look, then enact plan Eat Them Pills.

Plan Eat Them Pills entails going to a more secluded (less populated, anyhow) corner of the particular room I'm in or at least the hallway and popping that black pill. Swallowing it, preferably. Drink some water on top of that if needed and there is some in ready availability.

Wait, no. Hold off a bit. If I see Xan and Patrick fighting, pay attention to what's happening.

You walk toward the infirmary, intent on giving the pill to Grate, when you run across Fishman and Xan (Huh, Fishman and Xan would make a great band name if you pronounce xan as "Zan" ) fighting to the death over...something? Hmm.

You sit down and watch, humming a tune.

(That (Avatar-ization) was certainly detailed. O.o And yeah, I found the journal before, but just like last time I did Tiruin's apparently too busy to give me the message Feyri wanted Jim to read, so if nothing happens by mission start I guess I'll just give up on it permanently. No point beating a dead horse.)
(I never did go into any real detail about the process, so I wanted to give a bit, even if it was kinda poor.)

"Well all righty then, better go say thanks to the AM"

He walks over to the armory, clunking along the hallway.

"Hello again, I just wanted to pop in and say thanks again for, well, popping my head. Whatever you actually did there, I don't really know, since I was dead. Anyway, you seemed rather unaffected by me just asking you to decapitate me. Don't tell me you've done this before?"

Talk to AM, then go watch some TV until our mission begins. also try to switch to the different cameras over my body when watching TV
You say your thanks to the AM but the television continues not to work.

Wake up from my position curled up dozing against Feyri's bed. slowly stand up, stretch, turn to look at Robo-Feyri once more, then abruptly give her a brief (1 second) hug, before leaving and going to the rec room, opening up VR, and resuming my training with the sandbag. replace the bright red sand with bright red clay, but otherwise the process is the same as my last test from last time

If I see the fight between Insane Pyromanic and Fish Monster... reroute to avoid the fight, but let the monsters kill each other.
You run to the exit of the infirmary but find that Xan and what seems like a deep one are duking it out right outside! You shrink back and bump into a man in a doctor's outfit. His name tag says Maurice. He offers you a soda from a cooler he's got under one arm.

"You way want to stay here for a moment." he says, glancing at the fight. "At least until one of them is dead."

Charles notices the commotion and deploys his turret in a concealed location that still has line of sight to both combatants before he tries to convince both of them to stop and quickly walks off without even observing the result.
You set up your turret, pointing it directly at both fighters before trying to convince them of the futility of using force. A bit ironic, but sure, ok.

[speech:6+1+1 (jesus)]

[xan will:3+1]
[pat will:4]

You mange to talk them both into, at least momentarily, giving up on their attempts to kill one another. You do this via a flinging the foulest, dirtiest, most loathsome insults you can possibly think of at them. This effectively diverts their aggression off each other...and on to you.

((I also assume Fishman is screaming in horrible pain. Or anger.))

"Hrmm. Reminds me of that time I drunk Astro. Although, that had a bit more stuff."

Press button again, ask about to see if anyone saw what happened to me after I pressed the button. If no one saw, head to the armory and ask someone to observe me press button, and tell me what happens after I do.
You pop back into existence and, after catching your breath, ask a nurse if they saw what happened. She tells you that you appeared to completely vanish and then to reappear again.

"Huh.  This seems familiar..."
Try transferring the pyramid from hand to hand, or to different parts of my body.  Also try cutting off the hand that it's currently attached to, and try to get it off me mentally.  Then find Jim, Milno, Feyri, Faith or Ivan and see if they recognize it.
[exo:2]
The pyramid doesn't move from one hand to the other, but severing your hand does cause it to "reset"  to it's idle floating position. You get it back on your hand and then go show it to Milno, waving it around in front of his face.

"Hmm, thought so.  Well, it shouldn't be too much of a problem for me... you think there's any way to find out for sure what this does without blowing a hole in the hull?"
((Try it in VR? I'm not sure it would work, but it's worth a shot.))

What functions would I lose? Also, ask the AM if she'll fund a prototype.
Well, it would function basically as an infinite laser with an underslung gauss rifle and thats about it. Nothing fancy but effective.

((Oh, Internet back earlier than expected.))

If possible, wake up.

Give it a minute.  The doctor got interrupted mid surgery. 

Burn his neck to ashes, along with the spine in that area.
CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER RAGE TOWARD CHARLES XAN SMASH

STEPHEN HAWKING reasons that its still not good to have a cut up hand, even if not in immediate danger of bleed out or anything, and goes to the doctor anyway.
Once there he asks whatever medical staff are on hand to un-slice his hand.
If the Mad Doktor is there STEPHEN HAWKING asks him if he will participate in an experiment to see what happens if STEPHEN HAWKING fully amputates his arm, with the condition that the arm will be re-attached or replaced if the knife doesn't create some magical construct or something weird like that.

On radio: "I repeat, anyone who wishes to be the APC gunner, come to the garage,"
((I totally would but STEPHEN HAWKING isn't good with guns. And also he is nursing/experimenting at the moment.))
[will:5-1]
You walk to the infirmary, completely ignoring the fight going on, and get a nurse there to bandage up your hand, despite the lack of pain or bleeding. You're feeling... kinda strange...

((I don't know if this has ever been raised, but what do the tokens look like?
I always imagined them as small, purple plastic disks.

Like This.

"Doc, I'm ready when you are."

Go. Go to the next level. Evolve. Become... the Avatar of War.

((I'd write something more elaborate, but alas, no time.
At least you'll be spared of more of my rp  :P ))

"Ready." Your voice is garbled by the CFC fluid, but it's good enough for them.

"Alright. Releasing external restraints."

You hear a metal clank and feel the body slouch forward a bit.

"Powering up internal systems."

The monitors, buttons and panels all flicker to life, filling the cockpit with an eerie green glow that shimmers in the viscous fluid.

"Locking internal restraints and final protective layers."

Metal rings slide out of slots on either side of you and close around your leg stumps, stomach, chest and neck. leaving only your arms below the elbow and your head free. Air cushions, like those inside a blood pressure cuff, expand and hold you firmly.

"Ending sedation and charging for first contact."

You hear a sound like a defibrillator charging and feel the body shift and move. You can hear it's great muscles tensing around you.

"Contact in 3...2...1...go."

[will:4]

The view of the cockpit is instantly replaced by the view of the outer world, the isolation room and it's several dozens automated turrets and armor plated walls. The feelings of nausea and vertigo that you've weathered for what seems like hours vanish, replaced with a sense of power, of control. It flows through your like icy flame, burning through each massive limb and boiling in your chest. Like an amphetamine rush, a wellspring of invincibility, a sharpening of every faculty and expansion of every skill.  You feel like you're going mad with it, this power, this desire to use it, to tear apart anything and everything, to rend and tear and stand knee deep in blood, roaring for more. You clench your fists and hold it back. It's hard.

"We're reading a bit of neural noise, but things are within expected parameters. Looks like implantation was successful. Try walking a bit. Move around, Get used to it. "

((I think that's the first time The Doctor has used painkillers during major surgery without knocking you out. Also, I wonder, is there some kind of braincase system for the Avatars for those who no longer have bodies?))

Head over to the armory.

Can I get a synthflesh body that is the same proportions as this normal robotic one? And could you hang on to my rocket pods and phase suit while I get it? The former I might need some kind of harness for, the latter is far too valuable for me to leave it with anyone else.
"Sure. And you're sure you don't want anything special about it? Just standard humanoid?" The armory master asks.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16985 on: September 07, 2013, 08:16:26 pm »

Charles witnesses a strange hallucination fading from his vision, it depicted a six-sided die rolling an eight. Seems like he tranced out again and he's somehow aggravated the two combatants.
Charles continues moving away in a zig-zagging, erratic faction towards the nearest veteran while trying to calm down his pursuers. He will obscure their view of him by firing a shot or two to deploy a cloud of ClF3 between himself and his pursuers and sweeping the stops towards the latter.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:33:35 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16986 on: September 07, 2013, 08:18:13 pm »

((@Caellath:Thanks a lot, but that's still a no. The scientist and the gambler in me wants to try the Nyars loot. But the powergamer and the good guy in me wants to go with paying off my debts (since there is a chance I will die in the coming battle) and getting the best possible roll bonuses and weapons and those two guys make the most sense right now. Plus, it fits IC. I made a promise to Miyamoto not to take stupid risks and using unknown and untested alien weapons of possible mass destruction near my teammates counts as a stupid risk I think. Still, thanks for the offer. Thanks to all the people who trusted me with their money. It means you either didn't care about money, wanted to help a teammate more than you wanted money or really trusted me I'll pull through the mission despite my character's quirks. All good things in my opinion.))

((Also, Simus getting synthfleshed: She'll finally have a +1 to some stats and skills. Most of them actually. That's a bit reassuring and frightening at the same time, considering her equipment and jack of all trades skills and stats...))

Pay off my debts. 5 tokens to Miyamoto (give them to him through the AM if you don't want to just have them transferred), 1 to Jim and 1 to Lars.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16987 on: September 07, 2013, 08:23:49 pm »

((Wait, is the rage going to make him try to fry Charles, or is it going to make him try to punch Charles?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #16988 on: September 07, 2013, 08:24:31 pm »

((I already have 2/3 chances of +1 to Will (Dat phase suit) and Dex.

Also, this seems to be the interregnum of people getting their abilities jacked up through the roof.))

What can I do non-standard that wouldn't cost too much more than the baseline?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16989 on: September 07, 2013, 08:27:23 pm »

Well, that's good enough for me for now. Make sure I have the dynamic bonus from tinker, unless I can get another one (then spend this turn getting another +1), find a peaceful, protected space (Stasis area? Either way, avoid the fighting.) and build it.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16990 on: September 07, 2013, 08:30:31 pm »

You run to the exit of the infirmary but find that Xan and what seems like a deep one are duking it out right outside! You shrink back and bump into a man in a doctor's outfit. His name tag says Maurice. He offers you a soda from a cooler he's got under one arm.

"You way want to stay here for a moment." he says, glancing at the fight. "At least until one of them is dead."
((Maurice is well known to Lyra. He was the first person she opened up to at all on the ship, and is on par with (or higher than) Feyri in terms of levels of trust. she doesn't need to read the nametag to recognize him.
however, that kind of apathy and speech pattern is...
out of character for him, as she knows him))
take the soda, read the label, and if it doesn't seem like it would be mind-affecting, sip it. either way, lean back against him and hold the soda can against my chest with both hands (when not drinking from it of course).
"Why?"
Interact with Maurice

((to save time, I might as well add in Lyra's reaction to an expected misunderstanding))
if Maurice says stuff that indicates that he thinks I asked "why would I want to stay here and wait?":
shake my head twice.
"Why. fight?"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 09:05:35 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16991 on: September 07, 2013, 08:31:24 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING focuses on this feeling of strangeness.
((I was wondering what the will rolls were for...probably to not go mad with power or something....WOOPS))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16992 on: September 07, 2013, 08:32:24 pm »

RAAARGATSFARAFWRAS INCINERATE CHARLES LENGTHWISE STARTING WITH PENIS

((Also, Xan can be pronounced Zan if you want.))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:26:58 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16993 on: September 07, 2013, 08:34:10 pm »

((Also, Xan can be pronounced Zan if you want.))
((That's how I always pronounced it....how do you normally pronounce it?
Wait lemme guess....something unintelligible.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16994 on: September 07, 2013, 08:38:39 pm »

((Hmmm lets just say i cut a rather nice hole straight through crawler then got crushed by a falling pillar.))

exit VR and pick up Gungnir then go see what all the commotion is about in the hallway, send a message to jim asking if it is an authorised duel.

Oh and change the field of fire on my hardpoint to match that of the VR simulation, should be a free roll or dynamic bonus.

Code: (from Auron to Jim) [Select]
uhh jim, we got a rather nasty looking fight out here between the electric eel and a cyborg
space magician under the watchful eye of an automated turret, did you authorise a duel or something?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 09:03:06 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 1131 1132 [1133] 1134 1135 ... 2101