_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926306 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Apotheosis
« Reply #16920 on: September 07, 2013, 02:31:16 am »

"Hmm, that does sound tempting. What can I get on the more technical and special side of protection for around 10 tokens that can protect my suit?"

Ask about more technical options in my current price range. Also, find out how much it costs for both the armour plating and a single amp plate on one hand that I can turn on and off.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16921 on: September 07, 2013, 02:32:32 am »

Maybe I can fire a heat ray at him to get it back out of my body.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16922 on: September 07, 2013, 02:34:59 am »

((Your character is a fishman, not an energy manipulator. I think moving is a better idea. I know that manipulators are more difficult to use against erratically moving targets, I suspect the same goes for amps, since they target a specific coordinate. Hence moving in a manner that make trajectory hard to predict can cause issues for Xan.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16923 on: September 07, 2013, 02:35:21 am »

((Depends on whether I melt your brain before that. Honestly it's just a measure of who gets off the first shot.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #16924 on: September 07, 2013, 02:40:26 am »

((Uh Just checked PW I think I should have 5 tokens not 4 (10 for mission + 2 left after MMM + 1 for the rifle/battery)))
"Thankyou, is there any stealth equipment available on the cheap?"
Ask AM
[Level up that I completely forgot about]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:44:00 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16925 on: September 07, 2013, 02:45:32 am »

((Yeah, heat is a form of energy. Trying to absorb and redirect it won't do shit.))
((the problem isn't so much the form as the location and intensity. im sure there are a few species on earth that can derive energy from heat like a plant does with sunlight.
the problem here is that even a tree which gets all of its energy from the sun will burn if the sunlight is intense or focused enough.
Then there's the fact that the energy conversion effect (solar->chemical) takes place on the external surface of the main body in the leaves.
If you were to place a powerful ultraviolet light inside a tree it would not be able to convert any of the energy due to the fact there are no leaves inside the trunk and the heat buildup would destroy the surrounding biomass.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16926 on: September 07, 2013, 02:55:19 am »

"Hmmmm."
Jobasio was a bit lost with whatever had been going on while he was... napping.
He took off his sunglasses, slung Whig (his gauss rifle) over one shoulder, and headed for the Armory.

>Ask the AM just what the deal is with this whole 'revolution' thing I've been hearing about.

Or was it announced publicly? I've no idea. I was... napping.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16927 on: September 07, 2013, 02:56:07 am »

((Plus that isn't unlimited. An overwhelming amount of solar energy applied to a tree's leaves won't do much except burn it. Hence absorbing and redirecting it isn't a good idea.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16928 on: September 07, 2013, 03:11:16 am »

((Plus that isn't unlimited. An overwhelming amount of solar energy applied to a tree's leaves won't do much except burn it. Hence absorbing and redirecting it isn't a good idea.))
((hehe i just said that :P

although a side benefit of this conversation is that it has triggered an idea in my mind, biological thermocouples.
i mean could you imagine having a praying mantis the size of a small dog that was capable of converting thermal energy into chemical energy via a semi-metallic alloy carapace?
Due to the fact that electricity over a thermocouple produces heat and a metal shell would act as a Faraday cage you could almost feed it by plugging it into a wall socket :D
through an adapter of course... cant feed it 230/240 volts all at once. :P))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16929 on: September 07, 2013, 03:30:41 am »

Oh btw Piecewise? I just got an idea for some kind of artifact/Nyars box.
You ever see Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? They had something called a "Point of View Gun"
I want one.))

(( If you get a PoV Gun, I want some SEP glasses. Pretty please? They can come with his PoV Gun if you want :P ))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16930 on: September 07, 2013, 04:03:59 am »

Go check out APC.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16931 on: September 07, 2013, 06:22:40 am »

See if I have enough stuff to make the gun (Gauss rifle and laser rifle), or if I need to apply to the AM to prototype it.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16932 on: September 07, 2013, 07:08:36 am »

okay what the hell... something is going seriously wrong here...

fire some overcharge pulses at crawler then jet away again.

((Piecewise i gotta ask... are you fudging the rolls just to screw with us?))
((He's wanting to get the intermission wrapped up and the revolution started by Sunday, so I'm not entirely against some overblowing of roll results. Not fixing, mind, just exaggerating the outcomes. Such as "rocks fall, you die". :P

It's not like a lot of us can do much of the meaningful stuff in the meantime. People are burning money on Nyars' toys. The next missions can't come soon enough.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16933 on: September 07, 2013, 07:16:24 am »

((He's wanting to get the intermission wrapped up and the revolution started by Sunday, so I'm not entirely against some overblowing of roll results. Not fixing, mind, just exaggerating the outcomes. Such as "rocks fall, you die". :P

It's not like a lot of us can do much of the meaningful stuff in the meantime. People are burning money on Nyars' toys. The next missions can't come soon enough.))

((And I burned most of mine on a APC.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16934 on: September 07, 2013, 07:18:03 am »

((don't get me wrong im having lots of fun failing miserably and find it quite entertaining, i just cant help but notice that every roll has been either a natural 1 or a modified/natural overshot :P))

Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 2101