_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5920764 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16065 on: August 30, 2013, 05:00:43 pm »

(( By the time new players are actually being chosen for those super hard missions they'll just be a case of watch team leader do everything then go home but what the hell may as well waste some time.
The point I'm trying to make is it's completely unfair to the newest players to suddenly not place them onto the next missions automatically. Hell most of the reason I joint was because I thought I'd get into a mission pretty quickly since I like sink or swim moments. Not end up sitting on the ship for months while people just coming back from missions go out again.
But yes point made, newer players just have to accept it.))

((Have you read mission 7? I think you should go read mission 7. Or any other mission really, but mostly 7. Perfect example of a team of newbs with maybe 1 vet still kicking ass, and said newbs still pulling their weight and then some. Mind you, a good bit of luck was involved too, but that has been the case in all the missions up till now. Jim and Milno for example could've died several times by now, yet through luck and skill they pulled through.

I'll admit though that combat-oriented missions are harder for the rookies, which is why PW will probably keep running exploration or investigation type missions.
This is also the last thing I'm saying on the subject since it seems all the points have been made by now.

tl;dr: be patient, your time will come, little grasshopper.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16066 on: August 30, 2013, 05:03:29 pm »

@Miyamoto "once, twice, sold to the strike team leader that still has his body."

@Miya&Milno "So, uh, chiefs, since I'm in 'joker squad' what should I expect? Cause I'm kind of a one trick pony. Well two trick really, I do amps and I bleed out a lot. On that note, I hope being in a robo-body won't be a problem, because I've been quite looking forward to not bleeding anymore."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16067 on: August 30, 2013, 05:04:02 pm »

((Shall I pass out the 'EQUAL OPPORTUNITY MEATGRINDER' signs?))
(("Equal Opportunity Meatgrinder" sounds good. ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16068 on: August 30, 2013, 05:05:41 pm »

((Shall I pass out the 'EQUAL OPPORTUNITY MEATGRINDER' signs?))
(("Equal Opportunity Meatgrinder" sounds good. ^_^))
((...thread title. Calling it.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16069 on: August 30, 2013, 05:07:28 pm »

((My large post explaining my team pick was eaten (corrected) upon posting and since this is my workplace's computer, no Lazarus. Retyping:
Spoiler: Team Joker (click to show/hide)
To anyone curious, the other people I strongly considered were: Lyra (small and quiet, space magic user), Skylar (medic, apparently sane and reasonably competent), Gorat (amp and aux guy, efficient while he has all limbs attached) and Charles (has turret for area denial, seems -mostly- sane).

Hard missions will always be hard, no matter how powerful you are. Milno was probably the most senior member during the sharkmist mission and not only he basically died, he was also carried by someone else to be stuffed into the stasis pod. Jim was also there and he took enough damage that he had to limp for a good part if not the entirety of the mission.

As I said before, it is easy to call foul and forget all that has happened so far. Also my last post on the matter because the point has been made on my end.))

"Being in a robot body won't be a problem and your amps will help us."
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 06:26:22 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16070 on: August 30, 2013, 05:15:39 pm »

"..."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16071 on: August 30, 2013, 05:16:28 pm »

"Ah, good, That's good. I, uh, I'll try my damnest not to get us all killed by overloading my amp, chief" Pancaek does a quick salute

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16072 on: August 30, 2013, 05:20:19 pm »

((Level up baby!

Spending a year on a barren wasteland, having to improvise with what they had on hand and having to make some tough decisions, Miyamoto felt like he had taken a crash course in survival skills, people skills and organizational stuff. He therefore felt a little bit smarter (+5 intelligence) and more well-rounded than the previous year.
And yet again, the whole ordeal had been most... eccentric (+3 Uncon).

@PW: my stat sheet seems to be missing my +2 Zero G spear fishing. ))

Go to Am, ask following, send message with wristpad if she isn't at her kiosk:

"Hey there, I was wondering how bad Gilgamesh is. He took quite the beating, so I was wondering if there will be any... permanent damage. Also, could you maybe unlock battlesuits and their variants in VR? I need to do some modifications to Gilgamesh, and it might get technical. I'd also like the battlesuit manual please, if you still have that one."

« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:26:50 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16073 on: August 30, 2013, 05:28:56 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING, anticipating possible usefulness later, gets his butt out of stasis and goes back to the armory master, requesting a Kinetic Amplifier.
Afterward he sees if Nyars has any budget (2 token) surprises available.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16074 on: August 30, 2013, 05:30:25 pm »

"...If we're not doing what we came here to do...Can I leave?"

Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)

((Item/Token List, please.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16075 on: August 30, 2013, 05:34:20 pm »

Beginning post in about 2 hours.

Addressing fears that player chosen teams will lead to lack of newbies being picked:

Once this initial mission is over, we're gonna be running 2-3 missions at once, trying to get as many people off the ship and busy as possible. The fact that you're guarding the ship-something which I can tell you might be harder then you think- right now does not mean you will forever be lost and forgotten. If I see someone has been idle and left with nothing much to do for a while, I will make sure they get on a mission and I will still press for putting newbies in missions. I may even make up a rule about how general combat missions must be at least 1/2 newbies, if the numbers allow such a thing.

Oh and guys, if you could, I'm gonna post the cheat sheets which have the item lists on them after everyone levels up and such. Try to keep your own sheet, both so that you don't have to ask me for it (I'll put a drop box link in the OP anyways) and so that you can catch any mistakes I might make regarding your inventory or stats.

As per year mission, You can level up twice.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:36:38 pm by piecewise »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16076 on: August 30, 2013, 05:38:14 pm »

((Yay!

As a somewhat experienced XCOM player, I fully attest to the healthiness of the practice of putting at least one rookie on all non-critical missions regardless of their difficulty.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16077 on: August 30, 2013, 05:40:42 pm »

(( My main question is 'if defending the ship is a decent amount of work, will participants get stats and/or tokens?' Considering of course that failure could mean the destruction of the ship :P

Also, dear lords 10 stat points for the long mission XD ))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16078 on: August 30, 2013, 05:42:49 pm »

((Yay! One of the safest missions too. In addition, I think Vich is getting good tokens from it. One more mission and I will be able to use amps!

Level-up: Skills: +5 to Exo for a total of 6, and +1 to Uncon for a total of 1
Stats: +5 to Will of a total of 15, +1 to Charisma for a total of 5, +2 to Dexterity for a total of 5, +2 to Intrelligence for a total of 5.))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:45:17 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16079 on: August 30, 2013, 05:46:34 pm »

"...If we're not doing what we came here to do...Can I leave?"
((Characters are already free to walk around the ship. We're just answering some questions.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 ... 2101