_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921106 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15990 on: August 30, 2013, 11:50:12 am »

"Do we have any additional allies? If so, who are they?"

To this question, Milno's eyes narrow. He manages to give an answer to Charles' doubts as well as probably to a few of Bishop's own inquiries. "Yes, we do. We have Steve and all the other HMRC crews as our allies. Steve is an overly secretive bastard with much more power than you think he has, to start with."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15991 on: August 30, 2013, 11:56:52 am »

Gorat returns dressed, showered, and smoking a normal cigarette.

"Okay. So, yeah, the UWM are corrupt and evil, and use the HMRC as a dumping ground for anything not even remotely resembling criminals. Yeah, a revolution against them sounds nice enough. But, really? We're one ship. Maybe some other ships join in. A few ships, maybe, against the entire UWM. I gather we're trying to take over Hephaestus, a major industrial world, sure... but not the only one. When it comes to it, what weapons do we have the UWM does not? And worse, what weapons does the UWM have that we don't? Ghost ships, for starters. We've been on one. If the UWM decides to mobilize one, what's the plan?

And say we do succeed. What happens then? Building a better society? I can only speak about myself, but I am a criminal - I may not think I deserved being sent into the HMRC, but yeah, I broke laws. How many of us are here unjustly or as volunteers, and how many of us are real criminals? How many of us have workable political ideals?

I mean, I'm in. But... how well prepared are we really?
"

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15992 on: August 30, 2013, 11:59:55 am »

wait, silently trembling, in my corner of the overpopulated room. look for opportunities to escape.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15993 on: August 30, 2013, 12:02:13 pm »

"You're forgetting something my friend. Most of the UWM's arsenal is controlled electronically, including ghost ships, titans, planetary defense systems and the like. A single point of failure. Compromise their communications, get their AIs on your side and everything becomes so much easier...

The beast is big, but it's slow and overconfident, with many "single points of failure" as they say. I am happy we shall be the ones to end it and its corrupt rule."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15994 on: August 30, 2013, 12:07:49 pm »

Something to do, I suppose. I've watched a city burn, now I may as well gaze upon the stars crumbling.
"Correction. If I heard right from hearsay, you watched a city freeze. Continuing that progression, you better not be causing the heat death of the universe while we're not looking."

Anton turns to the three team leaders.

"Although I have to concur in that I see no immediate gain from taking over the galaxy. I mean... it's fine and all to throw off an oppressive regime, but who are we to say that we are putting anyone better into power? We'd be causing untold death and destruction... probably moreso than is standard procedure for the HMRC as I've seen it, even - and the final outcome of that is... what?

I would prefer to have an oppressive regime ruling a galaxy with a semblance of order, than a decapitated puppet of a government trying to keep control as worlds disintegrate in its hands and it struggles to just stand on its own two legs. Aheh. Sorry, puns are my way of coping.

What I meant to say is, first and foremost - I hope you all know what you're doing. As for me, I think I'll just try to survive in your wake. And maybe toss you a gun or two to keep you going. Good luck.
"

With that, Anton makes sure he's dressed, then hobbles off to the Infirmary to get his leg fixed, and checks on the status of his possessions. Did the chair get brought back too?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:41:26 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15995 on: August 30, 2013, 12:19:12 pm »

((I'm sure at least one person will come and help me answer those. Any moment now...))

"I mean, I'm in. But... how well prepared are we really?"
"Although I have to concur in that I see no immediate gain from taking over the galaxy. I mean... it's fine and all to throw off an oppressive regime, but who are we to say that we are putting anyone better into power? We'd be causing untold death and destruction... probably moreso than is standard procedure for the HMRC as I've seen it, even - and the final outcome of that is... what?

I would prefer to have an oppressive regime ruling a galaxy with a semblance of order, than a decapitated puppet of a government trying to keep control as worlds disintegrate in its hands and it struggles to just stand on its own two legs. Aheh. Sorry, puns are my way of coping.

What I meant to say is, first and foremost - I hope you all know what you're doing. As for me, I think I'll just try to survive in your wake. And maybe toss you a gun or two to keep you going. Good luck.
"

"How do you think the UWM managed to come victorious out of the Altered Wars during its first steps even though they were a bunch of military leaders controlling troops from worlds so far away from each other? What would they need to achieve it?"
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:20:52 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15996 on: August 30, 2013, 12:21:44 pm »

I guess you plan to disable FTL communications, this cutting the various planets off from one another and making them easy pickings?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15997 on: August 30, 2013, 12:29:23 pm »

"How do you think the UWM managed to come victorious out of the Altered Wars during its first steps even though they were a bunch of military leaders controlling troops from worlds so far away from each other? What would they need to achieve it?"
"Given the tone of the question, I'm guessing "Having a plan and competent commanding officers in position" is not it."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15998 on: August 30, 2013, 12:38:03 pm »

"Grossly simplified, big guns, the military intelligence on where to point them, and the communications to get the intelligence to the guns. I have to doubt we can create a UWM-wide communications breakdown. A localized communications breakdown that only includes Hephaestus as an important world would be handing free military intelligence to the enemy."

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15999 on: August 30, 2013, 12:49:39 pm »

"What I mean is that the same 'person' who was tasked with saving mankind during the Altered Wars and took the humans to victory, who predicted the bloating and corruption of UWM and that began gradually expanding its influence, power and capacity in response to that, who was once the grand overseer of the UWM before being downgraded to a quiet custodian, who also devised a new government to take over in place of the current one and who has several ships taking the largest manufacturing worlds of the UWM is standing by our side." he says with his usual confidence.

"You don't get a prize for guessing."
>Yes?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16000 on: August 30, 2013, 12:51:58 pm »

"You mean Steve, don't you?"
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:54:51 pm by Tavik Toth »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16001 on: August 30, 2013, 12:54:02 pm »

What will we get out of this?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #16002 on: August 30, 2013, 12:58:06 pm »

"I kind of get the impression you mean that doctor from the ghost ship, but I can't say I know anyone on the ship... hm... maybe I do."

Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16003 on: August 30, 2013, 12:58:20 pm »

Bishop sighed and promptly slapped the first idiot upside the back of the head.

"You clearly don't listen. And as for what we'll get out of this, how about a possible early release from the HMRC and a blank slate to start a new life on? Think about it and what we could get for doing this. Use that brain you hopefully have.

Still... Son of a bitch... I guess that's why he's allowing us to do this. Can I talk with him in private for a bit? I've got some questions for him, and I don't think I should waste your time with them."

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16004 on: August 30, 2013, 01:00:04 pm »

"And what are the rest of us supposed to do while your all off getting paid and released? Twiddle our thumbs? Or I guess thumb in my case."
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:01:39 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.
Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 2101