_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921311 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15825 on: August 29, 2013, 02:56:12 am »

((So... who else thinks that steve is recruiting our mightiest champions to help him in his attempts to gain power/destroy an evil alien conspiracy involving the galaxies leaders.))

((Also piecewise, any idea on when we mere mortals can get back to our self destructive shenanigans?))

secure my footlocker near my pod under nyars watchful glare then submit to his will and become a popsicle.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:57:31 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15826 on: August 29, 2013, 03:06:13 am »

"Oh great. Stasis again. Can't say I've been missing that. Can I just sleep the jump off? I'm sure it won't be as dangerous as living on that rock was."

Get podded. Think podded thoughts.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15827 on: August 29, 2013, 03:33:25 am »

Pod up or do a robot equivalent kind of thing.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15828 on: August 29, 2013, 04:59:18 am »

((He seems to want to use conventional weaponry, and most f the good ones have a strength requirement))
((Ooh, good point. I think he's trying to be fairly flexible on that front, but yeah, sissy gun wielders don't work out tremendously well.

That said, he could probably get away with just using a laser rifle until he's gotten whatever else he needs/wants up and ready. Or, conversely, using a manipulator/amp until he's ready for a real gun.))

((Do note however, that most people just keep str on 3 and then get an exoskeleton to cover their needs (seeing how it gives +15 to str, you'll be able to wield most weapons anyway.))

(Assume this is said on the shuttle towards the Sword.)

"Well then, I guess that was it lads. The year has ended, and I've got to admit, ya'll did much better than I had anticipated. We explored a good half of our zones, gathered a load of samples, and everyone got out of it with relative minor injuries. Spending a year on a barren planetoid that did everything in its power to kill us without any casualties is a successful mission for all I care. Well done team, well done."

Then, as the shuttle landed and he was in the safety and stability of the Sword again, Miyamoto looked forward to some well-earned rest, a good shower, and

"We've got things to do first."

'Oh for the love off... '

"You three are to come with me"

He sighed, then straightened his composure and said:
"Sure thing ma'am."

((Question for PW: do you think it'd be possible for me to do anything between this and whatever is happening next? Cause I'd like to do some small modifications to Gilgamesh, but if it isn't the time for it I'll just wait. Or we could arrange it over PM if you'd like.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #15829 on: August 29, 2013, 06:11:59 am »

((While our esteemed champions are being dragged off to god knows where, I'd like to take this oppertunity to remind our returning allies that I still have a MKII and a flamethrower for sale, for 4 tokens each. Come on, wizards needs decompensator badly. Also, I'm doing this in OOC because I'm not sure if we can actually do anything in stasis. Besides I send a mass email before these missions started, so it still counts technically :P))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15830 on: August 29, 2013, 06:14:07 am »

((Would you be willing to part with the suit for 2 and 2 on credit?, payed as soon as I come back from my 1st mission?))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15831 on: August 29, 2013, 06:20:47 am »

((That's assuming you come back. Hehe.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15832 on: August 29, 2013, 06:24:18 am »

((true that is the risk, but it is unlikely I will be able to afford the whole thing rigth off the bat, and the suit itself will increase my likelihood of coming back))

Edit: I also just heard on tv and did a little reading. People have grown fragments of brains from stem cells, it's not too unfeasible that the tech is improved by the time of ER, it would make making wetware computers easier
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15833 on: August 29, 2013, 06:49:56 am »

Wait for the three important plot people to do their stuff while everyone else is forced to be in stasis.
Complain to GM about not being able to explore enough. That every little thing takes several turns, and a few minutes stop in the game, can turn into several missed turns that could have consisted of exploring.
Complain about other stuff. Complain about mission being too short. Complain about updates being too infrequent. Complain of players being idiots. Complain of not having enough opportunities to earn tokens.
Complain that we are mortal. Complain about unreasonable stuff. Complain that playing a game on the forums is not the same as being there. Complain of being stuck in a stasis pod. Be paranoid of being stuck into a stasis pod because I can't protect myself in it. Continue doing that.
Try to speech the GM into faster updates. Complain to GM about Random.org. Continue being very patient and reasonable.

Complain about the complaints.

Edit: I also just heard on tv and did a little reading. People have grown fragments of brains from stem cells, it's not too unfeasible that the tech is improved by the time of ER, it would make making wetware computers easier
((I'm pretty sure Steve is made of real brains.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15834 on: August 29, 2013, 06:53:57 am »

((I know he is, because why waste a resource, but those drones and things, could easily be synth-brains (needs a better name) would probably be cheaper than harvesting dog brains and stuff))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15835 on: August 29, 2013, 07:11:11 am »

((I know he is, because why waste a resource, but those drones and things, could easily be synth-brains (needs a better name) would probably be cheaper than harvesting dog brains and stuff))
((Why would it be? Even if the process is fairly simple, which it likely isn't, as you said: Why waste a resource? It's not like they've got a shortage of dogs, people, or adorable orphans dying or being utterly expendable anyway.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15836 on: August 29, 2013, 07:15:01 am »

((Ok but how many of those brains are actually useable?, ok so it may not be cheaper per say, but it would allow drones to be more common))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15837 on: August 29, 2013, 07:37:24 am »

((Given how many people--and dogs--die in the ERverse, the non-biological parts might well be the limiting resource. Or the money to buy them. It wouldn't surprise me if the guys who made the Sword picked up euthanized pets from a planet's animal shelters over a few days when they needed to make the computer. Side benefit, the rest can go into the meals...which is about par for the HMRC.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #15838 on: August 29, 2013, 07:42:34 am »

((Would you be willing to part with the suit for 2 and 2 on credit?, payed as soon as I come back from my 1st mission?))
((Eh, I'm not really against just giving you the credit, but I really need that decompensator before I go on my next mission or I'll be rolling sixes 1/2 of the time with my +2 exotic. And we all know that overshooting amps is not healthy. If no-one else offers the full price or I can borrow some tokens from someone else so I can get to 20, I'll give you the credit.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15839 on: August 29, 2013, 07:49:15 am »

Thanks, its just that I only have 5 and I am going to need 3 to buy even the cheapest manipulator
Pages: 1 ... 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 ... 2101