_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921585 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15795 on: August 28, 2013, 07:51:13 pm »

((I can't understand why one would be unable to distinguish between imagination and reality. Imagination and dreams are even more imperfect and fragmented then memories or reality. It requires conscious effort to maintain them in the case of daydreams or remember them in the case of dreams. And I feel things in my dreams. I can imagine the taste and smell and texture of a perfectly cooked piece of bacon and make my mouth water. I don't see why there would be a problem.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:14:41 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15796 on: August 28, 2013, 08:03:17 pm »

((Not to hurt on that idea so much, but the idea that the body says when you need to sleep has something borked with it. I've stayed up until midnight without realizing it at times, because around me it's still vibrant, active, and very not-bedtime-looking.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15797 on: August 28, 2013, 08:05:57 pm »

((What makes the synth-flesh in this game different from the synth-flesh we have in real life?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15798 on: August 28, 2013, 08:11:51 pm »

((What makes the synth-flesh in this game different from the synth-flesh we have in real life?))

(( RL synthflesh is pretty much limited to synthetic skin grafts at the moment and cannot (usually) restore sensation or function if the underlying nerves are damaged.

ER synthflesh is an entire synthetic body system. So, for the synth-leg, it's synthetic bone, muscle, and skin, and doesn't bother with any receptors at all! Except some sort of proprioception, I would assume. I would also assume that there is some sort of synthetic circulatory & control system that keeps it functional. It's also way tougher than regular skin, including RL synthetic skin. ))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15799 on: August 28, 2013, 08:15:48 pm »

((Just because you have a robot body does not mean you cannot become tired, it merely means you are unable to become physically exhausted. Your brain will inform you that you need to sleep in several ways, you wont be able to focus, your mind will feel sluggish and slow, sleep deprivation will give you headaches and you will eventually pass out when your brain reaches its limit.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15800 on: August 28, 2013, 08:15:58 pm »

(( RL synthflesh is pretty much limited to synthetic skin grafts at the moment and cannot (usually) restore sensation or function if the underlying nerves are damaged.

ER synthflesh is an entire synthetic body system. So, for the synth-leg, it's synthetic bone, muscle, and skin, and doesn't bother with any receptors at all! Except some sort of proprioception, I would assume. I would also assume that there is some sort of synthetic circulatory & control system that keeps it functional. It's also way tougher than regular skin, including RL synthetic skin. ))

((Sci-fi Play-doh? Cool.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15801 on: August 28, 2013, 08:18:29 pm »

((Done with the previous post.))

((Not to hurt on that idea so much, but the idea that the body says when you need to sleep has something borked with it. I've stayed up until midnight without realizing it at times, because around me it's still vibrant, active, and very not-bedtime-looking.))
((But you didn't stay up for three days because of it, did you? Simply because you've fooled some receptors and ways for it to tell you that, doesn't mean there aren't many others.))

((If it's related to this argument, I can actually say that you shouldn't have any of those problems in a synth-flesh body. Other problems, yes, but not the ones I was talking about.))

((Just because you have a robot body does not mean you cannot become tired, it merely means you are unable to become physically exhausted. Your brain will inform you that you need to sleep in several ways, you wont be able to focus, your mind will feel sluggish and slow, sleep deprivation will give you headaches and you will eventually pass out when your brain reaches its limit.))
((Yes, but you probably won't be able to keep a stable sleep cycle. With only half (brain but not body) of your ways to inform you of tiredness, I'm pretty sure that's gonna be completely broken. And I also don't know whether you will have the healthy (many hour) sleep. It is pretty possible that you will have intermittent short periods of sleep.))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:23:19 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15802 on: August 28, 2013, 08:24:38 pm »

((By the way, piecewise stated in a previous mission that painless prosthetics are uncommon outside of the military due to the danger crazy painless cyborgs could pose.
This means that if you were so desperate to begin feeling again all you would have to do is switch your body for a civilian model or start with a model that has toggleable synthetic pain receptors.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15803 on: August 28, 2013, 08:26:42 pm »

((Grate should get 20 tokens and get himself a full body prosthesis. It'd be like a sci-fi war criminal version of Big.))
((That would be amusing, but it's unlikely to happen.))

((I'm trying to think of things Grate could do to try and be less pathetic. My current plan involves getting over his unpleasant experiences in the mission, followed by an inquiry into space magic, followed by finding ways to earn credits.))

((It's easy really: buy Civic Defenders Longcoat, have Grate stand on Lyra's shoulders, don said longcoat. Initiate team-up.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15804 on: August 28, 2013, 08:30:01 pm »

((Grate should get 20 tokens and get himself a full body prosthesis. It'd be like a sci-fi war criminal version of Big.))
((That would be amusing, but it's unlikely to happen.))

((I'm trying to think of things Grate could do to try and be less pathetic. My current plan involves getting over his unpleasant experiences in the mission, followed by an inquiry into space magic, followed by finding ways to earn credits.))

((It's easy really: buy Civic Defenders Longcoat, have Grate stand on Lyra's shoulders, don said longcoat. Initiate team-up.))
((That mental image.... :D))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15805 on: August 28, 2013, 08:35:28 pm »

((...))

((Grate's not going to think of that. MAYBE if someone suggests it IC.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15806 on: August 28, 2013, 09:13:06 pm »

Can I join?
Edit: changed a few stats around.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:20:23 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15807 on: August 28, 2013, 09:16:30 pm »

Can I join?
((Ooohh, an honorable one. This should be interesting.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15808 on: August 28, 2013, 09:16:55 pm »

(I dont suggest you gimp anything but CHa at 1st, plus that one point in cha/ 2 points in str don't do anything. just saying, its 3 to negate penalty and 5s for bonuses
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15809 on: August 28, 2013, 09:17:49 pm »

(I dont suggest you gimp anything but CHa at 1st, plus that one point in cha/ 2 points in str don't do anything. just saying, its 3 to negate penalty and 5s for bonuses
((And the lower your CHA score, the funnier the speech roll results are.))
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 2101