_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921625 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15780 on: August 28, 2013, 03:19:19 pm »

((Alright then.

Assuming that there are people who care about your psychological health enough to not let you fester in your malignant thoughts, and assuming no other issues, it should be simple enough to prevent the problems from happening. They're long-term ones, easily solved with a little bit of effort every day.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #15781 on: August 28, 2013, 03:27:38 pm »

While in the stasis pod STEPHEN HAWKING muses about that time he invented the stasis pod.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15782 on: August 28, 2013, 03:39:41 pm »

((Grate should get 20 tokens and get himself a full body prosthesis. It'd be like a sci-fi war criminal version of Big.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15783 on: August 28, 2013, 03:45:06 pm »

(Pfff haha XD I don't think synthfaces resemble Tom Hanks, though.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15784 on: August 28, 2013, 04:13:24 pm »

While in the stasis pod STEPHEN HAWKING muses about that time he invented the stasis pod.
((Stasis dementia is truly a wonderful thing, it would seem. Especially in this case.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15785 on: August 28, 2013, 05:08:44 pm »

((Grate should get 20 tokens and get himself a full body prosthesis. It'd be like a sci-fi war criminal version of Big.))
((That would be amusing, but it's unlikely to happen.))

((I'm trying to think of things Grate could do to try and be less pathetic. My current plan involves getting over his unpleasant experiences in the mission, followed by an inquiry into space magic, followed by finding ways to earn credits.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15786 on: August 28, 2013, 05:33:39 pm »

((I'm trying to think of things Grate could do to try and be less pathetic. My current plan involves getting over his unpleasant experiences in the mission, followed by an inquiry into space magic, followed by finding ways to earn credits.))
((Alternatively, he could become a speech character with a group of slaves bodyguards. Denzel would be willing to help out.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15787 on: August 28, 2013, 05:36:26 pm »

((Alternatively, he could become a speech character with a group of slaves bodyguards. Denzel would be willing to help out.))
((First order of business is to stop clinging to adults trying to protect you.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15788 on: August 28, 2013, 05:39:04 pm »

((First order of business is to stop clinging to adults trying to protect you.))
((Now that I think of it, I wonder how Grate would react to overloading a manipulator and causing collateral damage, namely to innocents. That would actually be pretty interesting to see how it plays out.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #15789 on: August 28, 2013, 06:41:20 pm »

((It's the little things. You realize that you don't feel air currents on your face, or smell the chemical smell of the latrines or whatever they have onboard. With no metabolism, you have that much less to do. Waking and dreaming are that much less distinct. On its own, it won't cause insanity, but in a fragile person or on top of other factors, it could push them over the edge. And the HMRC has plenty of people close to the edge...))
((The thing is, since no real-world studies have been done on this kind of thing, we don't know if it would cause insanity on it's own. I would cautiously lean towards the idea that yes, it would. But once again, we really don't know.))
((I would post down a medical note, but it would take long. So I'll just say this: I've taken Psychology, and those kinds of things are relative to the person's philosophy before that current time. While the concept of 'being human' is also as relative, it has universal definitions...

And GWG isn't putting the correct details there. :p I'd rather take this to PMs if anyone is interested.))

((Alright then.

Assuming that there are people who care about your psychological health enough to not let you fester in your malignant thoughts, and assuming no other issues, it should be simple enough to prevent the problems from happening. They're long-term ones, easily solved with a little bit of effort every day.))
((Don't be a jerk and assume that people don't. Because this rubbed off very badly for me.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15790 on: August 28, 2013, 06:48:17 pm »

((We're also assuming a you who has been put into a robot body. My point is, I wasn't trying to target any of you guys or, indeed, any single real person, but rather a hypothetical person who decided to go through with the bodyectomy.))
Sig

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15791 on: August 28, 2013, 06:50:35 pm »

Have dreams that I'm a gangster. Drinking Moet, holding Tecs. Making sure the cash came correct when I stepped. Investments in stocks, sowing up the block to sell rocks, and winning gun fights with mega-cops.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15792 on: August 28, 2013, 07:09:05 pm »

((It's the little things. You realize that you don't feel air currents on your face, or smell the chemical smell of the latrines or whatever they have onboard. With no metabolism, you have that much less to do. Waking and dreaming are that much less distinct. On its own, it won't cause insanity, but in a fragile person or on top of other factors, it could push them over the edge. And the HMRC has plenty of people close to the edge...))
((The thing is, since no real-world studies have been done on this kind of thing, we don't know if it would cause insanity on it's own. I would cautiously lean towards the idea that yes, it would. But once again, we really don't know.))
((I would post down a medical note, but it would take long. So I'll just say this: I've taken Psychology, and those kinds of things are relative to the person's philosophy before that current time. While the concept of 'being human' is also as relative, it has universal definitions...

And GWG isn't putting the correct details there. :p I'd rather take this to PMs if anyone is interested.))
((Well, of course they're relative, the question is how much, and what exactly they are. There's always going to be a small minority, a sizable minority, and a majority. The question is who is who. For my side, I wouldn't go insane or murderous per se, but I'm not sure I would be able to distinguish between imaginations and reality, since there isn't any real way to distinguish between them when being in a robot body.

Not sure that I see how it relates to the concept of 'being human'. I mean, I see how being in a robot body can raise questions about one's humanity. But were talking about what it means to the user, not how humanity will see him. And I don't think Grate put any details at all out there, correct or not.

And can't you just put it in a spoiler? If you really feel uncomfortable putting it here, the yes, please do pm me.))

((Don't be a jerk and assume that people don't. Because this rubbed off very badly for me.))
((Caring requires action, not caring does not require one. Therefore, it was correctly written.

We're not talking if you or any of our friends, or specific people, or whether a society at large will care. There are many situations where that won't happen, from HMRC to bad neighborhoods to failed states. Therefore, it should not be a foregone conclusion, and was written correctly.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15793 on: August 28, 2013, 07:15:03 pm »

((I can't understand why one would be unable to distinguish between imagination and reality. Imagination and dreams are even more imperfect and fragmented then memories or reality. It requires conscious effort to maintain them in the case of daydreams or remember them in the case of dreams. And I feel things in my dreams. I can imagine the taste and smell and texture of a perfectly cooked piece of bacon and make my mouth water. I don't see why there would be a problem.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15794 on: August 28, 2013, 07:22:26 pm »

((Well, it all depends on how the robodies interfaced with the brain and what senses they provided...and, above all, the mental health and situation of the individual. Really, we're just guessing.

I feel confident in saying that it wouldn't help...))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 2101