_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922298 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15705 on: August 26, 2013, 07:26:06 pm »

((That is kinda what I am going for, Once i get the basics hammered out, I want to put A Retractable conical piece on top of the Hemisphere So i Can create a lance with the shockwave, retractable so the weapon it's-self is still able to be used at melee range, what do you think?))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15706 on: August 26, 2013, 08:11:19 pm »

((You would probably be better off making the hemisphere detachable and the piston telescopic... putting a nosepiece on would probably lead to repeated impacts deforming your shockwave chamber.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15707 on: August 26, 2013, 08:21:48 pm »

((the nosepiece is necessary to focus the shockwave, that is why I need a strong material
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15708 on: August 26, 2013, 08:25:19 pm »

((Remember, some missions take place in vacuum, where shockwaves won't be a concern.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15709 on: August 26, 2013, 08:27:34 pm »

((which is part of the reason i want the weapon to have 2 modes, shockwave and melee))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15710 on: August 26, 2013, 08:31:45 pm »

((I thought meant the conical nosepiece would serve as a physical lance not a concentrated shockwave, my bad.
Although a telescopic funtion would possibly increase your weapons range in vacuum from melee to short.

I cant wait to get back and begin tinkering again. Hint, hint mission 10.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15711 on: August 27, 2013, 04:09:32 am »

Hey Piecewise, I'm currently up to reading your XCom journal, made me purchase the bundle (including the modern one) from steam, and also making me want to go back and play Jagged Alliance for some reason

edit: the one for your journal, which were you playing?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:22:11 am by wolfchild »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15712 on: August 27, 2013, 05:46:44 am »

((I think piecewise was playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown. If you're interested, there's also UFO: Alien Invasion, an open source remake of the original. I have wasted many hours on both of those.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15713 on: August 27, 2013, 06:02:43 am »

((cool enemy unknown is the one im downloading atm))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15714 on: August 27, 2013, 11:40:39 am »

Slide more pieces of the wall across the floor until I've established a safe path across the room to search for the next door.
It takes a while, lots of cutting and slowly and carefully throwing bits into the room, but you figure out what looks like a safe path across the electrified floors.

"Let's see...
1) There's only so much space in a head, and I think I heard something about only three or so amps being possible. What about decompensator? Does installing a decomp reduce the number of amps we can have?
2) There are amps that duplicate manipulators on your list, and then there are those of each that don't seem to have duplicates. Are there things that amps can do that manipulator can't, or vice versa?
"

Ask.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
"Decompensators take the place of one of those amp slots, as it were."

"Sometimes amps are just better suited for a task then manipulators. You could control someones mind with a manipulator, but it would require you to read and interpret thousands of lines of neural coding. Easier to just push it into your head directly."

Okay, so four for cards?  I was going to play crib, though, that works fine.  You guys all know how to play?

((Wiki does a good job of explaining it.  You start out by dealing out five cards to each player))

Deal out five cards to each player, including myself
So... is it important to hide your hand? If so Imma have to pm this.

Jim hauled himself up, unmindful of the stasis-goop on him, and looked around. "Steve? What just happened on the mission?" he asked. He'd felt a cold chill in his synthetic spine, right before he woke up and ejected himself out of stasis. While waiting for a reply, he went back to the rec room to look around and see what was going on.

Question Steve, head to rec room.

(I can make you another sword, Tir. It's all right. ^^^;)
>Your girlfriend got wounded again. But she'll get better soon. Just as soon as we stitch her head on to something new.

Head to the armory and try to find someone.

((Was busy. Took longer to reply))
You find a woman sitting in a kiosk. She seems very much disinterested in you and everything around her.

"Sure. Wasn't sure how long that kind of thing takes." Milno answers, quite sincerely so.

Milno wanders to the rec room and checks the scene.
A drunk and a newbie are playing cards on one of the mess tables, Pancaek and Chin are locked away in the VR machines, along with someone you don't recognize. The tv is on, throwing the flashing bright colors of a commercial across the sofa and walls. It's relatively quiet and slow.

I have been thinking since I have not used either yet, and I have not gone on a mission yet, can I swap my 3 points in CHA out for the same number added to INT?

OK try this

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

Also test to see if, with the hemisphere removed it can still effect melee damage, just use a piece of concrete or something

((if this thing works I want to have the focusing chamber retractable so it can be used melee against harder targets/at all in a vacuum))
Ok, that works and creates shockwaves. However, it would only work as a melee weapon so long as that rod is free to move even without being fired, so that it can strike the amp when the amp hits a surface. Unless of course you just want to fire the weapon as soon as it makes contact. That would work too.

Hey Piecewise, I'm currently up to reading your XCom journal, made me purchase the bundle (including the modern one) from steam, and also making me want to go back and play Jagged Alliance for some reason

edit: the one for your journal, which were you playing?
Enemy unknown, yeah. It has it's flaws (can't pick unit specialization, smaller numbers, iffy line of sight at times) but it's still a fun game.  As per the UFO: alien invasion, I personally wouldn't recommend it. It lacks some things (destructible terrain), has some strange game play "features" (How many people you can hire isn't dictated solely by money, there are seemingly arbitrary limits that will sometimes leaves you with tons of cash and no soldiers in the entire world that you can hire) and lacks of mid-mission saving. Just go for the original xcom; though be warned it is far more indepth then enemy unknown, sometimes to it's detriment, but sometimes to it's benefit.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15715 on: August 27, 2013, 11:49:51 am »

Well. Little else to do and he wasn't in the mood to try the AM's second training course after having just finished the first one.

Check the TV for any news.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15716 on: August 27, 2013, 12:19:59 pm »

(Hmm, so my amp slots are full due to the decomp. Didn't know that...)

Jim closed his eyes and clenched all four of his fists. "...So she did die then. Goddamnit." He walked over to Milno and slumped onto the couch next to him. "Hey," he said as a simple greeting.

Watch TV for now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15717 on: August 27, 2013, 12:27:29 pm »

The familiar sound of a shuttle docking in the hanger is obscured by steve's voice on the PA system.

>Report to stasis. Report to stasis. Beginning jump procedures now.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15718 on: August 27, 2013, 12:31:43 pm »

Charles exits the shuttle and gets statis'd.
...I shot at a teammate accidentally... I was trying to deliver an agonizing death to another person... what the hell is wrong with me? ...I'm no better than the worst of my patients... capable of understanding morality yet not follow it... am I a failure of a human being now? Do I have a soul? Or am I just an insane mockery of humanity as a whole...
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15719 on: August 27, 2013, 12:41:15 pm »

Jim gets right back in stasis.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 2101